ADVERTISEMENT

Pine-Richland 2024

Well- PR used to be a "big dog" but no longer. Now- we most likely will have Aliquippa in our conference. Yipes- no way we can beat them now. Maybe in 20 or 22, but not in 23 or 24. Most likely Quips will run thru 5A, compete for the title- maybe make it tougher for PR to even make the playoffs, since being in the "northern area" they will join our conference. We have lost too many kids, numbers in the program have decreased- youth is strong, might get better in a couple years. I still like and support LeDonne- but he is nowhere near as good as the EK staff at "program building."

Thoughts?

Well, that is a big take. Quips will make 5A even deeper but I see Peters as still the team to beat.

P-R has seen a downturn in their skill players for the past several years, and that will be exaggerated even more vs team like Quip. P-R has had decent line play but most of those guys are also gone.

I guess I see P-R being good to very good for the next few years, but not great. That QB has some potential but has a long way to go to become a good passer.

Ledonne wants to run the ball (ground and pound) and that’s what I think he’s gonna have to do. Has to still prove to me he can win with his own players.

Well, that is a big take. Quips will make 5A even deeper but I see Peters as still the team to beat.

P-R has seen a downturn in their skill players for the past several years, and that will be exaggerated even more vs team like Quip. P-R has had decent line play but most of those guys are also gone.

I guess I see P-R being good to very good for the next few years, but not great. That QB has some potential but has a long way to go to become a good passer.

Ledonne wants to run the ball (ground and pound) and that’s what I think he’s gonna have to do. Has to still prove to me he can win with his own players.
phew- i agree, i will be surprised if he can build a championship team, too many glitches in the program, not enough consistency. One example- after 2022 I thought only having 2 guys return on the o-line was not enough- 23- zero, we had 5 seniors starting last yr, no returners, not good imo

New- if you remember a couple years ago, i had said "kids were leaving the program."
I just counted up at least 12 kids who have "left the FB program" at PR, since it was ripped apart 3 years ago- just from the 25 class.

I understand some of this is natural, kids leave football- but this seems like a lot of kids. These kids have quit or left the district, were good players, all would have been rising seniors- would have been a dominant class- but no more. In past years, we had 65-70 varsity kids- meaning 20-24 per class avg- next year's groups- as ninth graders- had like 30- now, 14.

That’s really low. 14 seniors in a 5A program is nothing. That implies a very small 10-12 roster - maybe 50-55 kids????

Did I see correctly that LeDonne’s kid doesn’t even go to P-R? How can that be?

I saw in the paper that she plays basketball for Oakland Catholic.

on another post, i said i "would be surprised if Ledonne is there more than a few more years." This is one of the reasons i said that- his son is maybe 7th grade now, i could see his kid going to PCC in 9th, and LeDonne going to coach there, or not coaching. Really makes me more sick about the crap they spewed about the previous coaching staff- by comparison they were much more supportive and loyal to the community than the current staff

Reactions: new2pa
And just like that P-R is getting sued again for gender related stuff. Can a district get sued more than P-R?

And just like that P-R is getting sued again for gender related stuff. Can a district get sued more than P-R?
yea, idk, seems to be a combination of arrogant super and pushy parents who can afford lawyers. The positive- at least now, the AD is good, normal guy, supports football and the HS principal is awesome, normal guy who supports football. People still hate the super, but he has not caused major problems for FB over the last 18 months, unless LeDonne has kept it quiet.

If I had to speculate why ledonnes daughter goes to Oakland Catholic, it has to do with the real sport that has shown decline at PR. Both basketball programs particularly the girls are not strong right now and haven’t been for a few years. Kinda weird, but not something too uncommon I guess. I can’t see him going to PCC though, or any school that has any of the main EK guys from PR. There is legitimate bad blood there, I’ve heard of stories over the years of some beef. No way he is going to be an assistant under lehmier, or even take an assistant job. If he were to leave PR he would easily be a top HC candidate that offseason, resume speaks imo. I guess if I had to ask why would he even want to leave? He lives in the district, the board and school admin that was involved in forcing EK out is mostly gone, and he’s seen moderate success so far. I’m not as linked into the football program as I once was in previous years but to me it seemed that PR is doing alright youth-HS after practically gutting the core guys 3 years ago. I guess we’ll see, remember we all speculated that PR would practically miss the playoffs the past two seasons and they for sure exceeded expectations.

Quips will be a competitive team in 5A, no way are they the favorite imo. Maybe they come into the season as some dominant team but for now they lose most starters including arguably their best QB in school history. A lot of key cogs from 3 straight state championship game runs gone. Hayes is one of the best players in the state though, will be interesting how they reload around him. Also don’t be surprised if they reload from other beaver county schools now that the bandaid is off and they’re in 5A. I’d also like to add quips have not played a true “big school” in a long time. Like 20+ years just going through their maxpreps season at a quick glance. It’s a whole different game depth wise, and physicality as well. Also could catch NA or PCC in non conference class crossover game.

If I had to speculate why ledonnes daughter goes to Oakland Catholic, it has to do with the real sport that has shown decline at PR. Both basketball programs particularly the girls are not strong right now and haven’t been for a few years. Kinda weird, but not something too uncommon I guess. I can’t see him going to PCC though, or any school that has any of the main EK guys from PR. There is legitimate bad blood there, I’ve heard of stories over the years of some beef. No way he is going to be an assistant under lehmier, or even take an assistant job. If he were to leave PR he would easily be a top HC candidate that offseason, resume speaks imo. I guess if I had to ask why would he even want to leave? He lives in the district, the board and school admin that was involved in forcing EK out is mostly gone, and he’s seen moderate success so far. I’m not as linked into the football program as I once was in previous years but to me it seemed that PR is doing alright youth-HS after practically gutting the core guys 3 years ago. I guess we’ll see, remember we all speculated that PR would practically miss the playoffs the past two seasons and they for sure exceeded expectations.

Quips will be a competitive team in 5A, no way are they the favorite imo. Maybe they come into the season as some dominant team but for now they lose most starters including arguably their best QB in school history. A lot of key cogs from 3 straight state championship game runs gone. Hayes is one of the best players in the state though, will be interesting how they reload around him. Also don’t be surprised if they reload from other beaver county schools now that the bandaid is off and they’re in 5A. I’d also like to add quips have not played a true “big school” in a long time. Like 20+ years just going through their maxpreps season at a quick glance. It’s a whole different game depth wise, and physicality as well. Also could catch NA or PCC in non conference class crossover game.
jacky- you are correct we have been skeptical but the program has still had success of the the last 3 years. So, maybe it will continue. However, the most "powerful" dudes are still at PR- the super and asst super will be there another 10 years- still could cause headaches for LeDonne. But, i can tell you for sure the grades 10-12 numbers are lower, and over the last 3 years, kids have "left not joined" the program. That is different than EKs 8 years. Ledonne has not stayed anywhere more than 5 years, and it is very difficult dealing with "PR parents" so, i hope im wrong, but i cannot see him being at PR until his son graduates.

There are no Gender Equity issues at OC for sure.

She's there because they have a better basketball program. Its that simple and fine as a family decision.

I personally think its a little bit complicated if you are the head football coach at a Public School.

I can't see him going to PCC for all the reasons you mention above, as long as Lehmeier is there.

yea, idk, seems to be a combination of arrogant super and pushy parents who can afford lawyers.
that's got to be the reason why because i was definitely wondering how it is them that always gets sued for this stuff, they have the parents that can afford the lawyers

i also think they are a little more ballsy too because they go to the media with their drama, like with the kid that had the racist sign asking a girl to the prom, similar things happen at other schools and it doesn't make the news

Big news if Aliquippa is in P-R's section. He and Sa'Nir Brooks are transferring from PCC. Both D-1 players.

Big news if Aliquippa is in P-R's section. He and Sa'Nir Brooks are transferring from PCC. Both D-1 players.
that's 2 transfers already, so does this guarantee they move up to 6A in the next cycle as long as they play for a wpial title?

"bring it on" will be the reaction of most of the PR community

Isn’t P-R QB a quip? Or was he at Penn Hills before he transferred to P-R?

Isn’t P-R QB a quip? Or was he at Penn Hills before he transferred to P-R?
QB was from Penn hills, kid from quip was Jance Henry but he ended up going back to beaver county over the summer and played at CV. That’s another name to watch to quip in the “transfer portal”, picked up a Pitt offer yesterday.

im not delusional to say we are not "mostly white and mostly higher income" but PR is hardly one big country club. For 5 years, we have been visiting Penn Hills, Woody High, Gateway and Pick north (ohio)- no problems to report- plenty of chevys, fords and honda driving around local PR streets- and don't forget our head guy is from quippa- and he is pretty much zero tolerance, with anything like "racism or elite - ism"

im not delusional to say we are not "mostly white and mostly higher income" but PR is hardly one big country club. For 5 years, we have been visiting Penn Hills, Woody High, Gateway and Pick north (ohio)- no problems to report- plenty of chevys, fords and honda driving around local PR streets- and don't forget our head guy is from quippa- and he is pretty much zero tolerance, with anything like "racism or elite - ism"
those districts have some nice places

Aliquippa has nothing

What happened with LeDonne and the kid that ended up transferring to Woody. I heard that some people claimed race was a role in that, but also that the kid was a malcontent too.

What happened with LeDonne and the kid that ended up transferring to Woody. I heard that some people claimed race was a role in that, but also that the kid was a malcontent too.
lol Andrews, def not racial- he was complainer, show-boat, and not happy in the run-focused offense in 22- oh yea- he was talking openly about transferring for like 2 years

lol Andrews, def not racial- he was complainer, show-boat, and not happy in the run-focused offense in 22- oh yea- he was talking openly about transferring for like 2 years
also, i think maybe the parents made things known about racial issues (that weren't there) in order to smooth out a transfer to Mars

I heard Dennison will be oc at South Fayette, few others from Palko staff joing then as as well.

Who will run the O at pine? This will be the 3rd different OC under LeDonne in 3 years, no?

I heard Dennison will be oc at South Fayette, few others from Palko staff joing then as as well.

Who will run the O at pine? This will be the 3rd different OC under LeDonne in 3 years, no?
spot-on accurate, yes Dennison is done, this makes 5 different in 5 years. Not sure some rumor that a coach named Buches might come back, to work w Bezilla i guess, for OC, but not confirmed- it's not easy to coach at PR- and it's not easy "keeping up w the big dogs" in 5A and 6A!!

Reactions: Soup13
Revolving door. Matter of time. All Coach K now gone for 2 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT