ADVERTISEMENT

Pine-Richland 2023

well define "powerhouse"

it is defined as "a person or thing of great energy, strength, or power"

2018 semifinal appearance
2019, 2020, and 2023 championship appearance

that fits the definition if you ask me
If they win this championship and keep up the “good work” I’d classify them as a powerhouse

Asking non sarcastically. What’s Peters Twp best win in past 5 years?

people say how bad 6A is- the flip side is places like Peters has benefited- that so bad? They have made 3 finals- would not have made 1, if they were in the old "4A"

I was at the Pine-Richland/Penn Hills game. Yes, PH shut down Pillar, they had enough size on the line and a lot of speed at LB. At halftime PR pretty much scrapped the wildcat but the QB play from Strader and Kannan was horrible the entire game... until the last drive. Strader was absolutely perfect on that one drive, made 3 nice throws and had a number of good runs.

Bottom line though, Penn Hills just threw that game away. Had 2 chances in the 4th to ice it. At midfield they chose for inexplicable reasons to hand the ball to a guy who had all of 2 carries the entire season, and he fumbled the ball away = PR FG. And then on a huge 3-9 with under 2 minutes to go Dugger scrambled for a big gain, he ended up just over a yard short... but ran out of bounds stopping the clock. PR was out of TO's. They scored with 2 seconds left. If he stays in bounds another 30-40 seconds run off, no way PR scores. As a Pitt fan I really wonder about Dugger as a QB. Super athlete.

I kind of like PR in this game Saturday. Peters has had a much easier schedule than Pine. They normally only play 3 down lineman and 3 LB's with 5 DB's. They will need much more up front to stop Pillar. Should be a good one.

Last edited:
people say how bad 6A is- the flip side is places like Peters has benefited- that so bad? They have made 3 finals- would not have made 1, if they were in the old "4A"
what i meant to say- is people say "its bad to have" 6 levels. Peters benefited

I was at the Pine-Richland/Penn Hills game. Yes, PH shut down Pillar, they had enough size on the line and a lot of speed at LB. At halftime PR pretty much scrapped the wildcat but the QB play from Strader and Kannan was horrible the entire game... until the last drive. Strader was absolutely perfect on that one drive, made 3 nice throws and had a number of good runs.

Bottom line though, Penn Hills just threw that game away. Had 2 chances in the 4th to ice it. At midfield they chose for inexplicable reasons to hand the ball to a guy who had all of 2 carries the entire season, and he fumbled the ball away = PR FG. And then on a huge 3-9 with under 2 minutes to go Dugger scrambled for a big gain, he ended up just over a yard short... but ran out of bounds stopping the clock. PR was out of TO's. They scored with 2 seconds left. If he stays in bounds another 30-40 seconds run off, no way PR scores. As a Pitt fan I really wonder about Dugger as a QB. Super athlete.

I kind of like PR in this game Saturday. Peters has had a much easier schedule than Pine. They normally only play 3 down lineman and 3 LB's with 5 DB's. They will need much more up front to stop Pillar. Should be a good one.
Peters is less talented but better coached than PH, will be close, im goin 24-21 PR win

I heard Pine is banged up pretty good on the lines. We shall see …
Both the DE’s are out, but I don’t think it would’ve made a difference in this one. Pr one dimensional offense has finally caught up to them, very lucky to pull it out against PH last week

Reactions: Soup13
I guess LeDonnes “ground and pound, old school football” didn’t work without Coach K’s players.

Interesting off season and 24 season coming up.

I heard Pine is banged up pretty good on the lines
I guess LeDonnes “ground and pound, old school football” didn’t work without Coach K’s players.

Interesting off season and 24 season coming up.
New- Watching the game the better team won easily based on talent. Hurt pine having some injuries though… coach k or no coach k.

Reactions: new2pa
PR had flaws, but flaws are exposed against good teams- Peters is really good, hats off to them, i will surprised if they don't go far in the playoffs

going how many years back?

I still think NA and Central would beat them this year alone, i would say it's another reason to hate 6 classes
I think the clear top 3 in wpial is NA, Peters, and central and in that order. I’d like to see a game between NA and Peters.

I’ll say peters is the best 5A team since 2020 PR. I bet that would be a good game

I think the clear top 3 in wpial is NA, Peters, and central and in that order. I’d like to see a game between NA and Peters.

I’ll say peters is the best 5A team since 2020 PR. I bet that would be a good game
i think the result would be similar to the 2020 final against Peters with PR winning 35 - 0, i think 2020 PR is the best wpial team of the last 5 years

this PR team didn't have a quarterback, Cole Spencer i would say is the 3rd best wpial quarterback of the last 15 year or so, behind Jurkovec and Dinucci

not to mention they had far more playmakers on offense and defense compared to this PR team

Donovan Mcmillon and Corbin Hondru are better players than any guy on this Peters team, though maybe this Peters team is better from top to bottom? we'll never know for sure

they will have to win the state or at least come close for me to put this Peters team above last years, but i think they are better than Penn Trafford from 2021

i think the result would be similar to the 2020 final against Peters with PR winning 35 - 0, i think 2020 PR is the best wpial team of the last 5 years

this PR team didn't have a quarterback, Cole Spencer i would say is the 3rd best wpial quarterback of the last 15 year or so, behind Jurkovec and Dinucci

not to mention they had far more playmakers on offense and defense compared to this PR team

Donovan Mcmillon and Corbin Hondru are better players than any guy on this Peters team, though maybe this Peters team is better from top to bottom? we'll never know for sure

they will have to win the state or at least come close for me to put this Peters team above last years, but i think they are better than Penn Trafford from 2021
I’d for sure say this peters team was better than the 2020 version. This team hasn’t really had a close game all year, while the 2020 team had many close games, including the gateway semis in which gateway lost it more than peters won

We’ll see how this squad does against non wpial teams, but if they win states then I think it’ll be a no brainer that this is the best peters team ever

maybe he is from Peters, i had it in my head he's from Washington because his dad was a star there in the 90's

i wonder if he'll transfer back now that Peters seems to have a bright future
Wonder what he’s thinking now, he could have been a champ with his buddies he grew up with

I’d for sure say this peters team was better than the 2020 version. This team hasn’t really had a close game all year, while the 2020 team had many close games, including the gateway semis in which gateway lost it more than peters won

We’ll see how this squad does against non wpial teams, but if they win states then I think it’ll be a no brainer that this is the best peters team ever
that Gateway team was the defending champs in 2019, not exactly chumps, who did Peters play this year that was as good a player as Derrick Davis? he didn't live up to the hype but nobody they played this year would ever be glanced at by LSU

who are the D1 players they played against this year outside of Ryan Cory who had a dislocated shoulder?

competition matters

you can blow out every team, that doesn't automatically make you better than past teams that didn't win every game in a blowout

Wonder what he’s thinking now, he could have been a champ with his buddies he grew up with
he probably thought a title at Central was far more likely, which I would've thought so too haha

he should transfer back, i'm sure the wpial will rule him ineligible but no big deal when the piaa always overturns it

that Gateway team was the defending champs in 2019, not exactly chumps, who did Peters play this year that was as good a player as Derrick Davis? he didn't live up to the hype but nobody they played this year would ever be glanced at by LSU

who are the D1 players they played against this year outside of Ryan Cory who had a dislocated shoulder?

competition matters

you can blow out every team, that doesn't automatically make you better than past teams that didn't win every game in a blowout
Yeah I don’t think they’ve played a player the caliber of Derrick Davis, although I’m not sure how great gateway was that year. But if they beat Imhotep in the final with what I assume will be multiple Derrick Davis caliber players, they must take the crown from 2020 peters in my eyes

he probably thought a title at Central was far more likely, which I would've thought so too haha

he should transfer back, i'm sure the wpial will rule him ineligible but no big deal when the piaa always overturns it
How about the QB Wehner, he goes 0-3 in wpial championship games as a starter, all the championship games were played at Norwin, and he’s from Norwin…

Yeah I don’t think they’ve played a player the caliber of Derrick Davis, although I’m not sure how great gateway was that year. But if they beat Imhotep in the final with what I assume will be multiple Derrick Davis caliber players, they must take the crown from 2020 peters in my eyes
Imhotep lost the last two years when they should've won with their talent

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT