ADVERTISEMENT

PIne-Richland 2022

is he or is that just what he says publicly? did he have a ton of interaction with them considering they were freshman and sophomores when he was there?

i wonder if he stayed would they still have won? he might have kept his son at quarterback instead of Palmieri who was a major difference maker for this team at QB
EK is a good dude, im sure he is happy for his previous players- he and his staff actively coached kids starting in 9th grade, so 11th graders he coached 1 yr, 12th graders he coached 2 years- and the 10th graders were his sons group- so he knew most of the kids- bummer for his son, i guess

Reactions: new2pa
Those rules for extra year were in effect for 2020.
some kids are now playing college football for 6 or 7 years- yea 7.

22 and 23 grads have been really screwed- some spots are taken by players transferring- some colleges are taking ZERO high school kids on scholarships- and with NIL- some are making money, so are motivated to stay in college as long as possible

BP - Not sure, probably sick as this was the last group in which some kids played for him in 2020.

Lil: I’m not sure Palmeiri even has any offers.
Thats a big miss . I would take him in a heartbeat as a DB for sure. Someone needs to step forward .

is he or is that just what he says publicly?
I mean Sunday evening he seemed to be pretty proud of them.
i wonder if he stayed would they still have won? he might have kept his son at quarterback instead of Palmieri who was a major difference maker for this team at QB
They wouldn't have skipped a beat. Palmieri would've moved to RB and Kasper's son would've been right beside him at QB. Could've fed Palmieri the ball as much as they want to.

He and Pasquinelli are doing belly bumps.

I believe it was 2017 CY when PR was the WPIAL champs in boys basketball, baseball and football.

I mean Sunday evening he seemed to be pretty proud of them.

They wouldn't have skipped a beat. Palmieri would've moved to RB and Kasper's son would've been right beside him at QB. Could've fed Palmieri the ball as much as they want to.
well it would be a bad look to say he wasn't happy for them, we all have egos, coaches have HUGE egos

i wouldn't blame him at all if he felt bitter about them winning, he doesn't look that important now

Palmieri was at running back and they stunk

Dont worry, the holdover school board members will be voted out when their elections are held. It was never about winning on the field, it was the sham investigation and their general insulting of peoples intellegence that lead to the first wave of board members being replaced in the last election.

well it would be a bad look to say he wasn't happy for them, we all have egos, coaches have HUGE egos

i wouldn't blame him at all if he felt bitter about them winning, he doesn't look that important now

Palmieri was at running back and they stunk

Why would he care about how he looked over a private conversation?

Those same kids are the same kids that his own kid has grown up with. Why would he not be proud of those kids?

Why would he care about how he looked over a private conversation?

Those same kids are the same kids that his own kid has grown up with. Why would he not be proud of those kids?
how close are you with him?

i'm sure he's happy for the kids, but it has to be very bittersweet

will this put to rest the rumor that PR school board wants to "be known for academics" and wants to stink at sports, like many of Kasper's allies said?
Get your story straight BP- not sure why you gotta agitate

The leaders (Superintendent, etc) publicly said Kasper "cared too much about winning" that is not just "an opinion of Kasper allies"

And- lots of those "PR leaders" are now gone, partly why PR is kinda "back to normal"

From April 2021 until now, the following people "left" either quit/resigned/voted out....NOT retired

-school board president position (member voted out of this job by board)
-5 school board members
-2 Athletic Directors
-HS Head Principal
-HS Assistant Principal

I'm a fan of PR football fan- not a "Kasper fanboy." We just wanted a good coach- he WAS a good coach, Campos was not a good coach, LeDonne IS a good coach... kinda "back to normal" at PR

I think he's gotta be happy for the kids. He and his staff coached them two years - as freshman and sophomores.

I think he's gotta be happy for the kids. He and his staff coached them two years - as freshman and sophomores.
but if you are in his shoes, you don't think it lessens his impact and legacy on the program if they continue to win without him?

if you were fired from your job, do you root for your replacement to do well?

Get your story straight BP- not sure why you gotta agitate

The leaders (Superintendent, etc) publicly said Kasper "cared too much about winning" that is not just "an opinion of Kasper allies"

And- lots of those "PR leaders" are now gone, partly why PR is kinda "back to normal"

From April 2021 until now, the following people "left" either quit/resigned/voted out....NOT retired

-school board president position (member voted out of this job by board)
-5 school board members
-2 Athletic Directors
-HS Head Principal
-HS Assistant Principal

I'm a fan of PR football fan- not a "Kasper fanboy." We just wanted a good coach- he WAS a good coach, Campos was not a good coach, LeDonne IS a good coach... kinda "back to normal" at PR
well did that really play into his firing, or were the hazing allegations very serious?

but if you are in his shoes, you don't think it lessens his impact and legacy on the program if they continue to win without him?

if you were fired from your job, do you root for your replacement to do well?
I think the “continue to win” part now really comes into play full force. It’s the “Tomlin won with Cowher’s guys” argument right now.

Frankly, 5A in WPIAL the last couple years has been deep but without any wow-factor teams. P-R, Penn-Trafford, Peters, Penn Hills, BP, Gateway, USC are all above average to very good. But I wouldn’t say any have been great or are in the top 20 teams of the past 10 years in the large classes.

Bottom line, P-R could keep it rolling, it they need to find a QB.

well did that really play into his firing, or were the hazing allegations very serious?
no hazing problem, bogus, over 8 years, a couple locker room fist fights between kids, the coaches sometimes yelled at kids, did not play favorites, some parents likely complained about playing time- that's it- oh yea, and Kasper was "not a kiss ass" to school leadership

the general consensus is the people who left knew the whole thing was bogus and the community wanted / demanded leadership change

I think the “continue to win” part now really comes into play full force. It’s the “Tomlin won with Cowher’s guys” argument right now.

Frankly, 5A in WPIAL the last couple years has been deep but without any wow-factor teams. P-R, Penn-Trafford, Peters, Penn Hills, BP, Gateway, USC are all above average to very good. But I wouldn’t say any have been great or are in the top 20 teams of the past 10 years in the large classes.

Bottom line, P-R could keep it rolling, it they need to find a QB.
they actually have some good qb options- 5 varsity- no obvious studs like Phil, but maybe the best depth in a lot of years

When is Pine going to rejoin the big boys up in 6A?
phew- tiger- im pretty sure everyone has said this, but i will say it again- the 6A teams in WPIAL D7" are not "tougher competition" in the WPIAL than 5. IMO the only "big boy" in 6A is SJP.

We are better off in 5A in order to have good competition. And, im pretty sure no one in the whole state "plays up to 6A." And, yea maybe partly b/c of SJP, I'd rather not- but, it's not that we have always done bad against SJP, but all levels have minimum and max- 6A has only min, no max- would be stupid for anyone to voluntarily jump up to that. And, with the shrinking numbers, 6A might have to start traveling far for Reg season games. So, joining a conference, with super small # of teams, not better competition- and maybe having to travel far all year? Nope stupid.

We played 3 6A teams this year, probably none of them, including NA would fall into our "top 5 toughest teams" faced this year. And- in 20 and 21- if we had "played up" we would have had to play Hempfield Area and Norwin? They are so bad, im sure some 2A or 3A teams could beat them.

They played a playoff game because of covid. They had forfeits to the finals otherwise they never make it to the Hershey so no it doesn't count.

When is Pine going to rejoin the big boys up in 6A?
It’s going in 5 years since NA beat P-R and they begged off week 0 in 2020.

NA needs to concentrate on beating state college before wanting to tangle with the big boys.

2020: Huffman, Spencer, Beam, and who else?
QB-
by "rising grades" actually 6

10- Franchak and Macik
11- Ryan Beam, Heath Cwynar, Vaughn Spencer
12- Kanan Huffman

all of the 4 older kids could be "decent to good"

my personal pick is Beam, but my guess is the coaches will give all 4 older kids some consideration throughout spring and summer

if they keep the same system, my bigger Q is #2 running back, we really lucked out having Palmieri and Pillar stay healthy- if either got hurt PR would not have gone as far

phew- tiger- im pretty sure everyone has said this, but i will say it again- the 6A teams in WPIAL D7" are not "tougher competition" in the WPIAL than 5. IMO the only "big boy" in 6A is SJP.

We are better off in 5A in order to have good competition. And, im pretty sure no one in the whole state "plays up to 6A." And, yea maybe partly b/c of SJP, I'd rather not- but, it's not that we have always done bad against SJP, but all levels have minimum and max- 6A has only min, no max- would be stupid for anyone to voluntarily jump up to that. And, with the shrinking numbers, 6A might have to start traveling far for Reg season games. So, joining a conference, with super small # of teams, not better competition- and maybe having to travel far all year? Nope stupid.

We played 3 6A teams this year, probably none of them, including NA would fall into our "top 5 toughest teams" faced this year. And- in 20 and 21- if we had "played up" we would have had to play Hempfield Area and Norwin? They are so bad, im sure some 2A or 3A teams could beat them.
I meant the biggest boy (SJP)
only 2 public schools have been able to beat SJP. PR being one of them. Then they moved down????? Make it make sense

But I do believe P-R is the only big time big school program in western PA for the last decade or so.

They were moved down because enrollment went down.
As i have said in other threads- Western PA is very different than eastern Pa cuz of population-

#1- just guessing here, but Philly metro has 5-6 million, pittsburgh has 1 million, very different- cities are like 1.5 million to 300k, very different
#2- many areas of central and eastern Pa are growing pgh area is shrinking
#3- Philly city schools have like 200K kids, pgh has like 35
#4- PR enrollment did not go down, it stayed the same- many other PA schools went up

5 years ago we were a "small 6 A" team, barely enough enrollment to put us in 6. so 2 years ago, PIAA #s put us in 5A- and Pr AD and coach decided to "play where we're put" and not "play up." And again, it's not about "being afraid to play" bigger schools- the main benefit is more teams locally to play. PR benefitted this year from that- best of 18. If this year we would have "won a championship" among 5 D7 teams? kinda meaningless and stupid.

So then that leads us back to the only debate- playing 6A to face SJP? idk, im pretty sure about 99% of HS coaches in PA would not choose that. and, id also say, PR people respect SJP, but do not "fear them"

I've said this before. If there wasn't an SJP, P-R would not have gotten to where they did success-wise, even with Coach K and his staff.

Reactions: lilromeo
Why move up? They beat the hell out of the universities of North Allegheny and Central Catholic this year. Just tougher boys out in PR than pansy as North Allegheny. Disaster
Why move up? To play St.Joes, duh. You realize PCC is 5A enrollment right? Yet they choose to stay up here because they know they can win state at the most competitive level. If anyone looks like a “pansy” in this scenario, it’s PR

Why move up? To play St.Joes, duh. You realize PCC is 5A enrollment right? Yet they choose to stay up here because they know they can win state at the most competitive level. If anyone looks like a “pansy” in this scenario, it’s PR
The team that whoops the university of central Catholic? No one is beating st Joe

PCC was 6A by enrollment after the f-ups were fixed.

Only two teams from PA have beaten SJP since 2013 IIRC. P-R and Lebo.

From what I've heard from multiple former coaches and others around the program is that the SJP's "approach" to high school football (Coach Infanti) in terms of scheme, off-season training, expectations, etc. was solidified after that championship game in 2014. Very much a college-type atmosphere in terms of how the coaches prepared schematically in the off-season, the training program Coach Mal set up as well as expectations for outside-of-training workouts, and most importantly, the expectation to play at the highest level and fear no one.

IMO, because of that mindset, playing local teams, no matter how good they were, was never an issue at P-R again. Nobody in the WPIAL (or rest of state) compared to SJP, and the kids knew they were preparing to beat SJP so everybody else was easy. Sometimes they didn't have the talent to beat SJP, but after the 2014 game, being worried about not being able to compete was never an issue with whoever they played. I'm 100% convinced if the 2014 kids besides DiNucci would have realized this, they would have been SJP in 2014.

I also think Coach K understood this, because after that game, he never said anything again about "recruiting." He figured out that with hard work P-R could compete with them, and with some groups, beat them. And ultimately, that approach probably contributed mightily to getting him fired.

Going forward, P-R is gonna always be a force because of the kids, the facilities and the socio-economic demographic. The trick will be if Coach LeDonne's Aliquippa mentality can be used to build a program completely with his own kids, and not the final group of kids that P-R's old staff coached for 2 years and saw and participated in the success and how things were done.

pretty sure very few people would call pr "pansies"

pcc has 6a enrollment

this post makes no sense

ADVERTISEMENT