ADVERTISEMENT

Aliquippa forced up again? PIAA wrong or right?

Wow so with all those kids already there now this article has another from seton la salle and a freshman from Central Valley. That’s like what 10 or 11 now since january. Over half their line up is going to be moveins next year. Ridiculous.
Next stop St. Joes Prep. Lets go Quips

Reactions: new2pa
Next stop St. Joes Prep. Lets go Quips
SJP will still mercy rule them unless they get lucky like PR and Mt. Lebanon and play them when they are young and rebuilding

and when they get mercy ruled, they'll still pretend SJP had major unfair advantages and the Quips are so "courageous" for playing a much bigger school

SJP will still mercy rule them unless they get lucky like PR and Mt. Lebanon and play them when they are young and rebuilding

and when they get mercy ruled, they'll still pretend SJP had major unfair advantages and the Quips are so "courageous" for playing a much bigger school.
1. Nice try on the click bait in para 1.

2. Absolutely true on para 2. Lots of bitching and moaning between now and then. Gonna be great to watch. Lol.

We'll see what's left of St. Joe's after St. Eds pounds them. Hope they survive. And about the Quips. I doubt they get out of the West and maybe not the Wpial with a big surprise lurking.

We'll see what's left of St. Joe's after St. Eds pounds them. Hope they survive. And about the Quips. I doubt they get out of the West and maybe not the Wpial with a big surprise lurking.
crazy- apparently "court was in session" today, in Beaver County Court- as per Pgh media- Harlan-trib and White-PG. Crazy. If they "stay" for now? That would require changing like 20-30 team schedules??

Reactions: Stalker
Central Valley is no longer co testing their two transfers to Aliquippa. Those kids will more than likely be eligible to play. Work and Ellerbee.

PCC I’m sure won’t contest their kid who left to go back to Quips. Getting interesting. Putting WPIAL in tough spot.

I’ve never heard non conference games called exhibition before. Maybe has something to do with LeDonne being a Quip.

Reactions: bucksftball
I’ve never heard non conference games called exhibition before. Maybe has something to do with LeDonne being a Quip.
haha no- exhibition was just my term- a sign of me being older than 30- i think i read it on snapface or instabook

those cheaters will get what they deserve sooner or later
"cheaters?"

i dont totally disagree brad- but this is little harsh- Aliquippa is a transient community, families that "bend rules" and have a great "program," but they also has minimal resources

My guess is this describes lots of people and communities across the state and country. Maybe "cheating" and unfair to bend the rules, but maybe also unfair that their HS has minimal resources??

"cheaters?"

i dont totally disagree brad- but this is little harsh- Aliquippa is a transient community, families that "bend rules" and have a great "program," but they also has minimal resources

My guess is this describes lots of people and communities across the state and country. Maybe "cheating" and unfair to bend the rules, but maybe also unfair that their HS has minimal resources??
Transient or using a cousin's address?

"cheaters?"

funny how nearby New Brighton or Beaver don't benefit from being "transient" communities, and it's all just a big coincidence these kids move to Aliquippa and not Hopewell or Ambridge next door right?

funny how nearby New Brighton or Beaver don't benefit from being "transient" communities, and it's all just a big coincidence these kids move to Aliquippa and not Hopewell or Ambridge next door right?
sure yes the quips break and bend rules, but first- the families might bend rules by using a shaky address- but im sure lots of times, the coaches are not "seeking and recruiting kids" im sure most people know that's "the place to go" to championships and get recruited for college. Also, the demographics of Aliquippa is very different than all those other communities- so yes, more transient people in Aliquippa.

Reactions: lilromeo
sure yes the quips break and bend rules, but first- the families might bend rules by using a shaky address- but im sure lots of times, the coaches are not "seeking and recruiting kids" im sure most people know that's "the place to go" to championships and get recruited for college. Also, the demographics of Aliquippa is very different than all those other communities- so yes, more transient people in Aliquippa.
I know Hopewell is the "white section" of Aliquippa but aren't the others similar to Aliquippa?

I know Hopewell is the "white section" of Aliquippa but aren't the others similar to Aliquippa?
ambridge is the most similar but still not as "distressed"- Aliquippa is very different than Beaver and Hopewell. Aliquippa has higher poverty and more single-parent homes- and much higher population loss than the others- Hopewell actually increased from 2010 to 2020. Aliquippa, since 1970 pop has gone from 22000 to 9000. And, that means- lots of homes went empty- then became cheap rentals. This town was crushed greatly with closure of steel industry.

All of this=more transient

ambridge is the most similar but still not as "distressed"- Aliquippa is very different than Beaver and Hopewell. Aliquippa has higher poverty and more single-parent homes- and much higher population loss than the others- Hopewell actually increased from 2010 to 2020. Aliquippa, since 1970 pop has gone from 22000 to 9000. And, that means- lots of homes went empty- then became cheap rentals. This town was crushed greatly with closure of steel industry.

All of this=more transient
Why don't hear of the word transient when we bring up Clairton, McKeesport, Monessen, etc?

Clairton had 20k in 1950 and now has under 6k.

McKeesport had 55k at it's peak and is around 17k now.

Monessen is in the same boat as are a bunch of other Mon Valley towns.

Why don't hear of the word transient when we bring up Clairton, McKeesport, Monessen, etc?

so steel- is your point, that you agree w brad- that Aliquippa is a "bunch of cheaters?"

I've always said if you want another sjp open a private school in beaver county. Can you imagine pulling all the best players from central valley, beaver falls, and Allquippa. Another area where you could have a football power is in Sharon Pa or hickory pa. You could pull the best athletes from Sharon, hickory, Wilmington, and the Youngstown / Boardman oh.

so steel- is your point, that you agree w brad- that Aliquippa is a "bunch of cheaters?"
They've got a great football culture for sure but schools with 1A enrollment don't have access to year in and year out talent like Quip has had for awhile now. I've known several kids who used an address but slept in another district.

I was actually thinking of Clairton and their winning streak recently, is it coincidence that streak started right when Duquesne closed? it was said they mostly went to West Mifflin and East Allegheny but they could've gone anywhere

I was actually thinking of Clairton and their winning streak recently, is it coincidence that streak started right when Duquesne closed? it was said they mostly went to West Mifflin and East Allegheny but they could've gone anywhere
lol yes that is very possible Clairton got Duquesne kids- it's the "sending school" that has to approve it- there WAS NO sending school after Duquesne closed

It surely didn't hurt that Duquesne wasn't around during that run. I'm not sure they could have gone anywhere legally. WM and EA were the only schools that sponsored those kids.
lol yes that is very possible Clairton got Duquesne kids- it's the "sending school" that has to approve it- there WAS NO sending school after Duquesne closed
If those kids had Duquesne addresses they could and can only attend WM or EA. The state funded it that way, unless they were willing to pay tuition at another school. A lot of people don't realize that you can transfer to any school if you're willing to pay tuition. There aren't many Duquesne athletes at EA and haven't been for awhile at least football player-wise.

But, there weren't Duquesne kids on the Boyd era teams. Those kids had some kind of crazy midget football record growing up way before they entered HS.

The team that lost some talent in that area was South Allegheny. At one time they had both Dana Brown (Iowa) and Shane Brooks (PITT) on the same team, prior to them transferring to Clairton and Duquesne. SA also had Quinton Martin in the district as well obviously later.

It surely didn't hurt that Duquesne wasn't around during that run. I'm not sure they could have gone anywhere legally. WM and EA were the only schools that sponsored those kids.

If those kids had Duquesne addresses they could and can only attend WM or EA. The state funded it that way, unless they were willing to pay tuition at another school. A lot of people don't realize that you can transfer to any school if you're willing to pay tuition. There aren't many Duquesne athletes at EA and haven't been for awhile at least football player-wise.

But, there weren't Duquesne kids on the Boyd era teams. Those kids had some kind of crazy midget football record growing up way before they entered HS.

The team that lost some talent in that area was South Allegheny. At one time they had both Dana Brown (Iowa) and Shane Brooks (PITT) on the same team, prior to them transferring to Clairton and Duquesne. SA also had Quinton Martin in the district as well obviously later.
steel- i had heard that Martin previously attended Monessen? is that not accurate?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT