ADVERTISEMENT

Prep-Pine Richland

A few PR guys are really sick right now, including jurkovec. If they aren’t healthy by next weekend this game may not live up to the hype, I think Prep might roll. To early to tell now.

16 games is a long haul for most high school kids. Injuries, sickness and fatigue (mental and physical ) start to be a factor. Execution can become a problem. Good luck next week. I’ll be rooting for you. Watch out for those blocked punts. Could be an issue.

Prep's only played 13 games, they know how to pace themselves.

16 games is a long haul for most high school kids. Injuries, sickness and fatigue (mental and physical ) start to be a factor. Execution can become a problem. Good luck next week. I’ll be rooting for you. Watch out for those blocked punts. Could be an issue.

They’ve been realatively healthy injury wise this year besides a few knicks here and there, whatever illness is hitting them now though played a big factor today because imo they did not play great at all on offense. Despite this jurkovec still played a great game even though the scoreboard wouldn’t show. The blocked punts are the least of the worry, the O line has been downright awful imo these past two games. These prep kids are gonna eat them alive if they don’t play the way they were playing before.

They’ve been realatively healthy injury wise this year besides a few knicks here and there, whatever illness is hitting them now though played a big factor today because imo they did not play that great at all on offense as a team. jurkovec however still played a great game ill even though the scoreboard wouldn’t show. The blocked punts are the least of the worry, the O line has been downright awful imo these past two games. These prep kids are gonna eat them alive if they don’t play the way they were playing before.

Jacky is right. Jurkovec was running for his life in the first half. They need to improve / get back to how they were playing. I don't know what it is. Its not like any of these past couple teams had kids that looked any bigger or better than NA or PCC.

Reactions: JACKY6996
A few PR guys are really sick right now, including jurkovec. If they aren’t healthy by next weekend this game may not live up to the hype, I think Prep might roll. To early to tell now.

JACKY,
You're confusing me.. what type of systemic illness has infiltrated the Ram's squad that will have them out of commission through a 2 week window?
I know of no significant volume of true "flu" running through SEPA currently, is it out West? Haven't heard of any pandemic Malaria going through Gibsonia of late either?
The few times I've seen them on TV, I really like how your boys play. All things "equal" this game could be an all-time classic! I see snow in the forecast for Hershey this weekend?... Would probably consider Prep an "any weather" type team, guess we'll see how it plays out..

Last edited:
Reactions: Relayer
Read the PG article about Jurkovec-hope he is 100% for Saturday. Want to see both teams at their best-this matchup has been talked about for so long, would hate to see it without the stars playing.

JACKY,
You're confusing me.. what type of systemic illness has infiltrated the Ram's squad that will have them out of commission through a 2 week window?
I know of no significant volume of true "flu" running through SEPA currently, is it out West? Haven't heard of any pandemic Malaria going through Gibsonia of late either?
The few times I've seen them on TV, I really like how your boys play. All things "equal" this game could be an all-time classic! I see snow in the forecast for Hershey this weekend?... Would probably consider Prep an "any weather" type team, guess we'll see how it plays out..

Supposedly they thought jurkovec had mono because one of the receivers had it or whatever. Something nasty is going around their lockeroom. Jurkovec supposedly lost ten pounds and said in the post gazette article he was drained after the game. It certainly doesn't help that their line was letting him get hit and run for his life. The issue rn starts their and if it isn't improved prep is gonna win by multiple scores. When PR at 100% and everyone clicking they will beat SJP if you ask me, PR defense is good enough to stop SJP and get their offense on the field and coatsville exposed their defense. We will see what happens this week and I will try to update as I hear more.

Supposedly they thought jurkovec had mono because one of the receivers had it or whatever. Something nasty is going around their lockeroom. Jurkovec supposedly lost ten pounds and said in the post gazette article he was drained after the game. It certainly doesn't help that their line was letting him get hit and run for his life. The issue rn starts their and if it isn't improved prep is gonna win by multiple scores. When PR at 100% and everyone clicking they will beat SJP if you ask me, PR defense is good enough to stop SJP and get their offense on the field and coatsville exposed their defense. We will see what happens this week and I will try to update as I hear more.
Jacky - Please stop the excuses. Everyone should be fine by game time. PR is real, real good but also beatable when healthy. I saw them 3 times live and their D is vulnerable. I saw SJP a handful of times and they have the ability to shut down that O or keep pace. SJP In a close one ...

Jacky - Please stop the excuses. Everyone should be fine by game time. PR is real, real good but also beatable when healthy. I saw them 3 times live and their D is vulnerable. I saw SJP a handful of times and they have the ability to shut down that O or keep pace. SJP In a close one ...

How are these excuses? I'm stating facts. I already said if PR isn't healthy I don't expect them to win. That's my view on this. With the way coatsville lit them up you think if they play jurkovec healthy that it's gonna be easier?

Jacky- I’m saying we have a week, who won’t be healthy?
If jurkovec has mono you seriously think he will be 100% in a week? He lost ten pounds. I sure hope they all are but if they aren't it's going to be a factor that I don't think you can ignore. I will update as I hear more as the days go by. I'm hopeful both teams are fully healthy so this game lives up to its hype.

Jacky- it is very hard to catch mono off a teammate. Healthy or hurting he is the best qb I have seen in a long ass time. That being said PR D is vulnerable. Lebo and NA Times two were the games I attended. I hope the kid is ready to go. I still say in an upset , prep wins a close one.

How are these excuses? I'm stating facts. I already said if PR isn't healthy I don't expect them to win. That's my view on this. With the way coatsville lit them up you think if they play jurkovec healthy that it's gonna be easier?

I have seen both teams at least 5 times, I will say this, Pine Richland has zero receivers with the speed of Coatesville(healthy or not), Pine Richland will score but will it be enough. You would expect SJP defense to play much better. My guess SJP didn't realize how fast Coatesville really is. Anyway you look at it, the game should be a good one. Jacky you have been on here saying how great PR is, don't change your tune now. SJP just went against one of the most athletic QB's in awhile. They will have a tough time with Jurkovec because he's that good, the nice thing playing against Ortega the week before will be helpful. BTW you talk like Coatesville was some garbage team, as your quote "lit up the scoreboard" would suggest?

Jacky- it is very hard to catch mono off a teammate. Healthy or hurting he is the best qb I have seen in a long ass time. That being said PR D is vulnerable. Lebo and NA Times two were the games I attended. I hope the kid is ready to go. I still say in an upset , prep wins a close one.

Article by post gazette says doctors said it could be mono or lymes disease. I'm going off that and I know that someone else had it too. I agree with that statement even sick he still played a pretty good game yesterday; most healthy QB's don't have that kind of game he did sick. SJP does not run the type of offense NA runs, and against lebo they were without kenny white and lebo had a stud WR that put up insane numbers and burned their defense that game. I think if they had white shadowing that kid he woudn't have gone off the way he did and lebo wouldn't have had the success they did. PR D has played well against all other spread teams this season I honestly think they matchup well against SJP. thats just my opinion however.

I have seen both teams at least 5 times, I will say this, Pine Richland has zero receivers with the speed of Coatesville(healthy or not), Pine Richland will score but will it be enough. You would expect SJP defense to play much better. My guess SJP didn't realize how fast Coatesville really is. Anyway you look at it, the game should be a good one. Jacky you have been on here saying how great PR is, don't change your tune now. SJP just went against one of the most athletic QB's in awhile. They will have a tough time with Jurkovec because he's that good, the nice thing playing against Ortega the week before will be helpful. BTW you talk like Coatesville was some garbage team, as your quote "lit up the scoreboard" would suggest?

PR has speed though. It may not be like coatsville but they have speed and athletes. They also have the one of the best running tandems in the state with jordan crawford and kenny white (crawford may be the fastest player on the field). Add in jurkovec's legs also. PR has been great I'm not changing my words at all LOL. All I'm saying is that if PR has people sick like this it would be stupid to sit here and think it's not going to have an affect on the gane. And honestly if PR loses I think it will be because of their line which has been bad these past two games. Also never said coatsville was garbage either. Thanks for twisting my words though.

Jacky - I know NA well and they run multiple sets. I also know Cain and Lebo and they are very one dimensional in O. They are pretty weak on D. Kapser is an awesome coach and they are a great squad sick or healthy. THe WPIAL is down this year and you know it, NA is and so is Pgh CC. I think SJP national schedule plus playing Lasalle twice and Wood will have them ready. It will be fun to watch...

Jacky - I know NA well and they run multiple sets. I also know Cain and Lebo and they are very one dimensional in O. They are pretty weak on D. Kapser is an awesome coach and they are a great squad sick or healthy. THe WPIAL is down this year and you know it, NA is and so is Pgh CC. I think SJP national schedule plus playing Lasalle twice and Wood will have them ready. It will be fun to watch...

NA was easily the second best after PR, they lost to pcc and bethel early on and then they got their offense rolling after those games. I don’t think it should be all to surprising they gave PR a closer game than most. I honestly changed my view from the beginning of the year I don’t think NA was as bad as people think.

Jacky - I agree and Walker is as good as a coach as you will see. He does have all those Steelers kids on his team, Porter brothers, Tuman brothers , Hoke, I really liked Turner White but I though overall the WPIAL is down. Bethel is not that good and beat NA. Any way Jurc is the best I have seen in person since Marino. Marino could run back in the day before he hurt his knees.Kenny White is good but I’ll take Crawford over that cry baby any day of the week! BEst of luck to both teams! It will be fun to watch.

Mono I could see infiltrating a group of players, certainly as to it's mode of transmission. If so, that would be a real shame. Easy way to find out, I'm sure they've been serum tested. If that's the case, recovery could be weeks or more depending upon the severity. Lyme could mimic some of the same early symptoms but wouldn't make it's way through a locker room unless multiple boys infected by different Deer ticks. Lab testing may not be 100 % conclusive, especially early onset infection. They probably ran Lyme titers as to the work-up for fatigue/malaise/weight loss. If Mono is diagnosed, there are potential secondary manifestations (more clinically significant) that could preclude his further participation in any near future athletic event.

I hope for the Jurkovec boy, it's a full recovery to what ever the ailment might be..

Article by post gazette says doctors said it could be mono or lymes disease. I'm going off that and I know that someone else had it too. I agree with that statement even sick he still played a pretty good game yesterday; most healthy QB's don't have that kind of game he did sick. SJP does not run the type of offense NA runs, and against lebo they were without kenny white and lebo had a stud WR that put up insane numbers and burned their defense that game. I think if they had white shadowing that kid he woudn't have gone off the way he did and lebo wouldn't have had the success they did. PR D has played well against all other spread teams this season I honestly think they matchup well against SJP. thats just my opinion however.

PR has speed though. It may not be like coatsville but they have speed and athletes. They also have the one of the best running tandems in the state with jordan crawford and kenny white (crawford may be the fastest player on the field). Add in jurkovec's legs also. PR has been great I'm not changing my words at all LOL. All I'm saying is that if PR has people sick like this it would be stupid to sit here and think it's not going to have an affect on the gane. And honestly if PR loses I think it will be because of their line which has been bad these past two games. Also never said coatsville was garbage either. Thanks for twisting my words though.
You gave Coatesville zero credit! You have talked all year like PR could'nt be beat. You give SJP no chance if you guys ARE HEALTHY. At the end of the day, there is a reason SJP is in this game, they will be ready! Hopefully you guys are healthy!

You gave Coatesville zero credit! You have talked all year like PR could'nt be beat. You give SJP no chance if you guys ARE HEALTHY. At the end of the day, there is a reason SJP is in this game, they will be ready! Hopefully you guys are healthy!
Coatesville had such a multiple of fast players. With that being said, and the tone that 'they were in the game', I would say they could beat PR. It would be a shoot out, but they would be there. I've seen a lot of games and the amount of speed at various positions was some of the best I've ever seen.

Coatesville had such a multiple of fast players. With that being said, and the tone that 'they were in the game', I would say they could beat PR. It would be a shoot out, but they would be there. I've seen a lot of games and the amount of speed at various positions was some of the best I've ever seen.
Now you are just talking out your buttocks. No one dissed Coatesville but one or you Eastern guys had to make it up. As for Coatsvissle beating PR - maybe - seeing as they probably should have beaten SJP.

I watched the Coatesville game on the live stream. They had WR's just make some plays and must have had some busted coverages. I fully expect that to be corrected.

I think P-R defense has been playing terrific, but would be really surprised in SJP didn't score 28-31 points. They have players too.

P-R's offense needs to be better and it starts up front. They have been bad lately for whatever reason.

High level - P-R is better this year than in 2014 by a wide margin. I think SJP isn't quite as good (based on the # of D1 kids they have.) In 2014 DiNucci played the best championship game ever and it wasn't enough. Not a fair comparison but the only one I can make.

Bottom line is this. Jurkovec will be the best player on the field, and will have to make 3-4 "WOW" plays for PR to win. Just like swift did in 2014. End of story.

A couple other comments. White was a disappointment running the ball vs Manheim. Maybe the style of offense doesn't suit him, but he wasn't very good. Tried to outrun kids to the sideline and couldn't. Crawford needs more reps. P-R seems to do more with him in both the pass and run game.

As I said before, pass protection was horrible last week. And on top of that, Jurkovec held onto the ball way to long in the first half. He can make plays for sure, but sometimes you have to just throw it away.

Jacky is right that DeFrancsis had mono during the week and they also didn't have another starting WR for some reason. Also, in the first half Falcone dropped a TD and Jurkovec overthrew Crawford wide open for another TD up the middle. If those are caught its 28-0 at the half and we are having a different conversation. They have to convert those this week.

The defense is playing very well, but I don't think Manheim was that great. Same with State College. SC could only move the ball by throwing fades. P-R will have to be able to cover 1 on 1 on the outside (where they are always attacked) and their interior DL will have to continue to play great. I'm guessing SJP has better kids in those positions than anybody P-R has played since Wayne.

I know nothing about them besides they are good, but all I’ve been reading on here and the other site is that everybody expected sjp to beat them easily. Why should I give them credit? For choking away a 28-10 lead? Also you’re twisting my words at this point because I do not think that pr is 100% going to beat them if their healthy. Seriously get over it lol.

Now you are just talking out your buttocks. No one dissed Coatesville but one or you Eastern guys had to make it up. As for Coatsvissle beating PR - maybe - seeing as they probably should have beaten SJP.
Well done ... you contracdict yourself as much as Jack Hat does ... better switch to water from the other river.

A couple other comments. White was a disappointment running the ball vs Manheim. Maybe the style of offense doesn't suit him, but he wasn't very good. Tried to outrun kids to the sideline and couldn't. Crawford needs more reps. P-R seems to do more with him in both the pass and run game.

As I said before, pass protection was horrible last week. And on top of that, Jurkovec held onto the ball way to long in the first half. He can make plays for sure, but sometimes you have to just throw it away.

Jacky is right that DeFrancsis had mono during the week and they also didn't have another starting WR for some reason. Also, in the first half Falcone dropped a TD and Jurkovec overthrew Crawford wide open for another TD up the middle. If those are caught its 28-0 at the half and we are having a different conversation. They have to convert those this week.

The defense is playing very well, but I don't think Manheim was that great. Same with State College. SC could only move the ball by throwing fades. P-R will have to be able to cover 1 on 1 on the outside (where they are always attacked) and their interior DL will have to continue to play great. I'm guessing SJP has better kids in those positions than anybody P-R has played since Wayne.

I hope jochem gets healthy, because white isn't very good at safety either. He never wraps up and he always goes for a big hit and just bounces off. I don't think he's been too bad at RB he just dances around to much and he always goes for a big play instead of taking what's there. The line hasn't been playing stellar so obviously a lot of holes weren't their against manheim. Also pretty sure his father almost got in a fist fight in the parking lot after the game because someone made a comment about white. I'm sick and tired listening to that moron every game yelling about his son not getting enough carries and all this other stuff. Also not sure if you knew but he got suspended for fighting a kid during the wpial championship week at school. The distractions hes brought this season have just been downright ridiculous. He's a good player but it's getting to a point now.

Overall I didn't think manheim was that good and for the caliber of team PR should be they shouldn't have let them hang around. It's just concerning when they have their toughest match up this season looming ahead. Like new2pa those missed opportunities and the line playing bad is uncharacteristic because these issues are just popping up now. Hoping just a bad game and they fix things up this week. Right now they need to be focused on resting up and getting healthy. You eastern guys are something else though lmao.

Reactions: new2pa
JACKY,
I believe it's Avian Flu, a common malady that swoops down when encountering Hawks.

To quote Bart Scott: "CAN'T WAIT!"

Should be an incredible game.
It was close to predictable at the beginning of the year that these two would be in a rematch of a couple years ago. That was one of the most exciting final ever. We have two very talented teams and two exceptional coaches that should provide a great contest. Jurkovic is one of the finest QBs I have ever seen,and while the Prep doesn't have a player with those credentials they have a strong group of athletic players that do nothing but win. I expect a shootout. Go Hawks!!!!

It was close to predictable at the beginning of the year that these two would be in a rematch of a couple years ago. That was one of the most exciting final ever. We have two very talented teams and two exceptional coaches that should provide a great contest. Jurkovic is one of the finest QBs I have ever seen,and while the Prep doesn't have a player with those credentials they have a strong group of athletic players that do nothing but win. I expect a shootout. Go Hawks!!!!
Absolutely right lilromeo, predictable and it's been that way a few years now. How many of us called for this at the top of the season? Too bad. Same with Southern Columbia, Wood, TJ, Cathedral, Dunmore, Parkland and others but you can't penalize them for being good. Few heard of PR before Coach K so things can change to shake up the power structure but it is rare. Loved the blips tho....teams lime Manheim Township, Homer Center, CEC, Unionville and Governor Mifflin; loved it!

Reactions: lilromeo
What is Coach K's coaching background? Jacky I suspect you would know. Was he an OC somewhere before PR?

What is Coach K's coaching background? Jacky I suspect you would know. Was he an OC somewhere before PR?

He was a longtime coach at North Hills after he finished playing at Pitt, including being the offensive coordinator before he came to P-R as the OC, then two years later as the head coach.

Mono I could see infiltrating a group of players, certainly as to it's mode of transmission. If so, that would be a real shame. Easy way to find out, I'm sure they've been serum tested. If that's the case, recovery could be weeks or more depending upon the severity. Lyme could mimic some of the same early symptoms but wouldn't make it's way through a locker room unless multiple boys infected by different Deer ticks. Lab testing may not be 100 % conclusive, especially early onset infection. They probably ran Lyme titers as to the work-up for fatigue/malaise/weight loss. If Mono is diagnosed, there are potential secondary manifestations (more clinically significant) that could preclude his further participation in any near future athletic event.

I hope for the Jurkovec boy, it's a full recovery to what ever the ailment might be..
True re a Mono diagnosis. Anyone testing positive for Mono would be shut down from contact activity for a few weeks due to the aforementioned reason listed (see above for a host of 50 cent words)

I wonder what set up they have at P-R for water breaks. If it is Mono, it could have been spread in this manner.

I wonder what set up they have at P-R for water breaks. If it is Mono, it could have been spread in this manner.
read the article in the Trib review; said an illness has hit their team the last two weeks but no mention of Mono.....

Phil does not have mono. Confirmed today by docs. The team had kept him away from the team, didn’t ride the bus, separate water bottle, etc.

He was a longtime coach at North Hills after he finished playing at Pitt, including being the offensive coordinator before he came to P-R as the OC, then two years later as the head coach.
Prior to coaching ,I remember Coach K as the QB for the North Hills team that beat CB West in the championship game in Altoona on a cold snowy night. I listened to the game on radio and He threw a winning pass to LaVar Arrington for the win. Yes,that LaVar Arrington. I always remembered his name because of that and he pops up at PR.Chess match coming between him and Infante.

Reactions: MC1975
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT