ADVERTISEMENT

who are the top QBs within the state for 2017

lilromeo

Gold Member
Apr 14, 2014
The top QB for sure is Jurkovick from Pine-Richland. I like the QB from Harrisburg ,but cannot recall his name. Who ya got ?

Connor Uhrig is a typical Wilson QB, heads up, disciplined, good leader. Somewhere around 60%.

Lilromeo; Yahmir Wilkerson is QB for Cougars.

Reactions: lilromeo
Connor Uhrig is a typical Wilson QB, heads up, disciplined, good leader. Somewhere around 60%.

Lilromeo; Yahmir Wilkerson is QB for Cougars.
Thanks stalk ,does McDevitt have a good one this year ?

In D11, Javon Clements from Bethlehem Catholic is probably the guy. Threw for 1,800 yards and 20 TDs last year, and I think they'll turn him loose more in the run game in 2017. He's 6'2 200 and getting FCS looks. He also has two of the best skills players in the Valley in Daizhun Rhodes and Tavion Banks, which will help him pile up numbers.

Michael Ruisch from Parkland may take a step forward. He's rail thin, but at 6'4 can stand in the pocket and see the field in the ways a lot of guys can't. He's also working with QB guru Bret Comp.

Todd Erney of Liberty had a promising start to his sophomore year, but missed a lot of time with disciplinary issues. His status remains to be seen, but he is talented.

In smaller divisions, Notre Dame's Cole DeFranco returns after a huge sophomore campaign where he threw for 3,000 yards and 25 TDs and ran for another 600 and scored 11 times. He's not very big (5'10 175) but plays in a dynamic, QB friendly offense and will put up huge numbers.

Mahmud Dioubate John Bartram High Dual Threat QB that will shine and get lots of publicity. The public league shouldn't be much of a match for him this year. 1000+ in the air and 1000+ on the ground. I think on potential he's the best in the area.

Thanks stalk ,does McDevitt have a good one this year ?

Yeah Lilromeo they have a good one who started the last 3 games when Tayvon Bowers (Wake Forest) went down with a knee for the season against Lower Dauphin. Chase Diehl (6-1, 200, soph) came in, did well, completing the LD game then starting against CD East, M Hershey….then Ship in playoffs. They may start the season ahead of schedule per that pt against quality and playoff experience. They’ll need to be ready early getting West Shore rival Red Land, city rival Harrisburg then Canisius and Cumberland Valley right up front.

No DeMatha this year but Canisius (NY) is loaded with almost everyone back from a 10-2 year. Beat Ohio’s Cardinal Mooney 27-6 last year, losing to Cathedral Prep 28-24 for some perspective.

Little Mt. St. Mary's...........Nice try Mount!

Mahmud Dioubate John Bartram High Dual Threat QB that will shine and get lots of publicity. The public league shouldn't be much of a match for him this year. 1000+ in the air and 1000+ on the ground. I think on potential he's the best in the area.
How did he get away from West Catholic ?

Not quite sure. I know from a write in the daily news that he was enrolled in Prep Charter for a while. It'll be lucky to see where he lands. A little qb polishing and I think the kid could be a great prospect.

Also, Kidd- Jackson have been getting a lot of buzz lately. Picking up an offer from Boston College. Think he'll benefit from another year at the helm full time.

Not quite sure. I know from a write in the daily news that he was enrolled in Prep Charter for a while. It'll be lucky to see where he lands. A little qb polishing and I think the kid could be a great prospect.

Also, Kidd- Jackson have been getting a lot of buzz lately. Picking up an offer from Boston College. Think he'll benefit from another year at the helm full time.
West Catholic is due for a playoff run. Hope Jackson can lead them to a great year.

Brother was starring at Prep Charter. He followed him there. Left when HC resigned. HC is Off. Coordinator at Bartram now. Furthermore, WC really doesn't hit the recruiting trail as much as people might think.

Where did you get the offer from BC info? I'm told that hasn't happened. Think there might be some interest, tho.

The top QB for sure is Jurkovick from Pine-Richland. I like the QB from Harrisburg ,but cannot recall his name. Who ya got ?

There are only two 2018 PA QBs (2017 football season) with Rivals rankings:

Phil Jurkovec
(4-star, Rivals Rating 5.9) currently committed to Notre Dame
Troy Fisher (2-star, Rivals Rating 5.4) of Pitt Central Catholic

The only other 2018 QBs listed in Rivals DB are:

James Hoffman QB 5'8" 135 Waynesboro, PA
Yahmir Wilkerson QB 6'0" 200 Harrisburg, PA
Marquez McCray QB 6'2" 205 Philadelphia, PA
Anre Caldwell QB 5'6" 172 Philadelphia, PA
Brandon Unterkoefler QB 6'0" 205 Exeter, PA
Brian Dwyer QB 6'2" 190 Scranton, PA
Deion Liddell QB 5'10" 165 Montour, PA