ADVERTISEMENT

Pine Beats PCC

northalleghenytiger

Aug 22, 2022
Biggezst upset in wpial history. Also remove PCC from greatest of all time territory. NA will win Wpials this year

Biggezst upset in wpial history. Also remove PCC from greatest of all time territory. NA will win Wpials this year
Don't get ahead of yourself. PCC will be fine it's a nonconference game. PCC blew out NA by 4 tds. Another giant upset if MaxPreps score is right is TJ lost to trinity.

Don't get ahead of yourself. PCC will be fine it's a nonconference game. PCC blew out NA by 4 tds. Another giant upset if MaxPreps score is right is TJ lost to trinity.
it at least proves they are no threat to SJP

I watched the first half of NA and Lebo on TV

NA destroyed them, the score wasn't as close as the final indicated

i think it's possible they can win the WPIAL

I watched the first half of NA and Lebo on TV

NA destroyed them, the score wasn't as close as the final indicated

i think it's possible they can win the WPIAL
PCC will be fine. This year almost has a 2015 feel to it where the top teams beat one another. I think the wpial is the best district in the state it just shows the grind these teams have to go through. Im still picking PCC to win the wpial and come out the west but NAs got a solid team as well. Hopefully the rematch is a better game.

PCC scored 1 offensive TD and got ran all over. Impressed by PR.

Pillar rushed 56 times for 295 yards.

Saw a few highlight clips of the game. Seemed like PR went to a single wing/wildcat type of situation and just ran the ball down PCC throat and they just couldn't stop it. It's only a 75 second clip so it might not tell the entire story.

What did PR do defensively to only allow 1 offensive td to an offense avg about 50 a game?

Reactions: new2pa
Saw a few highlight clips of the game. Seemed like PR went to a single wing/wildcat type of situation and just ran the ball down PCC throat and they just couldn't stop it. It's only a 75 second clip so it might not tell the entire story.

What did PR do defensively to only allow 1 offensive td to an offense avg about 50 a game?
PCC beat themselves more than PR did defensively. Multiple guys running free for big gains or TD’s and the QB couldn’t connect or they flat out dropped it. Also play calling was really suspect on PCC part. Their last drive was 4 straight runs that ended up getting stuffed on 4th down. They try to run the plays so fast they can’t really get a rhythm going. Their passing game seemed to just be deep shots down field every play, no quick passing or anything we were accustomed to seeing at pr. Their drives would end as quick as they started and pr would just run it down their throat playing clock control. Played right into ledonne’s plan. Also another big factor is former longtime PCC OC Steve bezilla at pr now as the OC, who was passed up for hc in favor of lehmier. He definitely knows all those kids strengths and weaknesses, this win has his name written all over it. PR needs to perfect this strategy, with strader as the main qb to run the table in their remaining conference slate.

On another note I’ve also lost a ton of respect for lehmier. Supposedly throwing profanity at pr players, comparing them to older siblings and calling them trash. People were throwing rallies and making petitions to try to get them back when they were unjustly fired, and I’d say most people around here were happy for all them when they were still able to coach at SV/mars and now PCC. Dude wants to act like he’s on a revenge mission and stick a middle finger up at the people who had his back. Lame AF, and I hope that L stings extra for them. PCC’s football team has always been the opposite of the schools value and mission statements, I’ve witnessed that multiple times over the past few years.

Last edited:
Jacky, your assessment of the passing game sounds like what I watched in the games they won, except they connected on those plays.

That’s too bad to hear about Lehmeier. The record shows pretty clearly he didn’t have a lot of success at Seneca. Obviously time will tell and change was probably needed at PCC but this has to be at least a little bit of a setback given the immense amount of talent they have this year. Hard to believe that he would say something to a player that derogatory. Not doubting it happened, but you don’t hear about that very often at all, particularly at elite programs.

Will be interesting to see if PCC does anything about the stuff you mentioned.

Why does it seem teams are successful running against 2 p5 LBs and a p5 DT? Really should be centrals strength
Just a few thoughts:

1. What PR did this weekend was different from what it did to win the state championship last year. Last year was much more of a spread look and then running Q counter over and over. Lots of pullers. Friday's game was iso and no pull power, where the kicker AND the wrapper were both lined up in the backfield as a wing / HB. No pullers means no leaks and no gaps to shoot for stud LBs.

2. For as long as people have been playing gap scheme football, the euphemism has been "run right at him" when you are talking about someone's stud defender. I've seen a ton of games where that was the case and it was effective. At least here in SE PA, I can think of plenty of teams with D1 guys who get run over. Sometimes it's coaching, lack of preparation, and / or just the fact that teams are used to defending spread teams whose run plays are primarily zone.

3. True Wildcat is a +1 for the offense. It took PCC a long time to get out of their 3 man front and add another d-lineman. I think by then they were gassed. Chewing the clock prevents the PCC offense from getting into any type of a rhythm. They also didn't handle power very well defensively. The OLB / DE was catching the kick out block repeatedly. The hole wasn't getting reduced, and the block wasn't being taken on physically. Sometimes when you have studs on D, you let them play and they are just better than the offense. Sometimes the offense is executing to the degree that your studs also need to play with great technique. I didn't see that from PCC.

Last edited:
Reactions: new2pa
Just a few thoughts:

1. What PR did this weekend was different from what it did to win the state championship last year. Last year was much more of a spread look and then running Q counter over and over. Lots of pullers. Friday's game was iso and no pull power, where the kicker AND the wrapper were both lined up in the backfield as a wing / HB. No pullers means no leaks and no gaps to shoot for stud LBs.

2. For as long as people have been playing gap scheme football, the euphemism has been "run right at him" when you are talking about someone's stud defender. I've seen a ton of games where that was the case and it was effective. At least here in SE PA, I can think of plenty of teams with D1 guys who get run over. Sometimes it's coaching, lack of preparation, and / or just the fact that teams are used to defending spread teams whose run plays are primarily zone.

3. True Wildcat is a +1 for the offense. It took PCC a long time to get out of their 3 man front and add another d-lineman. I think by then they were gassed. Chewing the clock prevents the PCC offense from getting into any type of a rhythm. They also didn't handle power very well defensively. The OLB / DE was catching the kick out block repeatedly. The hole wasn't getting reduced, and the block wasn't being taken on physically. Sometimes when you have studs on D, you let them play and they are just better than the offense. Sometimes the offense is executing to the degree that your studs also need to play with great technique. I didn't see that from PCC.
Pillar carried the ball 56 times!

also- our stud OL, Cory played tackle instead of guard-it seemed like pcc did not notice!!

basic defense scheme by PR was different, 3-3-5 and 4-2-5, had a nickel guy like 48/50 plays, ive never seen that in like 6 years of watching PR closely

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT