ADVERTISEMENT

Pine-Richland 2020

That's a wrap. State Championship for the Rams!

My biggest takeaway from the last couple games is that in the big moments, P-R's best players made plays. Spencer wasn't awesome the last few games, but made plays running and passing the ball when they counted. Jochem delivered big play after big play offensively and Miller and Jackson made the big stops on defense.

And the team around these guys was very very good. The OL had 4 seniors starters in Hayes, Jackson, King and Swisher. Had a group of RB's in Schweiger, Burns and Eastburn who you never knew who would step up. Mill and Gochis at WR were good to very good all year. Defensively, the DB's improved each week and with the Neill boy coming out, became a solid group. Hasley was an incredible "supporting" player on both side of the ball - he will be a star as a senior. And first year starter at LB Waryanka provide great run stopping ability.

All in all, it was a great team win and great season for the Rams. 3 months ago I didn't think they'd have a chance to play a month, much less an 11 game season. This was all over the papers, but this group of seniors were "anointed" after the 2017 group left as the next group to have a chance to win it all. And they did. Quite an accomplishement.

Looking back, the only game I wish would have been played was the Gateway game. I also wish Imhotep wouldn't have cancelled as I thought they had the talent to keep up with P-R in the championship.

Looking forward, Jackson has to decide where he's going to school after Liberty pulled their offer. I've seen a few Patriot offers for Jochem, but have not heard what he is thinking. Hayes will be heading to Liberty and Miller to Kent State - unless his playoff performance draw P5 interest. I saw that Schweiger got an Edinboro offer and I'm guessing that many of these kids will end up at D2 or D3 schools and make an impact.

Reactions: new2pa
Did I read that right they have PCC 5th in the entire Northeast!….with 2 losses?
That is crazy. Lost to Lebo who was 4-3, Then in playoffs beat them but 3 special teams blunders by Lebo. kick off return, punt block and kick off muff resulting in 21 points. So not impressive and NA was not a even close to being a state power this year.

Reactions: new2pa
New2pa - I know it’s way too early but how does Pine Richland look for 21 season? I know Hasley returns and should be primed for a great senior year. Do you expect them to reload? Will they be the favorites in 5A again?

HSFB: Give me a day - I’ve had a chance to talk to parents coaches and other around the program over the Holiday and have info to post. Tied up tonight but can get it to shortly in another thread.

Reactions: HSFB99
P-R 2021 Seniors Early and Late Signing Day List

Miguel Jackson: Charlotte
Luke Miller: Kent State
Harrison Hayes: Liberty
Eli Jochem: Indiana
Sam Neill: Duquesne
Charlie Mill: Elon
Caden Schweiger: Furman
Cole Spencer: Penn (Wrestling)

I'm thinking there will be some D2/D3 announcements too, but have not seen anything on twitter. 7 kids plus Spencer getting the opportunity to play D1 ball is probably they most P-R has ever had in a single class.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT