ADVERTISEMENT

FINAL: SJP 49 - CB South 0 // NA 24 - Harrisburg 12

N Penn is a highly rated academic school, and the demographics reflects that. I believe over 20% of their student body is from a demographic where football isn't a big part of their culture. That in it self doesn't explain all the reason for the smaller roster, but it is a factor. As far as Neshaminy and Abington's downfall, well that's probably coaching. The same can be said for the downfall of two historically powerful teams from District 11, Easton and Liberty.

Reactions: MC1975
N Penn is a highly rated academic school, and the demographics reflects that. I believe over 20% of their student body is from a demographic where football isn't a big part of their culture. That in it self doesn't explain all the reason for the smaller roster, but it is a factor. As far as Neshaminy and Abington's downfall, well that's probably coaching. The same can be said for the downfall of two historically powerful teams from District 11, Easton and Liberty.
Not sure if you’re from the area NP is good academically . I believe Bucks and Rocks are rated higher. All the bigger schools have a wide range. Down in Monto and Delco Downtown’s are ranked better academically as well as Garnet. I don’t think it’s academics but maybe that explains Lower Merion falling dramatically in the 80’s, but they’re a super power in BB. Coatesville does not have a good academic record, but the same with Ridley, these programs are in opposite places. If you journey through NPenn you’ll notice a couple Merck facilities that essentially drove the school districts growth. These are higher end jobs but there are other industries there that built up the area. The SJP fans used to joke on here about Lansdale; riding the turnpike and seeing pig farms…not so much anymore.

If you compare Swarthmore (Garnet Valley), Exton (Downingtown’s) each have their demographics but overall Bucks appears to be more blue-collar, which lends to styles in this sport…GV appears to be an exception and I’m told by a few that there are plenty of former Ridley players that now send their kids to GV…

Who really knows, don’t think it’s academics.

When you talk about SJP, Lasalle, Roman and some other private schools you have to understand the difference. As private schools they have an advantage because with no girls they do not have to abide by title 9. They can spend there money however they want. Using CentralBucks as an example thay have 3 high schools, 5 middle schools, a total of 40 varsity sports teams. All schools have cheerleaders, and bands, that is another 16. Add to that 400 coaching positions, game officials, buses and you have a budget of $3.5 million to $ 4 million. This is why it is called public school. It is there for all, not just a few. The prep has a football team.

Reactions: DripDrop
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT