ADVERTISEMENT

Malvern Job

You guys are such a bore, rather talk about who will be the head coach at a random high school than National Signing Day. Ed O'brien was smart when he left this site.
Well,does anyone have the reason that Woods RB Blackshear flipped from Temple ,to Michigan State,and now to Rutgers ?

I knew he would flip once Rhule left. The atmosphere on Broad Street changed once that happened. King from Judge is close buddies with him. I actually thought they would play together at Uconn. Didn't expect him to stay in the same conference once he flipped from MSU. Rutgers must've had a lasting impression being though that was the last stop for OV.

Perhaps Rutgers was the #1 the entire time after Rhule left Temple and the "commitment" to Michigan State was just bs to cause some hype over Rutgers flipping an inter-conference commitment.
Just my opinion.

It seems, at least from the outside, it was a combination of things. I read that Mark Dantonio has a strict "no-visit" policy and was less than thrilled he took an official visit to Rutgers after committing to MSU. Perhaps this made him less appealing to the MSU staff. I also believe it's a case of being close to home (even with a closed Turnpike bridge) and the availability of playing time.

Reactions: CYOBALL1
It seems, at least from the outside, it was a combination of things. I read that Mark Dantonio has a strict "no-visit" policy and was less than thrilled he took an official visit to Rutgers after committing to MSU. Perhaps this made him less appealing to the MSU staff. I also believe it's a case of being close to home (even with a closed Turnpike bridge) and the availability of playing time.
Can't confirm the MSU policy, but I think the playing time and being close to home did it. Coming from a MMQB like myself I wouldn't go near Rutgers if MSU wanted me..... but from a kid in that situation I'll go with the best situation for my career.

What's the deal with Lock Haven. I'm sure they don't have enough money to pay all of the kids that committed to their program. I
m guessing they sold the school well. Every kid that basically wanted to continue playing football Lock Haven said come on.

Odd hire for Malvern, you would think they'd make a splash rather than a sub-.500 head coach from the area.

Odd hire for Malvern, you would think they'd make a splash rather than a sub-.500 head coach from the area.
Former coach there, great relationship with CYO programs, he can recruit. Would be an excellent choice.

A) He hasn't gotten the job yet.
B) He has coached there before and interviewed last time around, they know him.
C)He has done a tremendous job at W.C. East, (IF your going to say that then compare his record at East to Ellis)
D) They went with the "big splash" in hiring Brady last time and it turned out to be an embarrassment. Safer pick and Dave G. doesn't need a full time job. Under the radar hire yes but a great hire. He should do well at Malvern.

He has done a tremendous job at W.C. East???

Not trying to bash a program but it is hard to call last three years there "tremendous". 3rd year in and you are 5-7 averaging 20 points is hardly "tremendous".

Do you have any clue what it is like to coach at a place like W.C. East? He has done a tremendous job with what he has had to work with. They were very competitive against every team in the Chestmont this year. and took Marple to double overtime in the 5A playoffs with a Qb that was petrified to drop back to pass. W.C East is in a better position now then when he got there. He doesn't get to recruit the talent at W.C East. He has to work with what walks in the door. Let's see what happens at East if he takes the Malvern job. Wonder if they will even win 5 or 6 games in 3 years.

Dave Gueriera will announce to his team tomorrow morning that he will be leaving and taking the head coaching job at Malvern Prep. All assistants are aware of his departure.

I wonder why???
From what I understand and heard is that the AD there is a pain to work with. It's not just football, a lot of other coaches from other sports have left because of her. One of the main reasons Ellis left before Gueriera got there was because of the AD.

Do you have any clue what it is like to coach at a place like W.C. East? He has done a tremendous job with what he has had to work with. They were very competitive against every team in the Chestmont this year. and took Marple to double overtime in the 5A playoffs with a Qb that was petrified to drop back to pass. W.C East is in a better position now then when he got there. He doesn't get to recruit the talent at W.C East. He has to work with what walks in the door. Let's see what happens at East if he takes the Malvern job. Wonder if they will even win 5 or 6 games in 3 years.

Malvern is 1-4 with the most talented roster in SE Pa, tremendous hire. Go from beating LaSalle last year to getting embarrassed by them with a back up QB and you have ten scholarship players on your roster?? Looks like the AD's boy wasn't the right guy after all.

Malvern is 1-4 with the most talented roster in SE Pa, tremendous hire. Go from beating LaSalle last year to getting embarrassed by them with a back up QB and you have ten scholarship players on your roster?? Looks like the AD's boy wasn't the right guy after all.
Most talented roster in SE PA .... "say whaaa?"

VUcat. Put down the bottle. The old coach wasn't the guy and he embarrassed the school because he couldn't keep it in his pants. Meanwhile, they hire a guy who embodies the values of the school and by the way will do what the old coach couldn't do, Win the league outright. Hardest schedule in Southeast PA

VUcat. Put down the bottle. The old coach wasn't the guy and he embarrassed the school because he couldn't keep it in his pants. Meanwhile, they hire a guy who embodies the values of the school and by the way will do what the old coach couldn't do, Win the league outright. Hardest schedule in Southeast PA
Hardest schedule in SE PA ... "say whaaa"

Who has played a tougher schedule so far? Remember, they haven't started league play yet. Prep and LaSalle and Wood have so when they are not playing each other they are playing Carroll, Judge, Roman and Ryan.

Current schedule meaning so far this year. Look at who Malvern has played so far. It's comparable. That is all I am saying.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT