ADVERTISEMENT

BradlyPitt and the rest of this site gets what it wants/ is delusional

Vikingofpittsburgh

Sep 18, 2022
Yep, PCC lost. not even as close as the score would indicate. Just awful play on our part. We could not stop the same play over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. Really unbelievable.

That being said, this site is absolutely delusional. We beat NA by 28 and people are saying "PCC is not as good as they say" Like what? We are still by far the best team in WPIAL 6A, and we will give SJP a game. So all of you deranged haters can quit it.

thanks for the thread dedicated to me, very flattering

if they can't beat PR despite "doing the same thing over and over again", what makes you think they can give SJP a game? how am i delusional here?

if they can't beat PR despite "doing the same thing over and over again", what makes you think they can give SJP a game? how am i delusional here?
Both you two are outrageous. These are KIDS playing football you're fighting over.

PR is a top 5 team in the state. we had an awful game. We will learn.

I think the thing that surprises people so much about the game is that with the new staff, it was supposed to be “different,” particularly on O. I don’t know what different is, but it’s more than 1 TD and 3 TO’s. They’ll be ok, I’m sure NA took notice.

I think the thing that surprises people so much about the game is that with the new staff, it was supposed to be “different,” particularly on O. I don’t know what different is, but it’s more than 1 TD and 3 TO’s. They’ll be ok, I’m sure NA took notice.
It does seem like PCC played a bad game and PR had the perfect game plan. It reminded me of the 2000 ecp Altoona game where Altoona kept chipping away running the ball and let the play clock run to almost zero before hiking the ball. Id be curious the difference in time of procession that game. They kept PCC offence off the field and the defense on. Plus you can't have 3 TO in a game your offense isn't getting the ball often. It looked like the D was getting wore down and tired. I expect PCC to make adjustments and be just fine. I think this might be the confidence booster that PR needed and could catch fire like last year going into the playoffs. 5A is going to be really interesting now. *** I thought it was crazy pr line was able to do that they did to PCC. IMO woody high has the best O line in 5A maybe the wpial and PCC handled them just fine.

Last edited:
Well, they are now. Do you really think Peters Township or Imhotep is stopping Pine? Get real.
Imhotep has a good chance of winning it all this year IMO . If both they and Roman play for the D-12 5 A title ,it should be a great contest. Tep actually has a good passing game this year to complement their always strong running attack. We all are aware of their tendency for penalties in the big game , but this year I think could be different. They are on a mission. We will see .

Imhotep has a good chance of winning it all this year IMO . If both they and Roman play for the D-12 5 A title ,it should be a great contest. Tep actually has a good passing game this year to complement their always strong running attack. We all are aware of their tendency for penalties in the big game , but this year I think could be different. They are on a mission. We will see .
If Roman and Imhotep play for the D-12 title, that will be the State Final unless PR finds another Palmieri. Taking nothing from Pine Richland, to a large degree 'RP' was PR last year. And with all the good 5As out West I don't know why Vikingofpittsburg undervalues Peters and ICS.

Remember that post season review I did of the state (March, June?) breaking it down by classifications, doing super early Top 10s and 20s? If I can ever find it I'll repost it. Maybe for something else to fight (or laugh) about!

If Roman and Imhotep play for the D-12 title, that will be the State Final unless PR finds another Palmieri. Taking nothing from Pine Richland, to a large degree 'RP' was PR last year. And with all the good 5As out West I don't know why Vikingofpittsburg undervalues Peters and ICS.

Remember that post season review I did of the state (March, June?) breaking it down by classifications, doing super early Top 10s and 20s? If I can ever find it I'll repost it. Maybe for something else to fight (or laugh) about!
totally agree Stalk- PR is no "lock" Peters, ICS and Roman all look great

I'm in the camp that believes this is Imhotep best team. I think Denmark gives them a dimension they havent really had before. Of course we have seen talented Imhotep teams make it to Hershey before and lay an egg so who really knows

Reactions: Stalker
I'm in the camp that believes this is Imhotep best team. I think Denmark gives them a dimension they havent really had before. Of course we have seen talented Imhotep teams make it to Hershey before and lay an egg so who really knows
Did he get a waiver to play in the playoffs?

Reactions: newport
Dont know his waiver situation. Actually forgot about that. So that could drastically change their chances.

I've also been vocal over the years on this board of Imhoteps struggles in state title games. They have some of the most head scratching losses I have ever seen. The talent hasn't always lined up with game plan/coaching.

Also in agreement that the PR win over PCC is as big a win as we will see in Pa during the regular season. I am by no means taking anything away from them as a team.

But unless Denmark is ineligible for the playoffs, I just have a feeling its their year. They have almost as much, if not as much individual P5 talent as Prep, on a yearly basis. But the Grand Canyon size difference in coaching is major factor

Wow I knew PCC would bounce back from their loss last week and take it out on Penn hills. They throttled them tonight.

How about peters township. They beat Lebo 42-0 and have let up 27 points through 8 games
I think peters is starting to pull away as the clear cut favorite. They blew out lebo and beat upper st clair 31-0 but pine Richland is catching fire at the right time. Woody high has the best line in 5A and scoop smith is a nightmare to cover. It'll be interesting

in the last 3 years, some folks have talked about schools like Gateway and Moon, being maybe "best in the state" but they were not even able to the "district" so its still too early to "crown Peters"

in the last 3 years, some folks have talked about schools like Gateway and Moon, being maybe "best in the state" but they were not even able to the "district" so its still too early to "crown Peters"
Yep there's still to much ball to be played. I can name half a dozen teams that all have a chance to win it. No other district has the grind that the wpial has. That's why I think it's comical when everyone wrote off PCC.

Drip, you need to look up some history if you don't think D3, D1 or D11 don't have 'grinds' to find their champ.
And I don't know anyone in D3 or D1 that has written off PCC. Hopefully you're not taking a few entries on a message board as gospel. Who wrote off PCC?

Reactions: bucksftball
Drip, you need to look up some history if you don't think D3, D1 or D11 don't have 'grinds' to find their champ.
And I don't know anyone in D3 or D1 that has written off PCC. Hopefully you're not taking a few entries on a message board as gospel. Who wrote off PCC?
Really is a shame what happened to d1 6A football

I'm taking about some of the people on this board. Sjp is definitely going to be a giant favorite every year but outside of them I like PCC and the talent they have. Harrisburg and state college will be a problem for anyone over in district 3. I love state colleges young running back. He's a monster. It's hard to know how good cb west is. Seems like district 1 has been down over the years and isn't what it use to be.

I have written off Central Catholic as far as winning a state title goes

not sure why you guys think they have a chance, it's far more likely NA beats them than Central winning the state

I have written off Central Catholic as far as winning a state title goes

not sure why you guys think they have a chance, it's far more likely NA beats them than Central winning the state
Sjp is a giant favorite but no one thought lebo and PR would beat them. I'm not writing anymore off. That's why they play the game. Central has the talent.

Sjp is a giant favorite but no one thought lebo and PR would beat them. I'm not writing anymore off. That's why they play the game. Central has the talent.
Your first statement is flat wrong.

Anyone who actually followed SJP in 2017 knew they were a couple of notches below the teams of the previous three years, especially the 2016 team led by Swift, then a senior. They beat Coatesville in the semi-final in a very close game that Coatesville led by a couple of TDs in the third quarter before shooting themselves in the foot--a couple of times. PR with Jerkovec, meanwhile, came into the final regarded by seemingly everyone in the west as clearly better than the 2014 team that was in the game against SJP until the final play.

In 2021, SJP lost at home to Milton and lost in the regular season to LaSalle. They beat Father Judge--a so-so team that year--by one TD late in the year, Archbishop Wood in the PCL semi-final by three points on a last minute field goal, and Freedom in the state quarterfinal by seven or ten points. Mount Lebanon had beaten everyone by wide margins and seemed to be viewed by lots of people in the western part of the state as very strong. Anybody who thought they were decided underdogs against SJP had bought into the myth of SJP as a nearly invincible team--not someting anyone who had actually paid attention to them that year shared.

Your first statement is flat wrong.

Anyone who actually followed SJP in 2017 knew they were a couple of notches below the teams of the previous three years, especially the 2016 team led by Swift, then a senior. They beat Coatesville in the semi-final in a very close game that Coatesville led by a couple of TDs in the third quarter before shooting themselves in the foot--a couple of times. PR with Jerkovec, meanwhile, came into the final regarded by seemingly everyone in the west as clearly better than the 2014 team that was in the game against SJP until the final play.

In 2021, SJP lost at home to Milton and lost in the regular season to LaSalle. They beat Father Judge--a so-so team that year--by one TD late in the year, Archbishop Wood in the PCL semi-final by three points on a last minute field goal, and Freedom in the state quarterfinal by seven or ten points. Mount Lebanon had beaten everyone by wide margins and seemed to be viewed by lots of people in the western part of the state as very strong. Anybody who thought they were decided underdogs against SJP had bought into the myth of SJP as a nearly invincible team--not someting anyone who had actually paid attention to them that year shared.
That sjps prep team was #8 in the country by rivals, undefeated going into the title game, and the defending state champs. Pine Richland was definitely the underdog going into that game. The 2021 team that lost to la salle blew them out in the playoffs. I think it was 42-0 or 42-7 if my memory is right. I would say that lebo and PR both had great teams but were underdogs going into the game in Hershey.
Most people including most people on the board were picking them.

Last edited:
That sjps prep team was #8 in the country by rivals, undefeated going into the title game, and the defending state champs. Pine Richland was definitely the underdog going into that game. The 2021 team that lost to la salle blew them out in the playoffs. I think it was 42-0 or 42-7 if my memory is right. I would say that lebo and PR both had great teams but were underdogs going into the game in Hershey.
Most people including most people on the board were picking them.
This is where knowing the details helps. The only "national" games the Prep played in 2017 were against Tampa Jesuit (which was 6-5 that year) and St. Peter's Prep (which lost the Jersey title game to Bergen 42-7 and which SJP beat by 7 points). Anyone who saw the Coatesville game would know SJP's defense would have a real problem with Jercovec--as they did. If the Prep was ranked so high by Rivals, it's because such rankings place too much emphasis on the team's performance the previous year or two.

As for 2021, yes, they beat LaSalle 42-7, but it was one of those games where everything went wrong for LaSalle. All the other games I mentioned ended as I described. Nobody who paid much attention to them that year 1) thought they should be big favorites or even favorites against Mount Lebanon and 2) was surprised they lost. AGAIN--they beat Wood by a last-minute field goal and were in a very close game--at home--against Freedom in the state quarterfinal and lost two games earlier in the season.

Reactions: Stalker
A down year for St. Joes is losing in the state final. That’s unbelievable
No one at SJP considers 2017 and 2021 as "down years."

One thing I'm certain about. If SJP were not participating in the state playoffs this year and if either NA or PCC were to run the table and win the state championship, supporters of NA or PCC would be saying NA or PCC would have given SJP a very good game and might have beaten them. "If only ..."

Many who say they don't think SJP should be in the state playoffs like to have it both ways. If SJP wins, it's because they're a four-state all-star team that has a million-dollar football program. If SJP loses, then a heroic David has slain Goliath and cosmic justice has been achieved.

Tulla - Bingo.

I am biased, but don't think I felt that the 2017 P-R team was some huge underdog. We had better players, including the one who touched the ball every play. Simple.

Lebo was more surprising to me as they didn't have the high end talent, but a lot of very good HS football players with a few (2) solid mid major type kids.

the two Lebo kids should have gone p5. They’re killing it at navy as sophomores. If Covid didn’t happen I bet they would’ve gotten Pitt O’s

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT