ADVERTISEMENT

Prep-Wood game

Should be a barn burner...Wood usually ranked in top 3 in southeastern PA or in state at any level, not in anyone's top 25 in southeastern pa.

No one in the PCL or state will stay within 3-4 TDs of SJP. They are that good. There’s a good argument to be made for LaSalle being the second best team in the state and it was a running clock against Prep. Wood will be lucky if it isn’t a running clock at halftime.

I'd like to pass a resolution halting the rhetoric Lasalle is second best team in state. Lot's of ball to play out.

PCLfan

Totally agree, they are maybe a top ten team in 6A, but some other class teams better as well. But plenty of football left to establich their ranking.

However, they are probably a 2-3 TD touchdown favorite vs Wood this year who they have not beaten in last 4 chances since drew gordon was coach.

Tonight will tell where Wood really is, but the LS/Wood game looms very large for LS. As it stands now I completely agree LS 2-3 td fave going in. This is a huge game for LS. Legitimizes their position.

I don't think ls beating this years wood team legitmizes their position even if they win by 3-4 scores, or mercy rule. If they struggle or do not dominate, it will tell you more.

Reactions: pclfan1
How is this a big game for LaSalle ? What position are they trying to legitimize? They will make the PCL playoffs and either play St Joe’s in the semis or finals , which would make that their biggest game of the year. In fact , an argument can be made that if they have any players banged up or hurt that they should rest them since the game means nothing.

You know it is a meaningless game, I know it is a meaningless game. The constant rhetoric of a team being second best in Pa for lord knows what reason means beating a team that you haven't beat in years may be important.

Sorry, Prep up 27-0....2 min left in half....Would be 42-0 if prep QB was not way off... Screen passes only. Not impressed.

Reactions: Relayer
Mercy rule at half 35-0, with prep not playing their best and a couple bad penalties.

Mercy rule at half 35-0, with prep not playing their best and a couple bad penalties.
True that McCord hasn't been sharp, but it's hard to be sharp in a mismatch--and there are at least three straight weeks of more mismatches ahead. Any way for a team to try to stay sharp and avoid injuries?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT