ADVERTISEMENT

PIne-Richland 2022

new- not sure, what i do know is "second interviews" are occurring, Feb 7 was the "target" hiring date, LeDonne's name has been mentioned- oh and what I also know, is Penn Hills School District "leadership" seems to support football- PR's does not

Yes, most likely Kasper moving on- and yes, not "looking good" for the future of the PR program. Rumor is they interviewed a couple real idiots. At this point I would be surprised if LeDonne is the coach a month from now. It's a sad joke
A couple of real idiots... so essentially more Campos types? Who knows, maybe the new AD will bring in the coach from his old 1A Johnstown school. I think they only won one game this year...

Reactions: new2pa
I have a little more info, but not much…. they had more than these 4, but at least LeDonne, a really young guy, and older guy (maybe this is the OOS guy) , and a former Shaler coach (in addition to LeDonne) got interviews.

final interviews tomorrow.

So did Coach K not interview? If he did interview, did he get a second? Or did he pull his name out? Thanks

From everything I’ve (not) heard, I don’t think he interviewed. But I have no idea what the circumstances are yet.

A former Shaler coach got an interview? What the hell kind of standards are they looking for? What has Shaler acconplished lately?

So I was able to get a little more info last night that I think is more than just rumor, and pretty disappointing on more than a football level.

The first thing is that it seems like this interview process is still being driven 100% by the Supt, Asst. Supt and Solicitor. None of the things I heard about community and school board members on the committee happened. Essentially nothing changed at all. I guess the 4 new board members aren't real happy, but the holdover (Ditoolio) who they thought was in their corner wouldn't fully commit to supporting anything more than whatever the admin recommends. (Typical of SB's and how PR ran before the election, but not going to help football.)

I seems like Coach K found out about this and didn't even bother applying.

The had 10 or 11 candidates. I'm not sure how many finalists there were, but 3 of them were LeDonno, a member of the current P-R staff (Sofranko) and a guy named Storino who is a Shaler teacher (not coach I guess). There is also an older guy but no one knows who that is. Maybe that's the out of state guy.

Everything I'm hearing is that it will definitely be LeDonne, as long as he makes a good impression on senior admin. Its possible that if LeDonne gets it, Coach K could join his staff, but I don't really see how that would practically work.

So I was able to get a little more info last night that I think is more than just rumor, and pretty disappointing on more than a football level.

The first thing is that it seems like this interview process is still being driven 100% by the Supt, Asst. Supt and Solicitor.
The people that know EVERYTHING that has happened in the past, not what we heard, but have all the facts, and know all the legal ramifications of hiring the wrong person.

PR must always be in CYA mode lol.

WPIAL coach: I think you mean me and I was definitely 100% incorrect in confidently assuming what I heard would happen.

But I shall keep predicting! LeDonne will be next cosch.

they did an article in the PG about Ledonne always taking in penn hills kids in his own home

kinda weird considering he seems to always be trying to get out of Penn Hills

LeDonne is a P-R resident. Has daughter and younger son that attend school in the district. Former quip as well. Friends with many of the prior staff.

it was just weird to do an article on him trying to help those kids, and then seems to be trying to leave those kids every time this job opens up

also he seems a bit rough around the edges for PR, if they didn't like Kasper I find it hard to believe they will like him

“Rough around the edges”

Very well put.

It will be interesting.

Rough in appearance only, a doctorate degree from Carnegie Mellon University, one of the top 25 colleges in the United States..... That is impressive.

He is also a member of the community, he knows what he is getting into and what is expected. He will morph.

Not sure anyone can mess up what Kasper built, I would be more worried about Ledonne's coaching record while at Shaler lol.

Ya. The problem with those smart guys is that they think for themselves. The last coach they had with a CMU PhD spearheaded the trashing of Miller, Pasquinelli, Salopek, Lyons, etc.

Jochum had zero to lose. LeDonne has a lot more.

As long as he doesn’t start f’bombing in public, he’ll be fine.

Update: Coach LeDonne had his final interview with multiple school board and administrative members last Friday or Yesterday. Have not been able to confirm which. There are no other candidate being interviewed any longer.

However, senior admin evidently want him to provide a list of every coach he's going to hire. Hearing that could be a show stopper, not because of the coaches, but because he's not comfortable with how many hands are going to be in the soup, so to speak.

Reactions: bummer01
they got rid of Kasper because of alleged hazing

i don't know seeing Ledonne in interviews, he strikes me as the type to tell a kid "stop being a pussy" if they complain of hazing

also his record at Shaler should be a big cause for concern, Penn Hills is always good so I don't read much into his success there

I don’t disagree with you analysis at all. Everything I’ve heard is that he’s a good person but direct and a little old school.

they got rid of Kasper because of alleged hazing

i don't know seeing Ledonne in interviews, he strikes me as the type to tell a kid "stop being a pussy" if they complain of hazing

also his record at Shaler should be a big cause for concern, Penn Hills is always good so I don't read much into his success there
What's wrong with telling a player to stop being a pussy? If he can't take hazing and rough talk maybe he should try soccer.

What's wrong with telling a player to stop being a pussy? If he can't take hazing and rough talk maybe he should try soccer.
Stalker I agree with you. Some of the old school coaches I had back in the day would never make it in today's coaching. The parents are way to involved, everyones kids are the best and get butt hurt if thier child doesn't play, and these coached can't even look at one of their players wrong now a days. How times have changed.

I agree with your comments, but those days are long gone. In todays environment you cannot coach like that. Kids and parents are way too soft.

It looks like Eric really dug a hole for himself at PR. A lot of talk about how the new school board members would get Kasper re-hired, they couldn't even get him an interview.

I can only imagine what information the new school board member's heard that made them turn their backs on Eric so quickly. Not sure if anything is "alleged" after this outcome. This does not look good, it may damage his ability to get a job anywhere in the WPIAL. The whole school board took the "hands off" approach, shaky legal ground and no one wants to take the chance. I am not surprised with the Solicitor and Administration being in charge of hiring, but so goes the way of CYA.

He should have never dropped his lawsuit, they would have paid him. Maybe Eric can stay at Pitt. That seems to be the best case scenario for him.

Last edited:
have you been paying attention to today's overly PC world?

and ask Kasper how that turned out for him

I agree with your comments, but those days are long gone. In todays environment you cannot coach like that. Kids and parents are way too soft.

It looks like Eric really dug a hole for himself at PR. A lot of talk about how the new school board members would get Kasper re-hired, they couldn't even get him an interview.

I can only imagine what information the new school board member's heard that made them turn their backs on Eric so quickly. Not sure if anything is "alleged" after this outcome. This does not look good, it may damage his ability to get a job anywhere in the WPIAL. The whole school board took the "hands off" approach, shaky legal ground and no one wants to take the chance. I am not surprised with the Solicitor and Administration being in charge of hiring, but so goes the way of CYA.

He should have never dropped his lawsuit, they would have paid him. Maybe Eric can stay at Pitt. That seems to be the best case scenario for him.
you can't sue your employer and then expect them to rehire you

he should've told PR good riddance the moment they told him to leave

he achieved more in 8 years than most coaches can coaching a lifetime, yet he's begging them to take him back??? he came off as pathetic if you ask me, this is a guy that could have any high school job he wants yet he wants the one that doesn't want him when he put them on the map????

that's like a rock star with GQ looks begging one girl to take him back after she dumps him for some nobody, you don't beg that girl to take you back you laugh at her and move on to one of the other BILLION other hot girls you can have

BradleyPitt: He wants to coach his kid. Now what? Transfer? Move? Neither are home run options IMO.

have you been paying attention to today's overly PC world?

and ask Kasper how that turned out for him
Yes, I have seen an element of our society cannot manage frankness, choosing to live in the confusion of an overly politically correct world, working with vague hints and suggestions couched in a manner to willfully mislead.

I’m not espousing calling him a pussy. I worded it as a question. But will say any guys I know in the civilian or military world understand the other person when he or she calls you a pussy. Men, young and old appreciate clarity that is often found in harsh language.

Reactions: lilromeo
Yes, I have seen an element of our society cannot manage frankness, choosing to live in the confusion of an overly politically correct world, working with vague hints and suggestions couched in a manner to willfully mislead.

I’m not espousing calling him a pussy. I worded it as a question. But will say any guys I know in the civilian or military world understand the other person when he or she calls you a pussy. Men, young and old appreciate clarity that is often found in harsh language.
This country is so pussified now a days. This cancel culture is a prime example of it. Let's s find a coach where every kid will play and God forbid you yell or discipline a kid. Let's give everyone a trophy as well.

Reactions: lilromeo
BradleyPitt: He wants to coach his kid. Now what? Transfer? Move? Neither are home run options IMO.
why not transfer? that's what many do these days, heck Kasper benefited from transfers

i think he teaches at North Hills his alma mater, I'm sure they would love to have him

Coach K going to NH would be … well, I don’t have a word for that.

The problem is some men gain leadership/power through manipulation, deceit, by whatever means necessary because their are not true leaders, but wannabe Alphas. You can see it in their actions. Some men are in leadership because of their education or their title only.

When Kasper walked into a room student-athletes stopped and listened. They had respect for his leadership, his presence. Maybe he had an annoying swagger, but that comes with natural leaders sometimes.

When any administrator walked through the halls, students keep talking, they pay no attention, they go about their days like he does not exist. That hurts a leader with no actual confidence. It upsets their feelings.

Best way to reestablish the perceived hierarchy? Eliminate the threat.

Find an issue. No matter how small. Blow it up until it cannot be ignored. Better yet. Use buzzwords such as "hazing" and "rights of passage"...add in an ego like Kasper, coach who won't budge. All it takes is one incident for them to pounce on. The administration will almost always win.

Reactions: aerogenes
Wpialcoach, that is an excellent post and probably spot on.
Agreed- wpialcoach, well stated

It's officially "posted" Coach LeDonne from Penn Hills is on website, on School Board agenda- meaning the Board will vote tonight

Well, seems that the fat lady has sung. So unfortunate, but Coach LeDonne is a good man.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT