ADVERTISEMENT

Some big matchups in the wpial this week

Give NA high marks for turnovers. Just fumbles again..2nd half after holding PC 3 and out. Givin it to them!

The NA fumble on the punt return was not necessary (especially as it allowed the short-field PCC score). And now as it's the fourth-quarter, the 21 point deficit may just be too much to overcome.

PCC is starting to have their way as the Vikings have just gone up 43-15 early in the fourth.

I'd say I can start getting ready for dinner (out here in LA) as this one is in the bank.

The Vikings are a solid group.

50 burger by PCC. Lot of weapons on offense that can really widen a defense out and exploit the mismatches. The Rb is a tough and physical runner. 1st contact seems to rarely bring him down. I still think Prep is at least a 17 point favorite against them. Either way, great game by PCC. Super solid team

The question was were they lived now. Big Art JR lives here now

If you lost all respect for him after one comment you didn’t have much respect for him to begin with

Also rooting for PCC? Are you sure you went to ringgold?
they could've moved there just to play football

don't you think he is being a bit of a hypocrite? i mean his success at Central is how he got the NA job, he benefited from their advantage as much as anybody

Go ahead and laugh it up, you guys were waiting for this

First, congratulations to PCC on winning this REGULAR season game. They have a really good team this year. In essence, this is the WPIAL championship.

Now, getting to the game. NA shot themselves in the foot. Just too many turnovers. The egregious one was the pick when we were on the 5 going in to score, and threw the ball for some reason after running easily down the field. Not the greatest coaching in this one. Also could not stop PCC run game. Have to fix that before the next meeting.

I’m not as panicked as some of you mentally fragile people would be. NA outgained PCC in yards in the first half. Again, turnovers did them in. 4 turnovers can’t happen again.

Next time this game is played, it will be a lot closer, believe that. Get your jokes in now, because we’re back to the drawing board

Go ahead and laugh it up, you guys were waiting for this

First, congratulations to PCC on winning this REGULAR season game. They have a really good team this year. In essence, this is the WPIAL championship.

Now, getting to the game. NA shot themselves in the foot. Just too many turnovers. The egregious one was the pick when we were on the 5 going in to score, and threw the ball for some reason after running easily down the field. Not the greatest coaching in this one. Also could not stop PCC run game. Have to fix that before the next meeting.

I’m not as panicked as some of you mentally fragile people would be. NA outgained PCC in yards in the first half. Again, turnovers did them in. 4 turnovers can’t happen again.

Next time this game is played, it will be a lot closer, believe that. Get your jokes in now, because we’re back to the drawing board
I think it'll be much of the same thing in the wpial finals. Cole Sullivan the Michigan recruit with a huge game last night. He had some big tackles and caught 2 tds. PCC is just to good and the better team. PCC and st joes prep are just a step above all other teams in the state.

Big win for the vikings. nervous in the first half, but was able to pull away in the first half. Have to clean up the penalties.

Big win for the vikings. nervous in the first half, but was able to pull away in the first half. Have to clean up the penalties.
PCC has the best linebacking Corp in Pa. Between Anthony Speca (Penn State) and Cole Sullivan (Michigan). NA is a good team and would beat up on most 6A schools in the state and PCC ran away with this game. This PCC team is special.

Prep has 2 Jr linebackers that are top 200 players nationally in their class (Sacca and Smith) with offers from all over the country as well. They helped hold the #2 RB in the country from IMG to 63 yards on 23 carries.

PCC is a super solid team. They have enough offense to keep it interesting against Prep if they get to Hershey (CV).

I still think Prep is at least a 3 score (17 point) favorite against PCC if they play in December

Prep has 2 Jr linebackers that are top 200 players nationally in their class (Sacca and Smith) with offers from all over the country as well. They helped hold the #2 RB in the country from IMG to 63 yards on 23 carries.

PCC is a super solid team. They have enough offense to keep it interesting against Prep if they get to Hershey (CV).

I still think Prep is at least a 3 score (17 point) favorite against PCC if they play in December
NA rushed for a little over 100 yards in the first half. Then Alualu got hurt in the 3rd. Prep should have no problem with running the ball at least (assuming PCV vs SJP is the final)

Reactions: newport

Prep has a good linebacker Corp but I'm still going with PCC's with Speca and Sullivan. It'll be prep and PCC in late December. I don't think it's fare to compare prep to any other high school in Pennsylvania but I'm not going down this rabbit hole again. Prep has advantages other schools including other private schools don't have. You mentioned playing img on ESPN. That game alone will draw in top talent from new Jersey and Philly. A kid plays a big game in that game and he could earn himself a major college scholarship. PCC plays one game in week zero that isn't a wpial team. You are correct in that prep will be the favorite in any game they play but historically the wpial has been the one to beat prep and PCC is special.

Last edited:
I would expect a PCC fan to take the PCC guys in a heads up comparison. And that is totally fine. I have zero affiliation to either school. I have seen both schools play (stream or tv) and just go by what my eyes tell me. And me saying I would take Preps Lbs over PCCs is not a shot at Specca and Sullivan. Both very very good players going to big time schools. But I also saw one team hold the #2 RB in the country to less than 3 yards a carry on 20+ carries and I saw a team let the opposing QB get loose on multiple runs when they went man. And I dont think the NA qb is anything close athlete wise to Semaj Jones. And that spells big time trouble.

Again, PCC is a very good HS team. That spread with those athletes will keep things interesting. The RB is a stud as well. Runs very hard and gets a ton of creases bc of how they spread you out with athletes. Just dont think they can stay within 3 scores of Prep. PCC will be the 4th or 5th best team they play this year, if they both make it to the title game. But that's why they play the games on the field and not on paper.

As a guy with zero affiliation to either school, I hope both teams make it thru the rest of the year 100% healthy and we get an all time classic in December

Reactions: lilromeo and new2pa
I saw that Sullivan had 2 td catches for PCC. How many players go both ways for the Vikings? I watched the stream so I didnt have access to a program or roster to try and keep track of guys/jersey numbers

I saw that Sullivan had 2 td catches for PCC. How many players go both ways for the Vikings? I watched the stream so I didnt have access to a program or roster to try and keep track of guys/jersey numbers
I too have zero affiliation to either schools and I'm just a fan of football on any level. I like watching a midgets game as much as the NFL. I'm from western Pa and I will jump on the bandwagon of any team thats really good in the area. I disagree with you also. Prep might be the better team and I did watch that img game online. PCC linebackers are both big fast and run down hill. I'll take PCC linebackers over any in the state including preps. Not to mention the third member of PCC's linebacking Corp is Bradley Gompers who has Boston college, pitt unlv, and west Virginia offers. I would be curious what 5 teams on preps schedule would beat PCC. Heres a list of PCC's D1 guys. 1. Speca- PSU 2. Gonzalez- PSU 3. Sullivan-Michigan 4. Yuas- Pitt 5. Gompers - bc, Pitt, unlv, wvu 5. Xxavier thomas- Akron 6. Colsen gatten- PSU, Pitt, Wisconsin 7. Ashton blatt- PSU, Pitt 8. Larry moon- Pitt wvu and 9. Roman Thomson- Auburn, PSU, and Pitt.

Last edited:
also- drip- those guys have potential- but these kids have not been in the battles, and have not faced the level of competition that SJP kids have, for several years

now- after the reg season, IF the PCC team, can decisively "win-out" then maybe yes, fans can get directions, and scout-out dinner locations in CV. No easy road- Cannon-Mac who is 4-1, PR who is the defending 5A state champ- then Penn Hills and Gateway? They will "earn their ranking" if PCC can finish 10-0

also- drip- those guys have potential- but these kids have not been in the battles, and have not faced the level of competition that SJP kids have, for several years
https://pittsburghsportsnow.com/202...aded-with-d-i-talent-across-all-four-classes/ Larry moon is the only one with potentials because he's a freshman but he will get those offers.
Agreed, no one has the level of competition as prep in the state. I'm not a prep hater but they are what they are. They are a traveling all star team.

Last edited:
Reactions: lilromeo
Isn't PCC the same at the local (Pitt area) level?
Private schools all have the same advantages as far as no boundaries but I think what sets prep apart from other private schools is their schedule. You can guarantee kids that theyre playing the top teams in the country (img, St Thomas, Lakeland, ect.. ) You will play against the top players in the country along side top talent in the country and college coaches are going to be in the stands. There were more colleges coaches watching the Prep img game then probably all the other Pennsylvania high school football games combined. I could say that every single major D1 college had at least a scout at that game. Prep does emphasize football and academics too. Prep tells these kids they are going to go there for a better opportunity to get there gps up, college paid for by earning a athletic scholarship, and you will have a better chance to get into a major university. You will play on national tv and you can pull the best talent from new Jersey and Philly. Both heavily populated areas. I have no issue with prep but I just don't think it's fare when people compare other pa schools to them. PCC pulls from Pittsburgh and plays wpial schools. The PCC teams that stick out and seem special to me are '04,15,and 23 and that's preps team every year. I'm not a graduate of any school in pa so I have no bias to any school. You see the same schools as prep in other states as well. Bishop Gorman, St Thomas Aquinas, St Francis, ect.... I'm also one that doesn't want to see them separate private from public athleticly. I want to see the best schools play the best schools but let's not act like other schools don't have athletic advantages.

Last edited:
Private schools all have the same advantages as far as no boundaries but I think what sets prep apart from other private schools is their schedule. You can guarantee kids that theyre playing the top teams in the country (img, St Thomas, Lakeland, ect.. ) You will play against the top players in the country along side top talent in the country and college coaches are going to be in the stands. There were more colleges coaches watching the Prep img game then probably all the other Pennsylvania high school football games combined. I could say that every single major D1 college had at least a scout at that game. Prep does emphasize football and academics too. Prep tells these kids they are going to go there for a better opportunity to get there gps up, college paid for by earning a athletic scholarship, and you will have a better chance to get into a major university. You will play on national tv and you can pull the best talent from new Jersey and Philly. Both heavily populated areas. I have no issue with prep but I just don't think it's fare when people compare other pa schools to them. PCC pulls from Pittsburgh and plays wpial schools. The PCC teams that stick out and seem special to me are '04,15,and 23 and that's preps team every year. I'm not a graduate of any school in pa so I have no bias to any school. You see the same schools as prep in other states as well. Bishop Gorman, St Thomas Aquinas, St Francis, ect.... I'm also one that doesn't want to see them separate private from public athleticly. I want to see the best schools play the best schools but let's not act like other schools don't have athletic advantages.
Drip. I'm well aware of SJP's advantages and who they are, living in their area for over 30 years and seeing many games, particularly when played in my neighborhood at Widener and O'Hara.

And of course, PCC is not the same as SJP. I wasn't clear. What I rarely see on this board is any mention of the substantial gulf between PCC and boundary schools they play. Where's that outcry?

Private schools that opt to have successful football teams like PCC, McDevitt and others well known to the board have advantages and resources Central Dauphin, Downingtown, Parkland, Harrisburg, State College and most of the highly successful boundary schools don't have. Of course there are exceptions. Transfers happen.

My point was as much as people are quick to unendingly point out SJP's advantages, they seem most hesitant to mention those of McDevitt's, PCC's, et al relative to boundary schools they play.

Drip. I'm well aware of SJP's advantages and who they are, living in their area for over 30 years and seeing many games, particularly when played in my neighborhood at Widener and O'Hara.

And of course, PCC is not the same as SJP. I wasn't clear. What I rarely see on this board is any mention of the substantial gulf between PCC and boundary schools they play. Where's that outcry?

Private schools that opt to have successful football teams like PCC, McDevitt and others well known to the board have advantages and resources Central Dauphin, Downingtown, Parkland, Harrisburg, State College and most of the highly successful boundary schools don't have. Of course there are exceptions. Transfers happen.

My point was as much as people are quick to unendingly point out SJP's advantages, they seem most hesitant to mention those of McDevitt's, PCC's, et al relative to boundary schools they play.
I think it’s due to the demographics of this board, like half of this pages users are SJP alumni. That’s why they’re brought up alot on here. If you look at WPIAL pages on Twitter and Facebook, there is a lot of arguments regarding PCC

Just a quick search comes up with this. I'm sure when it's all said and done, this 2023 Prep team will end up having anywhere between 25 and 30 D1 kids on it

Semaj Jones- Cincy commit. Psu, okla, Tenn offers among others

Elijah Jones- Cincy. Psu, pitt, duke offers

Omilio Agard- Wisconsin commit. Clemson, Bama, FSU, Georgia, LSU, Miami, Michigan, ND, Psu, USC, Tennessee offers

Brandon Rehmann- WVU commit. Kentucky, Oregon, psu, Tennessee, Wisconsin offers

David Washington- Kentucky commit. Mich st, Virginia, Oregon, Wisconsin offers

Maxwell Roy- Georgia, Michigan, ohio state, psu, usc, Wisconsin, A&M, Tennessee offers. Top 20 DT in his class

Anthony Sacca- Psu, fsu, georgia, miami, ND, ohio state, oregon, usc, Tennessee offers. Top 20 LB in his class

Cam Smith- psu, Michigan, A&M offers. Top 20 lb in his class

Khalil Stewart- psu, kentucky, BC, Maryland offers

Isaiah West- Mich st, Pitt, psu, Wisconsin offers

I'm sure there are plenty of jrs and soph that have D1 offers. Just dont feel like digging too deep while the Eagles are on

Just a quick search comes up with this. I'm sure when it's all said and done, this 2023 Prep team will end up having anywhere between 25 and 30 D1 kids on it

Semaj Jones- Cincy commit. Psu, okla, Tenn offers among others

Elijah Jones- Cincy. Psu, pitt, duke offers

Omilio Agard- Wisconsin commit. Clemson, Bama, FSU, Georgia, LSU, Miami, Michigan, ND, Psu, USC, Tennessee offers

Brandon Rehmann- WVU commit. Kentucky, Oregon, psu, Tennessee, Wisconsin offers

David Washington- Kentucky commit. Mich st, Virginia, Oregon, Wisconsin offers

Maxwell Roy- Georgia, Michigan, ohio state, psu, usc, Wisconsin, A&M, Tennessee offers. Top 20 DT in his class

Anthony Sacca- Psu, fsu, georgia, miami, ND, ohio state, oregon, usc, Tennessee offers. Top 20 LB in his class

Cam Smith- psu, Michigan, A&M offers. Top 20 lb in his class

Khalil Stewart- psu, kentucky, BC, Maryland offers

Isaiah West- Mich st, Pitt, psu, Wisconsin offers

I'm sure there are plenty of jrs and soph that have D1 offers. Just dont feel like digging too deep while the Eagles are on
That's pretty common for prep.

In terms of PCC being the 4th or 5th best team Prep will play this year IFFFF they meet in Hershey, I'm fairly confident in that statement going by what I have seenwith my own eyes. Again, not a shot whatsoever at the Vikings. I think it speaks more to Preps strength of schedule. I dont think they are better than St John's of DC, who just blasted traditional Cali power Mission Viejo(D1 players throughout the roster),who Prep scrimmaged and from what I read Prep handled them for the most part. Certainly arent better than IMG. From what I saw, Lakeland gave Prep all they could handle for 3+ quarters so I would give them the advantage also. St Peter's Prep and Don Bosco are traditional powers. Both are having down years by their programs standards but still have D1 prospects all over both rosters. I would put PCC above those 2 this year. So PCC is in that 4th spot, in my opinion.

Hopefully both teams stay healthy and they settle it on the field in December. We are due for a 6A instant classic

Last edited:
Reactions: lilromeo
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT