ADVERTISEMENT

CBW 14-0

One man’s opinion. If this years Ridley team played last years Ridley team at this point in the season last years team mercy rules them. That’s not a 6a playoff team in any year but this one. Is this just a down year for D1 6a or beginning of a trend. We shall see. Defense and more specifically physicality/tackling is so horrendous the H.S. game is almost unrecognizable this year. Multiple playoff teams running for 300 plus against other playoff teams. My goodness. Wing T sweep being run with no one touched for 8 yards.

another mans opinion, First congratulation to West, having a great year. Now Ridley, They have some talent & played hard. But, play calling questionable (2nd & 5 from own 30 incomplete pass) and not consistent. Special teams, opening kick off almost went the distant and west scored later. West fake punt went for 30 yards because know one watched the punter, west picked that up watching films and that should not happen by the 11 game.
defense, cannot remember the last time I watched a team above Jr high selling out to the run with 11 in the box within 4 yards of the line of scrimmage. maybe in the 80,s. Once West got thru a crease they got big yardage. Last, undisciplined, Personal fouls. The one that hurt was after the interception
and the shot on the West QB, cost them 20 yards and 4 down territory. You cannot blame the young men for many of these problems. Start at the top.

Same old same old with this regime. 4th game this year they’ve given up 40+ points. Probably a record. And all to running teams that just basically ran right at them . Nothing fancy except Ridley often looked tricked , out of position , or just out schemed.

They beat one team with a winning record this year which was a 5a team Marple central league is bad or just tradition graduated!

I thought central way down this year. But both GV and Haverford both looked real,good in round one. So who knows. But most Ridley people saw this as a 7-3 team . Low seed , lose ,then beat a lousy Interboro team and end up 8-4. But not all 8 win teams are created equal

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT