ADVERTISEMENT

Prep-Pine Richland

I was at that last PCC/P-R game in 2016. I think that a lot of this year's success could be traced back to that loss. It was a wake up call. The defensive struggles, how P-R got handled physically, the lack of senior leadership, etc.

Kasper, takes over the defense, seemed like kids got a lot bigger and stronger, and probably most of all, we had a great great senior class led by Jurkovec.

There was nobody better than Whitey. Great guy, yet easygoing. Barratta was a stud athlete.
Whitey gave a great pre-game talk before the 1981 PCL championship game, also. Verbatim, he stated "You cant make chicken salad outta chicken shit. Are you salad, or shit?" Must've been something for the O'Hara squad to hear the Crusaders repeatedly shout "salad"

Reactions: lilromeo
I was at that last PCC/P-R game in 2016. I think that a lot of this year's success could be traced back to that loss. It was a wake up call. The defensive struggles, how P-R got handled physically, the lack of senior leadership, etc.

Kasper, takes over the defense, seemed like kids got a lot bigger and stronger, and probably most of all, we had a great great senior class led by Jurkovec.

imo it was the NA game. They didn't have jurkovec but they got their asses handed to them. NA was manhandling them. It was nice to see them rebound with a nice win in the playoffs against a solid BP team though.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT