ADVERTISEMENT

NA over Pitt CC

WpialHSFB

Nov 30, 2010
NA over Pitt CC in a close one. Despite all the talent PCC defense can't stop NA enough to win. Penn Trafford looking TOUGH in their win over McKeesport. Wpial is stacked this year. NA, PR, PT, Woody, PCC could all pull off a win this year.

PCC big boys ran out of gas in the 4th quarter. They are wasting a ton of talent.
I thought that PCC was the team to beat this year,but knew they would be challenged by at least 3-4 others in the WPIAL PCC64,who do you think wins D-7 now?

PCC big boys ran out of gas in the 4th quarter. They are wasting a ton of talent.
I thought that PCC was the team to beat this year,but knew they would be challenged by at least 3-4 others in the WPIAL PCC64,who do you think wins D-7 now?

Just a guess on my part as I only go to the PCC games. The talk is that the Pine Richland soph Qb is already better than Ben DiNucci. If that is true that makes them the team to beat in my mind.i would say it's between Woodland Hills , Penn Trafford, and Pine Richland. You can't count PCC out of the mix if they start playing as a team and peak come play off time. Right now they aren't playing as a team and their interior offensive line needs to improve. Troy Fisher their Soph Qb looks like he will be a good one but he still has his soph moments. I don't think North Alleg will be there in the end even though they pulled out the win against PCC.

Thanks PCC, I watched the Penn Trafford/ McKeesport game on PCN a few weeks ago and was impressed with them. The WPIAL playoffs should be great. I wish they were televised out here in Philly.

Just a guess on my part as I only go to the PCC games. The talk is that the Pine Richland soph Qb is already better than Ben DiNucci. If that is true that makes them the team to beat in my mind.i would say it's between Woodland Hills , Penn Trafford, and Pine Richland. You can't count PCC out of the mix if they start playing as a team and peak come play off time. Right now they aren't playing as a team and their interior offensive line needs to improve. Troy Fisher their Soph Qb looks like he will be a good one but he still has his soph moments. I don't think North Alleg will be there in the end even though they pulled out the win against PCC.

Jurkovec is better than DiNucci in some ways - size, speed and athleticism. If recollection serves, he is also a far better passer and "field general" as a sophomore than DiNucci was at the same age. However, his release isn't close to being as fast as DiNucci's was last year. Probably because he is much taller. Anyway, it seems to me that PR has extended their offense this year to include a running QB and much more downfield throwing, while keeping the tempo very high. People here knew that Jurkovec was good and that whole 10th grade group pummeled people as freshman - but people also expected a lot of those sophomores to have to play - which isn't a good idea in this conference. However, it seems like PR is starting almost all seniors with a few juniors sprinkled in, and sophomore's play small roles (besides the QB). I guess that is a better recipe for success.

I still think PCC has the best talent in the WPIAL and have the capability on defense to shut down anyone anytime. But teams like PT, PR, Woody, etc. are playing really good ball, and mainly, seem to be executing their systems effectively.

The PR-PCC game next week will tell us a lot - that is for sure. And playoffs will be interesting!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT