ADVERTISEMENT

Prep/PCC

coverandmove1

Dec 4, 2015
Interested to hear prep faithful take on this game. Soup , any thoughts on PCC from over there?

Interested to hear prep faithful take on this game. Soup , any thoughts on PCC from over there?

Cover - I only saw them once live and they have improved much since based on tape I have seen. Good size on the O-line, tough too. RB Eddy Tilman(1754 yards, 25 TD) is small, very quick and good speed. QB Pieto ( over 1000 yards, 10 TD, 2 int.he did not start the first 3-4 games), I think a D1 baseball commit has to me looked much better down the stretch, good athlete. Their D is big time. Front is top notch with Donald, Allen's Beatty, linebackers are the same caliber with Harris and Sunseri(hurt?)DBs have been much better than expected, not sure who they are. Anyway New2PA and Jacky have a very good grasp on that league. Kicker is money with big leg. Hey,Prep is the Prep and they have played the best early. If McCord healthy most likely a blow out. Maybe a blow out without McCord. Prep has the size and speed & I believe the stronger coaching staff from top to bottom.

Everything you say Soup is correct. One thing overlooked that I saw in both P-R / PCC games this year is that key players on the DL/OL go both ways. Both Allen kids (55 and 50) and Beatty. I think a key for SJP will be able to run the the ball and pound on PCC's DL. 3 or 4 yards at a pop. Burrell is a great runner and behind a massive OL who has kids that have been playing for 3 years together, they will wear PCC kids down. (at least 2 and maybe 3 of the starting OL played against P-R in '17 if I am correct.)

I would not be surprised that if they can sustain some drive of 5-6 plays, 50. and 55 will need to be subbed. I personally think the back 7 is a big step down from the front 4. Harris is a good HS LB. Sunseri is hurt and out for the year will a knee injury. That hurts them. He was tough and athletic. Against P-R, they basically played Nickel with another DB in the game and 21 in the box with Harris. Against SJP, they will have a decision to make. Play another DB or play #39 who is a LB and more of a plugger, than a runner/athlete. If SJP can be patient and not make turnover like P-R (5!!!), they should win in a mercy rule game because of the O/D matchup alone.

PCC on offense is funny. Basically, they haven't been able to run the ball at all in the last two games and had to rely on QB to make plays. He has. PCC does 7/8 man protections and runs 2/3 man routes and more or less throws it deep. I think SJP DB's will be able to handle PCC young WR's (Caruthers is a Soph and the other kid - 84 - is also an underclassman). #19 (track kid) and #14 (Benson) also play, but have not done much. To PCC coaches credit, they have played the kids that make plays instead of the hype kids. LoL.

Keys to game:
1. McCord playing - if he does, could be Mercy rule by 3rd quarter because of mismatch with WR vs. PCC DB's.
2. SJP OL vs. PCC DL - need to run downhill and make them engage.
3. PCC run game - if they don't have anything better than past two weeks, it will be long day.
4. SJP Pass rush - need to get to PCC QB. He's had time and made teams pay when needed last two week.

My prediction - with McCord: 45 - 10 SJP. Mercy rule in late Q3.
Without McCord: 35-17 SJP. Close till Q3, then a score or two by SJP seals it.

Everything you say Soup is correct. One thing overlooked that I saw in both P-R / PCC games this year is that key players on the DL/OL go both ways. Both Allen kids (55 and 50) and Beatty. I think a key for SJP will be able to run the the ball and pound on PCC's DL. 3 or 4 yards at a pop. Burrell is a great runner and behind a massive OL who has kids that have been playing for 3 years together, they will wear PCC kids down. (at least 2 and maybe 3 of the starting OL played against P-R in '17 if I am correct.)

I would not be surprised that if they can sustain some drive of 5-6 plays, 50. and 55 will need to be subbed. I personally think the back 7 is a big step down from the front 4. Harris is a good HS LB. Sunseri is hurt and out for the year will a knee injury. That hurts them. He was tough and athletic. Against P-R, they basically played Nickel with another DB in the game and 21 in the box with Harris. Against SJP, they will have a decision to make. Play another DB or play #39 who is a LB and more of a plugger, than a runner/athlete. If SJP can be patient and not make turnover like P-R (5!!!), they should win in a mercy rule game because of the O/D matchup alone.

PCC on offense is funny. Basically, they haven't been able to run the ball at all in the last two games and had to rely on QB to make plays. He has. PCC does 7/8 man protections and runs 2/3 man routes and more or less throws it deep. I think SJP DB's will be able to handle PCC young WR's (Caruthers is a Soph and the other kid - 84 - is also an underclassman). #19 (track kid) and #14 (Benson) also play, but have not done much. To PCC coaches credit, they have played the kids that make plays instead of the hype kids. LoL.

Keys to game:
1. McCord playing - if he does, could be Mercy rule by 3rd quarter because of mismatch with WR vs. PCC DB's.
2. SJP OL vs. PCC DL - need to run downhill and make them engage.
3. PCC run game - if they don't have anything better than past two weeks, it will be long day.
4. SJP Pass rush - need to get to PCC QB. He's had time and made teams pay when needed last two week.

My prediction - with McCord: 45 - 10 SJP. Mercy rule in late Q3.
Without McCord: 35-17 SJP. Close till Q3, then a score or two by SJP seals it.
Wow new....you give PCC no chance, no better than Northeast or Nazareth who had some opportunities and said "hello" a few times? Not a coulda, shoulda, yeah but person........but feel CC has a chance to be more competitive than Ne or Naz. No?....make it a 2 score game the way SJP performed last 2 weeks without McCord. Props to Cooper but they are not firing on all cylinders.

18 point difference without McCord is almost a 2 score game!! LoL.

I just think that SJP OL will be able to handle PCC DL in a way no one has been able to. Could be wrong.

Reactions: Stalker
Does anyone think it will be closer? This isn’t one of PCCs best teams and it seems like SJP is SJP.

Does anyone think it will be closer? This isn’t one of PCCs best teams and it seems like SJP is SJP.
I don't know about PCC, but if key players other than McCord and Trotter are injured, SJP could struggle. Lenaghan, for instance, was injured last week, I don't know how seriously. If he can't go or if he's far from 100%, the Prep defense will be a lot more vulnerable. I know I'm stating the obvious. The predicted cold will probably make turnovers more likely.

18 point difference without McCord is almost a 2 score game!! LoL.

I just think that SJP OL will be able to handle PCC DL in a way no one has been able to. Could be wrong.
Yes it is New, almost 18. And right....Sunseri is out. Shit! Not questioning your insight that is much appreciated and anticipated; more my eternal optimism that worked on the field but not in prognosticating. Great review that makes complete logic.

Reactions: new2pa
Prep wins in OT...prep faithful awfully quiet in lead up to this game, in spite of injuries, especially mccord...what team has malik cooper as a backup. Throws a dime to harrison on fourth as seen above, absolute seed in pressure situation. Gutsy win indeed .

Prep wins in OT...prep faithful awfully quiet in lead up to this game, in spite of injuries, especially mccord...what team has malik cooper as a backup. Throws a dime to harrison on fourth as seen above, absolute seed in pressure situation. Gutsy win indeed .
CnM -
Justifiably concerned - lots of injuries but give staff and players credit - Frankly, good for eastern PA football

Geez guys, why the surprise at score or anger. Two good teams just went at it in a good one. I'll take CD in the final. And...…..how about Cheltenham!

Reactions: new2pa
Anybody have information about the Prep players who are injured? I am assuming McCord and Trotter are not playing next week. Will Leneghan be back? I didn't hear Rightley's name mentioned today. Is he injured? Anyone else?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT