ADVERTISEMENT

Pine-Richland 2023

Congrats on your win tonight, NA! Didn't get to see any of the game but I saw Seneca got smoked by Canon-Mac and Central beat Bethel Park. Lebo won as well. It should be interesting to see how seeding goes but SV needs to get rid of their coaches as well. Should've promoted Lehmeier but he would've taken the PCC job regardless.

Saw Birch play. No way is he a D1 kid. Average. He's had 2 offers - but from Joe MOorhead at Oregon and Akron. I don't think he has any more. Sounds like Friends and Family sorta deal there.

P-R has lost to PH two years in a row. But they could runb the table until PH again.

Congrats on your win tonight, NA! Didn't get to see any of the game but I saw Seneca got smoked by Canon-Mac and Central beat Bethel Park. Lebo won as well. It should be interesting to see how seeding goes but SV needs to get rid of their coaches as well. Should've promoted Lehmeier but he would've taken the PCC job regardless.
Yes great win by NA over mcdowell. They always seem to be in the state playoffs.

No joke, this Seneca team may be the worst team in wpial 6A history. Mercy ruled by canon mac is nuts

PCC defense is suspect… let up 20 in the first half to bethel. Offense is fantastic

Lebo 3-0 but played weak teams

I don't think Birch has been considered a D1 prospect since he was a freshman at Jeannette

Gateway stinks, many had them ranked number 1

Reactions: new2pa
PR- bad QB, bad off coaching. But, lots of stuff can still happen, but- PR may have just lost to the eventual Pa state champ, will be fascinating to see them vs PCC

Gateway is terrible. I thought they had a p5 QB??? 15 points through 3 games?
Their starting QB Birch has not played the last 2 games, not sure why. He was on the sidelines last night but not dressed. Seemed fine. The second string QB is not very good, below average HS QB. They still have a D1 RB and a D1 WR but neither had a good showing against North Hills, but that was mainly because their offensive line struggled big time.

Their starting QB Birch has not played the last 2 games, not sure why. He was on the sidelines last night but not dressed. Seemed fine. The second string QB is not very good, below average HS QB. They still have a D1 RB and a D1 WR but neither had a good showing against North Hills, but that was mainly because their offensive line struggled big time.
he was in a car accident before the Lebo game I think, i completley forgot about that

PR fans, do you think it would be beneficial if PJ slimmed down? He seemed a lot faster in high school. BTW no blaiming him, PITT line was brutal

I think the bigger problem is his passing ability. Doesn’t even look like same kid. Doesn’t seem confident in pocket. Pressing.

I think the bigger problem is his passing ability. Doesn’t even look like same kid. Doesn’t seem confident in pocket. Pressing.
I wouldn't be panicking. Dejone is the best at making adjustments. I believe you guys lost to Penn hills and were 1-3 and we know how that turned out. PR is still my pick to win the wpial.

I wouldn't be panicking. Dejone is the best at making adjustments. I believe you guys lost to Penn hills and were 1-3 and we know how that turned out. PR is still my pick to win the wpial.

That was in response to the comment about Jurkovec! LoL. If P-R still had him, I'm SURE they would be ok. LOL.

PR fans, do you think it would be beneficial if PJ slimmed down? He seemed a lot faster in high school. BTW no blaiming him, PITT line was brutal
he seemed faster because he was faster than most high school kids, his speed is a average at best at the next level

the problem is his arm is weak and he makes really bad decisions, and he really needs to stop saying dumb things on the microphone like he has been since the US army all american game in high school

i have never seen a D1 quarterback struggle just to throw a tight spiral like him, he's a 6th year quarterback on his 3rd team for a reason

Jurkovec and Dinucci might be the worst Pitt quarterbacks i've ever seen, and Phil better pray he can somehow trick an NFL team into drafting him like Dinucci did because the NFL career we all thought he would have now looks like a pipe dream

I doubt Phil gets drafted unless things do the biggest 180 in the history of college QB play.

DiNucci was a RS Freshman or Sophomore when he played. Jurkovec is a 6th year senior. He should know better than to say those things in your hometown, and also play better. There are 3rd year NFL ABs his age.

I doubt Phil gets drafted unless things do the biggest 180 in the history of college QB play.

DiNucci was a RS Freshman or Sophomore when he played. Jurkovec is a 6th year senior. He should know better than to say those things in your hometown, and also play better. There are 3rd year NFL ABs his age.
he was redshirt sophomore but yeah big difference between 6th year senior, he's ancient for college football and already older than Roethlisberger when he won his 1st Super Bowl

i thought he was a bonehead when a reporter asked him which school trashed other schools the most when he was recruited, and he answered Pitt but he was still in high school at the time

these guys are getting paid to play college football now, so maybe you can boo them just the same

Kasper said Phil was the best high school player he ever saw, so at the very least i thought he would turn out better than Dinucci but Dinucci was more of a late bloomer in high school and didn't become star until he was a senior

can he catch the ball? i would think with his athletic ability he could and with his size, speed and athleticism maybe he could move to tight end

he was redshirt sophomore but yeah big difference between 6th year senior, he's ancient for college football and already older than Roethlisberger when he won his 1st Super Bowl

i thought he was a bonehead when a reporter asked him which school trashed other schools the most when he was recruited, and he answered Pitt but he was still in high school at the time

these guys are getting paid to play college football now, so maybe you can boo them just the same

Kasper said Phil was the best high school player he ever saw, so at the very least i thought he would turn out better than Dinucci but Dinucci was more of a late bloomer in high school and didn't become star until he was a senior

can he catch the ball? i would think with his athletic ability he could and with his size, speed and athleticism maybe he could move to tight end
He said he was thinking about switching to wide receiver when he was at Notre dame

getting off-thread again- but Gateway, Birch and Phil have all been overrated- PR might not make the playoffs in 23

transferring and seeking greener pastures is a positive for some kids, negative for others- its been negative for Phil imo

He should have gone to Pitt to begin with, Notre dame to Boston college was not the move
most of the local highly rated prospects treat Pitt like it's a backup plan, i can't blame them for wanting to go to the more glamorous schools but they have to realize these schools recruit kids like them every year so the competition is sky high

but they've been the best player since kindergarten so they probably expect to be the best in college too

what i wonder about is Pitt, why do they keep taking these guys that rejected them?

it's like Pitt is that nice guy in high school that asks the hottest girl to the prom, she says no and picks the cooler guys, those guys use and abuse her, and then when she's 30 and fatter and has a kid out of wedlock that's when she wants the "nice guy" that will take care of her and baby daddy's kid

I think Pitt should tell these guys they had their chance, but many guys are grateful to get the cooler guys leftovers HAHA

most of the local highly rated prospects treat Pitt like it's a backup plan, i can't blame them for wanting to go to the more glamorous schools but they have to realize these schools recruit kids like them every year so the competition is sky high

but they've been the best player since kindergarten so they probably expect to be the best in college too

what i wonder about is Pitt, why do they keep taking these guys that rejected them?

it's like Pitt is that nice guy in high school that asks the hottest girl to the prom, she says no and picks the cooler guys, those guys use and abuse her, and then when she's 30 and fatter and has a kid out of wedlock that's when she wants the "nice guy" that will take care of her and baby daddy's kid

I think Pitt should tell these guys they had their chance, but many guys are grateful to get the cooler guys leftovers HAHA
Pitt stinks, 2021 was a flash in the pan. Maybe they can see if they can de-age tony dorsett

Also what ever happend to Aaron Donald nephew at Pitt?

Pitt stinks, 2021 was a flash in the pan. Maybe they can see if they can de-age tony dorsett

Also what ever happend to Aaron Donald nephew at Pitt?
he's sitting the bench

i still laugh at him being the only kid to sit out his senior season because of fear of covid

Phil has regressed more than any young quarterback i have ever seen

the Duquesne quarterback looked better against WVU last week

Jerkovec will be fine. He had a couple bad games but is in a new school and new system. He will get settled in and turn it around.

I don’t agree with BP a lot, but Phil has looked very bad. I can’t believe he will start this week in spite of what Narduzzi says. He looks like a shell of what I remember him playing like at P-R.

What’s going on with QB situation? I saw Huffman’s highlights on twitter and they aren’t overwhelming. Not sure how far they can go with him. Is the young kid just not ready? I personally think that would be a political mess in addition to whatever on-the-field performance would be.

Also, PH losing to 0-3 Moon this week made we raise an eyebrow at how good PH actually is.

Jerkovec will be fine. He had a couple bad games but is in a new school and new system. He will get settled in and turn it around.
you and Narduzzi might be the only two people in the world that thinks this

new system? uh this is the same system under Frank Cignetti as Boston College where he had some success a few years ago

completing 18 out of 52 passes is more than just needing to get "settled in", he looks shot if he were 36 i would say he hit the wall and needs to retire

even WVU players bashed him in the post game saying he was no good, i don't think i've ever seen guys do that before

Jurkovec might be the worst Pitt qb ever, really a shame. He was really good in 2020 Covid year, then just regressed hard. Anticlimactic ending to an otherwise great career for him

What’s going on with QB situation? I saw Huffman’s highlights on twitter and they aren’t overwhelming. Not sure how far they can go with him. Is the young kid just not ready? I personally think that would be a political mess in addition to whatever on-the-field performance would be.

Also, PH losing to 0-3 Moon this week made we raise an eyebrow at how good PH actually is.
I think it shows that for the first time in a while, 6a is better than 5a across the board. Lebo beat moon, and Lebo is a pretty bad team

That was so funny I forgot to laugh

Here’s a good one:

Everyone is trying to figure out if Jurkovec is still a good quarterback

But the jury is Phil out
what about the Jurk store called, they're all out of grown ass men, but incompletions are their best seller?

you and Narduzzi might be the only two people in the world that thinks this

new system? uh this is the same system under Frank Cignetti as Boston College where he had some success a few years ago

completing 18 out of 52 passes is more than just needing to get "settled in", he looks shot if he were 36 i would say he hit the wall and needs to retire

even WVU players bashed him in the post game saying he was no good, i don't think i've ever seen guys do that before
It's not the same system and it's game two. I'm not panicing.

How is everybody feeling about PCC? Our secondary is weak and Huffman can't hit the broadside of a barn. I don't know how the team will respond after a beat down like what NA did, but it ought to be interesting. Surely we have the advantage on special teams with Argiro, but other than that, I feel like we're way overmatched.

How is everybody feeling about PCC? Our secondary is weak and Huffman can't hit the broadside of a barn. I don't know how the team will respond after a beat down like what NA did, but it ought to be interesting. Surely we have the advantage on special teams with Argiro, but other than that, I feel like we're way overmatched.
wont be close, no advantages in this game- loss maybe 56-10

It's pretty much a shootout. PCC's and P-R's offenses can't be stopped. I think Huffman is hurt. Haven't seen him at all tonight.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT