ADVERTISEMENT

Q&A with Hickory offensive center Luke Lewis

PAPreps.com

Jul 20, 2017
What have you been doing as of late with off-season workouts?
“Not just me but our whole team has been working hard this off season. We got right back to work in January after a long football season into December. Coach Emil, our strength coach, has been working us hard and he will have us ready come August.”

What do you feel you have improved on most since last football season?
“The thing I feel like I have improved on most is my speed. Working in Wexford with former Steelers offensive lineman John Kolb has definitely helped me and the things I have learned from him are crucial when it comes to getting faster. Coach Emil always says there’s nothing scarier than a big man that can move, so that’s what I have been trying to be.”

How do you feel your team will do next football season?
“I have very high hopes for our team next season. We are returning our whole offensive line and defensive line, which is a privilege that many teams are not going to have. I think our team should make another good run and hopefully defend that district 10 title, but with the talent we have I think we could go much farther than just a district title.”

What team do you feel will be the toughest competition on your schedule?
“Our schedule has changed a lot this year with the new regions coming out. I think our rival games are always going to be tough ones. Sharon always puts up a great fight, and opening weekend Saturday night at Farrell could be one of the best matchups of the year, and I think we are all pretty pumped up for that.”

Who is the toughest individual player your team will face off against?
“The toughest player I think our team will have to match up again this year would probably be Brandon Chambers or Juju Phillips from Farrell. They are both super talented guys and hard to bring down so that should be a good challenge for us. As a lineman, one of the toughest linemen out there is Brody Miller from Sharon. He gets off the ball fast and he gets to the ball fast. He’s a tough one to block so that is always a good matchup to see.”

Do you want to play sports in college? If so, which one?
“I am looking forward to playing college football. It’s been something I have been wanting to do since I put the pads on for the first time and fell in love with the game.”

What colleges have been recruiting you?
“I haven’t been recruited a whole lot. I am looking forward to a big junior season so hopefully my answer to the question will be different next year.”

What school is recruiting you the hardest?
“N/A.”

Have you made any college trips yet?
“I have made a few college trips. I went to Pitt to watch their spring practice, and the following weekend I went to Penn State for their blue and white game. They were two great experiences for me and I hope to be back at some point next year.”

Do you have plans for more trips soon?
“I don’t have any plans for trips to colleges for this year, I do have some camps lined up for the summer though.”

What camps are you planning to do this summer?
“I plan on attending Northwestern, West Virginia, Notre Dame, Pitt, Penn State, Buffalo, and hopefully make it to a mega camp at some point throughout the summer.”

Did you have a favorite college growing up?
“I grew up watching Penn State football and Ohio state. That was more family influenced though, when it came to picking my own favorite team Michigan was definitely number 1.”

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News