ADVERTISEMENT

North Allegheny VS Saint Joseph’s Preparatory School (STATE CHAMPIONSHIP)

Sammyk A lot of this board is sjp guys and pcl guys. You bring up recruiting and they get salty about it and don't want to hear it. Other then the salty ones I like your post and input.
Look I am all about recruiting and a place like Lasalle would be great. And when I was the head coach at Parkland in Winston Salem you had to recruit to survive. We went from 0-11 to 11-2 and we didn’t just do that with “our kids”. When I was the HC at Rolesville sure we had Byrum
brown Noah Rogers John Adorno but we got in Tamarcus Cooley who went to Maryland Camden Rog Who went to Western Carolina Ect. If I am at say CB West you can bet your last dime I am figuring out a way to get the best CB East and South kid to me but hey that’s me. I am now at a school that has been mediocre at best and we are getting kids to go there. It’s how you level the playing field. I saying if you want to challenge St joes you have to go above and beyond and get a few players from outside your lines to come to your school. Art Walker is a fantastic coach has a few rings is at a huge school with good players and still was not close to St Joes. Now if he had say a few Woodland Hills or Pine Richland Penn hills kids then what

Last edited:
Look I am all about recruiting and a place like Lasalle would be great. And when I was the head coach at Parkland in Winston Salem you had to recruit to survive. We went from 0-11 to 11-2 and we didn’t just do that with “our kids”. When I was the HC at Rolesville sure we had Byrum
brown Noah Rogers John Adorno but we got in Tamarcus Cooley who went to Maryland Camden Rog Who went to Western Carolina Ect. If I am at say CB West you can bet your last dime I am figuring out a way to get the best CB East and South kid to me but hey that’s me. I am now at a school that has been mediocre at best and we are getting kids to go there. It’s how you level the playing field. I saying if you want to challenge St joes you have to go above and beyond and get a few players from outside your lines to come to your school. Art Walker is a fantastic coach has a few rings is at a huge school with good players and still was not close to St Joes. Now if he had say a few Woodland Hills or Pine Richland Penn hills kids then what
All of NA kids aren’t from the area. Yeah they may live there now. No way he done it at PCC and just stopped now.

All of NA kids aren’t from the area. Yeah they may live there now. No way he done it at PCC and just stopped now.
Perhaps but the WPIAL is real real funny about kids transferring. Even if it’s a physical move there are so many hoops you got to jump through. But there still has to be a way

Last edited:
Yes they are, everyone on that team moved there before their freshman year of highschool. Who moved or transfered during the school year?

Yes they are, everyone on that team moved there before their freshman year of highschool. Who moved or transfered during the school year?
Never said they moved there during their high school career. There’s YouTube footage of #4 chatting during the game saying he’s not from pa. I’m not here to debate that to be true.

The only way CB West can get kids there from South or East is to have them move within the district to West territory. Families do not have the right to choose a school within the district. It's been tested (recently by a family) and they failed. That's why if they want to choose a school, they have to choose private, or move.

The only way CB West can get kids there from South or East is to have them move within the district to West territory. Families do not have the right to choose a school within the district. It's been tested (recently by a family) and they failed. That's why if they want to choose a school, they have to choose private, or move.
Pretty sure Wade, who transferred from Wood to CB South, lives in CB West school district.

Yes, West tried to get Carroll before he landed at East - twice. School said no.

Reactions: lilromeo
Pretty sure Wade, who transferred from Wood to CB South lives in CB West school district.

Yes, West tried to get Carroll before he landed at East - twice. School said no.
The Wade family definitely has lived in West territory for at least 10-15+ years, but they claim that he no longer lives there because of a family situation and that was accepted by CBSD. The PIAA also found he could be playoff eligible. Not going to speculate further. (He has a cousin playing and uncle coaching at South)

I would just say that Carroll tried to get West, although I'm sure the feeling was mutual. That's the example I was referencing, and the district office obviously put their foot down.

The Wade family definitely has lived in West territory for at least 10-15+ years, but they claim that he no longer lives there because of a family situation and that was accepted by both CBSD and the PIAA, who also found he could be playoff eligible. Not going to speculate further. (He has a cousin playing and uncle coaching at South)

I would just say that Carroll tried to get West, although I'm sure the feeling was mutual.
So they found a gray area and it worked out in favor of a public school AND Wade got to play football with the kids he grew up playing with. I have no problem with it but it’s shady. Basically they used another address of a family member.

And thats the problem. I am sure that the HC at CBW is trying to find every work around and he should

Never said they moved there during their high school career. There’s YouTube footage of #4 chatting during the game saying he’s not from pa. I’m not here to debate that to be true.
He moved in grade school. Everyone on their team this year played freshman ball at NA. Not a single recruit unlike prep.

He moved in grade school. Everyone on their team this year played freshman ball at NA. Not a single recruit unlike prep.
SJP recruits all its students. No one goes there because they live in a particular school district whose budget comes from everyone's taxes.

Reactions: MC1975
SJP recruits all its students. No one goes there because they live in a particular school district whose budget comes from everyone's taxes.
Crazy that those student happen to be unbelievable athletes that don't live anywhere near the school.

Well that isn’t true. The qb can hear the bell from his house I think most would say he’s a key guy on the team.
Samaj is the exception. Here's what Drip doesn't realize: SJP was NEVER a school that drew a significant number of its students from its own part of the city. When I was a student there a very long time ago, about 50% of the students came from the city of Philadelphia, but mostly from parts of the city (South Philly, different parts of the northeast, Chestnut Hill, SW Philly,, etc.) more than three miles from the school. Demographic, cultural, and economic changes since then have reduced the proportion of Philly-kids in the school. My guess is that about 30% now live in Philadelpia.

Samaj is the exception. Here's what Drip doesn't realize: SJP was NEVER a school that drew a significant number of its students from its own part of the city. When I was a student there a very long time ago, about 50% of the students came from the city of Philadelphia, but mostly from parts of the city (South Philly, different parts of the northeast, Chestnut Hill, SW Philly,, etc.) more than three miles from the school. Demographic, cultural, and economic changes since then have reduced the proportion of Philly-kids in the school. My guess is that about 30% now live in Philadelpia.
In District-3, it's the small private schools, Catholic in this case that are mostly populated by the surrounding population, schools like Delone Catholic in McSherrystown, York Catholic, Lancaster Catholic and Trinity in Camp Hill. I imagine it's the same at Berks Catholic in Reading. Having said that, we lost 3-4 guys from Gettsburg who went to Delone, 14 miles away.
Somewhat different story at McDevitt who gets many from the sprawling boundaries of Harrisburg. Saw where Qb Stone Saunders lives in and I deduce is from Mount Joy, 20 plus miles from Harrisburg.

I imagine the kids at Bonner, Neumann, West and CE are 'locals'....or from surrounding burbs and parts of the city?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT