ADVERTISEMENT

Prep PCC

I expected this to be much closer. I knew ultimately the Prep would wear down PCC but I did not expect this! I love being in Hersey in December! Great atmosphere!

Reactions: roxychknpoxy
The final should of been prep/ np. What a game that would have been for the state title. I'm embarrassed by pcc performance .

Reactions: EPC FAN
Ouch! Pretty bad performance from my alma mater. Pretty much showing what people outside the WPIAL think of the area. And that is, that it is overrated and not what it use to be. Which does happen to be true.

Ouch! Pretty bad performance from my alma mater. Pretty much showing what people outside the WPIAL think of the area. And that is, that it is overrated and not what it use to be. Which does happen to be true.
Lack of discipline more than anything.

At no time was PCC dominating. Their 8 first half possessions consisted of 6 punts (4 three-and-out), fumble, and halftime. They 4 first downs,

Haha, okay I'm done with this debate. Look at my other post.

Haha, okay I'm done with this debate. Look at my other post.

It's not a debate. At no time was PCC dominating. Again, like never. Alas, maybe your definition of dominating is different than my mine. At best the contest was even for five possessions each.

It's not a debate. At no time was PCC dominating. Again, like never. Alas, maybe your definition of dominating is different than my mine. At best the contest was even for five possessions each.

Okay. Last comment on this topic. I never once said they were dominating game. I said, that were winning at line for a couple of drives. They drove into SJP territory and shot themselves in the foot with stupid penalties. They were also containing Swift at the beginning as well. It was for the most part an even matched defensive struggle, again, early on. Then SJP clearly showed that they were the top dawg and dominated from there. Trust me I know my football and have credentials in the game.

I expected this to be much closer. I knew ultimately the Prep would wear down PCC but I did not expect this! I love being in Hersey in December! Great atmosphere!
Not a fan of Prep, but I really appreciate effort, toughness and technique. The Prep had all three in their favor, plus a decided edge on the sideline.

Okay. Last comment on this topic. I never once said they were dominating game. I said, that were winning at line for a couple of drives. They drove into SJP territory and shot themselves in the foot with stupid penalties. They were also containing Swift at the beginning as well. It was for the most part an even matched defensive struggle, again, early on. Then SJP clearly showed that they were the top dawg and dominated from there. Trust me I know my football and have credentials in the game.
Just can't overcome stupidity against a really good team like SJP. The personal foul penalties were mind numbingly dumb.

Not a fan of Prep, but I really appreciate effort, toughness and technique. The Prep had all three in their favor, plus a decided edge on the sideline.
D Andre Swift is just a superb RB,wish he would flip to PSU.

Huge play was the PCC fumble right after they had had intercepted McCray. On the night I think SJP recovered every fumble including Swift's.

It's very possible, even likely, that, as some on here have said, that NP and Wood would beat PCC. But I think SJP was also a whole lot better tonight than they were last week. James Johnson was on fire the whole game, and the defense was both aggressive and smart. And they played a generally much cleaner game. No problems with exchanges, no procedure penalties, no holding penalties. A telling moment on Greene's return was when Swift held off at the last split second on what might have been a block in the back. The fact that they were able to connect on a few key passes downfield was also crucial. As for all the personal foul calls in the second half, some looked very questionable to me, but I think that once the score got to 28-0 the refs were understandably worried the game would be full of late hits, retaliation hits, etc.--as happens more often when a game is not long competitive.

Obviously, a great coaching job by Infante and his staff and a huge team effort.

Just can't overcome stupidity against a really good team like SJP. The personal foul penalties were mind numbingly dumb.

Thorpe is probably just a kid who hates to lose, I get that. But he still needs to keep his emotions in check, especially in the most important game of the year. He cost PCC on that one drive I'm talking about.

So, you never they were dominating?

I'm sorry that I took this comment the wrong way.

Lol, at the time of my post they were moving the ball well, and getting a push on the line. SJP won, they are the better team, this old news my man, move along.

Swift went off and PCC was basic on offense. They should've tried spreading it out more but SJP defense came to play. #73 CJ Thorpe must've wanted to end his HS career with a bang with all those fouls, that's been his game the past three years. He really killed some drives not being able to control himself. I think most PCC fans are glad he's gone lol. PCC was outplayed in all aspects and outcoached.

On next year PCC has to replace a lot. It seems like next year will be a down year but I would not be surprised to see them in at least the WPIAL final again. Pine Richland should be a favorite to make it to Hershey from the west. They were the only team to come close to beating PCC this year In the WPIAL when healthy. If Phil jurkovec didn't get hurt along with a few other starters they had a chance. They return all their wideouts, their main RB, most of their line, and a lot on defense too. They were extremely young this year, they had 5 sophomores starting, a freshman, and a lot of juniors.

PCC loses their entire lines on offense and defense expect David green. They return the most on defense, 3 of 4 in the secondary, and couple linebackers that were used a lot. PCC seems to have no trouble reloading so I wouldn't count them out at all, when they went to states in 2013 this current senior class were freshman and now they made it back here when none were on varsity that year. Funny thing is they could've been more loaded if all the kids that had transferred stayed. They could've had Paris ford, Kenny Robinson, Mike Pope (North Allegheny's starting RB). Also Kenny white from West A tried transferring in before this season. PCC seems to have no issue pulling out of their butts big burley linemen and solid skill players on both Sides of the ball, plus they return their QB.

Reactions: Relayer
To many really good backs right now. Don't blame him for choosing Georgia.
LOL don't fool yourself he's better than all of them .MAYBE Barkley is better right now. There's a reason why Franklin and company are still hard on Swift even after committing to Georgia!

Reactions: roxychknpoxy
Lol, at the time of my post they were moving the ball well, and getting a push on the line. SJP won, they are the better team, this old news my man, move along.

That's fine. All I'm saying is that at the time of your post they weren't dominating. Not even close. It was an exaggeration. It's ok, tho,

Just as a reminder PCC had 3 1st QT possessions.

10 offensive plays
8 runs for 26 yards
0-2 passing
Three punts
One first down

Swift went off and PCC was basic on offense. They should've tried spreading it out more but SJP defense came to play. #73 CJ Thorpe must've wanted to end his HS career with a bang with all those fouls, that's been his game the past three years. He really killed some drives not being able to control himself. I think most PCC fans are glad he's gone lol. PCC was outplayed in all aspects and outcoached.

On next year PCC has to replace a lot. It seems like next year will be a down year but I would not be surprised to see them in at least the WPIAL final again. Pine Richland should be a favorite to make it to Hershey from the west. They were the only team to come close to beating PCC this year In the WPIAL when healthy. If Phil jurkovec didn't get hurt along with a few other starters they had a chance. They return all their wideouts, their main RB, most of their line, and a lot on defense too. They were extremely young this year, they had 5 sophomores starting, a freshman, and a lot of juniors.

PCC loses their entire lines on offense and defense expect David green. They return the most on defense, 3 of 4 in the secondary, and couple linebackers that were used a lot. PCC seems to have no trouble reloading so I wouldn't count them out at all, when they went to states in 2013 this current senior class were freshman and now they made it back here when none were on varsity that year. Funny thing is they could've been more loaded if all the kids that had transferred stayed. They could've had Paris ford, Kenny Robinson, Mike Pope (North Allegheny's starting RB). Also Kenny white from West A tried transferring in before this season. PCC seems to have no issue pulling out of their butts big burley linemen and solid skill players on both Sides of the ball, plus they return their QB.

Agreed on Pine Richland. Pretty much said the samething in another post. Also think Seneca Valley will be good as well, not state championship good, but can see them making another trip Heinz Field.

Central does lose a ton, so they will be young next, not expecting to much honestly, they will still be good. A lot of young talent coming up, they a freshman runningback that is suppose to be good, as well as a freshman WR who is suppose to be good too. Brian Dallas a Sophomore DE is good. Haven to replace an entire front 5 is tough, not that they were that spectacular tonight in the first place. Wish Totten and whoever the OC is, would open the playbook more.

But, Central is what they are. They struggle with teams who have more or equal talent than they do. It showed in a blowout loss to a ST Johns college team out of DC and it showed tonight with Prep.[/QUOTE]

Agreed on Pine Richland. Pretty much said the samething in another post. Also think Seneca Valley will be good as well, not state championship good, but can see them making another trip Heinz Field.

Central does lose a ton, so they will be young next, not expecting to much honestly, they will still be good. A lot of young talent coming up, they a freshman runningback that is suppose to be good, as well as a freshman WR who is suppose to be good too. Brian Dallas a Sophomore DE is good. Haven to replace an entire front 5 is tough, not that they were that spectacular tonight in the first place. Wish Totten and whoever the OC is, would open the playbook more.

But, Central is what they are. They struggle with teams who have more or equal talent than they do. It showed in a blowout loss to a ST Johns college team out of DC and it showed tonight with Prep.
[/QUOTE]

Seneca valley wasn't great this past year imo, besides their QB and RB. NA really shot themselves in the foot in that semi final game with red zone turnovers. Seneca has some players back but I only see them competing with penn hills for the final playoff spot in the conference. It's guranteed they make the semifinals with how bad the other conference is.

I've heard about the freshman and have seen them getting varsity time. PCC front five dominates inferior opponents, when they face equal opponents it breaks down. It's been the same story in all their loses. I expect them and PR to be the top two in the WPIAL and ahead of all the other teams by a lot. I think it's gonna be jurkovecs year to get a championship and break records though.

JACKY, appreciate your contribution to the board. Well done my friend!

Reactions: JACKY6996

Seneca valley wasn't great this past year imo, besides their QB and RB. NA really shot themselves in the foot in that semi final game with red zone turnovers. Seneca has some players back but I only see them competing with penn hills for the final playoff spot in the conference. It's guranteed they make the semifinals with how bad the other conference is.

I've heard about the freshman and have seen them getting varsity time. PCC front five dominates inferior opponents, when they face equal opponents it breaks down. It's been the same story in all their loses. I expect them and PR to be the top two in the WPIAL and ahead of all the other teams by a lot. I think it's gonna be jurkovecs year to get a championship and break records though.[/QUOTE]

Forgot about North Allegheny, can't stand them, lol. They lose their QB this year, I think, but they will be good as well. Art Walker Jr is a good coach, obviously being a former PCC HC.

Maybe it's time for PCC to look to breathe some new life into the program. I have heard one dimensional used many times over the years to describe the offense. Ground and pound works when you have clearly superior size and athletes but not so much when you meet your equal. Maybe it's time for Totten to move on?

Dominance- St. Joe's Prep 42-7 over PCC.

Need I remind posters the game is played over 4 qtrs. It doesn't matter who did what in 1 qtr vs another. It's the end result.

Dominance- St. Joe's Prep 42-7 over PCC.

Need I remind posters the game is played over 4 qtrs. It doesn't matter who did what in 1 qtr vs another. It's the end result.

Agree. And in over the first 5 possessions for each team the game was a tug-a-war with each team having some moments offensively, but the defenses really setting the tone for the most part. At no point was anyone being dominated. That was my only point.

Thorpe is probably just a kid who hates to lose, I get that. But he still needs to keep his emotions in check, especially in the most important game of the year. He cost PCC on that one drive I'm talking about.
At the end of the day he's a 17-18 year old kid, very immature! His behavior falls directly on his coach! He allowed and tolerated it all year. A shame! After the game he was very respectful! His face was a bloody mess!

Reactions: new2pa
Yes, I posted the first qtr possessions at the beginning of this thread. Many punts, each team feeling each other out to gain an advantage.

I agree no excuse for that behavior, but some of the calls were on him were weak. Prep knew to get him going, smart and easy on their part...

Any chance PSU pulls their offer after that display?

Lmao. Why would they? Did he get arrested, get expelled from school? There is no reason to pull a kids scholarship over a few personal foul calls. If that's were the case. Colleges all across the country would be pulling scholarships from propects. That's just dumb to even think about.

Last edited:
Kids demeanor on the field, unless it rises to the level of criminal prosecution, is not grounds to pull a scholarship. It's not as if actions on the field hasn't resulted in criminal prosecution in the past but what this kid did obviously did not fall into that category. If anything it could be construed as a burning desire to win gone a little overboard but nothing more. Despite his size he is s kid. Not even a young adult. I'll take him anytime and let the maturation process take its course. I think PSU has a real talent on its hands and it will be up to them and of course him, to develop into a great player and more important, a great person. Some develop and mature faster than others and let's hope this is a case of a late maturation process. Good luck to him and his family on his career at PSU.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT