ADVERTISEMENT

My takeaway from the 2022 state championships

It's a beautiful stadium and easily accessed, now seating (I believe) just over 9000. And about their logo, why don't you let them know your opinion, suggest they change it to PIAA on upper rocker, Playoffs on the lower. It was "Year-1" and I imagine they'll consider other options through the term of their 5-year contract.

About Hershey Stad, it's probably not many years from being condemned. The grand old place is crumbling in a few spots but still magnificent in some ways.

How do you separate pubs and privates? What does that look like; conf alignments, classifications. Sounds like a tournament that might shake out to Cathedral vs Pitt CC and SJP vs McDevitt every year; LS, Roman, Beca-Allen CC making guest appearances....in the Big School Division.
I been going for bout thirty years; it’s not as big but upgrade. I liked it. Lighting was not an issue how did it look on tv?

Reactions: Stalker
I been going for bout thirty years; it’s not as big but upgrade. I liked it. Lighting was not an issue how did it look on tv?
I like it too. CV is nice but the old stadium has a grandness to it. Impressive walking outside especially as a teenager like an old Roman structure up close.
I never got to play there but know guys that did and none of them bitched about the inadequate, leaking locker rooms. Imagine that!

Reactions: new2pa
The 16-17 Warriors are either the best or 2nd best team of all time depending on who you ask. KD is a top 15 player of all time. Lauded and celebrated just like the 2020 Prep team. Just because you personally hate a team/school of HS kids, doesnt take away from their greatness in the slightest. Horrendous comparison
KD will always be remembered as needing to jump on the best teams bandwagon to get his ring, even if he was the best player on those teams

you can argue that's not fair, but that's how it is

SJP will never be looked at like CB West or any other "dynasty" you can name, they are just a well organized all star team

Hard selecting one and those two are special. I saw the 2011 Wood team (beat McDevitt) that was one of the best teams I've ever seen including some of the great SJP teams. Talk about line play.
that Wood team lost the first game to Central Catholic

even if they would've beaten them in a rematch, if you lose a game to a Pa team you are out of the best ever conversaton

But look at Central Valley that school has had more success than Center and Monaca before the merger. And in another decade the thought of the schools that were around before the merger will be further and further away from memory
the alums have almost zero allegiance to Central Valley

you are essentially saying let the older people that graduated from there die off and we'll pretend they and their school never existed

It absolutely happened in the Woodland Hills School District.
exactly

these guys on this forum can't seem to think beyond high school sports

who cares if the home values plummet as long as the team wins titles right? which Woodland Hills hasn't done since 2009

also newsflash... most people don't care at all about high school sports especially in the "nice" communities so again they do not want a merger with a smaller school especially when the only benefit would be better teams

Ha - public schools in Philly, with their 58% graduation rate, could care less about SJP … you’ve definitely earned the trophy for the most self righteous poster - it’s the Jolie award - LOL
do you ever post actual insight, facts, or even opinions?

all you do is whine about posts you don't like

too much estrogen, which is why you chose a girls name like "roxy"

schools like North Penn and the Central Bucks schools have low graduation rate?

LOL - that’s because we’re a democracy - you may want a refund from your district
Democracy?????? How did democracy come to be???? Oh that’s right MORALITY
Michael J Fox Hello GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

It seems you day dreamed too hard during philosophy class. Go read “Beyond Good and Evil” by Nietzsche and my comment will make sense

the alums have almost zero allegiance to Central Valley

you are essentially saying let the older people that graduated from there die off and we'll pretend they and their school never existed
Look change happens schools combine and Central Valley has been pretty successful. For many of these places to survive in Western PA they are going to need to combine. And yes you create a new allegiance and fan base when you do that.

Haaaa - “Philly public schools” - your words not mine … I’ve never read a comment that is more rhetorical and applies perfectly to the one that wrote it relative to whining and facts - you didn’t say SOL league but now that’s your position - it’s a slippery slope argument and you have contradicted yourself yet again …. Frankly, this was a good board that was informative and inclusive until you and Tigger came along

Reactions: newport
Democracy?????? How did democracy come to be???? Oh that’s right MORALITY
Michael J Fox Hello GIF by Back to the Future Trilogy

It seems you day dreamed too hard during philosophy class. Go read “Beyond Good and Evil” by Nietzsche and my comment will make sense
Nice try … let’s review, you stated that SJP is morally wrong which is incorrect, they abide by the rules of PCL which is part of PIAA … you base your morality comment as the basis for lack of anarchy when actually anarchy is a position with morality (look it up, I could care less about someone’s opinion in a book) …. Democracy is a form of government, separate from morality that governs the majority and for now, that’s what the PIAA is .. you and B’rrrr’ad continue to take things out of context and make stuff up, this board was informative and bearable until you two showed up

Some bucks and Montco schools are arguably better. And it’s not about religion as I’d argue that most of those schools have just as many or more Catholics on their squads.

I’m betting Garnet Valley, heavy Catholic demographics - has just as many if not more catholic on their squad. Id also bet that many of those kids have gpa and SAT at or even higher than private Skool players.

No need to keep beating this horse Most know the deal.

In the end, it doesn’t matter. Kids can make their way and be successful with or without championships And the same goes with schools. It doesn’t matter.

Wow have not seen this kind of action on this board since the early 2000's
Remember when we had guys on here who researched or played the game or for whatever reason had their facts and act together? And if they disagreed, they disagreed. Definitely degraded sammyk. Definitely. Bring back the draft ;)!

Reactions: sammyk
Nice try … let’s review, you stated that SJP is morally wrong which is incorrect, they abide by the rules of PCL which is part of PIAA … you base your morality comment as the basis for lack of anarchy when actually anarchy is a position with morality (look it up, I could care less about someone’s opinion in a book) …. Democracy is a form of government, separate from morality that governs the majority and for now, that’s what the PIAA is .. you and B’rrrr’ad continue to take things out of context and make stuff up, this board was informative and bearable until you two showed up
I find it horrific that little Benny from garnet valley has a semi final matchup with a super team. The past two season’s combined garnet valley lost 98-20 in the semis. PIAA should be put to trial for that

Remember when we had guys on here who researched or played the game or for whatever reason had their facts and act together? And if they disagreed, they disagreed. Definitely degraded sammyk. Definitely. Bring back the draft ;)!
when I first stumbled upon this forum, I was a bit surprised at the demographics

50% PR
45% SJP
5% other

This is bad due to the echo chamber it creates. I definitely put an end to that

I find it horrific that little Benny from garnet valley has a semi final matchup with a super team. The past two season’s combined garnet valley lost 98-20 in the semis. PIAA should be put to trial for that
District 1 is bad. Lehigh Valley has multiple teams that wouldve stomped each of those Garnet Valley teams. Lasalle would slap them around.

You are so right the old days where guys had facts and had an almost professional attitude. The draft was awesome and to be honest I always wanted to see where I landed on the draft. Good times we need a where are they now segment

Reactions: Stalker
Here are some of the names that made this board famous so young guns pay attention and show some respect. I have been on here since 2001 so I have seen legends , men who knew the game old and new.
Blitzkreg
Fletcher 1
Chestmont 2
Speed&jump DR
71 Skins
Lift heavy
CCHS74
Whitecat
PACAmoleskinn
Shfoot
Buc33
Demodick
Wicker
Monarch78
Stalker

Here are some of the names that made this board famous so young guns pay attention and show some respect
Blitzkreg
Fletcher 1
Chestmont 2
Speed&jump DR
71 Skins
Lift heavy
CCHS74
Whitecat
PACAmoleskinn
Shfoot
Buc33
Demodick
Wicker
Monarch78
Stalker
Lmao show respect? Where are those names now? Clearly they didn’t like the direction this site was going in.

Lmao show respect? Where are those names now? Clearly they didn’t like the direction this site was going in.
The input they had was unreal again I have been here since 2001 and the debates we had were epic. You are talking about debates about the great CB west teams, Neshaminy Pitt CC Parkland Woodland Hills, North Penn, Ridley, Strath Haven, West Allegheny ect

North Penn and Central Bucks are not in Philadelphia. They are not part of the PPL. And Philly public schools aint that great!! Get it right and know your facts Brad!!

North Penn and Central Bucks are not in Philadelphia. They are not part of the PPL. And Philly public schools aint that great!! Get it right and know your facts Brad!!
Until recently, posters on this board didn't pronounce about parts of the state they had little or no connection to. Rover obviously knows a lot about football in the Lehigh Valley; Stalker knows a great deal about D3, and there have been lots of posters from D1 and D7 who have been knowledgeable about those areas. That doesn't mean they've been expected to stay silent on football issues and teams in other parts of the state, but they didn't presume or pretend they had the last word on what was outside their main area of familiarity.

What's changed is that some new posters, apparently all from the west, have been making sweeping statements about what they obviously don't know a lot about. It's OK to complain about the mixing of boundary and non-boundary schools in the playoffs and to suggest alternatives. How the PCL and SJP in particular operate shouldn't be beyond criticism, but an awful lot of the complaints, criticisms, and judgments on here lately have not been grounded in much knowledge of the history, geography, football culture, and educational landscape of SE PA.

Here are some of the names that made this board famous so young guns pay attention and show some respect. I have been on here since 2001 so I have seen legends , men who knew the game old and new.
Blitzkreg
Fletcher 1
Chestmont 2
Speed&jump DR
71 Skins
Lift heavy
CCHS74
Whitecat
PACAmoleskinn
Shfoot
Buc33
Demodick
Wicker
Monarch78
Stalker
And Airborne Slam! - giving insight into the mythological “ravioli diet” for SJP linemen in 2008!

Reactions: sammyk and Stalker
"2020 St. Joes is the best team ever in PIAA. Everyone knows this. HOWEVER, they are constructed in a way that is morally wrong."

The last sentence is perhaps the dumbest thing I've ever heard on this board.
"2020 St. Joes is the best team ever in PIAA. Everyone knows this. HOWEVER, they are constructed in a way that is morally wrong."

The last sentence is perhaps the dumbest thing I've ever heard on this board.
Please elaborate

Please elaborate
I think the onus is on you to explain how from a distance of 300 miles you can declare that a team is constructed (?) in a way that is "morally wrong." Until very recently no one on this board made moral judgments of teams, schools, leagues, etc. You can say something is unfair without dragging morality into the matter.

yes

why is that surprising? i'm under the impression they are very hated among Philly public schools
You got that wrong buddy. The only hate is from out west. Sjp wasn’t always the big dog here and we don’t hate that right now it’s there turn. They’ve always had the same rules and structure even prior to PIAA. We want to beat the big dog but there’s no hate here for them. You won’t here anyone complain about how they do things in Philly. Do they have a target, yes but hate not one bit.

The rosters of the District 1 boundary schools are definitely impacted by the number of non-boundary schools in SE PA.

I think the onus is on you to explain how from a distance of 300 miles you can declare that a team is constructed (?) in a way that is "morally wrong." Until very recently no one on this board made moral judgments of teams, schools, leagues, etc. You can say something is unfair without dragging morality into the matter.
NA has been constructing their teams the past decade in a way that’s “morally wrong”. Still has yet to elaborate on how NA has had four kids at their school from the west coast the past year, kids who posted up with Joey porter sr on social media before they transferred.

The rosters of the District 1 boundary schools are definitely impacted by the number of non-boundary schools in SE PA.
That goes both ways. SE PA families can send their children wherever they like. No one is forcing families to non boundary schools. Outside of imhotep, they all have tuition. Imagine if they didn’t have tuition?

Reactions: paul from philly
That goes both ways. SE PA families can send their children wherever they like. No one is forcing families to non boundary schools. Outside of imhotep, they all have tuition. Imagine if they didn’t have tuition?
That's far from true; it does not go both ways. Boundary schools build their rosters with geographic constraints. Non-boundary schools build their rosters within geographic constraints.

Boundary school kids can play at any non-boundary school (I'm sure there are some exceptions, but the basic premise is true.).
Non-boundary school kids can only return to the boundary school they're connected to geographically.

Reactions: Hausmann1978
That's far from true; it does not go both ways. Boundary schools build their rosters with geographic constraints. Non-boundary schools build their rosters within geographic constraints.

Boundary school kids can play at any non-boundary school (I'm sure there are some exceptions, but the basic premise is true.).
Non-boundary school kids can only return to the boundary school they're connected to geographically.
You can’t believe this. There’s exceptions every year. Boundary schools beat those “geographical constraints” every year. I’m only speaking for District 12 but boundary schools have entrance exams and kids outside of athletes attend these schools if they meet the academic requirements. Some schools don’t have football and those kids have a choice where they’ll play. So I can go to Parkway Northwest with great academics and play at a school of my choice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT