ADVERTISEMENT

PIne-Richland 2022

Alright, PCC has pine this Friday. Should be a good one even though it doesn’t mean anything for playoffs.
Agreed- but it does mean s/t for an exciting, good football game in Western PA!!

If PR plays well, it will be close, I'm gonna predict 24-21- lame by me, but not sure of the winner!

The atmosphere at PCC's "home field" could be an advantage for the vikes

I am still skeptical of PR- this week and next week, if we keep the "train rolling" we could make the playoffs. and- winning tomorrow might not "mean much" for playoffs, but if PR cannot beat PCC, it does "mean" we will be less to play in November!

Reactions: new2pa
if PR beats Central I will retract my post saying this thread should be deleted
lol, makes sense-

but BP- i say you could even wait another 7.5 days- until next Fri around 10 pm, PR has got to be able to beat shaler, to be "relevant"

All due respect to PCC, but PR might beat PCC, then lose to Shaler- then PR is out of the playoffs... and irrelevant, at least for 2022

I find it hard to believe that P-R can beat NA and then lose to Shaler. That would be an epic loss.

Whoa. P-R should be #1 team in WPIAL.

#TeamPalmeiri
still too early, gotta beat Shaler, can't say PR is better than Gateway, Bethel or USC- we lost to PH- right now, maybe #5, PR is not even #1 in their conference!!

best thing is oline finally looks good

This thread is definitely relevant. P-R dominated PCC in all phases of game. Much more physical and executed way better.

#1 thing I noticed -P-R offense is identical to what they used in championship years. All spread, no TE and dominant QB play. Palmieri is a stud running and throwing.

Best team I’ve seen in WPIAL this year. If they play this way, they are a top 3 team in state.

This thread is definitely relevant. P-R dominated PCC in all phases of game. Much more physical and executed way better.

#1 thing I noticed -P-R offense is identical to what they used in championship years. All spread, no TE and dominant QB play. Palmieri is a stud running and throwing.

Best team I’ve seen in WPIAL this year. If they play this way, they are a top 3 team in state.
They are peaking at the right time and hopefully they carry a lot of this momentum into the playoffs. 5A is up in the air right now especially with usc getting knocked off by bethel.

It’s not a surprise to me that BP won. When talent is roughly equal, toughness can prevail. USC isn’t tough. BP is.

Reactions: JACKY6996
LOL and what makes NA or PR any different?
I would think NA and PR have more ‘diversity’ so to speak

I imagined USC as a caricature of sorts. The type that would pull up to the golf course in their BMWs, puffing on a cigar, and laugh at the bethel parks of the world. Now that I’m thinking about it, I think I confused peters township with USC. Can you blame me? Both have red teams, and both are in the south hills

High school demographics directly from PA Dept of Ed.
Bethel Park 93.3% white 2.8% black 2.0% asian 0.7% hispanic
Pine-Richland 88.5% white 5.2% asian 2.9% hispanic 1.8% black
Upper St Clair 80.3% white 12.5% asian 2.6% hispanic 1.2% black
North Allegheny 77.5% white 16.5% asian 2.5% hispanic 2.1% black

High school demographics directly from PA Dept of Ed.
Bethel Park 93.3% white 2.8% black 2.0% asian 0.7% hispanic
Pine-Richland 88.5% white 5.2% asian 2.9% hispanic 1.8% black
Upper St Clair 80.3% white 12.5% asian 2.6% hispanic 1.2% black
North Allegheny 77.5% white 16.5% asian 2.5% hispanic 2.1% black
So rich and white it’s like I’m looking at a cheesecake

I would think NA and PR have more ‘diversity’ so to speak

I imagined USC as a caricature of sorts. The type that would pull up to the golf course in their BMWs, puffing on a cigar, and laugh at the bethel parks of the world. Now that I’m thinking about it, I think I confused peters township with USC. Can you blame me? Both have red teams, and both are in the south hills
NA and PR have more diversity simply because that is where the Pirates and Steelers typically move their families

Peters is right next door to USC, but it is Washington County so no Peters is not in the south hills

The biggest difference for PR with the changes they made has to be the O line. They were really struggling to start off, and it seemed like it was more of an execution thing than those guys just having “down years”. Now with Carrigan added at tackle in the new scheme they’ve flat out dominated teams. Cory, beam, and kerns look like the players they’re made out to be and pr might have the best line in the wpial now. It’s not crazy to think they could go on a run just looking at how PT did it last year. If palmarei takes a step further passing the ball, particularly pushing the ball down field to guys like gelly or andrews, then watch out. They will really be a threat. Pillar is probably the best kept secret in the state at this point, he’s starting to look like a slomka 2.0 if anyone remembers.

If pr continues this level of play in the trenches and in general, I predict they win by 3 Td’s against shaler. Obviously this is a much better shaler team this year but I just don’t think they have the horses to compete with pr at the LOS when they are on. They do have a decent HS QB and receivers/RB so if they do manage to protect I could see a much more interesting game.

At least 3TDs. Mercy rule. The OL is very good. And Palmeiri and Pillar are also good in the run game

NA and PR have more diversity simply because that is where the Pirates and Steelers typically move their families

Peters is right next door to USC, but it is Washington County so no Peters is not in the south hills

At least 3TDs. Mercy rule. The OL is very good. And Palmeiri and Pillar are also good in the run game
Hey Jacky- good to hear from ya!

Folks- if we go back thru this thread, I said months ago, it will be a "rebuild year" and I still hold by that statement- if somehow PR loses this week (unlikely) PR will not even make the playoffs!! Also, back in May or June, I said some issues are injuries- I did not want to call kids out by name, but the following kids were either sick or hurt, in July, and August- Mellis, Spencer, Kerns, Cory and Smith-- now all pretty close to 100%.

and Jacky- I agree- but with some clarification- agree on o line being better, but Palmieri INSTEAD of Huffman, is the biggest and most important CHANGE. AND... I am concerned b/c LeDonne said publically, Huffman will "gets some reps" at QB. Very bad imo- he should be BACKUP JV. If Huffman does NOT play much, and we keep the same gameplan- we wil be good- and on the right track. If anyone is not sure- open up "22thepoint" telecast, watch huffman against PH, then watch Palmieri against NA. omg, startling difference

And Andrews? No, sorry, he's okay, but should not be an offensive focus- hes just too young, not big and strong enough yet- the last 3 weeks, most of the catches have been made by Gelly and Mellis- I hope that continues. Lastly- coaching- ugh- finally getting better- but omg- Carrigan should have NEVER been a tight end- he is very solid at LT, and has a much better chance of college money at tackle.

Back to oline- yes, much better- but the "new system" and Palmieri makes then LOOK and PLAY even better. We keep the same basic system, yes we COULD go far- and this week is big- last away game, and Shaler's homecoming. We win that, and the final two- in good shape. BUT, might not even get 1st place, might tie w PH- that win was really bad then, and may come back to haunt PR.

and defense- MUCH better- the first 3 weeks, very generic, and very vanilla- crazy to say, but now, better than last year, and almost as well "called defense" as two years ago... almost.

I am still not convinced PR can beat the "best" and at this point, i put Gateway and Bethel there.

If Palmeiri keeps playing like he is, they will be very good.

They have no other QB options are far as I can tell.

If Palmeiri keeps playing like he is, they will be very good.

They have no other QB options are far as I can tell.
well their "option" is to go back to huffman- have him "hand off" to Palmieri and Pillar. That just dont work- the magic is READ OPTION with RP running the show!!

Coach LeDonne has a Ph.D. from CMU. No way he makes the decision. That would be very dumb.

Coach LeDonne has a Ph.D. from CMU. No way he makes the decision. That would be very dumb.
Yes, New, i hear ya- but the same guy made Huffman QB1, for the last 6 months.

Today- and the next three weeks, Pr has gotta win-out to be relevant. Assuming the "train keeps rolling" with the same system from the last 3 weeks, for tonight, my guess is PR wins. Shaler has a good QB and some skills guys. Pr still has to play well, this is not a "gimmee game."

Prediction (assuming same system)- PR win, 35-21
thoughts?

• Haha
I'm back on the P-R bandwagon LOL.

42-7 P-R!

If any other QB takes a snap before mop up time, the staff should be fired!!

I was at the North Hills/Shaler game. Shaler has a good QB and some good WR's, their passing game is excellent. Running game not quite as good. They had some success with motion and running sweeps but very little up the middle. Lineman are big but not athletic enough. In the second half NH wore them down. It will be difficult to keep the Shaler offense bottled up the entire game so expect some points to be scored. On the other hand the Shaler defense is not nearly as good. They have been giving up a lot of points this year. They gave up over 200 yards rushing to NH and I expect they will really struggle defending against a RPO. PR 42 SH 14.

PH loss from early in year still was a "bad loss" for PR, hope it does not hurt PR.

"win and in" for PR but still not sure on conference win, and not sure on seed 1, 2 or 3.

Not sure if anyone saw, but PR had it's first "small setback" against Woody- was actually losing in the second quarter. So, the team is certainly not perfect, seemed like some "coaching glitches" like not call the right stuff, taking the ball "out of Palmieri's hands" in the second qrt. But.... we fixed things at halftime, closed the deal in the second half

and crazy.... as good as PR looks the last 4 weeks, we could be OUT of playoffs, w a loss this Friday!!

Is there any stream for P-R vs. Cocalico tomorrow? I didn't see it on Trib HSSN and I don't know if PRTV will be doing it.

Is there any stream for P-R vs. Cocalico tomorrow? I didn't see it on Trib HSSN and I don't know if PRTV will be doing it.
As of right now- looks like no TV or streaming- crazy right?? Part of the problem, I think is PIAA "charges money" to stream, and no company is reading or willing to pay it- and PRTV only does "home games"

Reactions: bummer01
Last year piaa sold semi-final streaming rights to NFHS network a paid subscription site. I was able to watch through a free trial.

Jeez- well looks like the Eastern Pa area cares more about state playoffs- not available in Western PA!!

So, yea, the way to see it, from most of PA, i guess, is streaming via NFHS- its a pain to join for 10.99 but u can then watch the finals

PR Football boosters just sent that info earlier this afternoon, about NFHS

PR gonna have to play well- Cocalico is impressive!!

NFHS stream is horrific, have only basically seen snippets of the game so far lmfao but pr is up 21-0 at half, way to big and physical for this team.

I can’t say a couple months ago I ever expected this team to make it to the finals. What a ride it’s been, gotta give all the probs to ledonne.

NFHS stream is horrific, have only basically seen snippets of the game so far lmfao but pr is up 21-0 at half, way to big and physical for this team.

I can’t say a couple months ago I ever expected this team to make it to the finals. What a ride it’s been, gotta give all the probs to ledonne.
Just saw the Imhotep/Upper Dublin game . Same old Tep with their penalties . Very athletic but if they play like they played tonight PR will beat them for sure. BTW Upper Dublins QB is very talented .

Reactions: roxychknpoxy
A little off topic but just saw Jurkovec is in transfer portal again. Also Tyler King.

This has to be the best coaching season in PRs history right? Start off mediocre, made changes, and are now back in the state final. This is certainly the least talented team that made the final in PRs history. (This is not an insult)

This has to be the best coaching season in PRs history right? Start off mediocre, made changes, and are now back in the state final. This is certainly the least talented team that made the final in PRs history. (This is not an insult)
story is not yet complete- if they get crushed next week, nope, good, but not best ever

The current coaching staff has pros and cons- Kasper's staff had some better assistants- but LeDonne, wow, very impressive- just a different style than Kasper

Least talented- hard to say, other than Jurkovec, this PR team is not much different than any other "team talent" than any other PR teams in the last 8-9 years

Ryan Cory, OL/DL might be the most talented of any PR kid in 10 years

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT