ADVERTISEMENT

Pine-Richland 2023

It's pretty much a shootout. PCC's and P-R's offenses can't be stopped. I think Huffman is hurt. Haven't seen him at all tonight.
PR has the right strategy on keeping centrals offense off the field. Letting the clock run down to almost 0 before hiking it. What an upset and great game by pr. I've been saying all year don't write pr off. Dejone is the best at making adjustments. The centrals game last year is what kicked off pr streak to states. Great win by pr.

Last edited:
deja vu?

I think most people including myself wrote off PR two years in a row, until they beat Central

are they the favorites in 5A now? Peters looks good but I saw them in person, they are a bit small looking if you ask me and a team with a strong line i think could push them around

deja vu?

I think most people including myself wrote off PR two years in a row, until they beat Central

are they the favorites in 5A now? Peters looks good but I saw them in person, they are a bit small looking if you ask me and a team with a strong line i think could push them around
Ive picked PR from the beginning and have stuck with them even after their losses. I've been posting that but you crack me up. One win and PCC is done and PR is crowned the wpial champs. The seasons only halfway over. 5A is definitely interesting. I wouldn't write off woody high or Penn hills either.

Na, PCC and PR are al good football teams- LeDonne changed some things tonight- it worked- and we had a good gameplan- btw he has a PhD

Ive picked PR from the beginning and have stuck with them even after their losses. I've been posting that but you crack me up. One win and PCC is done and PR is crowned the wpial champs. The seasons only halfway over. 5A is definitely interesting. I wouldn't write off woody high or Penn hills either.
i never saw you pick them

PCC is done as far as being a threat to SJP goes

if you think PCC is the best team in WPIAL 6A why is it wrong to think PR might be the best in 5A? if they pushed around Central i don't see how they won't push around little Peters or any other team in 5A

Reactions: newport
i never saw you pick them

PCC is done as far as being a threat to SJP goes

if you think PCC is the best team in WPIAL 6A why is it wrong to think PR might be the best in 5A? if they pushed around Central i don't see how they won't push around little Peters or any other team in 5A
My preseason picks were 6A PCC 5A pine Richland 4A TJ 3A belle Vernon 2A beaver falls 1A union. I said after the loss to Penn hills I wouldn't count them out. They had a slow start last year and Dejohn is the best at making adjustments. My point was it was 1 nonconference game. Youre saying PCC is done and PR is the champ. I'm not a bandwagon picker. Ill stick with my preseason picks and there's a ton of football to be played. The 2015 PCC lost in the regular season game as well and we know how that turned out.

My preseason picks were 6A PCC 5A pine Richland 4A TJ 3A belle Vernon 2A beaver falls 1A union. I said after the loss to Penn hills I wouldn't count them out. They had a slow start last year and Dejohn is the best at making adjustments. My point was it was 1 nonconference game. Youre saying PCC is done and PR is the champ. I'm not a bandwagon picker. Ill stick with my preseason picks and there's a ton of football to be played. The 2015 PCC lost in the regular season game as well and we know how that turned out.
you can change your mind when you have new facts and information, just because you said something or made a prediction months ago doesn't mean you have to feel that way forever

I didn't say Central is done, I said they are no threat to SJP, actually I have been saying no PA team is a threat to SJP since last year

the 2015 team didn't lose to a team that lost 3 games and got blown out by one of them recently in NA

this Central team was easily the most hyped WPIAL team that ended up losing in the regular season

you can change your mind when you have new facts and information, just because you said something or made a prediction months ago doesn't mean you have to feel that way forever

I didn't say Central is done, I said they are no threat to SJP, actually I have been saying no PA team is a threat to SJP since last year

the 2015 team didn't lose to a team that lost 3 games and got blown out by one of them recently in NA

this Central team was easily the most hyped WPIAL team that ended up losing in the regular season
I think this Central team will go down as better than the 2015 version.

1- yes this is fun- let's not insult each other! 2- PR did not "run the same thing" they ran about 6-8 different plays each way, so 12-16 plays

3- most interesting- at times only 1 guy going 2-ways for PR- yes 20 "one-way starters" so Off and Def were "more fresh" than PCC kids, who is a "bigger school"

4-lastly against PCC- BALL control- wow- 4th qtr- PR had ball on Off for 11 of 12 minutes!!

When I watched the live stream, I was pretty surprised at PCC on O. I about fell out of my chair when I saw PCC run up the middle 4 straight times to end the game. I have to say the game plan was subpar....

When I watched the live stream, I was pretty surprised at PCC on O. I about fell out of my chair when I saw PCC run up the middle 4 straight times to end the game. I have to say the game plan was subpar....
lol-game was a "cat & mouse game" until 2 min left when the mouse ate the cat!!

Big one against woody tonight. Pr doesn’t have a guranteed way to the playoffs if they don’t win. Definitely super nervous about the defense, particularly the secondary who have been getting cooked bad the past few weeks. Woodys passing game has been very good this year, and the scoop smith kid has 4.4 type speed as a sophomore. Also another facet that I think goes under the radar about them is how huge they are on the LOS. I counted one OL who was listed below 300. Not sure pr is gonna be able to just pound it 30+ times with pillar on some of that size and they will certainly be in a better scheme than PCC, need strader to really step up and game manage along side pillar.

Also watching them this week, it looks like the niko Andrew’s kid from last year is there and starting at db. Wonder what the story is with that if anyone knew. I thought he went to north catholic. Like said previously, Not a big loss for us here tbh, dudes been planted in the run game all season long from the film I’ve seen.

Losing in the regular season to a non conference opponent means nothing. They will win another wpial title.

Losing in
Drip- It just means that they are not that good. I see NA beating them when it counts for the wpial.

I think Mannheim, Parkland, CB West, CB Sourh all could hang and/or beat Pgh CC

My gut is The prep won’t be playing. Pgh CC. They won’t get that far.

21-0 pine
Same gameplan as against PCC, woody can’t do anything to stop it. I’m pretty shocked by woodys play calling, they’ve been trying to run it on the few drives they have and are going 3 and out very fast, playing right into what pr is trying to do by controlling the clock.

Reactions: Soup13
Woodys line is big but they are not a rough and tumble group. Getting man handled…

Scoop smith and the QB both injured on back to back plays. Just a disastrous game for woody.

Does peters only run the ball?
No. Peters throws the ball pretty often quick game, screens, etc..they do run the ball but seem to pass more than Run. D is good and so is the scheme D. Well coached team. The Line is small and their weakness. I see pine running right through them if they end up playing

No. Peters throws the ball pretty often quick game, screens, etc..they do run the ball but seem to pass more than Run. D is good and so is the scheme D. Well coached team. The Line is small and their weakness. I see pine running right through them if they end up playing
PR line is their strength. It'll be interesting when they do the pairing because Penn hills did beat them in a close game.

Reactions: Soup13
PR will manhandle them with their line

I saw PR in person twice last year, and now saw them play North Hills this weekend. Big strong line, but NH held their own for 3 quarters. NH played with 5 down linemen and basically had everyone close to the line and ignored the pass. If NH had any offense at all this game would have been close.

IMO this team is not at the level of last year. Palmieri was a real QB and could throw quite well, Pillar of course is just a RB albeit very good. PR did use Huffman and Strader at QB on occasion but they didn't really throw enough for me to form much of an opinion. Final note, PR took a lot of penalties- holding, delay of game, false start, PF's, etc. Very uncharacteristic of PR teams. Can they win the WPIAL? Yes, but no way is it going to be a cakewalk. Can they win the PIAA? Highly doubt it.

Reactions: new2pa
I saw PR in person twice last year, and now saw them play North Hills this weekend. Big strong line, but NH held their own for 3 quarters. NH played with 5 down linemen and basically had everyone close to the line and ignored the pass. If NH had any offense at all this game would have been close.

IMO this team is not at the level of last year. Palmieri was a real QB and could throw quite well, Pillar of course is just a RB albeit very good. PR did use Huffman and Strader at QB on occasion but they didn't really throw enough for me to form much of an opinion. Final note, PR took a lot of penalties- holding, delay of game, false start, PF's, etc. Very uncharacteristic of PR teams. Can they win the WPIAL? Yes, but no way is it going to be a cakewalk. Can they win the PIAA? Highly doubt it.
good breakdown- offense is not as good as 22, but defense might be better in 23

Reactions: new2pa
ok- the good football starts tonight! If we play great, PR win 35-7, mistakes and sloppy, i still like PR 28-14. Thoughts?

PR 42 BP 21
Bethel Park defense is not very good, Pine-Richland is going to score a bunch.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT