ADVERTISEMENT

Some big matchups in the wpial this week

DripDrop

Aug 31, 2023
1. PCC vs NA- conference game and both 4-0. Winner will be favorite to win 6A
2. Peters township vs Upper St Clair- conference game and both 4-0.
3. Thomas Jefferson vs Belle Vernon- two of the best team in the wpial and state and both 4-0.
All these games will see where these teams stand and will be tough games getting them ready for the playoffs
My picks- PCC, USC, and TJ

those 3 games are more interesting than every game last Friday

I mean Southmoreland vs Knoch was the Post Gazette game of the week

Once again throwing stones from a glass house. NA has just as many transfers for football as PCC the last decade. Their best player Boyd is from California lol. NA has done horrific against lehmier led offenses w talent over the years, should be no different. Nobody in western pa has the looks to be able to defend them this year imo. I’ll take PCC by 21

Reactions: new2pa
Once again throwing stones from a glass house. NA has just as many transfers for football as PCC the last decade. Their best player Boyd is from California lol. NA has done horrific against lehmier led offenses w talent over the years, should be no different. Nobody in western pa has the looks to be able to defend them this year imo. I’ll take PCC by 21
Every player on PcC is a transfer. NA is extremely underrated this year. NA by 14

NA has 2700 students. They are a college. NA fans can't talk. You are already starting to cry and make excuses. We will see how much sh$t you talk after Friday.
Well now I know your a Central Catholic fan. But your just being silly again.

If number of students was the be all and end all, why isn’t reading high school the best team in the state? If you combined NA and Seneca valley high school population, they’d still be 500 students short of Reading. It’s a rhetorical question because you can’t answer it

As for Fridays game, you’ll see why Art Walker Jr. Is a top 5 wpial coach all time, when he delivers a masterclass against the western Pennsylvanian Vikings

1. PCC vs NA- conference game and both 4-0. Winner will be favorite to win 6A
2. Peters township vs Upper St Clair- conference game and both 4-0.
3. Thomas Jefferson vs Belle Vernon- two of the best team in the wpial and state and both 4-0.
All these games will see where these teams stand and will be tough games getting them ready for the playoffs
My picks- PCC, USC, and TJ
Interesting, tough games:
Peters home vs USC: neither has played anyone. Revenge factor to PT losing last year 17-10.
Pitt CC at NA: Sch dif advantage to Catholic with a lot to prove losing twice to NA last year.
TJ at BV: 1 game advantage to TJ at 4-0, BV 3-0 and won ly at TJ 21-7.

Every player on PcC is a transfer. NA is extremely underrated this year. NA by 14
Technically you aren’t a transfer until 9th grade, so that’s incorrect. If you’re referring to the geographical advantage the private schools have, NA has just as much as one being how huge it is. And they’ve benefited plenty getting kids from bordering school districts. Also I’d love to know how guys like Boyd and Taylor end up from CA at NA, how practically half of north Catholics team went to NA a few years ago when their coach got fired. Or the various other move ins from wpial schools. It’s much more egregious than what PCC has done recently, just saying.

Technically you aren’t a transfer until 9th grade, so that’s incorrect. If you’re referring to the geographical advantage the private schools have, NA has just as much as one being how huge it is. And they’ve benefited plenty getting kids from bordering school districts. Also I’d love to know how guys like Boyd and Taylor end up from CA at NA, how practically half of north Catholics team went to NA a few years ago when their coach got fired. Or the various other move ins from wpial schools. It’s much more egregious than what PCC has done recently, just saying.
I’m going to go ahead and disagree. Centrals QB is from Norwin, and he would be their best player if he stayed. I’m not familiar with where the rest of Centrals kids are from, but suffice to say every individual starter on PCC would be the best or a top player on their home schools team. I find that to be a much bigger advantage than NA having the largest population in 6A

I’m going to go ahead and disagree. Centrals QB is from Norwin, and he would be their best player if he stayed. I’m not familiar with where the rest of Centrals kids are from, but suffice to say every individual starter on PCC would be the best or a top player on their home schools team. I find that to be a much bigger advantage than NA having the largest population in 6A
Again, you're just peddling these talking points to take away the sting of NA losing Friday.

Lol I’m well aware of where the central kids come from, I’m asking you how NA doesn’t have an advantage while being able to bring multiple kids in cross country to play for them, as well as other move-ins from the wpial.

Lol I’m well aware of where the central kids come from, I’m asking you how NA doesn’t have an advantage while being able to bring multiple kids in cross country to play for them, as well as other move-ins from the wpial.
I’d say it’s the same advantage as any other school. I’m not sure how the transfer rule entirely works, but I think the first year they transfer they have to sit out of the playoffs. Didn’t Pine get Kenny White and That Burns kid from Florida? It’s not just NA if that’s what your asking

ART WALKER JR. 🐐🐐🐐
uh Walker was born and raised in Baldwin

if he lied how many of these kids lied?

and are we going to forget Walker was their coach on Central's 2003 and 2004 title teams? now he's playing innocent? what a douche i lost all respect for him and I hope Central pounds them now

lets face facts.... all the perennial powerhouses at every level are dirty

Last edited:
uh Walker was born and raised in Baldwin

if he lied how many of these kids lied?

and are we going to forget Walker was their coach on Central's 2003 and 2004 title teams? now he's playing innocent? what a douche i lost all respect for him and I hope Central pounds them now

lets face facts.... all the perennial powerhouses at every level are dirty
The question was were they lived now. Big Art JR lives here now

If you lost all respect for him after one comment you didn’t have much respect for him to begin with

Also rooting for PCC? Are you sure you went to ringgold?

Repeat of my questions - was that Walker in the video? It sorted looked like him but couldn't tell.

Tiger, is NA-PCC on any media to see or hear tonight?
Oh great. Wanted to get to CD-SC but can't get away. Should be a great one; the first of two! Good luck and health to both. Thanks New.

Last edited:
15000 fans will be in attendance. This is the game of the century
uh- tiger, not sure if u are kidding- this is a big game, but hardly the "game of the century." but there are many other much "bigger games" in the wpial every year- one example is Aliquippa v Central Valley last year- 2 reigning state champs. PCC could lose this game 75-0 and still come back and "win wpial."

uh- tiger, not sure if u are kidding- this is a big game, but hardly the "game of the century." but there are many other much "bigger games" in the wpial every year- one example is Aliquippa v Central Valley last year- 2 reigning state champs. PCC could lose this game 75-0 and still come back and "win wpial."
6a>4a. This game will have far more people than quip cv

I thought 2014 P-R vs PCC at Highmark on TV was game of century!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT