ADVERTISEMENT

My takeaway from the 2022 state championships

Trust me I get what you’re saying. Cumberland valley from what I see online has a cool stadium. But for lack of a better term, it’s just so lame. I’d be saying the same thing if it were at NA. Every state that’s the same size as PA has it at a historic stadium. Hershey was a pretty iconic place, but as I said before it smelled like cow manure.

What about a place like Bucknell? Not huge and it’s pretty central of the state. Good parking too from what I remember.
Bucknell is fine. The problem is price not place. They're many sites in Central PA or other where they could play but they don't. Speaking of Bucknell, CV beat State College's bid. And during the season I believe it was found to be unaffordable in D1 during a rainy weekend to schedule games at Nova (turf) rather than tearing up a field.
CV outbid everyone for the 5-year contract including Hershey Park Stadium and that was the PIAA's call. So what are you going to do?

My nephew played at a large school Florida power, Lakeland High, and despite winning 8 state titles or St. Thomas Aquinas, Bolles, Central, Cocoa, Trinity, Gibbons etc, etc fielding monsters annually, they still....for the most part....play before small crowds.
You'd think Lakeland and Venice would pack em in, but had maybe 1500 from the looks of it. Point being, what is the point playing at a more expensive venue before small crowds that are there to see their team, not the venue.

Reactions: Aragorn
The team I rooted for lost to them in 2015, beat them in 2017 and lost to them in 2018. Lebo beat them in 2020. People spend way too much time on how unfair things are rather than trying to get better. Complain complain complain instead of work work work.

I don’t give a sh$tabout anything but P-R through 2020. I saw what can happen. If Coatesville or North Penn or Parkland or whoever loses, why should I care?

Here’s a trophy. 🏆Hand it out to somebody crying about not being good enough.
your post would be more valid if your team didn't drop down to avoid SJP

that 2017 title would seem like ancient history if they mercy ruled your 2020 and 2022 state title teams, which they would've if they didn't drop down

and you would have zero titles if that 2017 senior class was a year younger, i say Deandre Swift would've ran all over them just like he did to Central

if not for luck and dropping down, PR fans would have the biggest ax to grind on the forum haha

lol that’s pretty rich, I think NA’s football team and basketball team have benefited much more from those schools being In proximity to them as well as Vincentian closing than the other way around. No relevant football players from NA are at north.

PR didn’t move down. They are playing at their enrollment.
where is North Catholic getting most of their players since they built their new campus?

they could've chosen to play up since they think of themselves at the very least as the 2nd best team in the state

Central Catholic is playing up

There’s two clowns on this board now, that believe if they sat it, it’s true … it’s obvious who they are
haha what i say must be true since you fail to dispute it

what do i say that is untrue? you don't think SJP has any unfair advantages at all? you sure i'm the clown????? poor SJP has to drive 45 minutes that's some major adversity right?

i'll just have to keep being mean to poor little private schools like SJP until then, don't worry the PR fans that like to bully the little schools have your back

if you can't beat them, join them right PR fans? or in your case avoid them

haha what i say must be true since you fail to dispute it

what do i say that is untrue? you don't think SJP has any unfair advantages at all? you sure i'm the clown????? poor SJP has to drive 45 minutes that's some major adversity right?

i'll just have to keep being mean to poor little private schools like SJP until then, don't worry the PR fans that like to bully the little schools have your back

if you can't beat them, join them right PR fans? or in your case avoid them
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Bucknell is fine. The problem is price not place. They're many sites in Central PA or other where they could play but they don't. Speaking of Bucknell, CV beat State College's bid. And during the season I believe it was found to be unaffordable in D1 during a rainy weekend to schedule games at Nova (turf) rather than tearing up a field.
CV outbid everyone for the 5-year contract including Hershey Park Stadium and that was the PIAA's call. So what are you going to do?

My nephew played at a large school Florida power, Lakeland High, and despite winning 8 state titles or St. Thomas Aquinas, Bolles, Central, Cocoa, Trinity, Gibbons etc, etc fielding monsters annually, they still....for the most part....play before small crowds.
You'd think Lakeland and Venice would pack em in, but had maybe 1500 from the looks of it. Point being, what is the point playing at a more expensive venue before small crowds that are there to see their team, not the venue.
I get the money thing. Cumberland Valley got it fair and square. I just hope in 5 years bucknell or some college bids for it. Cumberland valley just doesn’t do it for me entertainment wise

your post would be more valid if your team didn't drop down to avoid SJP

that 2017 title would seem like ancient history if they mercy ruled your 2020 and 2022 state title teams, which they would've if they didn't drop down

and you would have zero titles if that 2017 senior class was a year younger, i say Deandre Swift would've ran all over them just like he did to Central

if not for luck and dropping down, PR fans would have the biggest ax to grind on the forum haha
BP. The PIAA does NOT allow a team to 'drop down' as you mentioned above (drop down to avoid SJP). You can move up........not down.

Having said that, a small school (or 2) have been accused of moving up to avoid a power-house; eg Southern Columbia.

That's not a bad idea (Christy Mathewson-Memorial Stadium),

Check it:

The video on that page certainly gives it a nice look (seats 13K -- perfect).

And it is more or less in the middle of the state (north of Harrisburg so you can take the turnpike -- or Route 80 -- and make a right or left depending on where you're coming from).

I like it!
I suggested Bucknell a long time ago. But the reality is that CV has the contract for at least two more years.

I've seen video of Jersey championships being played at the Meadowlands. Hard to tell how large the crowds were, but they looked very small in that stadium. Same would be true of the two NFL sites in PA and even more if the games were at Beaver Stadium.

BP. The PIAA does NOT allow a team to 'drop down' as you mentioned above (drop down to avoid SJP). You can move up........not down.

Having said that, a small school (or 2) have been accused of moving up to avoid a power-house; eg Southern Columbia.
i know that, i should say they could've chosen to play up and why not with all the titles they won in 6A? and it's not like they had a big drop off in talent after 2019

they were scared of SJP and i really don't blame them, just pointing out PR fans wouldn't be in cahoots with SJP fans here if they had to play them

who moved up to avoid southern columbia?

i know that, i should say they could've chosen to play up and why not with all the titles they won in 6A? and it's not like they had a big drop off in talent after 2019

they were scared of SJP and i really don't blame them, just pointing out PR fans wouldn't be in cahoots with SJP fans here if they had to play them

If you're scared, get a dog!!! Sheez!!

P

BradlyPitt and Northalleghenytiger, ‘buzz’ off. You guys have been simply ignorant since you joined.

BradlyPitt- what school did you go to? NAtiger makes his alma abundantly clear…. Did PR or a private school blow you out???? Is that why you are mad all of the time??

P

BradlyPitt and Northalleghenytiger, ‘buzz’ off. You guys have been simply ignorant since you joined.

BradlyPitt- what school did you go to? NAtiger makes his alma abundantly clear…. Did PR or a private school blow you out???? Is that why you are mad all of the time??
LMFAO, another private school account. Are you mad NA beat central in the final? Schools that recruit their team should be in a separate league, simple

P

is this a Pa high school football forum or the Pine Richland and private school jerkoff forum?

i went to public school, is that ok with you Teabaghighschoolofpittsburgh? every public school person agrees with me private schools have a huge advantage, you would agree too if you had an ounce of character and integrity

is this a Pa high school football forum or the Pine Richland and private school jerkoff forum?

i went to public school, is that ok with you Teabaghighschoolofpittsburgh? every public school person agrees with me private schools have a huge advantage, you would agree too if you had an ounce of character and integrity
No it is not ok with me. You bring up a scandal at my highschool. Yet your too much of a coward to reveal yours

I think most everyone agrees there are advantages. So instead of calling people names and throwing a hissy fit............................TAKE IT TO THE PIAA! Can you understand that with your public school education!!

Signed.....Teabaghighschoolofphiladelphia (beat you to it)

Reactions: roxychknpoxy
No it is not ok with me. You bring up a scandal at my highschool. Yet your too much of a coward to reveal yours
I went to Ringgold

yeah they stink, though that has nothing to do with me

speaking of the teabagging incident, was Andrew Johnson the perpetrator? it was strange how he left for North Hills immidiately when it all came out

I think most everyone agrees there are advantages. So instead of calling people names and throwing a hissy fit............................TAKE IT TO THE PIAA! Can you understand that with your public school education!!

Signed.....Teabaghighschoolofphiladelphia (beat you to it)
are you sure i'm having the hissy fit, or do you just not like me discussing the advantages?

it has been taken to the PIAA, they clearly don't care, Lombardi doesn't care and seems annoyed any time the question is brought up

they overturn any ruling on a player the WPIAL deems ineligible, so i repeat the PIAA doesn't care

did SJP have a teabagging scandal too?

I went to Ringgold

yeah they stink, though that has nothing to do with me

speaking of the teabagging incident, was Andrew Johnson the perpetrator? it was strange how he left for North Hills immidiately when it all came out
Have some pride in your school. One of the best quarterbacks of all time hails from there

are you sure i'm having the hissy fit, or do you just not like me discussing the advantages?

it has been taken to the PIAA, they clearly don't care, Lombardi doesn't care and seems annoyed any time the question is brought up

they overturn any ruling on a player the WPIAL deems ineligible, so i repeat the PIAA doesn't care

did SJP have a teabagging scandal too?
Well considering I agreed about the advantages in my post I'm pretty sure it's a hissy fit. So here we are. You say the PIAA and Lombardi don't want to do anything and yet you still hate on the PCL? Doesn't make much sense, almost like .....wait for it......a hissy fit!!

Last edited:
Reactions: roxychknpoxy
Well considering I agreed about the advantages in my post I'm pretty sure it's a hissy fit. So here we are. You say the PIAA and Lombardi don't want to do anything and yet you still hate on the PCL? Doesn't make much sense, almost like .....wait for it......a hissy fit!!
so you're saying i should just accept it because the PIAA accepts it? i can't have my own views and the PIAA is some grand master that know everything?

sounds kinda beta to me, and betas throw hissy fits right paula from philly?

i have confidence you can do the job better than those clowns
Tiger- seriously, its cool you are trying to help out, will be interesting to see how it goes for you- really seems like some of these issues are complicated, but IMO, some of these issues seem more fixable, like trying to minimize so many "bye weeks" for playoffs, and also the PIAA sure could do a better job of hyping up playoffs- assuming the championship will stay in the "nice but boring" Cumberland Valley

so you're saying i should just accept it because the PIAA accepts it? i can't have my own views and the PIAA is some grand master that know everything?

sounds kinda beta to me, and betas throw hissy fits right paula from philly?
".......... and the PIAA is some grand master that know everything?" Well they are in charge!

I didn't say anything. You can complain all you want. But as long as Lombardi and the PIAA don't do anything, you're in for a very unfullfilled life!

Last edited:
-Roxychknpoxy
It’s not funny. Assuming I get on the PIAA “team”, and you keep disrespecting me, I will view you opinion as lesser than others on here.

That is an unsettling comment if true
yea, probably accurate- and that means they don't care much about fairness, equity, community pride, sportsmanship, good experiences for kids/players...

as "administrators" their top priorities are likely.... money, politics and status quo!!

yea, probably accurate- and that means they don't care much about fairness, equity, community pride, sportsmanship, good experiences for kids/players...

as "administrators" their top priorities are likely.... money, politics and status quo!!
The majority of them are usually ex-coaches and/or ex-athletes.

Reactions: Stalker
-Roxychknpoxy
It’s not funny. Assuming I get on the PIAA “team”, and you keep disrespecting me, I will view you opinion as lesser than others on here.
Honestly, at first, I thought you were comical with some of your comments, but I was mistaken, you’re not well. You are delusional. You think that commentary from a board of anonymous people with hear say and opinion is a valid marker for determining policy and direction. Ironically, you would make a fine modern day politician. Hello, Good Night.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT