ADVERTISEMENT

PA Preps High School Football Talk

PAPreps.com

Jul 20, 2017
Find out what some of the top players in the state are saying about football now!

......................................................................................................

Q&A with Hickory offensive center Luke Lewis
What have you been doing as of late with off-season workouts?
“Not just me but our whole team has been working hard this off season. We got right back to work in January after a long football season into December. Coach Emil, our strength coach, has been working us hard and he will have us ready come August.”

What do you feel you have improved on most since last football season?
“The thing I feel like I have improved on most is my speed. Working in Wexford with former Steelers offensive lineman John Kolb has definitely helped me and the things I have learned from him are crucial when it comes to getting faster. Coach Emil always says there’s nothing scarier than a big man that can move, so that’s what I have been trying to be.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“I have very high hopes for our team next season. We are returning our whole offensive line and defensive line, which is a privilege that many teams are not going to have. I think our team should make another good run and hopefully defend that district 10 title, but with the talent we have I think we could go much farther than just a district title.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“Our schedule has changed a lot this year with the new regions coming out. I think our rival games are always going to be tough ones. Sharon always puts up a great fight, and opening weekend Saturday night at Farrell could be one of the best matchups of the year, and I think we are all pretty pumped up for that.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“The toughest player I think our team will have to match up again this year would probably be Brandon Chambers or Juju Phillips from Farrell. They are both super talented guys and hard to bring down so that should be a good challenge for us. As a lineman, one of the toughest linemen out there is Brody Miller from Sharon. He gets off the ball fast and he gets to the ball fast. He’s a tough one to block so that is always a good matchup to see.”

......................................................................................................
Q&A with Jim Thorpe wide receiver Justin Yescavage
“As of late I have been in track along with an explosive and speed based weightlifting program.”

“I feel my route running has become much better and I have gained 20 lbs since the end of last season to be better equipped to run through tackles.”

“I feel that my team will be competitive in our new, tougher division and will excel as our season goes on.”

“The toughest team in our schedule will be Northwestern Lehigh as we are aware of their season last year and the winning tradition in the town.”

“Offensively we will struggle against Eli Zimmerman as he is a corner with sound footwork that attacks the ball in the air and separates the hands well.”

Q&A with Mohawk Area athlete Bobby Fadden
“Well I’m in baseball right now and also doing track so there is no off season for me because I’m always in a season.”

“My hand eye coordination and tracking the ball down while showing my hands late and high pointing the ball.”

“I feel that we will do pretty good, just going to have to grind losing a lot of seniors. When you lose seniors that played your putting in new kids that haven’t played varsity yet and it could be a lot and it is we all need to stay together and grind it out do whatever to win.”

“Personally I think Ellwood is going to be really tough, they are returning a lot of juniors from last year.”

“Joey Nail, he is a very tough kid, had an amazing year last year, 120 some tackles, just a competitive kid will do whatever it takes.”

Q&A with Cocalico cornerback Brayden Eppinette
“Lifting and working out with Avory Cole with Parisi.”

“Playing man to man at cornerback.”

“I think we will do well.”

“The toughest team we will play will be Central.”

“The toughest player we will play will be Brody Daughtery, Braden Brown, Johnny Garcia.”

Q&A with Spring Grove wide receiver Bredon Smith
“I have been working with my track coach for my speed and power.”

“I feel like my speed has gotten a lot faster since last year.”

“I feel like our team will do better this year. We got a new coach last season and I feel like he knows us better this year and will know how to use everyone more effectively.”

“Central York is probably the toughest team on the schedule this year.”

“Michael Scott from Dallastown is always a tough player to face against.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News