ADVERTISEMENT

New PIAA Classifications

EDIT: SoCo stays in 2A

Archbishop Wood to 3A, Southern Columbia to 1A, Plymouth Whitemarsh to 6A - all pending success formulas or voluntary move-up.

Last edited:
Some of these big high schools continue to grow... North Penn over 1700 boys, Neshaminy back up over 1300, Pennridge a huge jump to over 1000. Easton and Parkland at almost 1400 each.

Reactions: HSFB99
I recall reading an article stating the PIAA was counting enrollment differently. Maybe it was vo-tech students? I cannot recall but would that explain those jumps?

I recall reading an article stating the PIAA was counting enrollment differently. Maybe it was vo-tech students? I cannot recall but would that explain those jumps?
They did, but they only list “regular” and “co-op” enrollment so it’s hard to tell. But yes, it could make a big difference.

Some of these big high schools continue to grow... North Penn over 1700 boys, Neshaminy back up over 1300, Pennridge a huge jump to over 1000. Easton and Parkland at almost 1400 each.
I think the demographic dip is bouncing back up in a lot of northeast population centers. I know Easton, after cresting at over 800 kids in the class of 2008, had seen a steady drop in school-aged population through the 2010s that is picking back up. They’re back to talking about building a new high school facility to accommodate the population growth - which is exactly where they were in like 2005, which of course then would have sat unused in the 2010s. It all ebbs and flows.

Reactions: bucksftball
I hope you guys are right and the 'Skins will have more boys to pull from.

And after the new turf and stadium -- and the plans for the Fieldhouse at the top of the little hill everyone runs down -- we're all looking for a turn from the doldrums they've been in of late.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT