ADVERTISEMENT

Pine-Richland 2021

It’s been since 2016 since PR lost 2 in a row.
It’s been since 2013 since PR lost to SV.

PCC next

Reactions: JACKY6996
I have no idea the last time they started 0-2

2011?
Honestly think your right. Will have to look up on Maxpreps later.

I think if they win any game this year every game will be a dog fight. Talented team that looks like they just started 7v7. Honestly I could sit here and Write a novel on how unprepared and outcoached their getting. They can’t even freaking get 11 kids on the field half the time!!!

Just wondering from the Campos supporters here. Is it good enough now for the kids to be playing hard and the coaches to be doing the best they can?

They have state championship game talent and are 0-2, with PCC, USC, and Gateway up next.

Maybe the get it together, but I’m seeing 1-4 as a reasonable outcome of those games. Maybe they will be favored vs USC because it’s at home and USC isn’t real physical or big. But that’s it.

If everyone is trying hard, is 1-4 good enough.

Everyone knows what this was about. The Pine-Richland administration resented the success of the football program. It's irrational but true. The comment of defensive line coach Jared Miller back in April says it all:

"But we always knew they had it out for us. They never really supported us in anything. In 2017 and 2020, we won a state championship and our superintendent and the assistant superintendent were nowhere to be found. You’d think you’d be on the field congratulating us"

So they ginned up some absurd crap to get rid of Kasperowicz and all his staff. They intentionally hired an incompetent with the goal of bringing the football program down a peg. They have succeeded. They are happy.

From what I am seeing, the team is committing too many unforced errors (individual and assignments). This all comes down to being prepared and having the ability to adjust both which are directly associated with coaching on the field and in meetings. When players are second guessing on the field it effects their ability to play fast (recognize assignments and make plays). There are many talented players on the team, they need to be put in position to be successful, more eyes and voices on the staff would help that tremendously.

PR will be competitive in conference play, they don't have much room for errors. Not feeling real good when it comes down to the end of the game and need execution to close it out. This is not the same style team from the Kasperowicz era.

Reactions: bummer01 and new2pa
Reflecting on the first 2 games and scrimmage, the level of preparedness comes into question. I am starting to believe the the performance under pressure is lacking.

Does anyone feel that the lack of summer competition could be a reason. Both the coaches and players have had breakdowns during key situations so far. Not sure how I feel about this. In the past the team participated in a minimum of five 7v7 during the summer (minimum of 3 games per event), That would equate to 15 mimi scrimmages if you will.

Understood on 2020, everyone was in the same position. However, you were in a position of executing an already installed offense and defense with a tenured coaching staff. The players did not really have to learn new systems and the coaches had year over year data to use. My understanding is the previous game tapes were deleted which is odd because they were funded by the booster's club (owned license). I do not know if video was ever recovered.

Starting over with limited resources was definitely not in the best interest of the players in my opinion.

Truth is Kasperowicz was a great high school coach and knew what assistant coaches he needed to be successful. Good coaches develope talent, bad coaches only get a natural great player every so often. As the saying goes "you are what your record says you are" . The new coach brought a clown show to PR. Feel so sorry for the players.

Reactions: lilromeo and new2pa
Not sure what game film they are looking for, but I think every game since 2011 or 2012 is on YouTube… it’s the HUDDL film I think.

Reactions: wilson8500
Yes, not a matter of what they were looking for (HUDL), the whole system was scrapped by Kasper's group. Not making excuses for the new coaches , however it seems like they had limited exposure to the basics to utilize for implementing the offense and defense. It really seems like there is a lack of urgency with the group as well.

Do they still film practices? That was a huge part of the teaching process. With the schools ability to use students from the theater/film clubs, it should be pretty easy to engage and secure participants.

It looks like these guys are not very tech savvy and not utilizing tools that are available to them.

Reactions: new2pa
Yes, not a matter of what they were looking for (HUDL), the whole system was scrapped by Kasper's group. Not making excuses for the new coaches , however it seems like they had limited exposure to the basics to utilize for implementing the offense and defense. It really seems like there is a lack of urgency with the group as well.

Do they still film practices? That was a huge part of the teaching process. With the schools ability to use students from the theater/film clubs, it should be pretty easy to engage and secure participants.

It looks like these guys are not very tech savvy and not utilizing tools that are available to them.
The whole system was not "scrapped by Kaspers group." They did their best to support the kids in the transition, without "stepping on the toes" of PR admin, or the new coaches. whatever Ek did, or did not do- there were some great assistant coaches who dragged thru the mud, and devoted lots of time and energy to PR kids over the last 8 years, only to get fired. The new coaches tried to use the old stuff, and are still trying to use the "old stuff." Really tough situation for a lot of people, mostly the kids, who is fact were indirectly "blamed" by the "leaders" at PR, for bullying and harassing each other- which THEY DID NOT

Too many other things to say... just hoping the kids eventually rally and the team starts playing better

EK and the Staff ran a top rate program, I would almost say similar to a small college with all of coaching experience, training, analytics, video and most of all the treatment of the players. He let the players have fun and be accountable for their actions. Kids are kids and unfortunately, some kids today don't know how to face adversity without having their parents get involve. EK and staff had a good formula for getting the most out of the players while keeping them grounded in the community.

Water under the bridge, hiring a HC without a staff plan obviously has not worked out too well so far. It will be very interesting the first series Friday night in either case, hopefully PR takes the ball and scores. That would be a confidence builder on all levels, players, coaches, students and fans.

Can Kerns, Klemm, Domer and Mahoney handle the the PCC Big 3? If they can keep Boyd clean and run the ball some, they have a chance. PRs offense needs to be on the field and keep the defense fresh to be competitive.

With that said, I think PCC will out coach them. PCC, 42-14.

Reactions: bummer01
Can Kerns, Klemm, Domer and Mahoney handle the the PCC Big 3? If they can keep Boyd clean and run the ball some, they have a chance. PRs offense needs to be on the field and keep the defense fresh to be competitive.

With that said, I think PCC will out coach them. PCC, 42-14.
Pcc is running the Pr offense of years past and they have Todd jochem as an assistant. I can’t see this not being a blowout, he knows all those players weaknesses like the back of his hand

Yeah, it may get ugly. P-R will have to set the tone early or it won't be good. I had completely forgotten that Jochem was there. I hope Cole Boyd improves tonight. He did very well on the ground last week, but he has to be more accurate in the passing game. I can't see that being easy with Hinish and Aulicino on their D-line. As PRFB_Fan said, the O-line will have to be at the top of their game tonight.

Regarding coaching, anybody can outcoach a staff that has a member whose only prior experience was flag football, so it really won't be hard for a coach like Terry Totten to win this one.

I hope I'm wrong, and who knows, maybe we'll all be wrong and Steve Campos will get his first win tonight.

In flag football, do they use data analytics for tendencies and averages?

Hopefully PR was able to get some tendencies from the video they can exploit.

PCC historically has been predictable on defense.

I realize Coach K was special, unique even. Per that, is this the end of PR football at least for the near future....(2-3 years) until they get a coach or is this the coach?
Too bad (the decline) if so. It was refreshing seeing a public school other than SCA dominate and be on a special trajectory vis-a vis....CB West.

The small schools are still doing it like Clairton, Quips, Rochester, etc, etc but NA and many other 5A-6A "name" Wpial teams have dropped off.

PR is playing lights out on O. 13-7 PCC has had 3 offensive plays.

P-R 35, PCC 21 at the half.

Nobody on this board thought this would happen! Now, let's see the halftime adjustments, a true question mark for the P-R coaching staff. Central receives the second-half kickoff, so it'll be interesting.

What was with the play call on that 4th and 8 situation? They didn't even throw it to the first down marker.

Last game I saw a team come back from 21, it was PR against governor Mifflin. Tables turned. Incredible

if PCC’s offense can keep that style of play up, they could be a threat. Very young though.

P-R - not sure what to say. Up 21 at home. And can’t score at all in second half.

Just saw Penn-Trafford lost to Belle Vernon. Moon with another win. Gateway with a win over PH. 5A is going to be interesting.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT