ADVERTISEMENT

Pine-Richland 2023

new- nice!!

We might have similar talent as last year, so we could go almost as far- but these are my biggest Qs-

-who is #2 RB
-will all of the coaches stay? Hope so, but that was a big-ask- big time commitment
-what will they get for week zero?

no, but i hear its gonna be Ryan Leihmeir, who was was one of the asst coaches pushed out from PR, now asst at Seneca Valley

It will be a shock to me if PCC doesn’t hire an internal candidate or some one with prior Head Coaching experience.

new- nice!!

We might have similar talent as last year, so we could go almost as far- but these are my biggest Qs-

-who is #2 RB
-will all of the coaches stay? Hope so, but that was a big-ask- big time commitment
-what will they get for week zero?
Malvern Prep has 3 open dates at the beginning of the year.

Malvern Prep has 3 open dates at the beginning of the year.
Lil, if you know someone have them check with the following Mid Penn teams, and Wilson that schedule anyone anywhere at the top of their seasons. Here's a few egs from last year's schedules. Don't have 2023-24 schedules.

McDevitt; Imhotep, LaSalle
Hburg; St. Vincent Pallotti (called lightening), Delaware Valley, Manheim Twp
St Col; Downingtown East, Williamsport
Cent Daup; Coatesville, Central York, Wilson
Cumb Val; Spring Ford, Township, C. York
Wilson; Roman, MLK, CD

Even the smaller schools....
Steel High; Bishop Canevin, Westinghouse
Trinity; Roman, Wyomissing
Berks Catholic; Exec Ed of Allentown, PJP-II, Loyalsock. Played Malvern Prep recently,

Hearing they open week 0 against pick north again away, and then obviously same schedule as last year but flipped.

Reactions: new2pa
Heard tonight that P-R OC left and QB Coach McMahon had falling out with Coach LeDonne and also left the program. Can anyone confirms this.

Wonder what happened there. The oc was with ledonne at ph I believe as well. I will say, despite turning it around and winning the state championship, the scheme and play calling were awful the first half of the year.

Rowlands was anouther hold over from the campos staff, he was on the team probably about 4-5 years ago as a long snapper.

Wonder what happened there. The oc was with ledonne at ph I believe as well. I will say, despite turning it around and winning the state championship, the scheme and play calling were awful the first half of the year.

Rowlands was anouther hold over from the campos staff, he was on the team probably about 4-5 years ago as a long snapper.
even with the success it is not easy to coach at PR

I like a lot of Ledonne has done but i will be surprised if he is HC more than a couple more years

Agreed, we will certainly see. I know he has a young son coming up and he probably wants to coach him so hopefully an overzealous school board member doesn’t ruin that when the time comes. We were very fortunate to have relatively the same guys around for so long that all lived in the community. Probably not going to see the same year to year continuity with the coordinators and assistants it seems now.

Reactions: pcc64
Heard 2 things today: Younger Spencer is not playing football. He looked really athletic to me at QB in limited duty last year. Will focus on wrestling. Leaves Hoffman and Beam I suppose at QB.

Also heard several kids from P-R applied at PCC. I heard no names so I can't say how accurate this is. Interesting though.

Agreed, we will certainly see. I know he has a young son coming up and he probably wants to coach him so hopefully an overzealous school board member doesn’t ruin that when the time comes. We were very fortunate to have relatively the same guys around for so long that all lived in the community. Probably not going to see the same year to year continuity with the coordinators and assistants it seems now.

re: Ruining - lets hope, but no guarantee... The last P-R staff had no one in the school I don't think, but many members of the community in key roles. Besides LeDonne, I think there is a Dunlap on staff and maybe one other? Not sure though.

Reactions: JACKY6996
That’s pretty interesting that kids from pr are looking to go to pcc. For one they are loaded this upcoming season with plenty of starters returning on both sides of the ball, I can’t see anyone on PR’s team this upcoming year going over there with a guaranteed spot playing besides pillar or Cory. Second, there is a 0% chance they will be eligible unless they happen to be moving. Very easy for pr to contest that. And they should.

Well- if we travel back in time- when i said some of the PR kids would leave the program- these are some of those kids. I don't think Spencer was handled/coached correctly. I know he is a great wrestling, but he is a huge loss, stud, would have been a great player for two years- has been the best player in his grade for 3-4 years

Again, sorry to be negative, but these coaches are nowhere near the EK staff. Jacky- i agree no one is gonna start, but they will get better coaching at PCC. I think Andrews may be leaving, and there could be an 8th or 9th grader- not sure of names.

I am still a PR fan, but it will be exciting to see how interesting PCC offense gets next year with their talent and better coaching- should be noticeable imo

2020, you said something interesting that I think applies to a lot of schools. You have to have your best athletes in the school play if you are gonna consistently compete. I never saw younger Spencer play except 1 or 2 games this year, but if he was the “stud” of his grade and he’s really done, that will hurt. Especially if he was their QB.

Reactions: JACKY6996
That stinks about Spencer, but not the first pr kid to choose another sport over football. I remember hearing rumblings about cole doing the same thing a few years ago.

Nothing will ever compare to the EK staff at pr but ledonne has done a good job so far. He’s clearly was the second best option at the time if you couldn’t get ek or an assistant to take over. Pr was on a pretty sharp decline since 2021 and he flipped the switch mid season and won another title. Gotta respect it. I dont think you’ll ever see a staff like that in the wpial unless those guys all got together again at some point. At least 5 guys there that are all HC quality (Kasper, lehmier, sasson, Malinowski, jochem). Even what they have going at PCC rn doesn’t compare.

I don’t have all the insider info, but looking in from the outside that seems like a really short sighted move for those kids to bail to pcc. For one, how much “better” coaching would they receive, obviously those guys are all great over there but it’s not like ledonne is some idiot. He can clearly coach, I’d consider him one of the top in the state at this point. Also, How much is that better coaching going to even matter if you’re ineligible to play the season, or unable to get on the field over some of the studs they have coming up already. Nothing you could do about an 8th grader wanting to go but it gets more complicated with kids in HS already.

Wasn’t Andrew’s one of the kids who tried bailing to mars last year as well? Again, he’s not better than what PCC has returning this year, and the board of directors doesn’t look too favorable onto kids that try to play wpial free agency every offseason. The grass isn’t always greener.

That stinks about Spencer, but not the first pr kid to choose another sport over football. I remember hearing rumblings about cole doing the same thing a few years ago.

Nothing will ever compare to the EK staff at pr but ledonne has done a good job so far. He’s clearly was the second best option at the time if you couldn’t get ek or an assistant to take over. Pr was on a pretty sharp decline since 2021 and he flipped the switch mid season and won another title. Gotta respect it. I dont think you’ll ever see a staff like that in the wpial unless those guys all got together again at some point. At least 5 guys there that are all HC quality (Kasper, lehmier, sasson, Malinowski, jochem). Even what they have going at PCC rn doesn’t compare.

I don’t have all the insider info, but looking in from the outside that seems like a really short sighted move for those kids to bail to pcc. For one, how much “better” coaching would they receive, obviously those guys are all great over there but it’s not like ledonne is some idiot. He can clearly coach, I’d consider him one of the top in the state at this point. Also, How much is that better coaching going to even matter if you’re ineligible to play the season, or unable to get on the field over some of the studs they have coming up already. Nothing you could do about an 8th grader wanting to go but it gets more complicated with kids in HS already.

Wasn’t Andrew’s one of the kids who tried bailing to mars last year as well? Again, he’s not better than what PCC has returning this year, and the board of directors doesn’t look too favorable onto kids that try to play wpial free agency every offseason. The grass isn’t always greener.
jacky- lol... comments are spot-on!! Bummer if Andrews leaves, not a big loss, but still a bummer if he does. Coaching- yea, idk as weird as it sounds, I am starting to think that in some ways LeDonne might be better than EK- BUT- the assistants, as a group, on the EK staff were much better.

Not sure you know the long history of PR- but Spencer's uncles cousins are Merhauts- so he is kind of a PR football legacy "leaving the sport" so kinda sad from that end of things

Despite these bumps- the program is still strong- gonna be real shaky at QB tho- neither of those kids have ever, I mean ever, been a good QB, even dating back since like grade 3 or 4!! And no QB coach!!

Wonder why they have not yet announced schedule? PCC did- and comments... anyone know how PCC was able to schedule a "private school opponent for week 2? I thought that was locked in by WPIAL? Would be nice if Pr could pick more than one opponent!!

Heard today bezilla from PCC is new OC for PR. Not sure how to feel about that one. If you told me 4 years ago that pr would basically swap lehmier and bezilla I’d laugh very hard at your face.

just as a big a head spinner... Totten is now a PR coach!

yea, i don't love the changes, but somehow ledonne made things work last year
Wait what?!

I was literally about to just comment what if coach Fleming came too. That’s pretty wild can’t wait to hear what further insight you have on it

I think that all but confirms that totten didn’t really “retire” but was likely just forced out with his top assistants

Name coaches recycled to the top programs.
Hey New- tell what you are asking/wondering- are you asking about ALL coaches who have moved everywhere? Or just from PR? Cuz, SV and Mars are not really "top programs" at least not yet

P-R to/from Central was what I was talking about. Sorta skipped the largely mediocre “SV era”, and like you said, Mars hasn’t done anything ever.

New- gotcha, understood- Colodi- you can add that one- good program at EF, going to good program at Lebo

Jacky- yes, accurate- and ironic was that things started to "unravel" when PR played at PCC this past fall, and kinda whooped them- that week was when the first coach quit, Flemming, mid-season- and I think parents and alumni got involved and starting pushing for big changes. I do not think we will see Flemming also- his kid is at West Mifflin- maybe the dad coaches there, or take a year off- I think PR has plenty of coaches!

Comparing the two programs- PCC has mostly always better talent than PR, but over the last 10 years, PR has been better coached (usually). At this point, I do not think Bezila might not be OC for PR- the new OC, could be another new coach, Denison from Lebo. My guess is Bezilla's role will be clarified as the spring and summer "unfold." Totten's role might be figured out the same way.

LeDonne' style- in many ways unique/unconventional- is kinda "coordinator by committee" for both O and D.

2020: I had a little trouble understanding. Are you saying Lebo’s old OC May be P-Rs new OC, not Bezila.

Also, I think part of the reason Fleming left was because of his son’s play vs P-R. I was told there were a couple specific plays that were “the last straw” for the rest of the D staff and Totten with respect to PT.

P-R’s top 2 offensive guys from 2022 left, correct? Will this be a wholesale change on O? They lost probably 85% of their production with Palmeiri.

Denison was the coach from Lebo, he was hired first, primarily as an offensive coach, so maybe more likely to be the OC. Then Totten, then Bezilla. LeDonne would be good at Poker- not clear whether he does know yet, or he is just waiting to announce for sure- "whos coaching what."

Yes Palmieri is a big loss- great overall player- id argue best 2-way player from PR in the last 10 years. Loss on defense is big also.

Offenseive change- not sure, maybe, but- Pillar returns- maybe #2 offensive kid. Cory and Pillar returning are a good start- i was skeptical last year- so who knows, PR might go far again this year. Alex Cerm will also be a very good player. O-line is the biggest wild-card, imo. One great player, one blah player, and 3 unknowns, TBD. But Coach Mac, oline coach coach is great- kids say maybe as good as Sasson.

geez, thats a head-spinner! i had not heard that, will keep an ear-out for that, not sure why he would do that, i think he lives in the south hills- most pittsburghers don't like to go thru tunnels and cross bridges!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT