ADVERTISEMENT

District 1 Openings

Gossip is that the CBW job went to Rowan. Can anyone corroborate?

If that is the case I think that's a very good hire. Rowan was a finalist a few years ago for O'Hara job and was super impressive. I know Mike Carey thinks very highly of him. Think he has chance to be excellent and I think the kids will really like him. He has a pretty unique story and has been working towards a position in a school and program for awhile now. If the rumors are true think CB West got a really good young coach and teacher who will represent that community well and do a lot of real god things with the kids.

BucksCountyFB... so much for Cleland definitely got the job at CBW ! I just love these people who know everything BUT really its nothing. Kills your creditability

Know his dad from the area. Was very involved in youth organizations throughout the years and coached Ryan's freshman team for a little while. Rowan was at Wood for a couple of years, went on to the college level for a few years, and now the past couple of years in Jersey.

Coached under Devlin and Carey at Wood, Clement at Kutztown, then went to DC area in high school ranks and then Jersey as coordinator. Went from corporate side and decided to get into teaching and coaching full time. Was one of three finalists for O'Hara job and finalist for Bonner job. Played at Ryan.

The hardest thing for these quality younger guys is getting a job in the building these days. Way harder than years before. Not talking about pool manager jobs but legit roster teaching jobs.If there is a job in the building you get a whole different pool of applicants then if there is not. Not familiar with CB West situation but would think Rowan would need a position. In my opinion he would be well worth creating a teaching position. A very impressive young guy that any school be lucky to add to their halls. Has a chance to be really good.

Gang do you know his history through him going through the process of O'Hara and Bonner? Or from the Wood days? Asking because from everything I know and hear your assessment of him sounds very accurate.

Feel like I've been biting my tongue a little on here for a few reasons. One because I've been hearing things with two or three degrees of separation but I had a lot of faith in the way that info trickled down. Two because those same "sources", for lack of a better word, mentioned Cleland as a legit candidate. And lastly because we have obviously seen some crazy things happen in the area recently.

Yes I know him through those earlier situations and processes. I am completely outside of this situation with no inside knowledge.

Gang do you know his history through him going through the process of O'Hara and Bonner? Or from the Wood days? Asking because from everything I know and hear your assessment of him sounds very accurate.

Feel like I've been biting my tongue a little on here for a few reasons. One because I've been hearing things with two or three degrees of separation but I had a lot of faith in the way that info trickled down. Two because those same "sources", for lack of a better word, mentioned Cleland as a legit candidate. And lastly because we have obviously seen some crazy things happen in the area recently.

Cleland was a legit candidate if he made it to the final interview process. And it's not like only one guy is making the decision, the panel was supposedly 7-8 people, so until the final decision is made everything up to that point can only be speculation.

anon I think you and I are on the same side here? My point was that there was someone on here saying that this was Cleland's job from the minute Cathers left and that the interviews were just a formality. My argument the whole time was that from everything I heard from a couple of people that this was always between 2 or 3 guys. Which was why I never came out and said that person was wrong. And I still wouldn't say that person was wrong, I think whoever they were talking to probably over exaggerated how close they were to all of this.

anon I think you and I are on the same side here? My point was that there was someone on here saying that this was Cleland's job from the minute Cathers left and that the interviews were just a formality. My argument the whole time was that from everything I heard from a couple of people that this was always between 2 or 3 guys. Which was why I never came out and said that person was wrong. And I still wouldn't say that person was wrong, I think whoever they were talking to probably over exaggerated how close they were to all of this.
over exaggerated is an understatement. When someone states repeatedly that this person has the job only to find out that someone else was and is their man..... i call that another case of "fake news"

Look as easy as it is to blame the person who wrote that stuff I can understand it. Like I said, there were times I bit my tongue at some of the things being said. The reason for that is because you can never be 100% sure about the things you hear. He is obviously getting his information from someone close to the situation. Because a lot of what was said was/is true. I just believe either the person posting on here thought that person knew more than they did, or the the "source" of info claimed to be closer than they really were because as much as they got right there was a lot that was wrong too. I think everyone on hear knows almost everything posted should be taken with a grain of salt.

Reactions: anon2005
This isn't a news source

90% of what you read are rumors at best.

The only news source you can trust
Burgundynewz

Rowan to CBWest - fact
Detweiler (cb south DC) to ridge - fact

I'm hearing internal teacher for Pennridge after this weeks inteviews. Curious to see where the chips falll.

This isn't a news source

90% of what you read are rumors at best.

The only news source you can trust
Burgundynewz

Rowan to CBWest - fact
Detweiler (cb south DC) to ridge - fact

I've been on this board for 20 years. There have been more CBW posts in this thread then the past 20 years combined. So much drama for a program that's been an afterthought from the administration for years. I miss the good ole days.

Last edited:
Reactions: lilromeo
Waiting this long may mean the districts are looking for a teaching position to open up. Always best to have someone in the building as a coach especially for football.
Only problem with that is if the coach does not work out on the field you now have another teacher for life. Texas doesn't have that problem.

I said all along it would be Cleland, by all accounts from everyone else's sources, I am wrong. I did say that Rowan was another top candidate. He only has one, maybe two years worth of coordinating experience at top level. Young guy that might do some good things for the program and community. The student athletes would be happier with this than Cleland, but as always, time will tell when the Friday night lights turn on.

For what it's worth, I was at an event tonight and heard the name Cody Muller associated with the Pennridge job. Evidently a younger guy already in the building. Awaiting Board approval.

Look as easy as it is to blame the person who wrote that stuff I can understand it. Like I said, there were times I bit my tongue at some of the things being said. The reason for that is because you can never be 100% sure about the things you hear. He is obviously getting his information from someone close to the situation. Because a lot of what was said was/is true. I just believe either the person posting on here thought that person knew more than they did, or the the "source" of info claimed to be closer than they really were because as much as they got right there was a lot that was wrong too. I think everyone on hear knows almost everything posted should be taken with a grain of salt.
FJ78, Your reply should win an AWARD from the Wash Post or NY Times. Read the wishy washy crap you just wrote......the ultimate fake news ! and for my Rams program, I am just sick !!!

That's who I was hearing too. Looks like down to 2 young guys, both would bring some fresh blood into the program I'm sure, it will be interesting to see what type of staff they are able to throw together now that most experienced coaches in the area already have a spot with other programs.

For what it's worth, I was at an event tonight and heard the name Cody Muller associated with the Pennridge job. Evidently a younger guy already in the building. Awaiting Board approval.

Muller got Pennridge. I believe he's a young teacher there. I'm not sure if he was apart of the previous staff? I believe he played at Souderton? He was a very good player and ended up at New Hampshire.

He's a social studies teacher at the high school, and although he is young, the players really like him and he has coaching experience from Saucon Valley, was never on pennridge staff. Wondering if he will retain old staff or start fresh, I think there are some coaches from old staff administrators don't want back but some may still have a shot.

Muller got Pennridge. I believe he's a young teacher there. I'm not sure if he was apart of the previous staff? I believe he played at Souderton? He was a very good player and ended up at New Hampshire.

Was he a coordinator at Saucon Valley? At his age, it must be difficult to build a staff. I would assume there is a lack of connections due to little experience. Therefore, I'd think he tries to keep some of the Pennridge staff.

I don't think he was a coordinator but now I'm hearing only 1 guaranteed and maybe 2 coaches from precious staff are coming back. Kind of feel bad for the others on the staff hopefully they can still find spots on other staffs and weren't holding out thinking they were getting pennridge under the new leadership.

Was he a coordinator at Saucon Valley? At his age, it must be difficult to build a staff. I would assume there is a lack of connections due to little experience. Therefore, I'd think he tries to keep some of the Pennridge staff.

Muller was never a coordinator, he wasn't the first choice because of lack of experience. The desire to get a coach in the building helped him out. Other candidates weren't teachers. First step is getting staff and getting kids in weight room. He won't be official til end of month from what I'm hearing. Good luck to him.

My son has been in the weight room for almost two weeks now an initiative that was started and run by one of the coaches being carried over. You are correct he wasn't a coordinator and the being in the school helped. But hopefully bringing in experienced coaches will help him build a successful program. Like I said earlier the players really like him and the other coach so as long as they get some other decent guys behind them we could see a good team this year regardless of the head coaches lack of higher level experience.

Muller was never a coordinator, he wasn't the first choice because of lack of experience. The desire to get a coach in the building helped him out. Other candidates weren't teachers. First step is getting staff and getting kids in weight room. He won't be official til end of month from what I'm hearing. Good luck to him.

As u know, I've been following Pennridge for 35+ years, and rarely ever miss a home game. This move hiring someone (muller) who has one or two years of experience in coaching is about as ludicrous as you will ever see. I hear he's a good guy and teaches in the building but its obvious that parents got involved (as I heard ). This will blow up for sure ! Pennridge is a TOP job and this hire has to be one of the all time worst. i am talking with the AD this week coming up and will find out how in the world this occurred. Report coming .....

Ramgreen

If you do speak to the AD make sure the new coach gets to stay in the building. I heard he may not be guaranteed a job. He is a sub this year for someone.

PaFBall,

If the coach is the same one who ran last year's weight program I hope he gets to stay on staff. Rumor (and it is a rumor) is he isnt going to be asked to stay on.

CB South DC not getting the job I'm sure will be a little bit more motivation when those schools play.

The coach who is running the weight room wasn't the same guy as last year, last season was his first year on Hollenbachs staff, he works in the school as well, my son said he was with Quakertowns program for years before he came to pennridge.

Not sure where mueller being a sub came from, his position is a permanent one and has been since he started.

Ramgreen

If you do speak to the AD make sure the new coach gets to stay in the building. I heard he may not be guaranteed a job. He is a sub this year for someone.

PaFBall,

If the coach is the same one who ran last year's weight program I hope he gets to stay on staff. Rumor (and it is a rumor) is he isnt going to be asked to stay on.

CB South DC not getting the job I'm sure will be a little bit more motivation when those schools play.

I believe Mueller's father was an assistant coach at other schools before getting the head coaching job at Notre Dame Green Pond. Turned that program around.

Surprised by both hires at Pennridge and CB West, although I do like young coaches to take over a program for the benefit of new energy. Muller not having any coordinating experience is scary and Rowan only being a coordinator one or two years is scary, especially at lower levels. We all know that Carey influenced the decision here with Rowan, but I hope this young guy has new innovative ways that West has not tried in the past. Best of luck to them both.

Bucks - I would seriously reconsider how much you trust whoever was your source on a lot of the information you posted on here. There were a lot of things that you put out there that were just flat out wrong.

Reactions: jswigand
I don't know if Bucks posted any thing that was true. i know Mike Carey well and stop at his tavern in Perkasie and he had zero to do with the hiring. As for Muller at Pennridge, i pray we get some experienced asst coaches to help Cody until he gets his wheels under himself

I don't know if Bucks posted any thing that was true. i know Mike Carey well and stop at his tavern in Perkasie and he had zero to do with the hiring. As for Muller at Pennridge, i pray we get some experienced asst coaches to help Cody until he gets his wheels under himself

Carey definitely had some input on the CBW decision. I know for a fact he was vetting candidates.

anon beat me to it: Ram, if you think Carey had "zero" to do with the CB West process either you like to exaggerate, or your info is as bad as Bucks' and Burgundy's info. The amount of misinformation on this entire board, and this post in particular is laughable. This is all he said/she said rumors and conjecture. People on here either like to exaggerate what they heard, or the person they heard it from was exaggerating. This is why your "fake news" post earlier was so comical...if you're coming here for "news" you're in trouble.

FJ, look back on your own posts. You're asking for everyone's opinion so you were clearly coming here for some news/conjecture. Where else do you visit for HS football news in this area?

I think the key word there would be "opinion"

Asking people's "opinions" and what they have "heard" is a whole lot different than "news".

I think Bucks honestly believed what he was being told. Why do I believe that? Because the entire time he said it WOULD definitely be Cleland he also said he didn't believe it SHOULD be. So my best guess is that people he talked to presented it as a done deal, but those people were probably exaggerating how much they knew or how close they were to the situation.

My tone on this has been the same from the beginning. Someone posted Hensel - Pennridge and Cleland - West. That was after Hensel was named in the paper, and before any interviews had taken place at CB West. And at that time I said don't compare an article in the paper to rumors in the community and conjecture on this board.

Then don't take someone's opinion as fact regardless of their tone. Obviously nothing is a done deal until board approval. They tried to get Hensel the job but the board turned it down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT