ADVERTISEMENT

St Joe Prep 43 over Northeast 26 Final

Admit to being worried when it was 14-0 but they obviously turned it around. Great game from Burrell. Anyone know if/when McCord is expected back?

Worried? Stop being a drama queen. Your team is so much better than anyone in the state.

Worried? Stop being a drama queen. Your team is so much better than anyone in the state.
Why the name-calling?

Northeast, by all accounts, has lots of talent and after scoring TDs on their first two possessions as well as stopping the Prep on theirs must have been feeling some confidence. And of course the Prep was missing McCord. It felt a bit like 2013 when the Prep, playing with a backup QB, beat Frankford by all of 3 points in the D12 final. Worry was appropriate then, too.

Why the name-calling?

Northeast, by all accounts, has lots of talent and after scoring TDs on their first two possessions as well as stopping the Prep on theirs must have been feeling some confidence. And of course the Prep was missing McCord. It felt a bit like 2013 when the Prep, playing with a backup QB, beat Frankford by all of 3 points in the D12 final. Worry was appropriate then, too.

My apologies tulla, you're a stand up guy. I just get bored with Prep romping to another state title. The difference is the level of play in the public schools is not where it was 10-15-20 years ago. Granted we saw great games recently with NP and Coatesville.

My apologies tulla, you're a stand up guy. I just get bored with Prep romping to another state title. The difference is the level of play in the public schools is not where it was 10-15-20 years ago. Granted we saw great games recently with NP and Coatesville.
Thanks, Relayer. Maybe my worry was unwarranted, but it was easy to feel the Prep was ripe for an upset while listening to the first quarter. First time Cooper started as QB, etc.

The real question is, where is “PCL Fan”???!!
I’m not a prep guy, actually a Roman guy. Where are you at!?

NE put up a lot of yards on offense, how does McCord stop that? You had to have been there to know this game was competitive and hard fought. Congrats to SJP and congrats to those NE players for fighting hard.

NE put up a lot of yards on offense, how does McCord stop that? You had to have been there to know this game was competitive and hard fought. Congrats to SJP and congrats to those NE players for fighting hard.
Anyone who watched the Prep play St. John's or IMG knew they had some defensive vulnerabilities, even when Trotter was playing. Of course those two teams play at a different level from the teams the Prep played in the PCL,but from what I've read Northeast has at least a few guys who could play just about anywhere. Plus Northeast had a QB who's been starting for a full four years while the Prep's QB was starting his first game. Hope this doesn't sound like whining from a supporter of the winning team.

Anyone who watched the Prep play St. John's or IMG knew they had some defensive vulnerabilities, even when Trotter was playing. Of course those two teams play at a different level from the teams the Prep played in the PCL,but from what I've read Northeast has at least a few guys who could play just about anywhere. Plus Northeast had a QB who's been starting for a full four years while the Prep's QB was starting his first game. Hope this doesn't sound like whining from a supporter of the winning team.

Tulla,

So, where does the back-up QB live?

jk

Geez Lil….I think you scared everyone away!
Stalker, thanks for reassuring us that the board was not frozen. Can't remember a previous November when there were no posts for over 24 hours.

Friday night at Bethlehem Liberty, 7pm

So. Lehigh - Wood at Pennridge Friday, 7pm

I want to give the PIAA a little credit for having Wood and SL meet in the middle, but wouldn't a doubleheader at Pennridge on Saturday afternoon have been a great idea?

Last edited:
Reactions: scs13
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT