ADVERTISEMENT

District 1 Openings

The other guy is Rowan, a guy that worked with Mike Carey. Nothing has changed, Cleland is going to get the job.

Bucks, he's a new name, correct? He's the one guy I haven't heard of in this process. Regardless, it sounds like its Clelands job, unless FJ's info is accurate.

Is Ridge still looking like Hensel or do they lean towards the young teacher in the district?

You are obviously the "young teacher in the district". You are the only one to mention this "young teacher" and created this account specifically to do so. No one knows who you are so why don't you tell us a little bit about yourself and why you deserve the job. We'll put in a good word for you.

Nope not me, I wish I was a teacher in the district their pay isn't too bad. I'm a parent in the district and my player has mentioned multiple times about some teacher who coaches in saucon valley who played college ball that rumor had him in the running.
Been following boards all season and finally decided to start chiming in.

He probably is the young guy. Pennridge does not want a young coach to step in, they want someone with a proven background to fix the issues that happened this year with the program. By the way, Pennridge doesn't pay that well as far as salary is concerned, in comparison to the surrounding districts.

Still not him, but I just find it interesting that an administrator is calling the shots over the AD. I don't see the board putting Hensel thru, regardless of his side of the story it still happened and after the shit show that has been the last couple years I don't see the board bringing about any more controversy if there are internal options. I don't know much about the kid other then the players like him as a teacher and from what they say he's experienced enough to build a new program.

What's the younger teachers name? This younger teacher if at SV wasn't a coordinator. So it would be a big jump to being a 6A head coach without ever being a coordinator. I may be wrong but I don't think Pennridge had any coaches in the building on the staff.

If you are a player's parent what is the "shit show" you are referring to?

Also Jswigand you are calling everyone out from Rosenberger to a new poster. Relax a little.

Mueller or something like that his name is.

I'm just saying that there wasn't much accountability and as parents it looked like things were pushed aside or ignored. They need someone to step in and build a strong program and being in the building could help.

From what I understand they had several coaches from last staff in the district but not sure if any of them put in for HC.

Bucks what makes you so positive about Cleland? Again I don't want to go against your opinion TOO strongly here because I know it could very easily be Cleland, but everything I have heard is that this is NOT a done deal.

Bucks what makes you so positive about Cleland? Again I don't want to go against your opinion TOO strongly here because I know it could very easily be Cleland, but everything I have heard is that this is NOT a done deal.

Donovan is calling the shots, not the Athletic Director. Donovan asked Carey to be on the committee to decide this one because of his roots as a player at CB West. Cleland also has a son that is in the program, being a sophomore. In addition, his son is friends with another player on the team, who's mother is on the Board of Central Bucks.

Cleland also being the realtor that has Pettine Sr's house for sale also helps.

Read between the lines. He is the hire. Worthy to be a head coach in a new age of high school football? Experienced enough in recent years? Wish we all had the resumes that applied in front of us without names.

I have no issue with reading between the lines. But lets not write it in as

Hensel - Pennridge
Cleland - West

One was offered a job, the other hadn't even interviewed when you wrote that.

Clearly, Cleland is well-connected to the program/area. But is he the best candidate? Bucks, you seem to be extremely skeptical of that, often citing that he has most recently been a pound ball coach. However, will it even matter? It will be interesting to see what Donovan decides.

Pennridge: if the Muller guy applied and is in building then his experience must be a negative. If it is Hensel the CB West issue must be a negative. Also was Hensel at H-H this year coaching? If not why not? If an assistant applied and didn't it get it what is the issue? Is the negative he was part of the "pushing things aside?"

What is this pushing things aside deal up there? It makes me wonder if Hollenbach turned an eye to things or something. Seems odd though with the reputation the man has.

CB West: let's be honest it hasn't been a great job for awhile. Cathers did a great job getting numbers back and making playoffs. Also don't forget his best RB went to Palisadses last year. All I hear is Cleland is the guy from everyone and his kids are in high school. Unless I'm mistaken his kid is like a 106 lbs wrestler. So I can't see that being a huge factor for him coaching the football team. No head coaching experience and he gets the job says a lot the quality of candidates that applied.

And I do agree with others on here if I'm Dick Beck and those are the two new head coaches, I'm not losing any sleep at all over it.

Reactions: jswigand
I agree, why does Cleland's kids being in West have anything to do with this hire? It doesn't make a lot of sense. I'd rather not hire a player's father because that can come with other issues, especially other players' parents. Does anyone know when this process will be wrapped up? I feel like we've been talking about the West hiring for months!

I agree HSFball kids are a tricky issue. What happens when his kids graduate? Does he leave to pay attention to their college careers? Longevity would seem to be a question mark (for all the right reasons though), and didn't someone on here mention he stopped being an OC because he didn't have the time? Or did he leave when Hensel left?

I'm not saying that he isn't the right choice because I don't know him. But one thing seems clear: he is definitely the popular choice and the easy choice. But just because you have ties to the community and you're an easy fit doesn't mean you're the best guy for the job. And from everything I have read and heard CB West is looking for the best guy, not the convenient guy.

I thought people said he left because he wanted to coach his kids in pound ball. Regardless, it'll be tough for Donovan to go against the grain with his first hire. Everyone in the area thinks it will be him.

Also, according the board, first interviews should be wrapped up or wrapping up today? Any idea who's being brought back for another look? Or was everyone told thanks but no thanks, this is Clelands job?

What I heard was first round of interviews this week. Final interviews some time next week. Hope to have everything final by end of the month.

I have my guesses. I don't like saying anything definite or get in to too much detail because I'm not really close to it. I hear things through a couple of different people but I trust what I hear and just about all of it has checked out.

Bucks, are you still confident that this is still Cleland's job after the first round of interviews?

I spoke with someone somewhat close to the situation this morning. He wouldn't give names (other than Cleland, who has obviously been rumored to be the favorite-which he agrees with). He said of the final candidates, none of them have head coaching experience. Two have significant experience as coordinators albeit at "middle of the road" programs. Two are also former West players. Without names, I'm not sure if the info checks-out.

Any word yet Bucks or HS? What I originally heard was they wanted this official/approved before the end of the month?

I thought it would be wrapped up by the end of the month. I'm pretty sure all interviews are complete. I'm assuming it's Cleland but I guess we'll see soon.

I also heard the out of state candidate impressed and may have a shot; however, he's in need of a job in the building. If that's the hold up, they may be waiting for a few years as they don't open up often. It isn't like it used to be, just name Jr as the Director of Audio and Visual.

Still no CB decision made and Pennridge back to the drawing board?

What is going on with these programs?

Anon, things seem to be quiet in CB. Has Pennridge reposted the job? Or are they just going to offer it to another candidate? Weren't the other two finalists out of state guys?

Anon, things seem to be quiet in CB. Has Pennridge reposted the job? Or are they just going to offer it to another candidate? Weren't the other two finalists out of state guys?

I'm not as close to the Pennridge situation to be able to comment on if/when the position will be reposted. I've heard gossip but it doesn't amount to much.

In either situation, the longer the coaching situations remain unresolved, the longer it will be before the kids get in the weight room and get familiar with a new staff. A disadvantage for all parties involved.

Pennridge is in total disarray ! Hensel was the committees pick after 2 months of interviews but the school board turn that down. I talked to a vice principle early today and they are re-opening the job next week and going through interviews again. My rams need a good HC !

Pennridge is in total disarray ! Hensel was the committees pick after 2 months of interviews but the school board turn that down. I talked to a vice principle early today and they are re-opening the job next week and going through interviews again. My rams need a good HC !
Hensel should have been the choice. The school board objecting to his hire is a joke and we know why.

Pennridge kids are getting slighted. A coach won't be able to instill his plan until March at the earliest. Unless they are just pivoting to whoever the "runner-up" to Hensel was? It sounds like they are looking for someone with head coaching experience considering the three finalists from initial interviews. They better move fast!

LilRomeo just asking why is
Hensel should have been the choice. The school board objecting to his hire is a joke and we know why.

LilRomeo just asking, but why is the school board objecting to the hire a joke? What's the reason why? If it is because of his dismissal at CB West that is a reason why for some parents. To be honest it is a joke that the committee and the school board didn't talk about it prior to bring it to a school board vote.

I think the other candidates were not head coaches ever though. School board wants a teacher who will be in building. That is a point too.

By all accounts Hensel is a really good guy. I've never heard/read anybody dispute that. And it's disappointing that he had to go through this.

But you would have to be living under a rock for the last 4 years not to know what the big elephant in the room is regarding a hire of Hensel.

Pennridge Admin. Really should have gone to the board (even unofficially) with the name before the process really unfolded.

If they did in fact and the board changed their mind mid-process. Shame on the board

If they didn't then shame in admin.

Regardless this is a very big and very public hire.

If nothing else this demonstrates that pennridge admin and the school board are not on same page

Reactions: lilromeo
By all accounts Hensel is a really good guy. I've never heard/read anybody dispute that. And it's disappointing that he had to go through this.

But you would have to be living under a rock for the last 4 years not to know what the big elephant in the room is regarding a hire of Hensel.

I think this would concern me if I was applying for the West job. Esp if they aren't inclined to attach a teaching position to get their coach in the building.

ADVERTISEMENT