ADVERTISEMENT

Pine-Richland 2021

I’ve been on the field. In the classroom. In the office and board room. Each and every one us is replaceable in the professional world.

PR will have some bumps with the new HC, but it will be a quality HC, and they will have ups and downs just as PR did when Eric began his HC career-just like every new HC would. Just as Coach K installed his philosophy, the new HC will use his philosophy to build. Once the new HC is place, the staff will fill up with people wanting to get on the staff and help. Give him/the staff, the same time and support Coach K was allotted. The PR administration will not be aiming for wins the first on maybe even second season. All the PR admin wants is peace.

Time to get on board and support the incoming HC and his staff. It’s happening.

Soup... Totally agree! Good coaches enable players to bring their talent out. Any coach who says otherwise is just jellous of successful coaches. Coach Pettine of CBW (God rest his soul) got countless players free rides to college. In todays cost , I dont know how many millions of dollars that would be. Sad but I think educators resent the system.

I’ve been on the field. In the classroom. In the office and board room. Each and every one us is replaceable in the professional world.

PR will have some bumps with the new HC, but it will be a quality HC, and they will have ups and downs just as PR did when Eric began his HC career-just like every new HC would. Just as Coach K installed his philosophy, the new HC will use his philosophy to build. Once the new HC is place, the staff will fill up with people wanting to get on the staff and help. Give him/the staff, the same time and support Coach K was allotted. The PR administration will not be aiming for wins the first on maybe even second season. All the PR admin wants is peace.

Sounds like you already know the new coach is a LOSER!

Reactions: new2pa
Soup... Totally agree! Good coaches enable players to bring their talent out. Any coach who says otherwise is just jellous of successful coaches. Coach Pettine of CBW (God rest his soul) got countless players free rides to college. In todays cost , I dont know how many millions of dollars that would be. Sad but I think educators resent the system.
Not only do educators resent it, but other parents do also. In CBSD, when it looked like the only extra-curriculars that would continue through Covid were athletics, many parents made it clear that it wasn't acceptable and proposed things like shutting down all the athletic fields and using them for other clubs to meet outdoors. I think in a lot of high academic districts there is resentment of athletes using that ability to get into elite schools where other superior students will be rejected. Signing days for athletes, etc...

All they want is peace yet they started all this randomly over baseless accusations. Right. Also their cool with less wins, that’s one of the driving factors behind this whole thing.

Jacky, have the done 7v7's? I like to come and watch sometimes.
He’s apart of a local 7v7 team that travels to tournaments across the country. I’d assume the actual team 7v7 stuff would be starting soon if this BS hadn’t happened. The PR Twitter account did post dates for it

When looking at P-R's schedule next season, I can already pencil in four wins: Shaler, North Hills, Fox Chapel, and Kiski. Even with a new coaching staff and scheme, they should be able to roll over these teams based on talent alone. However, what happens when they play Harrisburg, PCC, SV, Penn Hills, and Gateway? Obviously, there's great talent in the WPIAL, but is there great coaching? No matter who P-R hires to replace Kasperowicz, it will be a downgrade unless they hire LeDonne or Brezilla. However, Penn Hills isn't floundering anytime soon and PCC is a top-tier program in this state, so they probably aren't coming.

When looking at P-R's schedule next season, I can already pencil in four wins: Shaler, North Hills, Fox Chapel, and Kiski. Even with a new coaching staff and scheme, they should be able to roll over these teams based on talent alone. However, what happens when they play Harrisburg, PCC, SV, Penn Hills, and Gateway? Obviously, there's great talent in the WPIAL, but is there great coaching? No matter who P-R hires to replace Kasperowicz, it will be a downgrade unless they hire LeDonne or Brezilla. However, Penn Hills isn't floundering anytime soon and PCC is a top-tier program in this state, so they probably aren't coming.
You’re severely underestimating the talent PR has. First off no kids are leaving. They have 3 potential D1 linemen. Like I said before the QB has looked very sharp, and some believe he could’ve started last year and PR could’ve still won the state title. Their LB crops will be just as good as last year, if not better. Hasley, heckert, rottinghouse, and two young cerminara’s. Also some other very solid high school athletes at skill positions. Secondly, Besides pcc, gateway penn hills and Seneca don’t have the linemen or depth PR has in that area of the field. Seneca has some big boys but they aren’t on the level of the PR kids and Even with no coach k their program is no where near the level Pr is at which is surprising for being the biggest school in the wpial. Penn hills and gateway have undersized guys on their lines. Still well coached teams that can scheme around it, but PR really flexed their muscles last year on teams like that. That’s what really set Pr apart from 5A, none of these other teams had anything close to the physicality PR had. I believe PR will compete just fine with Harrisburg and PCC. If we’re talking about coaching, totten is still stuck in 1980 with his philosophy. That’s always held them back from being a SJP type of school, and quite frankly is the reason PR has beat them multiple times the past decade despite them always being loaded with size on the lines and athletes. I don’t know much about Harrisburg besides they’re a good program that always has players. I think that’s a good match up for PR. Going back though, that’s why the talent Pr has on the lines is probably what’s attracting ledonne, also the fact he lives there. Solid athletes with big athletic linemen is going to be very attractive. Penn hills definitely doesn’t have that.
I believe the ship has probably sailed for this season for coach K, but don’t be too shocked if he ended up back at PR in a year after this board gets flipped in some capacity, or at the very least he will be coaching somewhere else, college or high school.

Last edited:
I wasn't underestimating the talent P-R has. I've seen what they can do when players are developed and coached under Kasperowicz and his staff, and that starts mostly in middle school under him. LeDonne or Brezilla is not coming here for one year if Kasperowicz will be back in 2022. Good coaching, scheming, and development are necessary to have multiple successful seasons in a row. Kasperowicz and his staff proved that theory over his past eight years sufficiently. Also, it was a unanimous vote to not renew Kasperowicz's contract, so why would he want to return to an atmosphere where the higher-ups despise him? The ship has sailed not only for this season but for good in my opinion.

I wasn't underestimating the talent P-R has. I've seen what they can do when players are developed and coached under Kasperowicz and his staff, and that starts mostly in middle school under him. LeDonne or Brezilla is not coming here for one year if Kasperowicz will be back in 2022. Good coaching, scheming, and development are necessary to have multiple successful seasons in a row. Kasperowicz and his staff proved that theory over his past eight years sufficiently. Also, it was a unanimous vote to not renew Kasperowicz's contract, so why would he want to return to an atmosphere where the higher-ups despise him? The ship has sailed not only for this season but for good in my
That’s the point, the kids are developed already. The facilities are there, the kids are committed, they get a good turn out for the teams on all levels. The work is already done essentially. New coach just needs to be at the very least competent. These seats are getting flipped, the whole community is about to be up in north park Tuesday to ensure that. That’s going to put the future of the administration in question. Those same higher ups won’t be there. He doesn’t wanna just suddenly stop a decade of hard work over some BS. He’s gonna fight until the bitter end and good for him

You still havent answered the other poster... Where did you coach???
You're essentially asking wpialcoach to identify himself. Unless everyone on this board is prepared to identify themselves by name and location, it's unfair to ask one poster to do just that while almost everyone else is anonymous.

Reactions: wpialcoach
The PR administration is not going to hire a new HC for one year and then going back to Coach K, no matter how the board flips. That would not be fair to the new HC, they will get a fair chance. There are number of coaches to choose from, you’d be surprised by who all is interested. We’ll hear all the names once this passes. Some are waiting quietly for this to blow over. And the PR community will be just fine with the new HC. The biggest issue will be the late start and they will get a pass on their first season because of they late start. As for administrators, no matter how weak they may be, how jealous or how bad they want to be “alpha dog”, they still have great influence, not sure a school board is going to get rid of any of their contracts....PR was just ranked in top 25 academically in the state....Remember these are Students first, athletes second in the eyes of everyone except some coaches. .And to void those contracts would put PR in a bigger mess, both financially and contractual. Four seats is not enough to flip a unanimous decision . These contracts are not year to year. Lawsuits would be in great abundance if you try to fire multiple administrators. The PR admin did not just make up these allegations. You just can’t do that. Where there is smoke...there is fire. There has to be some truth to it or the schools legal counsel would not have taken the steps of not renewing his contract.

Time to move on. The new HC has a lot of work to do and we are wasting his time with all this whiny stuff.

Last edited:
That’s the point, the kids are developed already. The facilities are there, the kids are committed, they get a good turn out for the teams on all levels. The work is already done essentially. New coach just needs to be at the very least competent. These seats are getting flipped, the whole community is about to be up in north park Tuesday to ensure that. That’s going to put the future of the administration in question. Those same higher ups won’t be there. He doesn’t wanna just suddenly stop a decade of hard work over some BS. He’s gonna fight until the bitter end and good for him
Jackey - I see the talent is there but a new qb in a new system , learning curve is an uphill battle, New language, reads, etc . Line play is huge and now their calls , reads, scheme change as well. On D coach K called the D and their game planning was spot on when I watched them play, adjustments were madE and it was very instrumental in their dominance. That put them in a position to succeed. Their conference blows and we know that I’m saying playoff teams can hang with them and good ones can beat them because of the time frame of this and the quality of the new coach and staff. State wide teams as well after wpial. I don’t know much about what Harrisburg has back but physical and athletic. Good bench mark to see.

I think they are going to win 4 new seats and there is one person on the board - maybe DiTullio - who is aligned with the 4 newcomers. If that happens, then they have 5.

Also, the Supt and Asst Supt contracts are up June 22. I've seen everywhere on social media that they just need to be told by the board that they are not coming back by 10/1. If that happens, contracts end. No harm no foul. (That's what happened to last Supt.)

Its possibly a perfect storm to flip admin. I agree that probably too late for Coach K this season, but in the longer term, the situation is potentially drastically different.

I think they are going to win 4 new seats and there is one person on the board - maybe DiTullio - who is aligned with the 4 newcomers. If that happens, then they have 5.

Also, the Supt and Asst Supt contracts are up June 22. I've seen everywhere on social media that they just need to be told by the board that they are not coming back by 10/1. If that happens, contracts end. No harm no foul. (That's what happened to last Supt.)

Its possibly a perfect storm to flip admin. I agree that probably too late for Coach K this season, but in the longer term, the situation is potentially drastically different.
So what new coach would put himself in a position to be let go the following year?
Probably going to ask for a multiyear contract.
Or maybe the current admin will offer multiyear just to make sure Coach K cant return. The fight has to be won now!

So what new coach would put himself in a position to be let go the following year?
Probably going to ask for a multiyear contract.
Or maybe the current admin will offer multiyear just to make sure Coach K cant return. The fight has to be won now!
There is probably some college looking for his expertise . An assistant position should be available somewhere in the state . Gabe Infante {St. Joes } and Steve Devlin {Wood} had offers after winning eras so why not coach K ?

There is probably some college looking for his expertise . An assistant position should be available somewhere in the state . Gabe Infante {St. Joes } and Steve Devlin {Wood} had offers after winning eras so why not coach K ?
Coach K would make a great college coach. When the crap first started hitting the fan at PR, Coach K interviewed for the LB coaching job at Pitt......High school coaches have made the jump before. Chris Herring from Mt. Lebo left and went to coach LB's at Pitt with Chryst, now they are both at Wisconsin. Bowen who use to coach Hempfield used to be at Waynesburg, Shepas was HC at Massillon in Ohio before becoming HC at Waynesburg. W & J has some former HC on their staff. That may be a great option for his talent.....and to get away from all this drama.

Last edited:
Coach K would make a great college coach. When the crap first started hitting the fan at PR, Coach K interviewed for the LB coaching job at Pitt......High school coaches have made the jump before. Chris Herring from Mt. Lebo left and went to coach LB's at Pitt with Chryst, now they are both at Wisconsin. Bowen who use to coach Hempfield used to be at Waynesburg, Shepas was HC at Massillon in Ohio before becoming HC at Waynesburg. W & J has some former HC on their staff. That may be a great option for his talent.
Then again.... That's Coach K's decision what he wants to do in life, not some administration's. If they are in the right then so be it. If they just didn't like him, then they got problems. The "oh he can get another coaching job" isn't a legal defense.

We've all read about other high school programs that have been subject to hazing scandals. Theyve been very descriptive, detailed and shocking. Nowhere have I read anything that this situation even comes close to previous hazing in other schools. You cant just say "hazing" or "it was bad" "right of passage""failed to report" or other buzz words to effect public opinion. .So to the posters who feel the need to defend the admin ....... LAY IT OUT... WHAT EXACTLY HAPPENED? AND MAKE SURE YOU WOULD WANT TO BE JUDGED BY THE ROCKS YOU THROW! .... WAITING...

Last edited:
it’s simple. The administration is not permitted to make a statement per the advice of their legal counsel. Again....the school would not have taken these steps without just cause. It’s just not possible, plain and simple. All they needed was one more incident. They had the recruiting incident, this added to that. Add his attitude in the meeting, apparently did not help. This is actually very common in schools, as most student information is protected by FERPA and HIPAA and other confidential laws. The only time you’ll find out anything is when it makes it way through the legal system. Once they laid out the alleged “hazing” claims and Coach acknowledged he could have handled it better. The administration had all they needed to not renew his contract. They broke no laws for airing on the side of caution.

Last edited:
"Lets call a meeting and bring him in for questioning. If he brings a lawyer, we'll say he lawyered up. After all who brings a lawyer if you are innocent. If he doesnt bring a lawyer, it'll be our word against him. We'll throw a bunch of PC BS at him to get him to lose his cool. That way we can say he's a hot head. Yup the pubic will buy it."
SEE.... ITS NOT HARD TO GET ANYONE!

it’s simple. The administration is not permitted to make a statement per the advice of their legal counsel. Again....the school would not have taken these steps without just cause. It’s just not possible, plain and simple. All they needed was one more incident. They had the recruiting incident, this added to that. Add his attitude in the meeting, apparently did not help. This is actually very common in schools, as most student information is protected by FERPA and HIPAA and other confidential laws. The only time you’ll find out anything is when it makes it way through the legal system. Once they laid out the alleged “hazing” claims and Coach acknowledged he could have handled it better. The administration had all they needed to not renew his contract. They broke no laws for airing on the side of caution.
NOT SO SIMPLE
Not permitted to make a statement /protected information.... FALSE
Recruiting incedent..... TELL US ALL ABOUT IT.
Attitude when defending oneself..... TOTAL BS
Common practice...... LAUGHABLE
Broke no laws...... AINT THAT SPECIAL

NOT SO SIMPLE
Not permitted to make a statement /protected information.... FALSE
Recruiting incedent..... TELL US ALL ABOUT IT.
Attitude when defending oneself..... TOTAL BS
Common practice...... LAUGHABLE
Broke no laws...... AINT THAT SPECIAL

When Lyons and Miller went on TV, they opened themselves up regarding #1

The coach who did the recruiting is at NA now. EK and the QB Coach were hired back in 2018, 2019, and 2020 after they finished their PiP.

Agree - attitude one is BS.

The way I understand it, the lawsuits are coming down to these things:

State lawsuit: Lyons, Miller and Salopek's statements on TV and to the kids.
Federal lawsuit: Something about how the board did not take action in public when deciding to reopen job.

The first one might get some $ and get those people out. The second one might get an injunction and get his job back. Long shot, but possible.

Reactions: wilson8500
When Lyons and Miller went on TV, they opened themselves up regarding #1

The coach who did the recruiting is at NA now. EK and the QB Coach were hired back in 2018, 2019, and 2020 after they finished their PiP.

Agree - attitude one is BS.

The way I understand it, the lawsuits are coming down to these things:

State lawsuit: Lyons, Miller and Salopek's statements on TV and to the kids.
Federal lawsuit: Something about how the board did not take action in public when deciding to reopen job.

The first one might get some $ and get those people out. The second one might get an injunction and get his job back. Long shot, but possible.
New2Pa.... agree
Im over 300 miles away, never met the coach and wouldnt know him if I saw him. Looking at this as a person from the outside is how a judge or jury will look at this situation. I think the the Three Stooges you refered to have some big time problems. They throw buzz words arround and claim they cant give detailed facts, which is totally false. They just cant reveal a student's name. Theyre playing whisper down the lane on this coach just to effect public opinion. These guys have to be some kind of stupid to do this knowing there's an election coming.

"Lets call a meeting and bring him in for questioning. If he brings a lawyer, we'll say he lawyered up. After all who brings a lawyer if you are innocent. If he doesnt bring a lawyer, it'll be our word against him. We'll throw a bunch of PC BS at him to get him to lose his cool. That way we can say he's a hot head. Yup the pubic will buy it."
SEE.... ITS NOT HARD TO GET ANYONE!
To be clear. I do not think Eric should have been fired, he is a great coach and mentor, but he gave them everything they needed..........from the trib.

The letter contained a list of findings the district said were CONFIRMED:

• “Incidents of hazing, ‘rites of passage,’ and intimidation occurred in and around the football program, particularly in the locker room for years.”

• “No consistent approach to locker room supervision by staff was provided and a portion of your response in your interview was, ‘you aren’t paying me enough to sit in the locker room and watch the kids.’”

• “At least five off-the-field fights occurred in and around the locker room or stadium over a period of years. One was reported to administration by a parent. Neither you nor any of the coaches on your staff reported these incidents to the director of athletics or administration.”

• “No reports were shared by you to the director of athletic or high school administration, including the fights, to ensure appropriate interventions and/or consequences were administered.”

• “Multiple students experienced harm from the behaviors and unsupervised environment over a period of years.”

• “Based on the professional judgment of those conducting your interview, you expressed minimal concern for the hazing or empathy for the students. Instead you responded with excuses and blame. At one point, you turned the questioning to Mrs. Bowman and asked about high school related experiences under her leadership.”

The school district’s investigation started with an initial “Nondiscrimination in School and Classroom Practice” complaint, which was confirmed, according to the letter.

The administration is not going to let the football staff run a school district.

Last edited:
Again
To be clear. I do not think Eric should have been fired, he is a great coach and mentor, but he gave them everything they needed..........from the trib.

The letter contained a list of findings the district said were CONFIRMED:

• “Incidents of hazing, ‘rites of passage,’ and intimidation occurred in and around the football program, particularly in the locker room for years.”

• “No consistent approach to locker room supervision by staff was provided and a portion of your response in your interview was, ‘you aren’t paying me enough to sit in the locker room and watch the kids.’”

• “At least five off-the-field fights occurred in and around the locker room or stadium over a period of years. One was reported to administration by a parent. Neither you nor any of the coaches on your staff reported these incidents to the director of athletics or administration.”

• “No reports were shared by you to the director of athletic or high school administration, including the fights, to ensure appropriate interventions and/or consequences were administered.”

• “Multiple students experienced harm from the behaviors and unsupervised environment over a period of years.”

• “Based on the professional judgment of those conducting your interview, you expressed minimal concern for the hazing or empathy for the students. Instead you responded with excuses and blame. At one point, you turned the questioning to Mrs. Bowman and asked about high school related experiences under her leadership.”

The school district’s investigation started with an initial “Nondiscrimination in School and Classroom Practice” complaint, which was confirmed, according to the letter.

The administration is not going to let the football staff run a school district.
I watched the news feed you posted...... BABBLE, TV sensationalism and PC rhetoric.
As for your facts ... 5 fights with one reported to the adm. Why did they not call the police on the one that was reported to them? Maybe because they thought it was so minor? I guess theyre going to produce hospital records for the injuries incured by the students ? Nope... go to the hospital and say "Ive been assaulted and the police must be called. There is no police reports. Just maybe the adm is calling a shoving match a fight. The man has been there 10 years. Unless Pine Richland is the new Stepford then things arent perfect.
And Coach ...please dont tell me you were in your player's locker room watching them. I would find that hard believe. Never in my life have I heard of a coach monitoring the boys locker room. That would be creepy.

Last edited:
Reactions: JACKY6996
Again

I watched the news feed you posted...... BABBLE, TV sensationalism and PC rhetoric.
As for your facts ... 5 fights with one reported to the adm. Why did they not call the police on the one that was reported to them? Maybe because they thought it was so minor? I guess theyre going to produce hospital records for the injuries incured by the students ? Nope... go to the hospital and say "Ive been assaulted and the police must be called. There is no police reports. Just maybe the adm is calling a shoving match a fight. The man has been there 10 years. Unless Rine Richland is the new Stepford then things arent perfect.
And Coach ...please dont tell me you were in your player's locker room watching them. I would find that hard believe. Never in my life have I heard of a coach monitoring the boys locker room. That would be creepy.
All the information I posted came from the Pittsburgh Tribune Review, which confirmed all the information they presented in the news article...Personally, I’ve seen dozen of fights occur at school with police never getting involved unless the parents press charges or there is bodily harm or a weapon was used. Students are usually suspended out of school for a period of time, unless parents push it. Some fights were never reported to admin. Maybe if the admin knew they would have been reported to the police. Even though it may have been a minor incident to you or me, it did occur and they are holding Eric accountable. Again, in today’s litigious society, people-admin-coaches, just can’t let this happen. There are overly sensitive people out there, especially in education. The HC is responsible for everything that happens. It cost him his job.

Last edited:
Suspensions now? ..... Not buyng it... no police reports, they would have certainly mentioned suspensions.
So who are they going to get to volunteer to watch the boys locker room? Or maybe theyll pay someone. Might be harder to find than a new coach. That guy will be labeled a "pervert" and he'll never live it down. Why else would someone take that job? There we go again... Pittsburgh whisper down the lane Part II.
The bottom line question is.... will the people of Pine Richland roll over for the PC crowd or will they say "we've had enough".
"Iron City" ... boy that term isnt gonna be arround for long.

Suspensions now? ..... Not buyng it... no police reports, they would have certainly mentioned suspensions.
So who are they going to get to volunteer to watch the boys locker room? Or maybe theyll pay someone. Might be harder to find than a new coach. That guy will be labeled a "pervert" and he'll never live it down. Why else would someone take that job? There we go again... Pittsburgh whisper down the lane Part II.
The bottom line question is.... will the people of Pine Richland roll over for the PC crowd or will they say "we've had enough".
"Iron City" ... boy that term isnt gonna be arround for long.
It states that Coach K and staff NEVER reported the fights to the administration. That is a huge liability issue. That’s enough not to renew his contract.

If the staff would’ve reported the fights, there may have been suspensions, or police reports. Since the staff never reported the incidents to admin. No reports. Direct quote from the TribLive..........“No reports were shared by you to the director of athletic or high school administration, including the fights, to ensure appropriate interventions and/or consequences were administered.”

They have already rolled over at PR.

Last edited:
It states that Coach K and staff NEVER reported the fights to the administration. That is a huge liability issue. That’s enough not to renew his contract.
if the staff would’ve reported the fights, there may have been suspensions, or police reports. Since the staff never reported the incidents to admin.No reports.

They have already rolled over at PR.
Thats my point.... the adm didnt think that the one that was reported was worth doing anything about. Double standard... one for them and one for the coach. And who says any of the other fights were reported to the coach? Talk about just making it up as you go along.
One day youre a geeky sophomore and the next thing you know youre one of the cool seniors. They better have witnesses who are WILLING to testify and arent suffering from buyers remorse. I dont like what they are doing to the one kid that was made their scapegoat. Sounds like he was led down a path (by a lawyer or educator) that a young person shouldnt be on. They didnt tell the kid that their ultimate goal was to can the coach. Sounds like theyd do just about anything to reach that goal. The whole thing smells!

Last edited:
Reactions: lilromeo
Thats my point.... the adm didnt think that the one that was reported was worth doing anything about. Double standard... one for them and one for the coach. And who says any of the other fights were reported to the coach? Talk about just making it up as you go along.
One day youre a geeky sophomore and the next thing you know youre one of the cool seniors. They better have witnesses who are WILLING to testify and arent suffering from buyers remorse. I dont like what they are doing to the one kid that was made their scapegoat. Sounds like he was led down a path (by a lawyer or educator) that a young person shouldnt be on. They didnt tell the kid that their ultimate goal was to can the coach. Sounds like theyd do just about anything to reach that goal. The whole thing smells!
Again, you can be fired for failure to report an incident. It says that all their information is confirmed, meaning it was documented by someone. Eric probably thought he handled appropriately, like most coaches would have. They have already collected all the statements and information they needed to make the decision, or else they would not have posted the job. I am sure they made a kid the scapegoat, they got the information they wanted ad ran with it. They would have done anything to get rid of him...all he had to do was slip up. He gave them an opening. Nothing worse than a jealous administrator, who somehow rallied an unanimous vote to not rehire.

The beauty of what is about to happen, is it really doesn't matter what admin claimed was "confirmed" by them. Someone else who does this for a living is going to confirm what happened.

Tomorrow will tell more with the vote. If the 4 new people get elected, its going to be a rough 1 or 6 more years for admin. They will be pummeled at every turn. Every day.

And always remember, the SB members are the ones that live in the community, who's kids are getting picked on, who's friends look at them sideways at the grocery store. You think they give a $%&* about 3 administrators who don't live in P-R? I don't.

It matters very much what was confirmed in the investigation. That is exactly why they performed an investigation. If it was "confirmed" it means they verified the statements. Someone at sometime went on record with these allegations. You do not just come to a unanimous decision with no evidence. Every single administrator, school board member, as well as the school's attorney, looked at the results of the investigation and rendered their decision. An arbitrator will look at both sides of evidence and make a decision. What hurts is Coach K first and foremost is that he was not fired, his contract was not renewed. Second, Coach K's personal acknowledgment of....... “You aren’t paying me enough to sit in the locker room and watch the kids.” ........That hurts............. “The items we were discussing reflected poorly on myself and my staff and I was not able to properly control my negative emotions. My conduct was not close to the level of professional discourse I expect from myself — nor those I supervise in my education career.”......that won't help his cause....“I understand I made a few mistakes over the years in regards to management of assistant coaches and operational issues." ......Not doing himself any favors.......Lyons said the decision not to renew the contracts of the coaching staff came after a THREE-MONTH investigation into SPECIFIC allegations of inappropriate student conduct and a broader allegation of misconduct within the football program, including, but not limited to hazing, bullying, intimidation, and rites of passage. The school board did their due diligence in investigation the incidents that were reported to them.

Not sure a school board is willing to part ways with a Superintendent that led the school into a top 25 ranking. A superintendent that is under contract until June 2022 and slated to make over $168,000. A contract that 6 school board members approved ( 3 were not present) and some of them are still on the school board. I just do not see the school board flipping on a superintendent that has accomplished so much for the district and that is still under contract. It will be much easier to pay Coach K the 11k, then to break the contract of an administrator making 168K. They would rather face a lawsuit from a coach no longer under contract, then an administrator that still has one.

I think the school board members care very much about such a successful administration. I think they may put education before athletics. There are over 1,500 students at PR, about 80 football players. Academics will always be the priority. There is no way that they will let football trump academics. It sends the wrong message in their eyes. Then already made their decision to move. Any lawsuits filed will take time, maybe years, to go through the court system and an injunction only halts all team activities, which again, only hurts the kids.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT