ADVERTISEMENT

Pine-Richland 2021

I've seen P-R, Imhotep, and Singleton of GM. Here's my prediction

P-R vs. GM in West semifinal.

Imhotep vs. ECP in East quarterfinal
D1 vs. Winner of Imhotep/ECP in East Semifinal

GM vs. Imhotep in the finals.

In the WPIAL, right now Moon is about the only team I see with a shot at P-R. I thought maybe Penn-Trafford, BUT

P-R beat USC handily, USC beat Peters handily and Peters beat Penn-Trafford.

(Likewise - Moon beat SV who beat P-R - but that was a long time back.)

That's a lot of links, but hey.

Maybe if Gateway figures things out up front.

But right now, that's how I see it.

WOW!!!!!

Looks like everyone has finally STFU!

PR gonna win that conference.

LOL
I hope you realize that some of us have jobs and school to deal with and I can probably assume that a few of us have families. We do not have the time to post on this message board daily. We have something outside of this board that you clearly do not have - A LIFE.

Regarding P-R, winning a conference isn't hard when that conference contains Kiski, Shaler, Fox Chapel, and North Hills. I'm sure a few JV teams in the WPIAL can win this conference because it's so weak.

I hope you realize that some of us have jobs and school to deal with and I can probably assume that a few of us have families. We do not have the time to post on this message board daily. We have something outside of this board that you clearly do not have - A LIFE.

Regarding P-R, winning a conference isn't hard when that conference contains Kiski, Shaler, Fox Chapel, and North Hills. I'm sure a few JV teams in the WPIAL can win this conference because it's so weak.
LOL...says the lady with 163 messages lolololol....get a life...that is good advice...for yourself.

In the meantime, here is a nice article on Pine-Richland football...

Go RAMS!

I've seen P-R, Imhotep, and Singleton of GM. Here's my prediction

P-R vs. GM in West semifinal.

Imhotep vs. ECP in East quarterfinal
D1 vs. Winner of Imhotep/ECP in East Semifinal

GM vs. Imhotep in the finals.

In the WPIAL, right now Moon is about the only team I see with a shot at P-R. I thought maybe Penn-Trafford, BUT

P-R beat USC handily, USC beat Peters handily and Peters beat Penn-Trafford.

(Likewise - Moon beat SV who beat P-R - but that was a long time back.)

That's a lot of links, but hey.

Maybe if Gateway figures things out up front.

But right now, that's how I see it.
New, where did you see the brackets for 2021? Looks like a good rundown. Thanks.

Nice win for the Rams tonight in a rain-shortened affair. Unfortunately I was not able to watch any of it but I heard P-R dominated all night. Shaler really dosen't have much talent anyways. Did I hear that Cole Boyd got injured? I saw it on the WPIAL Sportsmen Twitter account.

Reactions: new2pa
You really are a 1/2 empty glass kind of gal aren't ya?

You only got angrier when PR started winning. Get behind the program, win or lose, support the kids.

Speculating.....like you did a month ago lol... "2 months ago, i predicted the top teams would be gateway, penn hills and PT

w info thru wk 2, penn trafford is my prediction for dis 7/ wpial champ:"

Well...Pine-Richland beat two of those teams.....and for some reason I bet that makes you mad for "speculating"......You are speculating that PR won't win another championship......LOL you can't make this stuff up.

On to the Shaler Titans...with or without you.
4-3 isn’t the standard that has been set here. PR has looked vulnerable all season long. 5A will be pretty open come playoff time, pretty dumb to suggest PR Is some kind of favorite right now. The team is playing hard because they are talented, what’s become glaringly apparent now is the things they’re lacking from previous seasons, to no ones surprise, Is the execution and coaching adjustments/playcalling. they don’t know how to utilize the talent they have properly, and it’s obvious that it’s a first time oc to put it simply.

This is a football discussion board and you come here to troll. Kind of sad for you. People are allowed to have their opinions on how they think a team and players will do. Also enough with the name calling, no one likes a keyboard warrior. Either say it to their face or don’t say it at all, period.

Reactions: bummer01 and new2pa
You ALWAYS get upset when PR wins LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL.

I would think that is you were a true PR fan you would be happy, instead you troll the coaching staff for winning lol.

Are you suggesting new2pa is wrong for posting................. "I've seen P-R, Imhotep, and Singleton of GM. Here's my prediction

P-R vs. GM in West semifinal."

Me, I am just being a glass 1/2 full kind of guy and thinking conference, WPIAL and then PIAA titles.

"Glaringly apparent is lack of execution and coaching adjustments"............yet they beat Penn Hills and LeDonne......remember he is the guy you suggested could come in and win at PR - he just lost to Campos lol.

Maybe you should have applied instead of coaching from your armchair.

This is a football discussion board, not a defend Eric Kasperowicz and bash Steve Campos thread. Kind of sad for you when you try to act like you care about the PR kids, then cry about the man in charge of leading them.

I created a thread for you to worship your Coach K, place your shrine there. And maybe if you cannot take being wrong, don't get on the message boards. Thin skin when it comes to daddy.

Take your own advice on name calling buddy....lol

"mediocre staff after the last one got rail roaded by an alcoholic" 8/24/21

"Also very interesting how Salopek is coaching, have not heard one positive thing from anyone in the football circle about him. Can’t imagine he’s someone the kids respect or would want to be mentored by." 6/15/21

Either walk up to the man and say it to his face or shut your mouth.

You really got to hate it when your own words make you look like an ass. You can't have it both ways lady.

Last edited:
When game got suspended last night, Moon was barely ahead of a Peters team that beat Penn Trafford and then got beat by 4 TDs by USC. P-R rolled USC. Boyd out changes things, and I still give Penn Trafford and Moon best shot at beating them because they have “programs” (and PT has Yacamelli who is legit) but at some point, more better players wins out.

Jimmy’s and Joe’s not X’s and O’s

When game got suspended last night, Moon was barely ahead of a Peters team that beat Penn Trafford and then got beat by 4 TDs by USC. P-R rolled USC. Boyd out changes things, and I still give Penn Trafford and Moon best shot at beating them because they have “programs” (and PT has Yacamelli who is legit) but at some point, more better players wins out.

Jimmy’s and Joe’s not X’s and O’s

My football comments aside, I do see P-R slowly get less disciplined and precise. Talent masks a lot this year, but it’s going to keep sliding.

Heard tonight that Boyd is out for at least several weeks and maybe for the season. Ankle. One of P-R's backup QB is Coach K's son, but they played Palmieri vs. Shaler when Boyd got hurt. Expect that to continue IMO.

I'm sure that both will split time going forward and we'll be able to see a glimpse into the future at least. Sucks to lose Boyd but life will go on. Let's see what happens with North Hills after they lost in a heartbreaker to Penn Hills last week. They seem improved from last season from what I remember.

Just watched an interview w campos on Twitter who announced starting RB is out as well as QB. Any idea who next man up at that position would be? North hills is a solid team this year, this will be a big test for pr

Just watched an interview w campos on Twitter who announced starting RB is out as well as QB. Any idea who next man up at that position would be? North hills is a solid team this year, this will be a big test for pr
Well Ryan Palmeri just threw a TD so I guess he's their QB tonight.

Gonna have to figure out how to contain that QB or it’s gonna be a long night. With Boyd being out indefinitely it is imperative PR wins their conference to draw a high seed and “easier”first round playoff matchup

I know PR was missing key players but damn that was hard to watch. I can’t see PR doing anything in the playoffs without their QB back

As the season goes on the players are supposed to be getting more reps and working their craft, unfortunately the gap is only going to get bigger between PR and the teams they are playing. Talent is only going to get you so far.

Not enough eyes on the practice to correct the mistakes and ensure quality reps are had. A little like whack a mole.

It is clear during the games that not many adjustments can be made on the field or at the half. It is sad to have players with the ability being let down due to coaching. Hopefully they will be able to hire 3-4 more coaches with some experience and coach fundamentals,

I am still shocked that Palmeri played QB for the entire game. I thought that Kasperowicz or another QB on their roster would've gotten some snaps as well. It will be interesting to hear what happens at practice this week regarding who gets first-team snaps, but it wouldn't surprise me one bit if Palmeri is back out there on Friday night under center. He made a few nice throws deep and looked pretty comfortable running the offense, but some mental mistakes like taking a big loss running out of bounds and throwing the ball beyond the line of scrimmage on the last drive showed his inexperience at the position. He is probably their best option at QB right now, but it surprises me that a 5A school like P-R only had one QB ready for varsity action.

Oh well. Now, there's a four-way tie with P-R, Penn Hills, North Hills, and Fox Chapel. P-R is at home against Kiski this week and at Fox Chapel to end the regular season. Kiski is on the outside looking in, so they need this game. They have a few playmakers on offense and a decent-sized o-line led by Lawhorn-Moore, who is getting MAC offers. I don't know much else about them, so it may be a mystery of sorts. I hope the team shakes off the loss and has a good week of practice and preparation.

Buckle up, it's gonna be a dogfight to the very end.

Reactions: wilson8500
They have to find a way to get Hasley the ball on 15-25 on offense - run or pass.
Hasley was nearly invisible vs. North Hills. 3 carries for 12 yards and 1 catch for 10. Dropped a pass in the end zone. More surprising was that he had very little impact on defense. I was expecting a lot more from him.

I don’t know. He was a stud last year on D and had huge carries for P-R in the playoffs including the state championship game. Maybe 10-15 total for the year, but big time runs.

Another big thing was that he didn’t need to play every play on offense last year. He and Luke Miller subbed in and out a lot for each other.

state of affairs...

Well, I could go on and on, as could every "true PR football fan." And, I'm sure a couple people on this site will criticize me for being "negative." but, things are not good for PR Football, lots of problems, kids, coaches, injuries, etc. It's very unlikely they will "win their conference" and it is even possible the team will not even make the playoffs, 4 teams are "tied for first," that also means they are "tied for 4th" and their next opponent, Kiski, is a good team, 6-2.

The kids deserved better, the parents and community deserved better. Supposedly this team has "lots of talent?" Well not much recruiting or offers happening, only 2 total FBS offers, for the whole team, 2 more kids have FCS offers, that's it.

The "leadership" of the district publicly stated they wanted "less emphasis on winning" they did not want such a "high profile program." Well, that basically asks for a more "average" or "mediocre" program. Well, wish grated, a record of 4-4, maybe 2nd or 3rd place, maybe make playoffs.

Preseason, Pr was ranked as #2 in PA, and as high as like 23 NATIONAL ranking. Yep, a "top 25 program."

• Angry
Hasley and Klemm got the FBS offers before the season.

Who are the FCS kids?

Great point by 2020sports, interesting enough.......the dollar range for the change of coaches impacting the scholar/athletes of PR regardless of recruitment level will range from $2K (books only) to the full scholarship amount up to $70K per year.

So, did this have a negative impact on more than just winning some game, absolutely.

I think looking in the mirror for the "decision makers" has to be hard or they are very callus and self absorbed, but hey we got an all girls tuba core (the only male has to have a different color tuba).

Hasley and Klemm got the FBS offers before the season.

Who are the FCS kids?
New-- actually i misspoke, i think maybe Jacob Domer is the only FCS offer, Stetson. Gochis was the other offer, but only has D2 offers, no FCS. Alex Gochis is 6'3, 200 lb senior, runs a 4.5 40, good kid, good grades, a month ago out-played Patrick Body... and no D1 offers. and Domer- 6'4, 270 last year was all-state, he is a stud, no FBS offers

How do you guys see the game against Kiski going tomorrow? They like to ground-and-pound the ball. I'd assume Palmeri will be at QB again.

bummer- phew, gonna be tough, kiski has one of the best oline kids in the state they will run behind- if Pr plays like they did last week, will be ugly and close, maybe 14-13 either way, if PR plays great, maybe 20-10 win- i do not want to predict a loss but there's a lot of problems, beyond on-field stuff, i would be surprised if pr wins

I watched Kiski play against Shaler, and while it is Shaler, Kiski was moving the ball down field with ease pounding it up the middle and occasionally throwing it via RPO. Plus, Kiski is on the outside looking in. They need this game to stay alive heading into the last week. Penn Hills plays Shaler and North Hills plays Fox Chapel, so I'd bet PH and NH pick up wins there, and IF P-R loses, their game at Fox Chapel will determine who gets in. I'm probably totally wrong, but I think that's how things would play out in this scenario.

Kiski is much better than last year. In addition to a strong OL led by the Lawhorne-Moore, they have a very good WR in Heinle. I think they will try and run the ball, but believe they will need to take some shots with the Heinle kid. I'll still go with P-R, but with much less certainty. Kiski needing a win to stay playoff relevent is a huge factor I think.

Kiski’ Looks like a similar team to north hills to me, they are more than capable of beating PR. Anyone know of east burns status? For me, PR needs get the run game going without having to rely on an inexperienced QB, and limit some of the costly errors from last week.

Honestly, I'm pleasantly surprised that they were able to drive seventy yards for a score with 1:42 to go in the half, but like Jacky said, this lead is not safe one bit. Kiski gets the ball to start the second half, so lets see how that goes.

Pine-Richland will escape with a 33-27 win over Kiski. On to Fox Chapel next week. P-R has also clinched a spot in the WPIAL playoffs.

Well, credit to PR coaches, did a decent job tonight, despite some problems in the program- clinched playoff spot, and with a win next week, might get a higher seed, maybe a home playoff game. Kiski was a good team, crazy, they are 6-3 and out of the playoffs. And craziest, other than Shaler, every one of PR opponent this year are playoff caliber teams, 8 out of 9 have winning records. Coaches had a few odd decisions tonight, but seemed organized tonight, mixed run and pass nicely. Defense was shaky, not sure why, i think Kiski had a good game plan, QB played great. Real bummer from last week, fluke last week, almost squeaked it out against North Hills, coulda been #1 in conference and maybe 2 or 3 seed. But, oh well, maybe get 4 seed in WPIAL. Don't think PR can beat Moon or PT later in playoffs, but maybe win a playoff game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT