ADVERTISEMENT

WPIAL Playoff Discussion

Vikingofpittsburgh

Sep 18, 2022
I’ll give some predictions of the WPIAL champions.

6A- Central Catholic, 50% chance at winning states.
5A- Pine-Richland, 20% chance at winning states.
4A- Central Valley, 10% chance at winning states.
3A- Belle Vernon, 90% chance at winning states.
2A- Steel Valley, 2% chance of winning states.
1A- Union, 20% chance of winning states.

post #1- i like- 1-Fort Cherry, 2- SV, 3-BV, too early to predict states, other than BV

4-Quips, 5- mmm- PR, but not sure, 6- PCC- states- not sure any of these will win

6A Central Catholic, 0% chance at winning states
5A Pine Richland, 50% chance at winning states
4A Mckeesport, 0% chance at winning states
3A Belle Vernon 70% chance at winning states
2A Steel Valley 0% chance at winning states
1A South Side Beaver 10% chance at winning states

6A- North Allegheny. I’ve researched every game and I’m predicting a 35-28 victory over PCC. I’ll give a 30% chance of winning states if SJP has a bad game

5A- Peters township. Honestly they kind of had a cupcake schedule. But their dominance can’t be ignored. I’ll predict peters over pine Richland 28-14. I’ll give ‘em a 50/50 shot at beating Imhotep

4A- Aliquippa. Be stupid to bet against them. Although they are not as good as the last 2years teams, I’ll predict them beating McKeesport 21-14. They’ll lose to bishop Mcdevitt in the final

3A- Belle Vernon. Maybe the most predictable class. 42-14 over avonworth. They’ll win states as-well

2A- Steel Valley. They’ll beat Washington 35-21. Will lose to southern Columbia badly

1A- Union. I’ll take Union to repeat over fort cherry. They’ll lose to Steelton highspire

Finally, North Allegheny vs Central Catholic next week for all the marbles. This matchup has been set since at-least last year. Sad state of affairs 6 classes has done to the PIAA, but that’s neither here nor there

NA has been on a tear since losing to PCC, mercy ruling every opponent since. PCC has the one loss to PR

Prediction: 35-28 North Allegheny victory

I’m predicting a 42-14 Central win tomorrow. We didn’t play all that well last time and we won by 28.

Pine Richland will beat Peters. They won’t be able to stop pines run game.

LETS GOOOOOOO!!!!!! MY TIGERS JUST BEAT THE MOST OVERRATED TEAM IN WPIAL HISTORY!!!!!!

First things first, The run game was absolutely phenomenal. Everyone knew PCCs run defense was trash, and I’m glad Art Walker and Company took full advantage. So much noise on twitter, Facebook, and even on this site about how great PCC was. The players never fell for the hype, and that is why they won today, and are wpial champs

Second, the refs were trying their best to give the game to central. Thankfully it didn’t work

I remember telling everyone the night NA lost to PCC in the regular season, that we’d win the rematch. Some people believed me, while others didn’t. I knew what I was talking about

Next up Erie McDowell

Reactions: lilromeo
Very entertaining game. Very disappointed by the result.

Really wondering after this season if the new Central coaching staff should be mainstays here. Lehmeir could be the inverse Totten. With Totten, you had an elite defense and a below average offense. With Lehmeir, you get an elite offense and a below average defense.

LETS GOOOOOOO!!!!!! MY TIGERS JUST BEAT THE MOST OVERRATED TEAM IN WPIAL HISTORY!!!!!!

First things first, The run game was absolutely phenomenal. Everyone knew PCCs run defense was trash, and I’m glad Art Walker and Company took full advantage. So much noise on twitter, Facebook, and even on this site about how great PCC was. The players never fell for the hype, and that is why they won today, and are wpial champs

Second, the refs were trying their best to give the game to central. Thankfully it didn’t work

I remember telling everyone the night NA lost to PCC in the regular season, that we’d win the rematch. Some people believed me, while others didn’t. I knew what I was talking about

Next up Erie McDowell
you also picked Peters

you deserve more respect around here, congrats

amazing job by NA players and coaches to come back after that blow out loss in the regular season

i think CC proved it takes more than just a bunch of alleged D1 players to win, and they definitely have a case for most overrated team in WPIAL history, it's close between them and 2008 Gateway

Last edited:
Reactions: lilromeo and new2pa
you also picked Peters

amazing job by NA players and coaches to come back after that blow out loss in the regular season

i think CC proved it takes more than just a bunch of alleged D1 players to win, and they definitely have a case for most overrated team in WPIAL history, it's close between them and 2008 Gateway
Not overated at all. Blew out NA in the regular season and blew out every one they played and lost to NA in the championship by 3. NA has a nice team too. I think it'll be them and Manhiem township in the western finals but don't sleep on McDowell. They have a good line and one of the best players in the state in cooper cousins. I'll be pulling for whoever comes out of the west but I don't think anyone has a chance against that traveling all star team out east.

you also picked Peters

I just don’t understand how PCC has all these d1 players, close to 15 by my count, get dominated in the line of scrimmage that badly. These recruiters needs to stop offering based on hype

Crazy stat: NA outrushed PCC 358-47, according to the trib

NA, congrats. Well deserved.

Its a joke that those were the stats on both sides of the ball. That's 2 years in a row that staff has underpreformed by a mile with the best team their schools have had in years - SV and now PCC. Defense stunk and how can a senior QB make those mistakes. It looked like he wasn't even coached at times running around back there with ball out.

I've been on the Lehmeier and crew hype train for 2 years now - got snookered twice. Won't make that mistake again.

I just don’t understand how PCC has all these d1 players, close to 15 by my count, get dominated in the line of scrimmage that badly. These recruiters needs to stop offering based on hype

Thats more D-1 players than the Prep lol

Its a joke that those were the stats on both sides of the ball. That's 2 years in a row that staff has underpreformed by a mile with the best team their schools have had in years - SV and now PCC. Defense stunk and how can a senior QB make those mistakes. It looked like he wasn't even coached at times running around back there with ball out.

I've been on the Lehmeier and crew hype train for 2 years now - got snookered twice. Won't make that mistake again.
The question must be asked. Who was more overrated relative to their expectations- 2022 Seneca or 2023 PCC?

Thats more D-1 players than the Prep lol
They give offers to hype rather than production over here. The best player on the field last night Kushner (NA QB) wouldn’t have been a top 20 sought after player according to some goofball recruiters

I know some on here don't think so but, coaching counts. Just have having D1 players doesn't mean anything if you can't coach them. Great Win for NA.

Not overated at all. Blew out NA in the regular season and blew out every one they played and lost to NA in the championship by 3. NA has a nice team too. I think it'll be them and Manhiem township in the western finals but don't sleep on McDowell. They have a good line and one of the best players in the state in cooper cousins. I'll be pulling for whoever comes out of the west but I don't think anyone has a chance against that traveling all star team out east.
when many people had them beating SJP or even called them "the best wpial team ever" after a few games, yeah that's overrated when you lose to another team that didn't win a title and you don't win a title yourself

if that's not overrated i don't know what is

if you are at least 6'2 and have some athletic ability, you will get looked at

Anthony Speca has been recruited since he was a freshman, i swear he's no better today than he was then

Seneca Valley was overrated because they had a few college prospects, they had plenty of better teams

PR has been very good no matter who their coach is, all of those coaches got a boost in reputation by coaching there

I also blame Mike White, Lehmeier is a North Hills guy just like him and Mike took care of his hometown guy giving him a lot more praise and publicity that I've never seen any other high school coordinator get

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT