ADVERTISEMENT

5A playoff predictions

I think unionville is gonna pose problems for teams. Especially Springfield in the opening round. Radnor is rolling and will be a tough out but I think Rustin is battle tested and ready to make a run. My pick is Rustin.

delco- you left out the #1 seed Penn Wood. There's a reason why they're undefeated.

It seems like people are underestimating the job Stover has done at Upper Dublin. They're quietly the #2 seed at 8-1 with only a loss to Penn Charter. I will say this-their schedule is pretty weak with the best win being over Quakertown but they seem to be in the mix every year.

Penn Wood plays no one and when they did, they got hammered by Rustin 43-28. They're much different at home though so being #1 means that teams have to beat them on their field.

Rustin is flying under the radar with their only losses being a strange loss to WC East and Coatesville. They have 2-3 running backs that have great speed and they have 2 shutouts this year including Unionville.

Academy Park and Radnor are two teams that could get on a roll & I love Radnor's offense this year. Vosheski will have AP ready to play & they'll be a tough out with their athleticism on the perimeter. Both teams are battle tested and won't fear anyone in the 5A bracket.

That being said, I like Upper Dublin and Rustin to play for the District title. I think Rustin's speed is tough to game plan for and their D has been shutting teams down (except for Coatesville). If conditions are fair, I'll take Rustin beating UD on the road.

Not a Fan-Penn Wood actually plays a pretty decent schedule and has more speed & skill than any team in 5A. They went 3-0 against 6 A teams, including a win over Pennsbury. They went 3-1 against 5A playoff teams, and 1-0 against 4A playoff teams. Its also a team that played at the 6A level, coming down to 5A. Not saying they will win it all, but they are well deserving of a very high seed.

It seems like people are underestimating the job Stover has done at Upper Dublin. They're quietly the #2 seed at 8-1 with only a loss to Penn Charter. I will say this-their schedule is pretty weak with the best win being over Quakertown but they seem to be in the mix every year.

Penn Wood plays no one and when they did, they got hammered by Rustin 43-28. They're much different at home though so being #1 means that teams have to beat them on their field.

Rustin is flying under the radar with their only losses being a strange loss to WC East and Coatesville. They have 2-3 running backs that have great speed and they have 2 shutouts this year including Unionville.

Academy Park and Radnor are two teams that could get on a roll & I love Radnor's offense this year. Vosheski will have AP ready to play & they'll be a tough out with their athleticism on the perimeter. Both teams are battle tested and won't fear anyone in the 5A bracket.

That being said, I like Upper Dublin and Rustin to play for the District title. I think Rustin's speed is tough to game plan for and their D has been shutting teams down (except for Coatesville). If conditions are fair, I'll take Rustin beating UD on the road.
Wow not_a_fan, I think those that played Pennsbury and Souderton would disagree with you that PWood played nobody. They and AP play in a weak league but do step out and play people recently; AP playing PSb, Uville and Martinsburg. Not bad!

By nobody, I meant their league is very weak outside of them and AP. Pennsbury is okay this year but they haven't beaten anyone impressive either (CRS, Bensalem, CRN, CB East, & Abington), Souderton is below average, and then they lost to Rustin & beat AP.

They didn't have more speed and skill than Rustin-they dropped 43 on them and shut down their main guy, Poles.

IDK, I guess I need to see a run in the playoffs before I buy into PW being a 5A power all of a sudden. I'm sticking with my pick of Rustin taking the District title against Upper Dublin.

By nobody, I meant their league is very weak outside of them and AP. Pennsbury is okay this year but they haven't beaten anyone impressive either (CRS, Bensalem, CRN, CB East, & Abington), Souderton is below average, and then they lost to Rustin & beat AP.

They didn't have more speed and skill than Rustin-they dropped 43 on them and shut down their main guy, Poles.

IDK, I guess I need to see a run in the playoffs before I buy into PW being a 5A power all of a sudden. I'm sticking with my pick of Rustin taking the District title against Upper Dublin.

I look at a team and see the team and the program, lumping them into one meaning while a team might be struggling (eg Ridley, Cumberland Valley), they are still a strong program per history of winning, tradition, etc that allow them to do as they did last week upsetting Haverford and coming close vs State College. I realize everyone doesn't view it that way. But if you do, you see the potential of last week's Ridley win and CV's close call loss.

No argument here Stalk, you're one of the most respected guys on the board so I defer to you. Looking forward to the playoffs. I know some teams will emerge out of nowhere, can't wait to find out who!

No argument here Stalk, you're one of the most respected guys on the board so I defer to you. Looking forward to the playoffs. I know some teams will emerge out of nowhere, can't wait to find out who!
Going macro instead of just micro is all not_a_fan, trying for the bigger picture. Except for 2A and maybe another class it looks real competitive but you never know. Gov. Mifflin shocked the world last year beating Hburg so who knows!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT