ADVERTISEMENT

WPIAL 6A Rankings

I’m going with PCC for the championship in 6A.

In other news, I fully expect Sasson or a Lehmeier (current SV, former PR) will apply for Head Coach at North Catholic.

I’m going with PCC for the championship in 6A.

In other news, I fully expect Sasson or a Lehmeier (current SV, former PR) will apply for Head Coach at North Catholic.
interesting about the north catholic job, yes that will be interesting-

my prediction- Lebo! 3 points allowed, total, in the last 3 weeks!

2020: THe last three weeks Lebo beat Peters who's best win was *gulp* Seneca Valley, 1-9 Baldwin, and CMac who played with their backup QB.

I think PCC and NA are very beatable, but I don't see Lebo making it though both PCC and NA. If so, hats off to Coach Palko.

Reactions: NNFAN
2020: THe last three weeks Lebo beat Peters who's best win was *gulp* Seneca Valley, 1-9 Baldwin, and CMac who played with their backup QB.

I think PCC and NA are very beatable, but I don't see Lebo making it though both PCC and NA. If so, hats off to Coach Palko.
These 2 weeks to prepare definitely gives the advantage to Mt. Lebanon, for their coaching staff is far superior to centrals.

Thank goodness seneca is out. They gave NA the closest game in 6A.

Perhaps it's time for Seneca Valley to move on from their coaching staff with the exception of the two ex-P-R coaches. To finish last in a five-team classification when they were pre-season favorites to probably go to the PIAA finals? This has to be one of the most disappointing teams in recent memory.

Ron Butschle squandered the best senior class SV has ever had and now they're going to have to start all over again. It may be awhile before they are close to being relevant again.
again how is this their best class? a few kids going to lower level D1 schools doesn't make it their best, they had a few kids in recent years go to bigger schools, they had two brothers that played quarterback named Brown that started at bigger schools

i'm convinced people favored them in the preseason because 2 of them are going to Navy, and Lebo's 2 best players last year went to Navy, it's like they thought history would repeat itself or something silly like that

plus maybe those kids are raw with potential, and not good football players at the moment

they played for the title in 2018 and 2016, i think their 2012 team beat everybody except NA the eventual state champ

they missed the playoffs in a 5 team league, this is their WORST senior class

again how is this their best class? a few kids going to lower level D1 schools doesn't make it their best, they had a few kids in recent years go to bigger schools, they had two brothers that played quarterback named Brown that started at bigger schools

i'm convinced people favored them in the preseason because 2 of them are going to Navy, and Lebo's 2 best players last year went to Navy, it's like they thought history would repeat itself or something silly like that

plus maybe those kids are raw with potential, and not good football players at the moment

they played for the title in 2018 and 2016, i think their 2012 team beat everybody except NA the eventual state champ

BP- you are funny- this was an entertaining post!

Not sure- maybe not worst ever seniors- team did finish 6-4- but certainly not good, and sure seemed underperforming.

Looking back- maybe the best answer for SV "hype" is just that-" hype." And, I guess i bought-in, having read and followed twitter, all of the postings, ht and wt, and "offers." Also the expectations- last yr, they were 7-4 and 5-2 in conference- kinda seemed like they would be "better than" 7-4 with some of last yrs key starters returning as seniors- so maybe that led to the predictions. Also, in 21, SV beat NA and PR, so that likely led to the predictions.

But again- the outcome? Yea, not good, worse that last year and not making the playoffs when 4 out of 5- 80% of the teams make the playoffs!!

Reactions: new2pa
Definitive rankings

coaching:
1. Mt. Lebanon
2. North Allegheny
3. Canon-mac
4. Central Catholic
5. Seneca Valley

talent:
1. North Allegheny
2. Central Catholic
3. Seneca Valley
4. Mt. Lebanon
5. Canon-mac

Reactions: Stalker

I’d say 2004 is their worst senior class, considering they went 0-9

Definitive rankings

coaching:
1. Mt. Lebanon
2. North Allegheny
3. Canon-mac
4. Central Catholic
5. Seneca Valley

talent:
1. North Allegheny
2. Central Catholic
3. Seneca Valley
4. Mt. Lebanon
5. Canon-mac
That's a good method NA-Tiger. Without getting too far into the weeds....when breaking down teams, I use those two plus 'playoff experience' (etc) to give a good picture of potential.
And while following what some have said about Sen Val, you can make a good argument they are MUCH better than last year's team despite not winning as many games. Lebo and PCC stand out.

My understanding is that Seneca added a few highly regarded coaches from PR last year. That plus several good returners made people optimistic about their chances. They had some close losses that killed them... Lost to Peters by 3, Central Catholic by 3, and North Allegheny by 1. They handed Lebo their worst loss of the season, beat Pine R., who beat NA. They are a good team with a winning record, deserved to make the playoffs. Just had some bad luck.

they were inconsistent, which means they weren't that good especially considering the weak competition this year

why do the former PR assistants get so much publicity? whether it's Jochem or Lehmeier these guys are the only assistant coaches I have ever seen regularly get publicity in high school football

BP: I think that those two and Sasson were thought of as the people who ran the offense at P-R, that for a decade was the best in the WPIAL, and maybe the State year in and year out for 6-7-8 years.

Lehmeier is a legacy with Coach K from NH and played for and coached with him. Had experience as a college player and a college assistant. Great with the kids. Sasson gets a ton of credit for taking what were once thought of a pretty soft kids and built great lines for P-R: Kohley, Hampson, Dorundo, Katic, Kristofic, Hayes, Jackson, Kerns, Beam, etc... His ability to teach great pass technique is one of the big things that allowed P-R to elevate. Jochem has an interesting background and is gonna end up with 2 NFL QB's, and a kid who beat their records in Spencer. Plus the #2 passer in the WPIAL this year is his kid from PCC. And at Mars, Little Kasper is doing pretty well with Jochem calling the plays. All started as sophomores.

So, I think the bottom line is those guys did a lot of good stuff over a reasonably long period of time with a bunch of different kids. Not one shot wonders.

Reactions: NNFAN
Enough of underachieving Seneca valley….

I think that the championship game with be NA vs Lebo. NA will win, then go on to play harrisburg or Erie McDowell… I don’t know what district wpial plays in the first round of states

Enough of underachieving Seneca valley….

I think that the championship game with be NA vs Lebo. NA will win, then go on to play harrisburg or Erie McDowell… I don’t know what district wpial plays in the first round of states
7 plays winner of 6, 8, 10. That winner plays 3

Wow... you went 0 for 2. My Lebo lost at the line of scrimmage tonight and PCC pulled away. Just no offense by Lebo. Our OL sucked this year. The big surprise tonight was NA losing to Canon Mac. Hard to believe they gave up 32 points. Looks like a gift wrapped WPIAL title for PCC.
what? NA won 7 - 0

Just read the P-G article about the WPIAL 6A Title Game - PCC vs. NA. The two most interesting thing to me were that this may be the first year in history that PCC has a 2000 yard passer, and that PCC starts 18/22 underclassmen - 9 on each side of the ball. They are really good this year, but have to be an early favorite along with SJP next year to win it all.

Reactions: Stalker
Just read the P-G article about the WPIAL 6A Title Game - PCC vs. NA. The two most interesting thing to me were that this may be the first year in history that PCC has a 2000 yard passer, and that PCC starts 18/22 underclassmen - 9 on each side of the ball. They are really good this year, but have to be an early favorite along with SJP next year to win it all.
Finally, emerging from the Dark Ages? Good news.

McKeesport might have been the biggest disappointment and that’s saying something
how so? they were underdogs and on paper it was a mismatch, i think Mckeesport keeping it close last year in the semifinals was a fluke

this was a good Mckeesport team not great, if they were great they wouldn't have dropped down to 4A when in the past they chose to play up

this might be Aliquippa's best team of all time in their storied history, that's why i laugh when people say they got screwed being forced to play up

they have the biggest line in the WPIAL, several D1 prospects and people think it's unfair and unsafe for them? it's laughable

i think they have the best overall team in this down year in the WPIAL

how so? they were underdogs and on paper it was a mismatch, i think Mckeesport keeping it close last year in the semifinals was a fluke

this was a good Mckeesport team not great, if they were great they wouldn't have dropped down to 4A when in the past they chose to play up

this might be Aliquippa's best team of all time in their storied history, that's why i laugh when people say they got screwed being forced to play up

they have the biggest line in the WPIAL, several D1 prospects and people think it's unfair and unsafe for them? it's laughable

I agree McKeesport had some great wins and had a great season. No disappointment what so ever. They made it to the semifinals and no shame in losing to aliquippa.

Everyone was prancing around as if this was the game of the playoffs. McKeesport decided to change their entire offense for this game. Silly decisions as it turned the ball over on 3 fumbles in the first quarter all but sealing the game.

Alliquippa doesn’t really impress me either. I mean they get transfers from everywhere. Apparently their line is basically the same weight as the Steelers line. Play in 6a. Then it will be fair

Remember who told you first
alright bud, i was saying good job to NA, and you gotta say "i told you so"

PR was the best of 18, and Quips or CV is gonna be champs of a gauntlet of 22 teams

wpial 1A will be "best of" like 30

NA was the "champ" of 5 teams, sorry not very impressive

Aliquippa "doesn't really impress me" is what you say? that's a friggin ridiculous thing to say, they would beat NA

alright bud, i was saying good job to NA, and you gotta say "i told you so"

PR was the best of 18, and Quips or CV is gonna be champs of a gauntlet of 22 teams

wpial 1A will be "best of" like 30

NA was the "champ" of 5 teams, sorry not very impressive

Aliquippa "doesn't really impress me" is what you say? that's a friggin ridiculous thing to say, they would beat NA
Sorry. people on here were calling Art Walker a “fat lazy coach”. Nice of him to prove the doubters wrong.

Sorry. people on here were calling Art Walker a “fat lazy coach”. Nice of him to prove the doubters wrong.
“I gave Pr respect. This is the worst 6a has looked since its conception in 2016. Even worse than 2020. However for NA this is unacceptable. Art walker jr needs to be fired tomorrow morning. An undefeated record was sitting for you on a golden platter. And you lose to a mediocre Pine team. I don’t remember being this mad before. 2018 when they lost to Seneca maybe. Honestly I feel like the should fold the team, or find people who care about winning. I am pissed off”

You mean yourself? all you contribute here is hyping up mediocre NA 😂😂

“I gave Pr respect. This is the worst 6a has looked since its conception in 2016. Even worse than 2020. However for NA this is unacceptable. Art walker jr needs to be fired tomorrow morning. An undefeated record was sitting for you on a golden platter. And you lose to a mediocre Pine team. I don’t remember being this mad before. 2018 when they lost to Seneca maybe. Honestly I feel like the should fold the team, or find people who care about winning. I am pissed off”

You mean yourself? all you contribute here is hyping up mediocre NA 😂😂
I was a little emotional that night. But he proved me wrong aswell. Art walker is a good guy and he’s one of the best coaches in wpial history.

Mediocre NA? You’ll be sorry when their holding up the state title in December.

I was a little emotional that night. But he proved me wrong aswell. Art walker is a good guy and he’s one of the best coaches in wpial history.

Mediocre NA? You’ll be sorry when their holding up the state title in December.
congrats on the win, i had major doubts but they proved me wrong

but no way in hell they stand a chance against St. Joe's, none whatsoever

i don't know who is standing in their way between St. Joe's, State College? seems like they play the WPIAL winner every year, whoever it is if they can't beat this NA team they need to drop out of the PIAA

PR is a weak 5A winner too, it just goes to show how far behind every other program is when they still win the WPIAL with 3 losses, new coaching staff, and much less talent than any team they had since 2014

a world of a few haves and a lot of have nots I guess

will Ledonne be fired too since PR folks claimed they didn't like Kasper winning so much?

Looking at the future match up against state college:
Lebo beat them by a lot last year.
We beat McDowell by 11
State college beat them by 7 in OT
Logically we win by 4 points

According to brackets looks like NA will have to beat State College, then either Harrisburg or Manheim Township, more likely Harrisburg- not an easy road for NA- and these teams are more battle-tested w more 6A teams on their schedules

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT