ADVERTISEMENT

DWest 7 - Shanahan 0 after 1

Shanahan 10 - DWest 7 at the half. Shanahan receives the ball in the 3rd. A pick and nice ball control for the Eagles which are up most of the 2nd Qtr.

27-16 was final. Shanahan led a good part of the game. Shanahan threw an interception in the end zone with 6 minutes to go in the 4th which would have put them up 23-20. Good teams find a way to win. Nice win by the Whipoets but they are beatable.

I am a Shanahan alum but DWest did not look like a District AAAA contender this game. It's hard to gauge because it's a league game and the National teams know each other plus DWest could be hung over from last weeks game. A DWest parent told me Coatesville killed themselves w penalties last week. Either way DWest won. Just my thoughts and what I heard from the local yocals.

I am a Shanahan alum but DWest did not look like a District AAAA contender this game. It's hard to gauge because it's a league game and the National teams know each other plus DWest could be hung over from last weeks game. A DWest parent told me Coatesville killed themselves w penalties last week. Either way DWest won. Just my thoughts and what I heard from the local yocals.

Dwest flat after cville. Shanahan better than most people think but Dwest stopped throwing the ball, play calling way too conservative playing perfectly into a big but slow Shanahan team. Regarding the cville comment, that is a joke, watch the highlights, dwest dominated on both sides.

DTW came out flat and made every mistake possible in the first half and Shanahan took advantage. Whippets down by three at the half felt like it should have been more. Defensive adjustments at the half helped as they were able to slow Shanahans' O down and get some stops in the 3rd qtr until their offense could get moving, Whippet O took over just long enough to get a 20-16 lead into the 4th and held on for the win. Give credit to Shanahan for coming in and playing tough and nearly going home with the win. Bad news got worse though for the Whippets as they came into the game banged up and left in even worse shape. RB Riddick #30 and nose Hammond #74 being out were factors. Then two OLinemen #54 Peterson and #66 West go down and injuries are beginning to take their toll on the Whippets. Not sure of their availability for next week.

DTW came out flat and made every mistake possible in the first half and Shanahan took advantage. Whippets down by three at the half felt like it should have been more. Defensive adjustments at the half helped as they were able to slow Shanahans' O down and get some stops in the 3rd qtr until their offense could get moving, Whippet O took over just long enough to get a 20-16 lead into the 4th and held on for the win. Give credit to Shanahan for coming in and playing tough and nearly going home with the win. Bad news got worse though for the Whippets as they came into the game banged up and left in even worse shape. RB Riddick #30 and nose Hammond #74 being out were factors. Then two OLinemen #54 Peterson and #66 West go down and injuries are beginning to take their toll on the Whippets. Not sure of their availability for next week.
Nice assessment. Agree, 74 was a big blow to start and the other injuries large. 74 should be back soon but injuries have taken toll.

Chesmont2 - Nice points about Riddick and Hammond out them John West going down. So that speaks for the offensive side. What I noticed was Shamahans o line got stronger as did the Eagles run game. Eagles online definitely exploited the size advantage. My point is I've seen DEast several times and their line is much bigger (probably biggest in District 1). West is going to have a major issue w DEast offense as they run right at you and spread you out either running or hitting the pass. Good luck to Whippets so they have the guys back for the East game. Oh yeah. Agreed that Shanahan is better than most think. They have moved from a bottom feeder to a solid middle of the pack team in this tough division. As I said earlier I wouldn't be surprised if they knock off one of the big 3. They pla Coatesville tough every year and I expect the same.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT