ADVERTISEMENT

District 1 Openings

Bucks, how is Cathers tenure viewed in Doylestown? I thought he did a magnificent job of taking over that program in tough circumstances. That was a difficult job he was walking into. This season he took them to the playoffs. He did have some nice talent on this squad, especially in their senior class.

I guess I'm just curious if people in Doylestown consider this season a success now? Full disclosure, I'm not saying it is or isn't a success. Nor do I think there is a right or wrong answer. I'm just asking 'what is the general sentiment in the community?'

Do you really think everyone is gathering down at the local saloons of Doylestown to discuss Bucks football? This team hasn't been relevant in 15 years. Doylestown is Wood territory now. And stop talking about making the playoffs like it's some huge achievement. Teams with .500 records get in now.

The days where I would go to the bar after a CB West game are long gone. As far as thoughts on Cathers: the parents and players loved him. Thought he did a wonderful job and knew he put his entire focus on being the head coach. Problem is, CB West hired new principal, old principal went to South, and West never gave him a job in the building. So, he applied for the AD job at South where he knew a principal, and was hired. I heard he didn't want to leave coaching, but West didn't help him out, this is according to parents of players. New principal, Donovan, wanted someone of his blood the entire time. An old head. A "glory" day guy that has ties to Mike Carey.

Playoffs are a joke, but Cathers improved the program in the right direction. Now they will go backwards.

Bucks, I share similar feelings. I understand the playoffs are "watered-down" in District 1 now. However, I thought it was clear Cathers was taking the program in the right direction.

I'm crossing my fingers they don't take steps backwards with this hire. I don't know who the right guy is, but from your intel it doesn't look great.

CB West record 2015-2017

Overall record 13-18
4-15 vs teams that ended with winning records

3-7 (conference 3-4)
0-4 vs teams who ended with winning records

4-6 (conference 1-5)
2-6 vs teams with winning records

6-5 (conference 2-4)
2-4 vs teams with winning records
0-1 in playoffs

Vs central bucks teams
1-5

Vs pennridge, souderton, north penn
0-8

Vs council rocks
1-4

Vs william tennent, Bensalem, Truman, norristown
6-1

Vs quakertown 1-2
Vs hatboro 2-0

Last edited:
How about Dennis Cliggett? West guy, was at NP and Wood, younger and knows the game ....

Researched this.

Dennis was a Carey guy. Played under him and coached with him at Wood. He was at LC last year not as a Coordinator. Not sure if he's ever been a Coordinator. I do know that multiple candidates have him on their prospective coaching staff.

Reactions: Soup13
Burgundy, interesting stats. I didn't realize how much they struggled against quality competition.

Bucks, that name is a blast from the past. With that resume, you'd have to think he's a quality coach. It seems any staff assembled will be filled with old West guys. I just can't tell if that's a good or bad thing.

I think I owe Bucks an apology haha. Earlier I asked how close you are to the situation, clearly you are answering that considering you know who is being listed on different potential staffs.

Researched this.

Dennis was a Carey guy. Played under him and coached with him at Wood. He was at LC last year not as a Coordinator. Not sure if he's ever been a Coordinator. I do know that multiple candidates have him on their prospective coaching staff.
BCFB- Nice career at Richmond as well, coached at NP as 9th grade DC with Williams, good X and O guy. DBs At Wood and was around top notch guys so figured I would throw it out there, good with the kids...

BCFB- Nice career at Richmond as well, coached at NP as 9th grade DC with Williams, good X and O guy. DBs At Wood and was around top notch guys so figured I would throw it out there, good with the kids...

Towson University. Not Richmond.

I know who is being tossed around because of my first connection with one of the candidates. Until next time...

Towson University. Not Richmond.

I know who is being tossed around because of my first connection with one of the candidates. Until next time...

Bucks - I have a hard time keeping track with D1AA, was there with O’Neil... my bad.

Bucks I know you wouldn't say, and for good reason but I'd be interested to hear who your connection actually is. Seems like you think Cleland is the definite favorite, but it doesn't sound like you would be a fan of that hire.

I don't think Cleland is a good choice only because it's the same old same old. He has been out of high School football for three years and now can run a program? In addition to that I heard that he couldn't put in time to be a Coordinator over the past couple years at the high school level, that's absurd. Cleland is going to get the job. Various alumni have reached out to the principal and supported him plus there is the Carey factor.

Felton shouldn't get an interview, period.

Cuthbert shouldn't get an interview because he left the position to begin with.

I know someone in the race that has given me information on staff possibilities, although the individual I know will not get the position because of various reasons which I don't agree with but it's the name of the game at a school that doesn't care about football in the present day.

I thought Donovan does care about football?

Have there been any updates about Pennridge or any of the other jobs?

I thought Donovan does care about football?

Have there been any updates about Pennridge or any of the other jobs?
Ridge final three is Hensel from CB West, former Nazareth HC, and a former HC from New England. From what I heard. All three are being considered because of ability to enforce discipline, which Ridge strongly lacked under Hollenbach regime.

FJ, I got the impression that Donovan does care about football. All indications are that he's putting a lot of effort into this process. It sounds like he understands that good sports programs can have a positive impact on a school and community.

Now, whether he will make the right decision is a totally different story; only time will tell.

Ridge final three is Hensel from CB West, former Nazareth HC, and a former HC from New England. From what I heard. All three are being considered because of ability to enforce discipline, which Ridge strongly lacked under Hollenbach regime.

If they choose Hensel they must be desperate. Watched and scratched my head on his game day decisions while at West over the years. Remember in 2013 they had transfer stud running back and Fitz at qb, big line, etc and NP mercy ruled them... just one example. With the right coach PR can beat NP. Not Hensel

9th Grade DC. You really typed that. Wow.

If they choose Hensel they must be desperate. Watched and scratched my head on his game day decisions while at West over the years. Remember in 2013 they had transfer stud running back and Fitz at qb, big line, etc and NP mercy ruled them... just one example. With the right coach PR can beat NP. Not Hensel

Dick Beck has lost once to Pennridge. No one Pennridge hires is doing any better against him.

Dick Beck has lost once to Pennridge. No one Pennridge hires is doing any better against him.
Kind of like NP only beating LaSalle twice right? If PR hires the right coach it can be done, there is talent there dumb ass ... Lasalle beats NP with top notch coaching.

soup, my man. Let it go, js don't know dick and i don't mean beck. Haven't heard back from em, when he punked me. You know your shit, be cool with that. I thought 6 dts was a cb west dude, now he's a philly guy. Can't figure this stuff out, but to many responses to who is coaching cb west. Question should be who will be at north penn when db steps down. His youngest is now through the program. How much longer does he last?

Cover - We have agreed and disagreed on several topics, no big deal. You know that jswigand is a little b*tch. Let’s all go down to a nice Irish establishment and talk like men? I’m known to frequent a few in Philly. As far as NP who knows but so much talent and transfers all over the place, wild Wild West there. If LS and SJP doesn’t out coach Beck they win a couple state championships...

Kind of like NP only beating LaSalle twice right? If PR hires the right coach it can be done, there is talent there dumb ass ... Lasalle beats NP with top notch coaching.
soup, my man. Let it go, js don't know dick and i don't mean beck. Haven't heard back from em, when he punked me. You know your shit, be cool with that. I thought 6 dts was a cb west dude, now he's a philly guy. Can't figure this stuff out, but to many responses to who is coaching cb west. Question should be who will be at north penn when db steps down. His youngest is now through the program. How much longer does he last?

You two have it all figured it......from the 30th row of the stands. Go meet up tonight, get drunk and talk about what plays you run on your XBox.

You two have it all figured it......from the 30th row of the stands. Go meet up tonight, get drunk and talk about what plays you run on your XBox.
Ha Ha ... I thought not Wigand. I’m asking you to meet me tough guy? Let’s see what you say when you are not behind a keyboard.

I'm assuming interviews for CBW have wrapped up. Are we certain Cleland got the job or is getting the job? When can we expect board approval? It appears they have a meeting in two weeks.

Interviews supposed to be last week but cancelled for weather. Cleland sounds like the "favorite" but I've heard there's another guy or two. I'm not as close as Bucks is to this, but I believe what I heard.

Interesting - have you heard any new names pop up for interviews (outside of Cuthbert, Felton)? Will anyone challenge Cleland or is this all a formality?

Again Bucks seems to know much more than me. But I'm confident saying I think it's definitely not a formality.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT