ADVERTISEMENT

Pine-Richland 2021

I've heard rumors that now up to four former P-R coaches have flocked to Seneca Valley. Other than Sasson and Lehmeier, who else?
Probably campos takin some of the Seneca staff with him and those positions opening up. Those guys don’t want to sit on the sidelines, and Seneca plays PR week 1

Reactions: new2pa
Lmao they are not fine with it, go on Twitter if you have it lol talk to a parent or anyone in the community instead of talking from the sideline
JACKY.... WpialCoach has been non stop defending the adm and board for a long time on PaPreps. He's one of them. Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain! Now that I think of the way he described himself on past posts , he just may be Compos himself....... I'm serious!

Last edited:
The sad thing is, Campos is more qualified to be our AD than the acual AD. That's saying something about the board. Does this hire move the needle at all?

I've heard rumors that now up to four former P-R coaches have flocked to Seneca Valley. Other than Sasson and Lehmeier, who else?

I don't know of anyone else, but it stands to reason that if SV's QB coach is gone, they'll need a QB coach.

The sad thing is, Campos is more qualified to be our AD than the acual AD. That's saying something about the board. Does this hire move the needle at all?
NO.... The guy just has a mediocre coaching record and thinks in his own mind that anyone can win with the talent at PR. And we all know thats not true. There's nothing special in the water in PR, it was K who developed it!

Probably campos takin some of the Seneca staff with him and those positions opening up. Those guys don’t want to sit on the sidelines, and Seneca plays PR week 1

Jacky, I had thought this too. He's gotta have some people that he will take.

The other connection I've heard are North Catholic coaches. I believe several of them are SV teachers and coached together at some point when Coach Holl was there.

Now, if Coach K and crew somehow ended up at North Catholic... Whoa...

Jacky, I had thought this too. He's gotta have some people that he will take.

The other connection I've heard are North Catholic coaches. I believe several of them are SV teachers and coached together at some point when Coach Holl was there.

Now, if Coach K and crew somehow ended up at North Catholic... Whoa...
Is North Catholic 5A ?

North Catholic is 3A. If they ever get to max capacity they will be 4A

Do you think that with how bad this hire is, do you think players will transfer in big numbers now? Will those who never see any Varsity action just quit?

Do you think that with how bad this hire is, do you think players will transfer in big numbers now? Will those who never see any Varsity action just quit?

I'm more mixed on this than ever, particularly for seniors. Central is out for them. Don't take senior transfers.

I don't think kids will up and move to Seneca Valley to be with Lehmeier and Sasson. That's too hard on the family.

North would be an option, but we are just speculating that Coach K would go there. I've heard nothing at all that that is even being considered.

So, I guess at this point I'd say nothing happening is most likely, but if Coach K goes somewhere then odds go up dramatically particularly if he takes some staff with him.

Yes...Twitter...where justice will prevail lol.

WTAE reported that players “were ready to move on” on their coverage of this yesterday.

No one is transferring. Get on board. The sky is not falling Chicken Little. Relax.

Maybe it’s just you who is not ready to move on?

Last edited:
If any Catholic school gets a Coach K and a supporting staff as in PR, they rule The Burg!
Look to the east... its all about SJP, Wood and LaSalle (private).
Yup the WPIAL may just curse the day this $#it $how started.

Reactions: roxychknpoxy
My take…it’s completely understandable/reasonable to hold admin/board accountable for the handling of Coach K’s dismissal. However, in fairness to the kids, parents, community stakeholders, etc the new coach deserves a fair shot. He didn’t fire Coach K. I wish the new coach and players great success.

Reactions: wpialcoach
Coach Campos will be just fine once the adults get on board, then the kids will follow. The kids seem fine with the hire. Ready to move on. There’s not much else the community can do. He is definitely a quiet hire of “just don’t mess up what Eric built”. Campos knows how not to screw this up lol. He’ll stick around for maybe 3-4 years while someone on the staff will be groomed to takeover. He might not set the world on fire, but PR has the talent to carry their weight in 2021....if anything else, Coach K’s influence will carry them through.
Again, this looks like this was written by a PR Board Member, or current PR Admin... "coach Campos will be just fine."

No, sorry, respectfully disagree. The "kids seem fine with hire" again, not true, I'm sure there are 8 year old Youth football kids, who have googled this guy- and within 30 seconds, thought he was no good- and said "jeez, this guy is old- and he has never won a single championship, did he ever even PLAY football?" The hire of this "coach" is to get a "yes man" not a Good Quality HC. It's a joke. Having "this guy" will make the "job" of Admin EASIER. This might be a "nice guy" but he has zero record of success. He has had like 20 different jobs in the last 30 years.

I DO agree w you, that "there's not much else the community can." Yes, that is true, because the Admin does not CARE about the what the community wants.

Any one reading this- if your child was really smart, but in high school, they got rid of AP classes, and got all C's, maybe he might be "just fine" graduating in General classes? No, not acceptable to most parents. Kids should be pushed, challenged, and when possible, provided Good Quality teachers, and COACHES!

Since you guys seem to be so depressed....

4f63e7d992a1483551219e766a80b5ec.png

Essentially, all the board wanted to do was get rid of a coach they deemed had significant baggage in their eyes and anybody associated with him. They succeeded in doing that.

Now, with a yes-man AD who isn't qualified for the job, they hired someone who will be a yes-man HC. Let's see what happens with the football program in the next 3-4 years. Soon enough, the culture Kasperowicz built will be gone and probably at Seneca Valley.

For Eric Kasperowicz, I hope he finds a place where the administration appreciates the success and the culture that he built at P-R, and maybe he'll do it again elsewhere.

I'll give Coach Campos a chance. He deserves that at the very least. Let's see what kind of staff he'll bring in over the summer. I'm looking forward to that and what he can do at P-R.

It will all officially start on Wednesday night. Let's just wait and see.

Yes...Twitter...where justice will prevail lol.

WTAE reported that players “were ready to move on” on their coverage of this yesterday.

No one is transferring. Get on board. The sky is not falling Chicken Little. Relax.

Maybe it’s just you who is not ready to move on?
keep grasping at those straws buddy. I know multiple players families, if you think they are thrilled you are far off. Their are multiple football parents of stud starters flaming the decision on social media. You haven’t got a clue what’s actually going on

keep grasping at those straws buddy. I know multiple players families, if you think they are thrilled you are far off. Their are multiple football parents of stud starters flaming the decision on social media. You haven’t got a clue what’s actually going on
Re: "Their are multiple football parents of stud starters flaming the decision on social media." Anybody else find something sad about parents doing this? I'm glad that when I was in high school sports were really a "parent-free zone."

Grasping at straws??? lol...like Eric coming back. I mean you said Coach K was coming back - kids we’re transferring- no one could replace Eric - the administration will be fired - all those flames on social media ...none of that happened. Not sure anyone is thrilled, Eric is a great coach, but everyone is moving on - except you.

All of this as I watch KDKA repeat PR will not bring back Eric and will hire a new coach tonight.

Time to stop crying, put your big boy pants on and get on the train and start supporting the new coach & staff....otherwise we are only hurting the kids.

Train keeps rolling...

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Bighead75
Re: "Their are multiple football parents of stud starters flaming the decision on social media." Anybody else find something sad about parents doing this? I'm glad that when I was in high school sports were really a "parent-free zone."
My father saw me play in 1 football game and 1 baseball game. For the baseball game he put my bike in the trunk of his car, drove me to the field and said, "now you know how to get here." Got my bike out of the trunk and on his way he went. Simpler times!!!

Grasping at straws??? lol...like Eric coming back. I mean you said Coach K was coming back - kids we’re transferring- no one could replace Eric - the administration will be fired - all those flames on social media ...none of that happened. Not sure anyone is thrilled, Eric is a great coach, but everyone is moving on - except you.

All of this as I watch KDKA repeat PR will not bring back Eric and will hire a new coach tonight.

Time to stop crying, put your big boy pants on and get on the train and start supporting the new coach & staff....otherwise we are only hurting the kids.

Train keeps rolling...
Ok, agreed, maybe some parents need to just adjust and deal with this change. Yes, life goes on. But maybe, also, some people, like wpialcoach, need to stop defending this coaching change, when it seems illogical and unexplainable to lots of people in PA. We'll see if the district has any good ideas- if any of the NEW assistant coaches have any experience of success at the varsity level. Even "with or without EK" the staff goes from arguably the best, most experienced Football Staff in the state- to what??

It will be interesting to see the candidates for Campos' assistants, but it will definitely be a downgrade from the previous staff. I think they'll be discussing that at the meeting tonight.

Give him a shot. That's the very least we can give him and his will-be staff. Let's see what happens on the field in the fall.

Ok, agreed, maybe some parents need to just adjust and deal with this change. Yes, life goes on. But maybe, also, some people, like wpialcoach, need to stop defending this coaching change, when it seems illogical and unexplainable to lots of people in PA. We'll see if the district has any good ideas- if any of the NEW assistant coaches have any experience of success at the varsity level. Even "with or without EK" the staff goes from arguably the best, most experienced Football Staff in the state- to what??
Let me repeat.....I DO NOT THINK COACH K should have been let go. Too many times, these weak administrators get jealous of the respect a HC gets and this is what happens. The bottom line is...Eric gave them a reason, no matter how lame and insignificant...he gave them a reason to not renew his contract. I understand how this stuff works and how Eric came to be in this position. It is not right, he is a great coach, not sure how many times I must say that, but he messed up and the administration called him out. The administration is not going to let a football coach be bigger than the administration, just not going to happen, especially when they have a unanimous school board decision to support their actions. I just accepted that this is way things work, not saying its right, but its politics and Eric didn't play the game right.

Chris Harlan's TRIB HSSN article on Coach Campos was a great one, and it seems like he will not tolerate anything about the past. He knows that it's time to move forward with what he has, and judging by his words, the players are on board as well.

Could've P-R gotten a 'sexier' hire? Probably, but what's most interesting is that the P-R admin reached out to Campos to inquire about the job, not the other way around. Regardless, Seneca Valley made out like bandits taking Sasson and Lehmeier and we got Campos in return. Let's see what happens when the two meet next season.

About the board meeting, I just watched it in its entirety just recently, and it seemed like the atmosphere there was extremely tepid. I kinda respect Greg DiTullio on his decision to vote against appointing Coach Campos, as I had felt that there were better options for the job, such as LeDonne and Malinoski. Regardless, the whole board deserves to go still. They have done nothing but divide our community and make us a clown show. They're all typical politicians in the sense that they're all talk and no action. They'll feel our voices in November. What I didn't like was the one board member whose name slips my mind that asked one of the players if his mother would approve of his comments, after saying that he understands what is going on because "he was a former coach".

Whatever, it's over. According to the TRIB HSSN article, Coach Campos has already given a few names of candidates to be his assistants to the admin. Unfortunately, they will probably be a few ex-Seneca Valley coaches or other underwhelming choices. It's a blank slate for the football team that got ripped away by powerful elites. I hope the players give it their all and they win for their school and their community, not for those who govern it.

Whenever the Week 0 game is against Harrisburg, we will see what Coach Campos can cook up in this new era. Can't wait to see it.

Reactions: lilromeo and new2pa
Chris Harlan's TRIB HSSN article on Coach Campos was a great one, and it seems like he will not tolerate anything about the past. He knows that it's time to move forward with what he has, and judging by his words, the players are on board as well.

Could've P-R gotten a 'sexier' hire? Probably, but what's most interesting is that the P-R admin reached out to Campos to inquire about the job, not the other way around. Regardless, Seneca Valley made out like bandits taking Sasson and Lehmeier and we got Campos in return. Let's see what happens when the two meet next season.

About the board meeting, I just watched it in its entirety just recently, and it seemed like the atmosphere there was extremely tepid. I kinda respect Greg DiTullio on his decision to vote against appointing Coach Campos, as I had felt that there were better options for the job, such as LeDonne and Malinoski. Regardless, the whole board deserves to go still. They have done nothing but divide our community and make us a clown show. They're all typical politicians in the sense that they're all talk and no action. They'll feel our voices in November. What I didn't like was the one board member whose name slips my mind that asked one of the players if his mother would approve of his comments, after saying that he understands what is going on because "he was a former coach".

Whatever, it's over. According to the TRIB HSSN article, Coach Campos has already given a few names of candidates to be his assistants to the admin. Unfortunately, they will probably be a few ex-Seneca Valley coaches or other underwhelming choices. It's a blank slate for the football team that got ripped away by powerful elites. I hope the players give it their all and they win for their school and their community, not for those who govern it.

Whenever the Week 0 game is against Harrisburg, we will see what Coach Campos can cook up in this new era. Can't wait to see it.
I like your positivity- but no, my guess is he is a fraud. He is there to collect a paycheck. He is a "vagabond coach." We'll see on Monday who the assistants will be- but the word is he has very few guys- maybe no seneca guys. Nobody wanted his job, because most local coaches knew parents and kids wanted EK, or one of his guys- so the AD had to "Scrape the bottom of the barrel" to get this guy- and maybe no one wants to be assistant coaches- so this guy might need to "scrape together" a staff?

Who would be excited to join a 62 year old unproven coach, in a "toxic" environment? If he does not have any "current coaches" there is no way they can keep the same system, and this guy has no interest in "building" a system- he is only there to "use PR" to get himself a ring- a ring he does not deserve. And again, maybe it will be okay- but if none of the previous assistants come back, sadly its gonna a random group of "motley crew" coaches- this year, PR will go maybe 5-4, might make some noise in the payoffs- but they could lose to Harr, PCC, and Gateway- and next year, if they go back to 6A, might not even win a playoff game, and the program is gonna fall apart, and more kids will start playing lacrosse!!

I like your positivity- but no, my guess is he is a fraud. He is there to collect a paycheck. He is a "vagabond coach." We'll see on Monday who the assistants will be- but the word is he has very few guys- maybe no seneca guys. Nobody wanted his job, because most local coaches knew parents and kids wanted EK, or one of his guys- so the AD had to "Scrape the bottom of the barrel" to get this guy- and maybe no one wants to be assistant coaches- so this guy might need to "scrape together" a staff?

Who would be excited to join a 62 year old unproven coach, in a "toxic" environment? If he does not have any "current coaches" there is no way they can keep the same system, and this guy has no interest in "building" a system- he is only there to "use PR" to get himself a ring- a ring he does not deserve. And again, maybe it will be okay- but if none of the previous assistants come back, sadly its gonna a random group of "motley crew" coaches- this year, PR will go maybe 5-4, might make some noise in the payoffs- but they could lose to Harr, PCC, and Gateway- and next year, if they go back to 6A, might not even win a playoff game, and the program is gonna fall apart, and more kids will start playing lacrosse!!
I stated earlier on here that I would already put wins over Fox Chapel, Kiski, Shaler, and North Hills due to the talent P-R has over these teams. What worries me is what system will Campos bring in? At SV last year, they averaged roughly 24 PPG. Kasperowicz ran the defense, but will he inherit the system or blow it up? Secondly, how much time is needed to learn a new system and run it efficiently? Do they even have enough time at this point?

"New" and other fans, I'm not happy this happened to PR, in fact the opposite but it sure opens things up across the state at 5A. Personally, I hope the guys kick some ass and wish them the best in what was shaping up as an exciting year at 5A across the state....and hopefully still is.

I still believe this team should be playing for a state championship. Hasley is a stud and the have great OL. Klemm (tackle) has gotten offers from ASU, NEBrASKA, Colorado and hasnt played a down. Starting center is back as well as Beam at other tackle. Gochis at WR and eastburn at RB.

Defense is a little more of a rebuild, but this team is theoretically loaded. P-R, Imhotep, ECP top 3, then GM in the west mainly because of Singleton. Warwick lost a ton. Maybe somebody else steps up.

P-R first 6:

Harrisburg
Seneca Valley
Central Catholic
Upper St Clair
Gateway
Penn Hills

that’s a tough way to start the season.

I still believe this team should be playing for a state championship. Hasley is a stud and the have great OL. Klemm (tackle) has gotten offers from ASU, NEBrASKA, Colorado and hasnt played a down. Starting center is back as well as Beam at other tackle. Gochis at WR and eastburn at RB.

Defense is a little more of a rebuild, but this team is theoretically loaded. P-R, Imhotep, ECP top 3, then GM in the west mainly because of Singleton. Warwick lost a ton. Maybe somebody else steps up.

P-R first 6:

Harrisburg
Seneca Valley
Central Catholic
Upper St Clair
Gateway
Penn Hills

that’s a tough way to start the season.
Would... be playing for champ if coaches stayed same
Should...based upon talent
Could? Maybe, doubtful IMO

Sadly, they will likely go, somewhere b/t 2-4 and 0-6 in their first 6, with Gateway, and two 6A teams in there. Many teams have been working on the field, with formations and techniques, maybe for 8 weeks already- PR has not even started this spring...in the News, Campos said they would start next week- nope, incorrect, fraud, he told kids different in person, it might be two more weeks, cuz there is ONLY ONE TOTAL COACH from grade 9 to 12. Not sure if that is admin's fault, HC, or both? And, the word is this guy is gonna bring in some guys from out-of-state- and nobody knows who ANY of the ACs will be. Talent? Domer, Gochis and Lenz, are all STUD returning senior players- with ZERO scholarship offers between the three- a direct result of the program being ripped apart by district board and admin- the kids are getting zero help from the school with recruiting. Klemm- this is just a guess, but I do not think PR is helping him- yes the boy is 6'6 250, has great potential (was not even a starter last year, no snaps in playoffs), but my guess is his dad, who is the Steelers OL coach, thought, "to heck with PR, they are a trainwreck, not gonna help us, I am gonna use my connections to help my son, I need to just call colleges myself." I would not be surprised if Klemm leaves- maybe IMG for senior year- that might be how he got offers- knowing he was gonna go to IMG

And the system? Who knows, if they do not bring any previous guys back, the kids cannot "coach themselves" and if they bring new stuff, 7-8 weeks is not enough time to mentally rep new stuff to be "great" by early August. We will know after board meeting Monday night, who the assistants will be.

Respectfully- PR should not be in the conversation for best in the state. Last year, even with a talented experienced senior class, if we had "lesser coaching" we would have lost to GM last year, maybe 42-14. We might not have been able to beat Peters or ECP. This year, PR has talent, but not experience, 6 total returning starters (3 on offense 3 on defense), new QB, 4 new OL, two new LBs, etc.

Consistent good coaching and good systems might prevail, for other WPIAL teams- Penn Hills, Penn Trafford, South Fayette, or Gateway...some, or all of them might be BETTER than PR this year. Maybe a little pessimistic- but i do not think PR will make it out of the WPIAL- good for other teams, maybe someone new like PT could go far.

If somehow PR could win 4 of the first 6- then yea, maybe I'm off base, PR could go far

I respect your opinion. I disagree that they would have lost 42-14 last year to GM. Didnt 7 PR seniors sign to Division 1 schools this year? Add in the current (rising seniors) kids with offers and they have at least 9-10 on the team. PR may have had the best staff in the state, but they certainly had as much talent (if not more) top to bottom than GM. They were not physically outmatched whatsoever in that game.

Again Coach K and his staff were probably the best in the state; if not then they were the second best. But to pretend last years team suffered from lack of talent (or had way less talent than GM) is laughable. Both things can be true.

I respect your opinion. I disagree that they would have lost 42-14 last year to GM. Didnt 7 PR seniors sign to Division 1 schools this year? Add in the current (rising seniors) kids with offers and they have at least 9-10 on the team. PR may have had the best staff in the state, but they certainly had as much talent (if not more) top to bottom than GM. They were not physically outmatched whatsoever in that game.

Again Coach K and his staff were probably the best in the state; if not then they were the second best. But to pretend last years team suffered from lack of talent (or had way less talent than GM) is laughable. Both things can be true.
I said a lot of stuff, so maybe some was misinterpreted- no i did not say, nor did i intend to say PR lacked talent last year, or was "out-talented" by GM. That was great game, warriors on both sides, IDK maybe evenly talented. Not physically outmatched whatsoever? Uh, yea, my guess is the PR kids would say, yes there were moments- moments when Stewart was stronger, Singleton was a little faster, and even the fullback ran over a few PR kids- that really did not happen all year to PR, other than GM.

Anybody watching that game would say we could have easily lost by 2-3 touchdowns. In fact we WERE losing by 3 touchdowns TWICE. What i am saying is, the coaching, preparation, and "in-game" coaching helped win that game. I'm pretty sure, if you asked the PR players who were on the field last fall, if they had "lesser coaching" would they have lost by 2-3 touchdowns? Most would say yes. PR made offensive adjustments, defensive adjustments, but more importantly, the kids LOVED AND TRUSTED the coaches, and the coaches trusted each other and worked well together.

Not many people talk about this- but Nick Singleton (while maybe a couple kids from that game may play on Sundays someday, he will likely be the "highest draft pick"), before that game, was averaging 15 yards for EVERY carry- yes 15 per carry. Against PR, I'm not sure he had a single rush over 10 yards, he averaged like 5 for the game. That is the result of talent AND great coaching- film study, consistent edge responsibilities- corners, safeties and OLBs in position, good angles- stuff they start working in April- unless of course all of your coaches get fired!!

I understand your point and agree that game could have gotten away from them. PR uncharacteristically had a ton of turnovers in the first half. There’s no doubt that the coaches helped them turn the tide and get back on track. My only contention was the line “if we had ‘lesser coaching’ we would have lost to GM last year, maybe 42-14.”

But, I now understand what you were saying.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT