ADVERTISEMENT

Pine-Richland 2023

I went to the game tonight. BP defense was pitiful, way worse than I expected. Just a clinical demolition by PR, 51-6. PR was so confident they started using second string players on just their second offensive possession, but it didn't matter who was in the game, BP couldn't stop anything. Meanwhile Tanner Pfeuffer is supposed to be a good QB but was terribly inaccurate with his throws.

uh no the "league" needs a "long look in the mirror." 2-3 teams better than Bethel did not even make the playoffs. North Hills gave PR a better fight- need select and "seed" better

Reactions: Stalker
uh no the "league" needs a "long look in the mirror." 2-3 teams better than Bethel did not even make the playoffs. North Hills gave PR a better fight- need select and "seed" better
Bethel needs to get bigger linemen. PR pushed them around like I push around shopping carts

sounds like a crazy win for PR

if you're Penn Hills player, coach, or fan you have to be sick

i'm very curious to see how this game against Peters goes

my pick is PR, but at the same time if Peters wins by 3 touchdowns I won't be surprised

I think this is peters year judging by their record. PR will try to control the clock using their run game, which will make it a lower scoring game IMO. But ultimately I think Peters township is more well rounded. I’ll predict 28-17 peters township. Would like some insight from PR fans about this game

The fact that PR didn't score a TD until 2 seconds left in the game against a PH team that is not as big as them, makes me think Peters will do well.

But, they are Peters. All hype, no championships.

The fact that PR didn't score a TD until 2 seconds left in the game against a PH team that is not as big as them, makes me think Peters will do well.

But, they are Peters. All hype, no championships.
sounds crazy, but my guess is PR might spread-out and air-out on offense

and as new says, the experience will benefit PR- lots of kids and players with lots medals and rings- it's a championship "program and culture"

sounds crazy, but my guess is PR might spread-out and air-out on offense

Who’s gonna throw it and who’s gonna catch it. The senior QB can’t run and can’t really throw. The freshman QB can’t throw either but can run. Their skill guys on the outside aren’t great. Pillar is the guy and the big OL. Win or lose with them.

so the PR guys think PR will lose? interesting

like i said i won't be surprised by any result, but i lean towards PR

i mean if they can beat Central, the team many wanted to put in the WPIAL hall of fame after 3 games, why not Peters?

i think 5A the last 2 years as a whole has been down

Reactions: new2pa
also a shame that these 4 big-school teams (5A and 6A) worked their butts off for @7 months to earn this "championship game" at the crappy field of Norwin HS!!!

2020: Thats another things that the 6 classes does and the SO FEW 6A and 5A teams in D7. They have to enter the PIAA playoffs a week earlier and no way can WPIAL afford the stadium two weekends.

Now, next year, with more in 6A, maybe a chance. (Actually, not sure what deal is with 5A - I guess they don't have enough teams either, because I don't think anybody has a bye) A few years back with 8 teams in 6A, they were at the stadium.

at least KDKA picked up the other 4 games

this is Peters 3rd time in the title game since 2019 and they never got to play at Heinz/Acrisure, sucks for them
yea- but sucks for a bunch of kids at Peters, but also NA, PCC and PR- the "kids" in the last 3 years, none have gotten to play at the "Steelers" stadium!!

I realize that "we in PA" are not California or texas- but what the "leagues" do for kids is really piss-poor- and mickey-mouse- in Western PA- these 5A and 6A kids works like dogs for 7 months, and "rewarded" with the "championship" venues of Norwin High School, then Cumberland Valley High School?? Kinda stupid, pathetic, and non-memorable!! Barely any league-press coverage, no free TV or streaming broadcast?

The P
I realize that "we in PA" are not California or texas- but what the "leagues" do for kids is really piss-poor- and mickey-mouse- in Western PA- these 5A and 6A kids works like dogs for 7 months, and "rewarded" with the "championship" venues of Norwin High School, then Cumberland Valley High School?? Kinda stupid, pathetic, and non-memorable!! Barely any league-press coverage, no free TV or streaming broadcast?
hila area is probably worse

at least KDKA picked up the other 4 games

this is Peters 3rd time in the title game since 2019 and they never got to play at Heinz/Acrisure, sucks for them
Yeah but it’s better than being a perennial doormat. They’ve really turned things around since 2019, even if they haven’t won a wpial title. Yet*

yea- but sucks for a bunch of kids at Peters, but also NA, PCC and PR- the "kids" in the last 3 years, none have gotten to play at the "Steelers" stadium!!
yeah it sucks for all those kids playing the last few years, but the fans of those schools got to see their school at the Steelers stadium many times over the years

the coaches too, but i doubt Art Walker cares that much because he coached there 6 times or something like that

it's crazy to have the 1A and 2A game there but not the two biggest classes

i don't disagree about the venue choice in PA but the fan interest in Texas at least is huge, one title game will get 3 times the attendance what all the PA games will get combined

PCN is free if you have comcast for the state title games, also doesn't everybody have channels like KDKA for the wpial title games?

Yeah but it’s better than being a perennial doormat. They’ve really turned things around since 2019, even if they haven’t won a wpial title. Yet*
yeah but it's crazy for little schools like Union to have one fluke year and get to play at Heinz, while Peters has 3 years and get Norwin

i bet they make it back next year too because most of their stars are all underclassmen

they are a perennial powerhouse all of a sudden, after decades of mostly missing the playoffs

i was talking with a soccer player at Peters in 2017 and i asked how they always have a top soccer and hockey team along with titles in baseball and basketball, but the football team is always bad, he said people in Peters just don't care much about football

the next year they made the semifinals and were ahead of eventual state champ Penn Hills, and they've been a top team ever since

Peters is not a powerhouse. Haven't won a thing... Maybe after this year, but I am down on all the bigger south hills schools. This year may be the difference though.

but TV or streaming, not sure why they cannot figure that out- also could do more "hype"

Peters is not a powerhouse. Haven't won a thing... Maybe after this year, but I am down on all the bigger south hills schools. This year may be the difference though.
well define "powerhouse"

it is defined as "a person or thing of great energy, strength, or power"

2018 semifinal appearance
2019, 2020, and 2023 championship appearance

that fits the definition if you ask me

yeah but it's crazy for little schools like Union to have one fluke year and get to play at Heinz, while Peters has 3 years and get Norwin

i bet they make it back next year too because most of their stars are all underclassmen

they are a perennial powerhouse all of a sudden, after decades of mostly missing the playoffs

i was talking with a soccer player at Peters in 2017 and i asked how they always have a top soccer and hockey team along with titles in baseball and basketball, but the football team is always bad, he said people in Peters just don't care much about football

the next year they made the semifinals and were ahead of eventual state champ Penn Hills, and they've been a top team ever since
Tj Plack must be pretty good

He was the offensive coordinator for ringgold in 2015

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT