ADVERTISEMENT

SJP 2016

SJP80

Sep 22, 2013
I've seen SJP, LS & AW this year. The only way AW stays within 21 points is if SJP is jet lagged and mails it in. Same with LaSalle. Prep has significantly more talent than Woof or LaSalle and will win the PCL going away. LaSalle lost too many players and is too young. Wood did not reload/recruit enough to keep up this year. Swift totally unstoppable.

I've seen SJP, LS & AW this year. The only way AW stays within 21 points is if SJP is jet lagged and mails it in. Same with LaSalle. Prep has significantly more talent than Woof or LaSalle and will win the PCL going away. LaSalle lost too many players and is too young. Wood did not reload/recruit enough to keep up this year. Swift totally unstoppable.
I'm really optimistic about this season for SJP, but I hope we all take one game at a time, not burden the team with massive expectations, and hope the team remains fairly healthy through the season.

Reactions: scs13
The season is a whopping 2 games old (or 1 game for SJP), so it might be a little premature for statements like these. SJP is talented, no doubt, but HS football results are determined by a lot more than talent alone (e.g. LaSalle’s victory in PCL championship last year).

Reactions: CYOBALL1
The season is a whopping 2 games old (or 1 game for SJP), so it might be a little premature for statements like these. SJP is talented, no doubt, but HS football results are determined by a lot more than talent alone (e.g. LaSalle’s victory in PCL championship last year).
Huck made a strong case on here that last year the talent of the players who were on the field in the PCL championship game was pretty even between SJP and LaSalle. It could be argued that LaSalle lost a greater portion of their talent to graduation, with the loss of Jones adding to their perceived relative talent deficit this year. But, as I indicated earlier, the Prep should know--and I think they do know--not to get ahead of themselves. The Bosco people are taking a win on Saturday pretty much for granted.

Huck made a strong case on here that last year the talent of the players who were on the field in the PCL championship game was pretty even between SJP and LaSalle. It could be argued that LaSalle lost a greater portion of their talent to graduation, with the loss of Jones adding to their perceived relative talent deficit this year. But, as I indicated earlier, the Prep should know--and I think they do know--not to get ahead of themselves. The Bosco people are taking a win on Saturday pretty much for granted.

They'll be fired up for sure (Heritage loss) and doubt they take SJP for granted, not looking at a 0-2 start. They've had their number but Ironmen following a shutout is a tough emotional spot for Hawks who hopefully don't come in too cocky themselves following last week's laugher!
DBP lost to a strong Heritage team that beat one of GA's top programs prior week so no shame. Not that I've ever bet before but I'd put $ on their coming in focused. (Heard the 3 1/2 was easy $ for Horns last night; Ha ha!)

http://miami.cbslocal.com/2016/09/03/american-heritage-too-much-for-don-bosco-prep-pats-win-21-0/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT