ADVERTISEMENT

Matt Zollers

newport

Nov 22, 2002
This kid has been rising steadily in the rankings in his class. The SpringFord QB is rated as high as the 17th best player in the class of 25 by On3. Georgia, PSU, Florida offers among many others.

I've never seen him play live but looks like I'll have to take a roadtrip this upcoming season. Has anyone seen him live? Is the hype real? Seems like a few years ago, a recruit like this would be talked about alot on here. Havent seen his name mentioned once

Reactions: Aragorn
He’s a great player in a pretty bad conference (SF and PV are the only real competitive teams in that league). PJP is in the smaller conference so they’d only them if they matched up in the crossover week at the end of the season.

With that said, SF has consistently challenged themselves in their non-league schedule. I can think of Manheim Twp, Cumberland Valley and Governor Mifflin just last year (obviously GM wasn’t great - but you get my point).

On top of that, the PAC and Ches-Mont have a scheduling alliance this year. I know SF drew DTW and DTE (I don’t recall the third team). I also think they play Easton Week 2 if I remember correctly.

All in all, yes he’s an outstanding player and definitely worth checking out live. Tall, long, fast, big time arm, accurate, smart player. SF has quietly built a really nice program, they just can’t get it done in the District playoffs. I think there’s a general lack of toughness with their inability to consistently run the ball/stop the run once the weather gets cold come playoff time. They run a spread/wide open offense. I could be wrong, but that’s just my general observation.

Must be something to this crazy rise over the past few months. Saw some of the MT and CBS games on web, both losses.

No shame in losing to a solid MT squad away, but looked a bit overwhelmed at times.
SF 28
MT 63

CBS won D1, so they were solid. But, only putting up 19 at home doesn't align with an all-world QB prospect.
CBS 35
SF 19

Lost to PJPII (AAAA) in a close one at home. 28-27

Every major recruiting service has him as a top 10 QB in his class as of today. What's a little weird to me is that players usually make big jumps during the camp circuit when scouts/colleges can see them up close and in person against his peers. For this kind of jump after the season, his junior highlight year film must of been incredible to go along with his camp performances.

Again, I've never seen him live. Just clips and articles and highlight films on the internet. Maybe he had a few down games like most kids do. Just find it hard to believe that Georgia, and other national brands, are offering a scholly to a so so kid from Pa

Reactions: Fletchster1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT