ADVERTISEMENT

PIne-Richland 2022

Makes sense. Who wants to be in Central Valley's, Wyomissing's, etc, neighborhood at 3A?

It's been a little bit since anybody has posted on this board, so I thought I'd try to revive it. New2pa, is there anything interesting going on regarding any of P-R's opponents for 2022? I ask this because I was looking through Twitter and Seneca Valley is looking like they'll be a problem. Quite a few of their kids are going to third-party facilities to work out and with Lehmeier and Sasson returning, their offense will be potent. Their skill kids are big and Hancox looked pretty good last season before he got hurt.

What I'm asking is, what is Penn Hills up to with their new coach? Is PCC up to anything? NA?

In addition, what's the early scouting report on Pickerington North?
Bummer, I think SV along with PCC will be teams to beat. You are correct that SV has a great senior class with very good looking kids. IMO, they need to find 2 things on offense - a smaller, quicker playmaker type kid and they need to shore up their OL. I believe they return 3 kids - a G and a T and one other kid. On D, they have also added Jack Neff, PR’s LB coach. He will help solidify an already solid D. But similar idea on D - they need some playmaker type kids. The bottom line is this from everything I hear - this class is supposed to be very very good and SV next chance to win it all. Same situation as 2016 and 2018 but they couldn’t finish at stadium. Clearly better coaching now so it looks good for them IMO.

I haven’t heard much at PCC or PH.

Regarding P-R, I don’t believe LeDonne hired anyone associated with former varsity program - coach or player. Mostly looks like PH holdovers and people I don’t know. I’m sure defense will be solid but O won’t be as dynamic from what I recall from PH.

Pick North is the little brother or powerhouse Pick central. But they are much improved. Beat Central last year during the season and return all offensive playmakers. Defense looks to be a bit of a rebuild but I imagine they will be solid. (Note - I’ve not watched them - just looked at MaxPreps last night. LoL)

it is a big deal, especially when Kasper was fired for allegedly not properly disciplining his players, now your putting a guy in charge that somehow let his players damage the field before a championship game with their fireworks or smoke

and the celebration after the hit in the state title game was ridiculous, he did a back flip on the field several seconds after it was obvious the Manheim Central kid was hurt bad, i would go as far to call it evil no coincidence Penn Hills is in the news all the time for the wrong reasons

the hit is at about 2:57:48 he does the flip about 23 seconds later, oh and the team comes on to the field to celebrate while the kid is still out cold on the field

and this is the coach they think should replace Kasper for alleged hazing???
I watched the game live. It's a legal hit. Just because it's a hard it doesn't mean he should get disciplined. No flags on that hit. Kids celebrate on big hits.

I am not sure we can compare the two. Kasper was let go for an ongoing issue he apparently never addressed. PH addressed the smoke bomb issue and I am not sure you can hold a coach accountable for a player doing a back flip, except distributing after the game consequences, which John may have done. The PR administration wanted Kasper out, not the case at Penn Hills.

There must have been some very troubling things we never heard with this PR situation. People thought that four new school boards members would "flip" the board and re-hire Eric, and get the Super terminated - none of that happened - That never even came close to happening. As soon as the new board members were sworn in, an executive session took place and all the information was presented to them - they must have been privy to some very disturbing facts - they never got Eric's back - they did not even offer an interview. .....Even after dropping his lawsuit. The hung him out to dry and forgot about him.

I think it is also important to note that LeDonne did not live in the Penn Hill's area, he was no threat to anyone there, let alone the administration at Penn Hills Whereas, at PR, Kasper was more respected and that became a problem.

I would be more worried about LeDonnes coaching record at Shaler. I think his best season he may have only won 2 games.

Last edited:
I watched the game live. It's a legal hit. Just because it's a hard it doesn't mean he should get disciplined. No flags on that hit. Kids celebrate on big hits.
never said it wasn't a legal hit, the celebration was garbage among other things under Ledonne's watch

I am not sure we can compare the two. Kasper was let go for an ongoing issue he apparently never addressed. PH addressed the smoke bomb issue and I am not sure you can hold a coach accountable for a player doing a back flip, except distributing after the game consequences, which John may have done. The PR administration wanted Kasper out, not the case at Penn Hills.

There must have been some very troubling things we never heard with this PR situation. People thought that four new school boards members would "flip" the board and re-hire Eric, and get the Super terminated - none of that happened - That never even came close to happening. As soon as the new board members were sworn in, an executive session took place and all the information was presented to them - they must have been privy to some very disturbing facts - they never got Eric's back - they did not even offer an interview. .....Even after dropping his lawsuit. The hung him out to dry and forgot about him.

I think it is also important to note that LeDonne did not live in the Penn Hill's area, he was no threat to anyone there, let alone the administration at Penn Hills Whereas, at PR, Kasper was more respected and that became a problem.

I would be more worried about LeDonnes coaching record at Shaler. I think his best season he may have only won 2 games.
unless he moved Kasper lives and teaches at North Hills

you can't file a lawsuit against somebody and then expect them to forgive and forget

unless he moved Kasper lives and teaches at North Hills

you can't file a lawsuit against somebody and then expect them to forgive and forget
He lives in PR. Teaches at NH.

His son is still on PR roster as a QB - which means he lives in PR.

IMO they would have paid him to go away, instead he dropped the lawsuit so he was eligible to reapply (assume Kasper thought the new school board members would support him) because wanted to coach his son.

He lives in PR. Teaches at NH.

His son is still on PR roster as a QB - which means he lives in PR.

IMO they would have paid him to go away, instead he dropped the lawsuit so he was eligible to reapply (assume Kasper thought the new school board members would support him) because wanted to coach his son.
I keep seeing the statement about him wanting to coach his son. What I don't understand is, why was he interviewing with Pitt before this all happened? He wanted to coach his son, but only if he didn't get the Pitt job?

wpialcoach: The new school board has done nothing, including with Kasper. Everything has stayed the same. I'm sure if the state wouldn't have dropped the mask mandate, it would still be in place. Disappointing. Lots of people got the wool pulled over their eyes.

bucks: You make a good point about Pitt. My only guess is that that would have been such a good money and career deal, it was something he had to do for his entire family - and obviously wanted to do.

Reactions: bucksftball
almost 30 seconds after the hit happened?

a flip on the field? when the player is still out cold?

never seen it anywhere EVER at any level, and neither have you
They were attempting an on side kick at the end of the state championship. Penn hills recovered it, made a big hit, and that sealed the win for a state championship. Can't believe a player would celebrate that.

They were attempting an on side kick at the end of the state championship. Penn hills recovered it, made a big hit, and that sealed the win for a state championship. Can't believe a player would celebrate that.
no opinion here from me... and not sure time left on the clock, but the final score was-
36-Penn Hills
31- Manheim

a last minute or last second touchdown by Manheim would have changed the outcome

I recall watching it, memory is fuzzy, but I am pretty sure it was a quick hit, quick on-side recovery, quick celebration, and an impulsive "over-celebration" by a teenage kid, unfortunate

Looks like the staff has come together with some experience coaches as well as former players. One thing is for sure, they will be able to coach both sides of the ball during practice ensuring fundaments are being worked. One would think this will also help game nights as well, making adjustments real time on both sides of the ball.

Should be interesting for sure.

Looks like the staff has come together with some experience coaches as well as former players. One thing is for sure, they will be able to coach both sides of the ball during practice ensuring fundaments are being worked. One would think this will also help game nights as well, making adjustments real time on both sides of the ball.

Should be interesting for sure.
Well, I am not sure it will be the BEST football staff in Pa, but pretty sure will be one of the LARGEST, 23 dudes. Yep, between volunteer, and paid, I'm pretty sure the total is 23.

3 middle school, 20 high school coaches. Wow. That is a lot of people to juggle. Hearing some good things about practices

Reactions: new2pa
20. Wow. That’s a ton. I saw Crawford is helping? Are there other former players? DeVinney?

20. Wow. That’s a ton. I saw Crawford is helping? Are there other former players? DeVinney?
nope, stories are mixed on devinney, he left, not sure whether he left by choice or was "invited to leave." And, maybe, he was a college kid, gotta go back and finish college?

Staff- some unfamiliar names, 5-6 Penn Hills guys, 1-2 Quip guys including his brother. I think a total of 4 from the current staff, one of which is Buches, couple middle school guys moved to HS. Two most interesting is McMahon, and last night, hired Bill Stull played at Pitt. Sure seems, sadly, that all of the previous assistants have been blackballed by PR admin

I’m not sure how many of the past assistants would have gone back anyway. Besides Coach K, seems like most of the high profile ones landed in good spots.

nope, stories are mixed on devinney, he left, not sure whether he left by choice or was "invited to leave." And, maybe, he was a college kid, gotta go back and finish college?

Staff- some unfamiliar names, 5-6 Penn Hills guys, 1-2 Quip guys including his brother. I think a total of 4 from the current staff, one of which is Buches, couple middle school guys moved to HS. Two most interesting is McMahon, and last night, hired Bill Stull played at Pitt. Sure seems, sadly, that all of the previous assistants have been blackballed by PR admin
what will Stull and Mcmahon coach?

Looks like Coach K to Mars. Wonder what staff will follow?

Crazy, sad, again "salt in the wounds" of some of PR community, kids and families who loved the "old staff." Mars is pretty similar to PR, maybe 10-11 years ago, "a program with potential." If this whole "thing happens" Mars, IMO, will be competing for WPIAL and State in 2-3 years.

Coaches- First of all the "wildcards" are Sasson and Leihmeier. If either of them has a chance to become HC at Seneca, they will stay at Seneca- with the support of Kasper- 5 years ago, Kasper said publicly either could become a HC someday- BUT if the Seneca HC is not going anywhere for 10 years, I say they both will go to Mars.

So, other than them, in order of "most likely" to go to Mars:

Malinowski
Jochem
Neff
Baranowski
Urbick
Mazur
Crawford

Tough part is if Mars will take that many guys- but if they allow it- pretty good "staff ready to go"

Now, the bigger question, is whether any PR kids go there. They might, this might take more coaches- most likely kids, IMO, will be current 7, 8 and 9th graders

Good for Mars- I for one, will be kinda happy for them, to finally, maybe win a championship

Mal was already at Mars, but Jochem was at PCC. But if they both go to Mars and they find an OL guy (Urbick), that side of the ball will be set. And with Coach K on D, that side will also be set. They just need a good weight program (Mal again) and time.

Jochem has been a volunteer his whole career so I doubt Coach K will need a paid spot for him. But I don't see a varsity staff of 15-16 like they had at P-R.

I have to believe Coach K's son will go to Mars, so the QB position will be set for they next three years I imagine.

Honestly, I am rooting for Mars to do well now. In a few years, I'd like for P-R to play them at some point. Maybe if both are in 5A at that point it'll happen. It may take a year for LeDonne to get things going at P-R, but he might've lost his starting QB for next season.

When was the last time Mars and P-R played outside of scrimmages? It has to have been a decade at least.

Also, if Kasperowicz's son is transferring to Mars hypothetically, who's the next QB on the roster?

Next P-R QB: Well, Palmeiri is still there but I’ve heard for weeks he’s going to be a RB. There is a kid, Huffman I think, that has been posting on twitter about camps and 7v7. I suppose he could be next. A rising junior I think.

There is some more to this story that just came to light last week. Gonna wait until Coach K is offficially hired, but it lends weight to how bad he was railroaded.

Reactions: JACKY6996
Can anyone give a quick rundown on the recent years of Mars football. I know they went 2-8 last year and the coach was let go after being there for a long time. Are they a tradition strong program? Complete rebuild? I am very interested to see what Coach K does there. I suspect he’ll have a lot of success.

Did some quick research when I heard about this. The are traditionally a winning record program @6-9 wins per year. Also, have played in a traditionally bad conference - Knoch, Hampton, Indiana, Kittaning, Highlands, etc. However, they have never advanced to a WPIAL championship game. A few cycles ago they were 5A and were average to above average, then went back to 4A.

According to this article, Mars made the playoff 16x in a row before last season. So very very solid, but couldn't get over the hump. They ran wing-t on offense and old school 5-2 C2 on defense IIRC.

I have no idea about any of the kids. Have heard rumors that many kids quit because of prior coach. Maybe they will come back out.

With that being said, I think that they will rather quickly get back to a winning record, but will take some time to get the kids ready to compete with TJ, Quips, Central Valley and North Catholic in 4A. At least a couple years.

Last edited:
Reactions: HSFB99
Did some quick research when I heard about this. The are traditionally a winning record program @6-9 wins per year. Also, have played in a traditionally bad conference - Knoch, Hampton, Indiana, Kittaning, Highlands, etc. However, they have never advanced to a WPIAL championship game. A few cycles ago they were 5A and were average to above average, then went back to 4A.

According to this article, Mars made the playoff 16x in a row before last season. So very very solid, but couldn't get over the hump. They ran wing-t on offense and old school 5-2 C2 on defense IIRC.

I have no idea about any of the kids. Have heard rumors that many kids quit because of prior coach. Maybe they will come back out.

With that being said, I think that they will rather quickly get back to a winning record, but will take some time to get the kids ready to compete with TJ, Quips, Central Valley and North Catholic in 4A. At least a couple years.
QB... Varsity summary for PR-
As of Apr 1, 2021
QB1- Boyd (gone, graduated)
QB2- little EK (gone? transfer?)
QB3-Palmieri (gone, not QB anymore, now 1st RB)
QB4-Huffman- So now, it appear he is QB1- nobody else on the roster has played in either varsity or JV, if Kasper's son leaves- not sure, the varsity backup I guess, will be a current 9th grader

Mars- yes- regular season success, but very little post-season- they are solid up till middle school/ 9th, then they ceiling, cannot do well in playoffs, too old-school. Many of the great players have gone to other sports, like Lacrosse. Not easy to do both, but it is possible. But, the kids want to win championsips for they have been quitting FB. Great example- Mars kid named Austin Cote- '22, senior now, used to be a great Fb player, now ONLY plays lacrosse. Kasper will allow and encourage the kids to do both. Best example of that- Connor Slomka- for PR- the RB on 2014 State runner-up, played both thru grade 12, earned a scholarship to play lacrosse at Ohio State, but chose football at Army.

Coach K was hired tonight by mars on a 7-1 vote by the school board.

And one of the 2 main kids that got him fired was arrested for felony assault last week. There's a lot more to this but I'll leave it at that.

Talk about karma...

Coach K was hired tonight by mars on a 7-1 vote by the school board.

And one of the 2 main kids that got him fired was arrested for felony assault last week. There's a lot more to this but I'll leave it at that.

Talk about karma...

did this kid or the other kid get playing time?

just speculating here i have no idea what happened with anything, but is it possible this kid had obvious mental health problems which made him a target for hazing and bullying?

Crazy, sad, again "salt in the wounds" of some of PR community, kids and families who loved the "old staff." Mars is pretty similar to PR, maybe 10-11 years ago, "a program with potential." If this whole "thing happens" Mars, IMO, will be competing for WPIAL and State in 2-3 years.
if they are winning titles within 2 - 3 years there is obvious transfers and cheating

Reactions: JACKY6996
did this kid or the other kid get playing time?

just speculating here i have no idea what happened with anything, but is it possible this kid had obvious mental health problems which made him a target for hazing and bullying?

From everything I’ve heard from many people he was the bully until a kid he was bullying punched him. That was in 2016 as a freshman I believe. Other freshman kid got suspended for 10 days when a freshman coach reported it. First I heard of this was last spring right after Coach K got fired

He has mental health issues for sure. That’s just one of many, many stories, the rest having nothing to do with football. Everybody kept their mouth shut - but when this hit paper last week it sort of exploded as common knowledge.

Its really sad. Adults failed this kid.

From everything I’ve heard from many people he was the bully until a kid he was bullying punched him. That was in 2016 as a freshman I believe. Other freshman kid got suspended for 10 days when a freshman coach reported it. First I heard of this was last spring right after Coach K got fired

He has mental health issues for sure. That’s just one of many, many stories, the rest having nothing to do with football. Everybody kept their mouth shut - but when this hit paper last week it sort of exploded as common knowledge.

Its really sad. Adults failed this kid.
it was only 2 kids that reported hazing and bullying?

I’m happy for Coach K. I’ll be rooting for Mars from SEPA. Best of luck to him and the program.

Reactions: lilromeo
if they are winning titles within 2 - 3 years there is obvious transfers and cheating
This will be a problem for a PR now, due to the proximity of mars to PR. Some of the housing developments around are half mars half PR. It was announced in the news that coach ks son will transfer there, I can’t imagine ledonne let’s anyone else go without having the AD contest it with the wpial. I always thought that rule was a joke but this is would be clear and cut athletic intent if anything. It’ll be interesting to see

I still think it’s gonna be a while before he really gets mars rolling. They can certainly get their record flipped in the regular season now and change their culture, but as is they just don’t have anywhere near the talent to compete with the big dogs in their classification for the next few years. Like previously said a lot of kids over there tended to play other sports in HS, and their best player is on PCC right now. Mars kids running the spread will still get eaten up by TJ, quips, CV etc. I think whenever mars goes up to 5A in a couple of cycles I’d say they’d potential be ready to roll. But we will see. PR had some special players over the years come through, coaching was a big part of their success but you also do need some talent too.

BradleyPitt: 2 “main” kids they talked to is the rumor.

Jacky: Tend to agree. Need a class to turn it around.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT