ADVERTISEMENT

NP 35 - 21 Final

Wow, beck deserves montco honor with this performance, 3rd district final in last 4 years, qb with more ints than td's. Game at CRAWFORD on that grass against coatesville athletes, idk, dont count out np yet.

Wow, beck deserves montco honor with this performance, 3rd district final in last 4 years, qb with more ints than td's. Game at CRAWFORD on that grass against coatesville athletes, idk, dont count out np yet.

To expand cover, Beck deserves major props for having his team play in the District championship game for the 12th time in his 17 years. Love him or hate him. that's a hell of a record.

Reactions: lilromeo
I hate to rain on the lovefest, but the largest enrollment in the East along with key transfers in each year doesn't hurt. But he's a heck of a coach, love him or hate him. That said, I can't see them being within two TD's of C'Ville.

I hate to rain on the lovefest, but the largest enrollment in the East along with key transfers in each year doesn't hurt. But he's a heck of a coach, love him or hate him. That said, I can't see them being within two TD's of C'Ville.

No lovefest rtc, just facts. OK, bring up Anderson, Howe, Squire and Wakeman and we'll talk lovefest....lol

Hate on Beck all you want but before him (and Pettite Jr.) North Penn was nothing despite still being a huge school. Claim it's because of transfers, and sure they may have helped some teams, but he built the program to what it is and to attract those kids.

Reactions: IronMarshal
Let’s call a spade a spade... You can dislike Beck or any coach for that matter but to deny the success that’s already been had is ignorant.

Last edited:
He is easily one of the top coaches in state. Look at all of the tight games he pulled his team out of just this year. He takes his teams deep into the district playoffs every year. There have been plenty of times in which I thought his team was overmatched from a talent perspective. Yet, he’d typically make a game out of it. I see the District Final ending in similar fashion. I think CV ends up winning by two-three scores, but I believe NP will hang around.

Impressive also that on short notice he agrees to game at kottmeyer, home of lower seed, and in alot of peoples mind the favorite and runs for almost 400 yards against a team that knows whats coming. DTW put a hurting on Neshaminy earlier, np squeaks out two wins against the Redskins and yet , poof, they win . NP hasn't played a home game yet( thats another convo) as a 1 seed and here they are in final. If not for 2 turnovers last year , late against GV, this would be three years in a row facing coatesville. Beck loves the trick play against coatesville going for direct snap fb pass yrs ago in a 31-0 wipeout at coatesville and hook and ladder 2 yrs ago before halftime at NP. NP defense has stepped up big time lately, holding Neshaminy to 6 and DTW to 2 offensive scores. Don't know who def coordinators are now, may be udinski , his sons and todd Nelson but if timely takeaways continue this could be closer than most think.

You can say it is their superior numbers, coaching, or a combination, but NP teams always get stronger as the season rolls on.

At this point, in my mind, they’re even w Coatesville. I may be wrong, but I think the Raiders have only played from behind once this year (DE?). Score early and play good D and anything can happen. If it was any other team, Coatesville would be chalked. I think it’ll be a game.

You can say it is their superior numbers, coaching, or a combination, but NP teams always get stronger as the season rolls on.

At this point, in my mind, they’re even w Coatesville. I may be wrong, but I think the Raiders have only played from behind once this year (DE?). Score early and play good D and anything can happen. If it was any other team, Coatesville would be chalked. I think it’ll be a game.

Saw Cville-GV last night and impressed but feel NP will be the best team they’ve played all year. Not to bore but for those thinking Harrisburg is the best team Cville played, Hbg was not the same team then they are now having played C-Ville over 2 months ago. Transfer Qb Kane Everson (CD East) barely knew the system (game 1) making NP the best team in my view they’ve played.

Nice win by the Knights. Great season by the Whippets. I never count NP out as they are the benchmark in District 1. Coatesville has some extra incentive as I’m sure many of the players and cheerleaders remember the treatment received at Crawford a few years back by the locals.

Nice win by the Knights. Great season by the Whippets. I never count NP out as they are the benchmark in District 1. Coatesville has some extra incentive as I’m sure many of the players and cheerleaders remember the treatment received at Crawford a few years back by the locals.
Anyone who doesn’t think coach Beck is great is dillusiinal; they were very average before he arrived. NorthPenn can throw and now going back to old school run and tough Defense. Have to hand it to them. I saw them a few times and Skins and think if Skins decided to go old school on D-West it would of been a game, just like Truman. Coates has tons of weapons, but wouldn’t be surprised to see a tight one either..for a bit. Gonna be a fun one to watch, can’t wait.

I noticed you left out a drummer so we didn't fight! The above 4 are my favorite lineup.

Imagine that.. went on Preps thread and YesWorld broke out!!

Relayer and I share virtually same opinion on these matters, but my 2 cents:

1) Always considered the classic line-up of JA, CS, SH, RW, AW the finest.
2) Could never support any version of "Yes" that didn't have Jon Anderson fronting. He may no longer have early '70's vocal range but its still captivating.
3) While not a big fan of the commercial Rabin years, would rather see Yes featuring A/R/W than alternative. Anderson is the key, Wakeman is the cherry on top the cake.
4) The current "Yes" version with SH, a cushanoid Alan White (and that's a sin!!), Buggles' keyboards and the flavor of the day Anderson impersonator will never be patronized by moi!!
5) I actually enjoyed the breakout of ABWH in the late '80's, Spectrum was vintage still, but no comparison to the JFK and '79 Spectrum in the round performances.
6) Phila was a 2nd home to Yes, thanks in part to the endless loyalty from upper NE Phila, Phila suburbs including the Mainline and Ed Sciaky!!

For your holiday pleasure, may cue to 2:47 and enjoy, he had no peer!! Emerson was top shelf but Wakeman brought a flair to his speed and virtuoso talent..

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT