ADVERTISEMENT

Pine-Richland 2020

bummer, I think P-R would be one of the favorites to win States along with Imhotep, Warwick, and ECP.

I'm confident we will have a season of some form.
I think St Joe's Prep is in that mix also.

bummer, I think P-R would be one of the favorites to win States along with Imhotep, Warwick, and ECP.

I'm confident we will have a season of some form.
I would have liked to have seen Wood compete in 5A this year again, since I think they would be very good in that classification. They have no shot AT ALL to beat the Prep.

I'm not gonna lie, I smell recruiting when it comes to this kid from North Catholic. Dosen't it seem weird that a new QB is coming in when Spencer is graduating? What message will be sent to the other backups that a new kid came in from the outside and could potentially be the starter next year? I mean, Kenny White's transfer from West A was declined by the WPIAL, but approved by the PIAA. Also, I heard a story that a few years ago after Phil Jeurkovec graduated, PR tried to bring in two QB's from Ohio, but they got caught and one of the assistants(Cafardi) took the bullet for Kasperowicz. This all dosen't seem right, and high school transfers are fishy.

I know I’m late here but I find it funny how you mentioned cafardi. I don’t think he was a “fall guy” more or less the guy, and he’s the guy at NA right now

I know I’m late here but I find it funny how you mentioned cafardi. I don’t think he was a “fall guy” more or less the guy, and he’s the guy at NA right now

Jacky, Is that the Dad of the kid that played a few years ago? I remember the kid had a nice defensive game vs SJP. Have heard things about him and his wife over the years.

Reactions: JACKY6996
Unfortunately Imhotep will not get to play. Philadelphia Public League shutout down

Kickoff tomorrow versus Fox Chapel. Going to have to watch on PR-TV which is always a treat. Haven't heard much about the team lately. Scrimmage with SV was cancelled. Tomorrow should be a tune-up game before a nice stretch against USC, Gateway, and Penn Hill. I believe USC and Gateway are ranked. I also have not heard anything new about injuries or other personnel changes.

A few update on P-R

Defense
DE *Miguel Jackson, Sr 6'1" 265 - Liberty Commit
DE Conner Lens, Jr 6'3" 230
DL *Spencer King, Sr 5'11 270
DL Jacob Domer, Jr, 6'2" 270
LB *Luke Miller, Sr 6'2 205 - Kent State Commit
LB *Jeramiah Hasley, Jr 6'2" 200 - Top 10 2022 in WPIAL
LB Zak Waranka, Sr 6' 205
CB Sam Neill, Sr. 5'11 175
CB Charlie Mill, Sr 6'1 185
S *Caden Sweiger, Sr 5'11 185
S Eli Jochem, Sr 6'1 180

Key backups will be DE Jalen Klemm Jr. 6'4" 230 (North Catholic transfer), LB Jackson Neff Sr. 6'0 205, and DB Jordan Burns Sr. 6' 205

Offense
LT *John Swisher, Sr. 6' 260
LG *Spencer King, Sr 5'11 270
C Isaiah Kearns, So 6'0 230
RG *Miguel Jackson, Sr 6'1" 265
RT *Harrison Hayes, Sr 6'3" 275 - Liberty Commit
WR Charlie Mill, Sr 6'1 185
WR Alexander Gochiz, Jr 6'3 185
WR *Eli Jochem, Sr 6'1 180 - Fordham, Dayton offers
WR *Jeramiah Hasley, Jr 6'2" 200
H *Luke Miller, Sr 6'2 205
RB Caden Sweiger, Sr 5'11 185
QB: *Cole Spencer, Sr 5'10" 185 - Penn Commit (wrestling)

Key backups will be RB Brooks Eastburn Jr. 5'9 180 and RB Jordan Burns Sr. 6' 205

I did not know this, but this week it was posted that P-R has 30 seniors. That's incredible. The strength of the defense is the front 7, while on offense, they have 8 of 11 starters back from a very good 2019 team.

Tonight won't provide much if a test IMO, but then P-R has USC, Gateway and Penn Hills in consecutive weeks.

Reactions: Stalker
28-0 after the first, fox chapel doesn’t really look like they’re trying hard. O line for pine is dominating

Reactions: new2pa
PR needs to play a real team
They play USC gateway and penn hills three weeks in a row, what more do you want? They can’t control that the season is shortened due to a global pandemic, and one of the “real” teams chickened out because they knew anouther ass kicking was coming. Oh wait no it’s because they disrespected them with a stupid flag 🙄 you’ve been on one lately

Reactions: Stalker and new2pa
OK, that sounds reasonable. Saw Mill last year as a backup on the outside a few times. Jochem looks very athletic but seems more of an offensive player. His Father is the QB coach, right? Don't know the Aregenas kid at all. Looks like they are going to need some DB's to step up no matter how you cut it. Hoping Schweiger can play too. He had a big interception in the WPIAL Championship game as a sophomore and played very well all last year back there.

Heckert was the kid I heard about. If he's built like Slomka, but faster, they have a chance to be very, very, very good. Hope he can pass protect too - because they haven't been very good at that IMO since the Graf kid 5 years ago. I see on twitter that Hayes and Jackson are getting G5 offers. And Swisher and King back too. They need to find a center. But, they will be able to throw the ball. And if they get some support in the run game, that will be lethal.

You are right about the LB's - Hasley and Miller. I don't think they can go both ways full time. Too much. Maybe they will split time like last year. Who will be the third LB? Last year in mop up time I saw 13 and 35 in a lot.
Trust me they can play both ways and there is depth if they need to come off the field. The only game the played past the 3rd quarter last year was at Heinz Field.

P-R looked very impressive on Friday night (I think - the P-R TV student broadcast wasn't the greatest. Lol).

Very impressed with the defensive front 7. Stout up the middle and fast and aggressive on the edges and the LB corp. Hard to tell on the DB's since the FC QB had no time to throw. Looked like Eastburn (#11) played quite a bit of DB though with Mill, Schweiger, and Neill? and that Burns (#10) was the primary RB. On defense, it looked like they ran away from Jackson every play, but the other DE, #54, did really really well. Up the middle Domer, King, and Swisher rotated and kept OL off the LBs who can run. Miller and Hasley on the outside are both 6'2" - 6'3" 200+ fly to the ball. The middle LB (Waryanka? #44) is thicker and not as tall but can also move.

One offense it was the Cole Spencer show. He hooked up with Eli Jochem for 3 long TD's in the first quarter and kept things rolling until pulled midway through the 2nd. It was 47-0 at that point and Spencer had 300+ and 5 TD's. Jochem ended up with 200+ yards that included a spectacular spinning catch the second play of the game. Mill had a nice stop and go for another passing TD and Miller rounded out the passing TD's with a shot down the middle. A 6th passing TD to Hasley was called back with a holding call. Jordan Burns looked good running. He's bigger but still looks shifty. Schweiger also got some reps at RB and scored a TD. Have heard he is still coming back from an injury, so maybe trying to keep his load down. The OL did a good job. Plenty of time to throw for the most part and the run game looked much better than last year.

Bigger test this week though. At Upper St. Clair. #7 in the state I believe. Should be a better game and its on TV, so hopefully easier to watch!

They play USC gateway and penn hills three weeks in a row, what more do you want? They can’t control that the season is shortened due to a global pandemic, and one of the “real” teams chickened out because they knew anouther ass kicking was coming. Oh wait no it’s because they disrespected them with a stupid flag 🙄 you’ve been on one lately
Relax buddy. You're getting worked up a bit. I'm just saying that Fox Chapel didn't give 100% tonight in my opinion. The WPIAL is a very watered down league with the exception of a few teams anyways. Some of those bad teams have good players, but they're not good teams. No need to bash someone about a high school football team, bro. I've got my opinions and you have yours. They would've gotten killed by St. Joe's if they had the balls to stay in 6A, but they took the easy way out anyways.

Not sure why P-R needs to play up. Because they are good? Everybody says WPIAL 5A is better than 6A this year.

And, after all, they did beat SJP being one of the 5 smallest schools in 6A (and almost beat them in 4A). And I think remain the only PA Public school to beat them since their run began. So, I really don't think they have anything to prove.

Reactions: Relayer and Stalker
Not sure why P-R needs to play up. Because they are good? Everybody says WPIAL 5A is better than 6A this year.

And, after all, they did beat SJP being one of the 5 smallest schools in 6A (and almost beat them in 4A). And I think remain the only PA Public school to beat them since their run began. So, I really don't think they have anything to prove.
Their rise is almost meteoric and they've maintained it....!....making them one of the top and more consistent programs in the state.

Their rise is almost meteoric and they've maintained it....!....making them one of the top and more consistent programs in the state.

SInce 2014, they have been very good. A little blip in 2016, but other than that all double digit wins.

2014: 15-1 Lost to SJP
2015: 10-2 Lost to PCC and Penn Trafford
2016: 7-5 Lost to St. Eds, PCC x2, NA, Peters Twp.
2017: 16-0
2018: 11-3 Lost to IMG, SJP, NA
2019: 10-2 Lost to PCC x2

9 of 13 losses to private schools. But also 6 wins versus those same privates. PCC x5 and SJP.

SInce 2014, they have been very good. A little blip in 2016, but other than that all double digit wins.

9 of 13 losses to private schools. But also 6 wins versus those same privates. PCC x5 and SJP.

Hey new2pa or any of you guys out west. What happened to the PA Sports Board? Appears they aren't around anymore. I always enjoyed checking in on that site.

Relax buddy. You're getting worked up a bit. I'm just saying that Fox Chapel didn't give 100% tonight in my opinion. The WPIAL is a very watered down league with the exception of a few teams anyways. Some of those bad teams have good players, but they're not good teams. No need to bash someone about a high school football team, bro. I've got my opinions and you have yours. They would've gotten killed by St. Joe's if they had the balls to stay in 6A, but they took the easy way out anyways.

I’m not worked up, everything you post is laughable wrong. News flash: every single team in PA would get their asses kicked by sjp this year and for the foreseeable future. They didn’t take an easy way out, they’re playing where their enrollment puts them. I guess penn hills, peters, bethel shaler etc all took the Easy way out? I’m not bashing anyone but if you wanna posts that PR football recruited a QB from NC and sexually harass band members expect to be called out 🤷🏻‍♂️

losing Phil then to peters township the next week In ‘16 was a kick in the groin

New- 5a is much better top to bottom with more teams than 6A to make more interesting. That being said I think pine beats usc by 28 maybe 31 tonight. Line play of the big difference here. Usc has a ton of skill Kids and Also linebackers are very good. pines coaching head to toe is the best around. Usc had zero balance last year and could have done much better. they are tying to show it this year but they played butler in a scrimmage and bethel Park , Is young snd inexperienced, lost 25 senors and is going to have a tough year. I agree with you that Artie has to win. He has had so many D1 Guys come though and Steelers kids, transfers and huge numbers. Has to win, has to evolve on offense same with Pgh central with their 80s offense and all Star team talent every year. Need to go back to 4 classes and the championship will mean that much more. It will be real real hard to win every week.

It will be the first 5A test for the Rams and a good comparison to last year in 6A and games vs. teams like Lebo and SV. Mostly same kids playing so comparison will be easy. I took a quick look at USC and maybe I'm wrong, but who have they beaten recently? The finished 7-5 last year behind Peters and Moon IIRC. The Pantelis kid looks really good in the highlights, but

I don't get why Walker gets a pass. Maybe because of his Dad and his wins at PCC and early on at NA with the Pitt and Steeler's coaches kids. They haven't played in a championship game since 2012 and have more than enough talent being top 1 or 2 largest schools in WPIAL. I agree with you. They are so old-school and teams have caught up. It's the same with PCC except they have even better talent than NA so they are able to win.

I think what has helped P-R been consistently great even with full cycles of kids is that the defense is just as good and modern as the offense now. Coach K has taken that over since 2017 and really given it an upgrade. From what I can tell, it matches the offense in terms of complexity and "pride".

I have always thought it would be interesting if P-R's coaching staff was at PCC. Could they elevate PCC to the level of SJP?

Would love to see 4 classes again for WesternPA. But not sure anyone can catch SJP statewide unless they capture lightning in a bottle with a really special group. From what I see, the other schools are manageable, but SJP is such a good program with great talent.

Agree - USC ,they are loaded this year but I say ass whooping tonight from pine. I think they can beat Peters this year but tonight’s game vs Penn Trafford will tell me a lot More about 5a, gateway is loaded too, Holl is very good coach. penn hills not so much to me and woody might make a little noise as my most improved. No one in pines conference is any thing better than average, moon lost a ton like bethel park. Moon was solid last year though.

I have known the Walkers for a long time and respect them a lot , my dad was on Art Sr.s staff. I agree with Your statements.

I lived in Philly Prior to getting back to Pgh and two of my older sons played against SJP, Wood and LaSalle as non league games Every year . They are all top notch programs. I have a ton of respect for SJP and their staff, school, etc. I have friends that were and are on their staff. They are good for kids and know their shit.

I don’t know but one on coach Ks staff but they are very good, and make the difference in lot of games. I also like former gateway guy Ruane at PT, Holl who I mentioned.

Pgh CC to me underachieves with the talent , they only played NA, PR and only recently SV is good by default top 6 make it , the system was not thought out in 6A out west.
Pgh CC d-coordinator Fleming is one of the best for sure , dad is rooster Fleming tough ass guy rooster is.

If they play it out to states this year a big if I think pine had a Very good chance to win it all. I don’t think they will and it will be ashame with the group they have , only comes around every so often

hey, I while back I asked you about Hasley, he played aau baseball with my youngest son. He a stud For sure, good kid too

I’m not worked up, everything you post is laughable wrong. News flash: every single team in PA would get their asses kicked by sjp this year and for the foreseeable future. They didn’t take an easy way out, they’re playing where their enrollment puts them. I guess penn hills, peters, bethel shaler etc all took the Easy way out? I’m not bashing anyone but if you wanna posts that PR football recruited a QB from NC and sexually harass band members expect to be called out 🤷🏻‍♂️
Look man, I'm not gonna argue with someone about a meaningless topic. Get a life dude, it seems like you put too much of your attention on a high school football team. It's sad honestly. Find a better hobby, man.

Look man, I'm not gonna argue with someone about a meaningless topic. Get a life dude, it seems like you put too much of your attention on a high school football team. It's sad honestly. Find a better hobby, man.

I work 45 hours a week and I don’t even post on here that much so I’m not exactly sure what you’re getting on about. What are you even doing on here? Because it seems to me you just have a stupid comment to make every time pine gets mentioned on here. Maybe you’re the one who should get a life, you only come around to bash on a high school football team and add nothing constructive

P-R smoked USC this week. Had 5 TD's and should have had at least 5 more. Dropped passes and miscues in redzone killed them.

Offensively, the first drive was impressive. 80 yards in 1 minute on 4 pass plays. TD. Next drives were good to, but faltered with penalties and couldn't convert on 4th down. Spencer played well again, but after Jochem got hurt, they were more conservative. OL really pounded on USC after that. Schweiger was terrific running between the tackles IMO. Spencer still ended up with 250, but could have had 500 with all the dropped passes. They need to clean that up this week.

Defense was outstanding as well. Only real TD was a short route that Pantelis from USC made DB miss and scored. Other than that, they dominated the LOS and harassed USC QB all night. Jackson was impressive and mostly unblockable and the #44 for PR was all over the field. Really fast for a LB. I can't believe that was the #4 team in the state.

Different story this week. Gateway has 4 D1 skill guys and some returners on the OL. P-R defense must tackle well and continue to get pressure on the QB. Offensively, they need to be able to throw the ball a little and stretch the field. OL needs to continue to dominate the LOS.

Reactions: Soup13
P-R smoked USC this week. Had 5 TD's and should have had at least 5 more. Dropped passes and miscues in redzone killed them.

Offensively, the first drive was impressive. 80 yards in 1 minute on 4 pass plays. TD. Next drives were good to, but faltered with penalties and couldn't convert on 4th down. Spencer played well again, but after Jochem got hurt, they were more conservative. OL really pounded on USC after that. Schweiger was terrific running between the tackles IMO. Spencer still ended up with 250, but could have had 500 with all the dropped passes. They need to clean that up this week.

Defense was outstanding as well. Only real TD was a short route that Pantelis from USC made DB miss and scored. Other than that, they dominated the LOS and harassed USC QB all night. Jackson was impressive and mostly unblockable and the #44 for PR was all over the field. Really fast for a LB. I can't believe that was the #4 team in the state.

Different story this week. Gateway has 4 D1 skill guys and some returners on the OL. P-R defense must tackle well and continue to get pressure on the QB. Offensively, they need to be able to throw the ball a little and stretch the field. OL needs to continue to dominate the LOS.
[/QUOTE
New- once coach k saw the running game was working he literally ran the same play until they scored. The lines for pine dominated and pine was actually a little sloppy, dropped a few TDs. Could have Been a 35 plus point win. What I expected. I believe pine will beat Gateway by 17 or so with their size and physical play. I agree I liked 44 intensity fore sure New.

Peters beat PT but not sure how good PT is if they threw 4 picks to the same kid. Come on. USC can beat Peters so what’s thattell you if Pine beats Gateway?

Dude, you're the one who started this. You basically ripped on P-R with your original post. Why did Archbishop Wood never play up to 4A or 6A when they were mercy ruling everyone in the lower classification? Were they avoiding St Joe Prep all those years?

Last edited:
New- once coach k saw the running game was working he literally ran the same play until they scored. The lines for pine dominated and pine was actually a little sloppy, dropped a few TDs. Could have Been a 35 plus point win. What I expected. I believe pine will beat Gateway by 17 or so with their size and physical play. I agree I liked 44 intensity fore sure New.

Peters beat PT but not sure how good PT is if they threw 4 picks to the same kid. Come on. USC can beat Peters so what’s thattell you if Pine beats Gateway?

Soup, I noticed that as well. I thought it was one of those deals where P-R just dared USC to stop them even though they knew what was coming.

I read that Penn-Trafford had 5 ints and 7 total turnovers. I know that kid they moved to QB is a big time athlete, but seems like he's not really a QB at this point.

You think USC will beat Peters? If that's true, then the P-R / Gateway game is a prelude to the WPIAL finals. Gateway has some fantastic skill kids, but P-R should hold their own on the line and their skills guys are pretty good too.

Will be a great game.

Dude, you're the one who started this. You basically ripped on P-R with your original post. Why did Archbishop Wood never play up to 4A or 6A when they were mercy ruling everyone in the lower classification? Were they avoiding St Joe Prep all those years?
Sir, Wood has been a 4A team playing up to 5A. Now up to 6A. They dressed 31 players in playoffs last year. They have played SJP and LaSalle, two great 6A teams every year, plus great out of state teams every year.
Too much hate and negativity in this world.
Let’s all try to be better and set a good example for the kids.
Have a great night and enjoy the season!

Soup, I noticed that as well. I thought it was one of those deals where P-R just dared USC to stop them even though they knew what was coming.

I read that Penn-Trafford had 5 ints and 7 total turnovers. I know that kid they moved to QB is a big time athlete, but seems like he's not really a QB at this point.

You think USC will beat Peters? If that's true, then the P-R / Gateway game is a prelude to the WPIAL finals. Gateway has some fantastic skill kids, but P-R should hold their own on the line and their skills guys are pretty good too.

Will be a great game.
New- it also looked like the DEs from pine took a hard out side pursuit and kept the duel threat usc qb in side the pocket . They also had like only 30 yards rushing. Also pantellis got hurt And left gene so they need him back asap. I saw some more tape and the OL had a field day on usc DL. Gateway is super athletic but I’m not sure they have any size in the lines? I like pine to muscle them around and win pretty easily. I think usc can edge Peters. The last two years have been real close games, just a gut feeling no more than that. My sleeper pick woody beat up on penn hills, And have some athletes. south Fayette lost to CV, amazing so they are not good. The game of the year is pine/gateway. Will be fun to watch

Nice game Phil Jurkovec for BC, +300 yds beating Puke, excuse me....Duke. Seriously, heck of an outing and he will only get better and better maybe reviving the program. Their D was impressive as well. Be nice seeing another team in the ACC that can play football besides Clemson! Ok maybe Notre Dame too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT