ADVERTISEMENT

Pine-Richland 2021

Maybe I mispoke.

I'm not saying that the board will break anybody's contract (supt and asst supt). They just won't renew it. And maybe ask him to leave early. If they asked them to leave early, it would be about $350k for him and Pasquinelli. The school has a $95M budget. We'll be ok.

We'll see on the rest.

Reactions: wilson8500
What if nothing happened? Coaches are on year to year contracts and unless they were let go for a constitutionally protected reason ( race , religion , etc ) the school board has the right to not Renew his contract. He was not fired. Big difference.

Reactions: wpialcoach
S&J: I believe that would have been their best course of action from a legal perspective. They would have still gotten hammered, but wouldn't be in the mess there are in because of what they put in the letter.

The use of the word "hazing" will come back to haunt them. Particularly since it was "confirmed" and they did nothing about it from a legal perspective. Don't think that is being addressed directly in either of Coach K's lawsuits, but I am pretty sure some organizations are looking into that independently.

Wpialcoach- you really seem to have some inside knowledge, and really seem to be defending the Pine Richland Board, and what "they did" and you are so sure how the "board and admin" care about kids. I wonder if you are "part of they?"

Not sure if you are an actual PR admin or a board member, or friends w one of "them" but even if you are NOT either- to say it's only "80 kids" is not just short-sighted and inaccurate. Many people in PR value academics AND athletics- there is no need to "trump athletics." On a Friday night, including athletes, band, fans, there are 500-1000 KIDS in the stadium participating and having fun each Friday night. Right up until these "district leaders" ripped this program apart, all of those people were proud of the Football Program- now they are not

The investigation was bogus, so are these "leaders"

Wpialcoach- you really seem to have some inside knowledge, and really seem to be defending the Pine Richland Board, and what "they did" and you are so sure how the "board and admin" care about kids. I wonder if you are "part of they?"

Not sure if you are an actual PR admin or a board member, or friends w one of "them" but even if you are NOT either- to say it's only "80 kids" is not just short-sighted and inaccurate. Many people in PR value academics AND athletics- there is no need to "trump athletics." On a Friday night, including athletes, band, fans, there are 500-1000 KIDS in the stadium participating and having fun each Friday night. Right up until these "district leaders" ripped this program apart, all of those people were proud of the Football Program- now they are not

The investigation was bogus, so are these "leaders"
Wpialcoach wrote in a post on here he thinks Coach K should still be the coach at P-R.

I much too far away to have an informed opinion. What I don't get (if I've got the facts right) is what it was that prompted the members of the elected board and the administrators not to renew the contract of a highly successful and popular coach if there was no evidence he did anything wrong. Someone may come on here and say they were jealous of his success but the board's lawyers surely would have given them a big warning if it was all motivated by something like jealousy. My guess--from a distance--is that when concerns were raised with Coach K, he responded aggressively and maybe with indignation. This may have put people's backs up. Perhaps I'm thinking too much of how Gil Brooks's time at SJP ended and seeing similarities that may be too much of a stretch.

I do think Eric should be the coach, this should not have happened. I’ve known Coach K for 20+ years, ton of respect for him. Not renewing his contract is based on jealousy no doubt-not football X’s and O’s. I have seen both sides of this type of situation-it sucks, but I feel with all the information presented, Eric is in a bind. Coach K did not make a huge mistake, but it was enough to not renew his contract. School boards CYA at all times. They reviewed this information very carefully with their legal counsel. They did not just make this stuff up and silly billy it. The board obviously supports the administration. He is under a contract for another year and they all supported him. Imagine the public’s response to a pay out that big when the school just made the top in PA under his administration. I’m not big on any administration throwing their weight around in a temper tantrum, but they have all their ducks in a row with this with regards to school contracts.

This has more to do with Eric’s attitude than anything else. It’s a shame.

Last edited:
I hear ya.... he's definately got a dog in the fight or maybe he is one the dogs.
He's all over the place.... backs the board, but then says the coach should be retained. Kinda like he's trying to cover all his bases. The locals probably have figued out who he is.... he's the guy who's wishy washy and sucks up to everyone. Most likely a politician who tells everyone what they want to hear, but in reality is a backstabber. My guess he's running for re-election today. We'll see what he says after the results come in.
I think he's worried that he'll be exposed.
Guys...you’re too much...not everyone is in on a conspiracy to end PR football or Eric's coaching career. I have experience on both sides of this issue and offered my insight. I got no dog in the fight, don’t care who wins or loses on a school board, don’t care if Miller remains super, don’t care if Coach K comes back or not. I don’t think it’s right how it went down-very shady, but with the results of their investigation, they have enough not to rehire. I appreciate Eric, but I have accepted that he’s most likely not coming back.

Last edited:
If that stays the same in November, admin could have a rough time for their next term - assuming they get renewed by the current board.

Of course, that’s too late for Coach K.

The board and administration saw the election results.
Some how I think theyre working on a way to reverse coarse.
Call a press conference where everyone involved is smiling!
It can only get worse!

Last edited:
Beam, Domer, Cory, Klemm - and the 5th is the Center who started last year as a sophomore?

Interesting situation regarding Klemm. The question is, when a new coach and staff is hired, can they develop these linemen like they did under the former staff? I certainly think they can.

Regarding the coaching search, I found out through a player on the team that Densmore is not interested in the job and P-R won't let Salopek be the coach along with the AD responsibilities, so obviously the next coach will be from the outside. Can they get ANYBODY decent at this stage in the summer? Heat acclamation is less than three months away. Is that enough time to get things sorted out?

Reactions: Soup13 and new2pa
Bummer, I think that no matter who coaches, P-R should be the no lower than the #3 team in the state. #1 in WPIAL. Their OL will be massive and talented. I think it should be P-R vs. the winner of Imhotep/ECP in the finals.

Not sure who they can get, but did hear interviews starting today. I've heard *rumors* that P-R's former/current WR and SC coach, Ed Malinosky has applied and would bring back the majority of the staff. Other *rumors* include LeDonne, a coach from Washington and Jefferson, and a coach from Central Valley.

Something that was confirmed to me today by a buddy in Cranberry is that P-R's former OC (Lehmeier) and their OL coach (Sason) are now at Seneca Valley. That is a massive upgrade for SV.

There's no doubt in my mind that they can still be dominant and I expect them to be, but I'm curious about whether the new staff will bring in a new system and playbook. Malinosky would be great but I can't see the administration approving a protégé of Kasperowicz. Regarding LeDonne, I can't see him leaving Penn Hills either. Apparently he's loved there. The others we'll have to wait and see, but nothing regarding Brezilla and the NA DC?

Major win for Seneca Valley getting those two. It'll be interesting to see what it's like when P-R and SV meet next season. It may take a few years, but I expect Seneca Valley to be consistently in the WPIAL finals in the future given their student population and other factors. Their fans should be excited.

I have heard nothing more about Brezilla or the NA Coach.

SV has been the biggest school in the WPIAL for a while. They can't seem to get over the hump. Lehmeier and Sason will definitely help them on the offensive side and I imagine the culture side of things too.

I also found it kind of interesting that the next regular meeting for the school board on June 21st was moved up from its original start time at 7 pm to 6 pm. If interviews started today, could we potentially find out who the coach will be on that date?

Also another point I forgot to mention. If Malinosky is hired, is he allowed to bring back parts of Kasperowicz's staff or will the school board have to approve his hirings?

I have heard they want to name a coach at the June 7th meeting.

No idea on the second part, but my guess is he applied with that intention. I don't think they would allow all of them back after what has happened. Some have been very vocal against admininstration.

June 7th is a week and a half away. Can they get the interviews done or are there so few candidates who applied? They did say that they were having issues getting quality candidates to apply in the past.

Obviously the dream hire at this point is LeDonne, but I just can't see that happening.

I was able to talk with some people last night:

Malinoski did not get a second interview.

LeDonne did, but a couple people told me he elected not to go.

The Central Valley coach rumor is just that - a rumor.

Was not able to learn anything about the W & J coach applying.

I guess Malinosky wanting to bring back the staff thwarted his chances, or maybe didn't impress the administration.

Interesting development about LeDonne. Maybe he had some interest but got talked out of it by people in Penn Hills. They love him there. He wouldn't leave right now.

Regarding the CV and W&J coaches, I guess we have to wait and see. We don't know any names.

They have enough time to hire a coach on June 7th, but maybe they're keeping everything secretive.

Reactions: new2pa
A name I'm hearing in Twitter is Steve Campos from Seneca Valley. Any insight to this?

I have head that too. Never heard of the guy. Here's what on twitter about him. I can't see this working out well.

He was QB coach at Seneca Valley. And he's coming to P-R.

He doesn't seem like a good candidate.

This is very Kevin Stallings-esque honestly, and this is after Sasson and Lehmeier are going to SV. Campos is 61 years old with a very subpar coaching record. Oh boy.

Let's see what happens on Wednesday at the meeting. I hope it will be livestreamed. Should make quality entertainment. If the public is allowed to attend then it will be even more entertaining.

None of this will go over well. Not only with the fact that their were better candidates including guys on the staff but Seneca and Pr basically switching assistant coaches. It looks to me like admin wanted someone who wasn’t a big name, seems coincidental with their whole “football is too big” narrative. Also Seneca valley has been mediocre, having a solid couple seasons lucking into the wpial championship (only because of watered down 6A having 7 teams) game and they haven’t really had a stud pocket passer QB ever if that’s any indication of the new coach...

Jacky, it is pretty amazing how well this feeds into the narrative about P-R admin wanting to de-emphasize football. If that's what you want to do, you pick someone like Campos.

OTOH, if there was ever going to be an easy guy to fire after one year, its him....

Jacky, it is pretty amazing how well this feeds into the narrative about P-R admin wanting to de-emphasize football. If that's what you want to do, you pick someone like Campos.

OTOH, if there was ever going to be an easy guy to fire after one year, its him....
This ain't lookin good..... Theyre finding out just how hard it is to get a qualified coach these days. And where's this guy gonna find a staff?
ANY PREDICTIONS ON HOW IT ALL ENDS?

This ain't lookin good..... Theyre finding out just how hard it is to get a qualified coach these days. And where's this guy gonna find a staff?
ANY PREDICTIONS ON HOW IT ALL ENDS?
That’s the issue, qualified candidates applied, either from the staff or outside (Malinowski, ledonne) the administration is just really showing how incompetent they are at this point. What sucks is the kids suffer from it all in the end.

That’s the issue, qualified candidates applied, either from the staff or outside (Malinowski, ledonne) the administration is just really showing how incompetent they are at this point. What sucks is the kids suffer from it all in the end.
Does PR have any two sport athletes that would dump football and concentrate on thier #1 sport?

Last edited:
I've heard rumors that now up to four former P-R coaches have flocked to Seneca Valley. Other than Sasson and Lehmeier, who else?

Coach Campos will be just fine once the adults get on board, then the kids will follow. The kids seem fine with the hire. Ready to move on. There’s not much else the community can do. He is definitely a quiet hire of “just don’t mess up what Eric built”. Campos knows how not to screw this up lol. He’ll stick around for maybe 3-4 years while someone on the staff will be groomed to takeover. He might not set the world on fire, but PR has the talent to carry their weight in 2021....if anything else, Coach K’s influence will carry them through.

Coach Campos will be just fine once the adults get on board, then the kids will follow. The kids seem fine with the hire. Ready to move on. There’s not much else the community can do. He is definitely a quiet hire of “just don’t mess up what Eric built”. Campos knows how not to screw this up lol. He’ll stick around for maybe 3-4 years while someone on the staff will be groomed to takeover. He might not set the world on fire, but PR has the talent to carry their weight in 2021....if anything else, Coach K’s influence will carry them through.
Lmao they are not fine with it, go on Twitter if you have it lol talk to a parent or anyone in the community instead of talking from the sideline

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT