ADVERTISEMENT

Pine-Richland 2024

spot-on accurate, yes Dennison is done, this makes 5 different in 5 years. Not sure some rumor that a coach named Buches might come back, to work w Bezilla i guess, for OC, but not confirmed- it's not easy to coach at PR- and it's not easy "keeping up w the big dogs" in 5A and 6A!!
Buches was a tight end at Pitt and Central Catholic 20 years ago

Reactions: new2pa

It looks like the new sections were just released. Aliquippa and Plum in; Woodland Hills are out of P-R's section.

Great performance from Vaughn Spencer this afternoon to win a state title at 172 - third at Pine-Richland and first since the early ‘80s? He’ll come out our way to Lehigh in a couple years and seems like they’re getting a good one.

He was our best QB before he quit football to focus on wrestling. Looks like it paid off for him!

He was our best QB before he quit football to focus on wrestling. Looks like it paid off for him!
he was the best overall football player in 2025 at pr. one of the reasons he quit football, was the disaster of PR admin ripping apart the program

Spencer wanted to follow in his brothers footsteps as the QB at PR. Is in same grade as Kasper’s kid - was also a QB.

Spencer had the perfect setup to do after Coach K and family left, and after Boyd graduated. Maybe be a 3 years starter (Palmeiri to RB??). Start mostly as a runner and grow into a passer over time - which was the new staff’s “system” (smash mouth, run first, etc).

Still chose to leave. I’m sure injuries had something to do with it too, but this family spans *generations* of PR football and kid still quit.

Spencer wanted to follow in his brothers footsteps as the QB at PR. Is in same grade as Kasper’s kid - was also a QB.

Spencer had the perfect setup to do after Coach K and family left, and after Boyd graduated. Maybe be a 3 years starter (Palmeiri to RB??). Start mostly as a runner and grow into a passer over time - which was the new staff’s “system” (smash mouth, run first, etc).

Still chose to leave. I’m sure injuries had something to do with it too, but this family spans *generations* of PR football and kid still quit.
each of the new coaching staffs in 21 and 22 barely knew anything about Vaughn- this kinda led to him being "undervalued" and they used him as a "blocking back" in 22, really kinda stupid- that cause some of his injuries

Coach LeDonne should have known. Even though he sends his kid to Oakland Catholic, he’s lived in P-R for quite a while.

Coach LeDonne should have known. Even though he sends his kid to Oakland Catholic, he’s lived in P-R for quite a while.
yes maybe, who knows, situation still bugs me- could have won another state and 2 more wpials in the last 3 yrs

another random thought- rumor is Cole Spencer might be playing football for Penn- New- do some digging!!

2020: Yes, I heard the same several weeks back about Cole Spencer. Done wrestling, playing football. But have seen nothing more about it. I will check.

PR schedule release. Same teams as last year practically but kiski swapped with quippa. Some of the other teams in pr’s conference have some interesting cross-class non conference games. North hills playing Central Valley and mars particularly. Definitely thought if pr had any 4A cross class games mars would be excellent opponent with several interesting storylines going in (biggest being coach k and jr on mars sideline) and would renew the rivalry from the 2000s-early 2010s. Also looks like quippa avoided cross class games with the 6A powers.

Anyone have any word on week 0?

PR schedule release. Same teams as last year practically but kiski swapped with quippa. Some of the other teams in pr’s conference have some interesting cross-class non conference games. North hills playing Central Valley and mars particularly. Definitely thought if pr had any 4A cross class games mars would be excellent opponent with several interesting storylines going in (biggest being coach k and jr on mars sideline) and would renew the rivalry from the 2000s-early 2010s. Also looks like quippa avoided cross class games with the 6A powers.

Anyone have any word on week 0?
the "replacement" for Kiski is zippo- lost a non-conf game. Section has gone from 6 to 7 teams- now we got all 6A- iron sharpens iron!

the "replacement" for Kiski is zippo- lost a non-conf game. Section has gone from 6 to 7 teams- now we got all 6A- iron sharpens iron!
week zero might be a problem- don't have anyone yet- word is if Quips were 4A, LeDonne was gonna play them in week zero- cannot imagine wpial changing now- but might be court-ordered is the rumor- wheels of justice!!!

phew-
wpial 6A runner-up (PCC)- away- game 1
wpial 5A semi-finalist (PH)
2-time wpial 4A champ / PIAA champ (quips)
2-time wpial 6A champ / PIAA runner-up (NA) - game 8
1 more 6A team (SV)

yipes

at least we "trade woody for plum"

quips could easily be 5-1 when they face us- would be surprised if they don't win at least 9 games

It’s ironic PCC cancelled St Eds last year and are now playing St Francis.

It’s ironic PCC cancelled St Eds last year and are now playing St Francis.
I saw a few weeks ago they were playing Massillon originally this year. Guess that fell through? Yeah dodging Ed’s was weird and weak, Ignatius hasn’t really been a strong program in some years.

They’ll be competitive in wpial 6A regardless but definitely a little rebuilding year coming up for them especially w/ moon and brooks transferring out. Have to replace 4 year starter at qb, new wr, new linemen on both sides.

I saw a few weeks ago they were playing Massillon originally this year. Guess that fell through? Yeah dodging Ed’s was weird and weak, Ignatius hasn’t really been a strong program in some years.

They’ll be competitive in wpial 6A regardless but definitely a little rebuilding year coming up for them especially w/ moon and brooks transferring out. Have to replace 4 year starter at qb, new wr, new linemen on both sides.
it will be a down year for wpial 6a upcoming, that is for sure

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT